Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

LesterGroans posted:

He was always racist. Look at how he treats droids in the prequels.

You can't be racist towards pieces of metal :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hazo posted:

Eh not necessarily. Clone Wars had BabyBoba both with motivations (even if "hates Jedi" isn't very novel) and as part of a tribe (Aurra Sing and Bossk's crew). But your point is still valid-- so much time has passed between prequel Boba and ESB-onward Boba that they might as well be different characters.

I'm not hopeful it will happen, but maybe they should have done flashbacks to literally any part of his past instead of just this Tusken poo poo.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The possibility of Dr. Aphra showing up also means there is also a possibility of BT-1 and 0-0-0 showing up.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The possibility of Dr. Aphra showing up also means there is also a possibility of BT-1 and 0-0-0 showing up.

If they don't get Craven from Auralnauts to voice trip zero I'm gonna be cross.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Just Chamber posted:

PLEASE STOP. You'll summon SMG.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just Chamber posted:

What have you done.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Hazo posted:

Eh not necessarily. Clone Wars had BabyBoba both with motivations (even if "hates Jedi" isn't very novel) and as part of a tribe (Aurra Sing and Bossk's crew). But your point is still valid-- so much time has passed between prequel Boba and ESB-onward Boba that they might as well be different characters.

I haven't watched enough Clone Wars to see Boba in it but in the old EU Bossk's sole purpose in life was to be clowned on by Boba Fett so I would very much like to see that happen in live action. No idea what they're relationship is like in the Clone Wars cartoon though.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Hazo posted:

PLEASE STOP. You'll summon SMG.

Oh god it was a joke please no

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

lol remember when captain phasma was the elite cream of the crop stormtrooper and then she got thrown down a trash chute and then thrown down an even bigger chasm
Only vaguely tbh

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

It there a set number of times you have to say his name to make him appear? What about using synonyms?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Tbf Stormtroopers do a lot better when not fighting protagonists and cute mascot characters. They lose, what, merely 3 troopers seizing the Tantive IV? Despite having to advance up a narrow killing zone they quickly overwhelm the ship’s security team.

People also overlook that the Ewoks successful ambush the Empire and then proceeded to ABSOLUTELY SLAUGHTERED. The stormtroopers are caught off guard for a few seconds and that's it. They're getting devastated right up until Chewie steals a loving tank.

And they almost casually dunked on Echo Base. "Dug in target, with advanced warning, with no fire support or air support for us? They'll have air support under the shield and anti-vehicle artillery? Five walkers should do it."

That's like taking a defended air base with five Strykers.

Sash! fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 6, 2022

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

Here's the back of the jacket:

Translated it just says Tatooine.

I really thought that was baby Yoda on the back for a moment.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Robot Style posted:

Pre-settler Tuskens called themselves Ghorfas, but there hasn't really been anything to establish whether they still call themselves that in the "modern" era, or what that word might translate to.

There's a Choose Your Destiny (An Escape Mission, exclusively on Amazon FreeTime Unlimited) audiobook that actually brings back the species that the Jawa and Tuskens descended from, as well as a location called Ghorfa Cavern littered with Kumumgah pictograms

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Storm Troopers are another of those "memes replacing what actually happened" things. They were purposefully letting Luke and the gang escape so the Falcon could be tracked to the Rebel base. They purposefully weren't trying to kill Luke so Vader could freeze him. They were owning the Ewoks until Chewy took the ATST, as mentioned.

Speaking of which, what EU story explained why the Ewoks apparently had existing giant log traps all over the place?

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

Given that the Star Wars creators like to connect the different stories it wouldn't surprise me to learn that when they were planning these new shows they looked at what character relationships Kenobi and Fett have in common and knew how amazing it would be to see Black Krrsantan on the screen for both shows. I'll be hoping to see this real bad dude pop up in the Kenobi show, too. He's easily one of the scariest characters in Star Wars for me, right up there with Darth Vader. They've had some great Chewbacca action in the movies lately so I can't wait to see a psychotic version of that in live-action. Here's a comic book page that gives an idea of what it'll look like https://i.imgur.com/Wh5QrUF.png

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

im digging this more than mandalorian so far and i think a big part of it is that theres two human characters and everyone else is some sort of hosed up looking rubber mask alien guy. this should be the standard that disney uses for its characters moving forward

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

CornHolio posted:

This season is going to basically be Dune with the sandpeople as Fremen and spice as, well, spice. The last scene is going to be rain on Tatooine, finally.

another dance around the fire as Max Rebo plays a jizz version of 'Africa'

Anita Dickinme posted:

there are many different Tuscan tribes

every time I see this misspelling I just think of sand people at Oliver Garden going URT URT URRRRT at the salad

Lobok posted:

But they keep shooting the bantha(s) and those are too large and slow to get out of the line of fire. Can't let bantha shooting slide.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i had no idea that was a comic book character and still was immediately excited that we get a Bad Wookie miniboss (and, i assume, eventual unlikely ally to Boba)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

eke out posted:

i had no idea that was a comic book character and still was immediately excited that we get a Bad Wookie miniboss (and, i assume, eventual unlikely ally to Boba)

Probably. The were already friends from work when they were Jabbas hired guns back in the day.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

AndyElusive posted:

Probably. The were already friends from work when they were Jabbas hired guns back in the day.

Friends in so much as no one had yet paid him to kill Boba

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Aphra's comic is a really good read and I wholly recommend it. You don't need to jump into the Vader comics where she was introduced either. You can just dive right into her series (which is what I did). She's great :allears:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i would start with those vader comics anyways though, because it's really good (well, that Gillen's run really is just as much an aphra book as a vader book so you are missing out on some choice aphra content by skipping it)

site fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 7, 2022

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

another dance around the fire as Max Rebo plays a jizz version of 'Africa'

every time I see this misspelling I just think of sand people at Oliver Garden going URT URT URRRRT at the salad

Lol 😂

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Epi Lepi posted:

I haven't watched enough Clone Wars to see Boba in it but in the old EU Bossk's sole purpose in life was to be clowned on by Boba Fett so I would very much like to see that happen in live action. No idea what they're relationship is like in the Clone Wars cartoon though.

Doesn't he also get clowned on by the solo children + friends?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Farm Frenzy posted:

im digging this more than mandalorian so far and i think a big part of it is that theres two human characters and everyone else is some sort of hosed up looking rubber mask alien guy. this should be the standard that disney uses for its characters moving forward

I really love that Disney is going the costume route instead of CGI.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I was on my phone so autocorrect and at work so I didn’t bother proof-reading. :shobon:

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Who's Oliver Garden?

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

site posted:

i would start with those vader comics anyways though, because it's really good (well, that Gillen's run really is just as much an aphra book as a vader book so you are missing out on some choice aphra content by skipping it)

The art is so loving bad though, Salvatore is not good.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
eh, his stuff in vader is decent enough for the most part. it's when he moves over to the mainline sw book that he goes off the deep end (where it really is just loving awful, there's no getting around how bad it is)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Anita Dickinme posted:

I really love that Disney is going the costume route instead of CGI.

Part of me was hoping instead of CGI Hutts the Twins would be enormous puppets like the original Jabba, which I love. But those days are long gone and the original Jabba was a complex character to physically represent for everyone involved. Can't imagine them having teams to puppet TWO of them.

Jerkface posted:

Friends in so much as no one had yet paid him to kill Boba

Just like my relationship with all my work friends.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

ShineDog posted:

The art is so loving bad though, Salvatore is not good.

He literally just steals and traces over stuff from the Sketchup 3d warehouse. I've even had some of my own models end up in Star Wars comics.

Either that or he traces actors from the Spanish equivalent of Dr Who.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

AndyElusive posted:

Part of me was hoping instead of CGI Hutts the Twins would be enormous puppets like the original Jabba, which I love. But those days are long gone and the original Jabba was a complex character to physically represent for everyone involved. Can't imagine them having teams to puppet TWO of them.

There's a toy Youtuber who's obsessed with Jabba and he just recently did a video where he had 3D printed a custom action figure of the Hutt where you could pull off his front and it revealed figures of the three puppeteers inside working the arms and the tail. It was actually kind of cool.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

AndyElusive posted:

Oh yeah when I first saw them I was hoping they’d be puppets but I didn’t fault Disney for not doing it cus yeah. Can’t fault them for that little thing when everything else about this episode was perfect.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Robot Style posted:

Who's Oliver Garden?

the little man that lives inside my keyboard and fucks up what I type

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Rewatching the part with Fett walking through town, they really made a point that Tatooine is not a human world.

Sure, there are humans, but the world is a blasted desert hellscape, so almost everyone is either a reptilian of some sort, or a Twi'lek, who also come from a desert planet*.

* or a computer

Anita Dickinme posted:

I really thought that was baby Yoda on the back for a moment.

Yeah, me too. Can't make out what it's supposed to be.

Brightened it up:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
porg

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I think it's the skeleton of a Kintan strider.

Cool episode! Also I'm pretty sure this is the first time we've had Hutts in live action since The Phantom Menace.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Rewatching the part with Fett walking through town, they really made a point that Tatooine is not a human world.

Sure, there are humans, but the world is a blasted desert hellscape, so almost everyone is either a reptilian of some sort, or a Twi'lek, who also come from a desert planet*.

I think they've done an amazing job this season populating the scenes. Mando very rarely had this many extras in shots and they have had a variety of interesting aliens and droids in the shots. I loved the trandoshans especially from the recent episode and the weird bikini rat.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Robot Style posted:

Who's Oliver Garden?

Ligma Jobs

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Things I liked that were charming:

-That teen tusken raider had a distinct "awkward cracking teen voice" inflection to all his braying.

-Important to observe that for a long time we associated sand people as talking in this braying donkey screams but it ends up that's just them yelling in the same context a person would scream. Be chill and they are more than willing to use their inside voices.

-Train robot peace out and just skitters off. . I also liked how they made the controls of the train look like a real steam engine with tons of valves and spigots and levers everywhere.

-There's a very organic nature to Tattoine. The little furry creature the Hutt uses to mop up sweat, or the GPS lizard. Things are futuristic but little of that reaches the Dune Sea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Panfilo posted:

the GPS lizard

I was like "is Boba Fett being Ratatouille'd right now?"