Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I feel bad for HHH, he was a huge ego in a business full of huge egos. Who'd he really step over? Other assholes. Besides Chyna, I do not like the Chyna thing.

He was also the second best pure heel WWE ever had. The first being Ted DiBiase.

Rank your all time heels here, they are disqualified if they ever wrestled as a face for an extended period of time.

1. Ted DiBiase
2. HHH
3. Vince McMahon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

4. Randy Orton

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Rick Rude.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Triple H criticised Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho and Christian for getting cheered against John Cena, publicly claiming that a good heel would get booed. He then went on to pander to the crowd and get cheered in his feud with Cena, so by his own metric he sucks poo poo as a heel.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

gently caress HHH

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
i don't care if HHH is a bad person or not he just wasn't very entertaining for how much time he spent on my television

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
the triple hhh vs kevin nash sledgehammer ladder match that ended in a pinfall loving owned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hihGAJMZpfo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tweak posted:

gently caress HHH

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Nick Khan: "People like you don't don't get to be president of WWE..."

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
lol

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

dodgeblan posted:

when the new wave of firings started i thought to myself 'there's no way this can be as funny as the last ones'

i will never doubt WWE's ability to be funny again

Outside of Regal I was mostly numb to it. Like k it was a bunch of backstage guys who I should appreciate more but I don't know anything about and some wrestlers who won't be cutting 20 min promos on raw, nothing to mindblowing. Then the refiring of Joe like shattered through the numbness.

Master Mold Sentinel with Nick Khan's Head: It's just business

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jan 7, 2022

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

There was a time when HHH vs Cactus from 2000 was my favorite feud, til I went back a few years ago and rewatched everything and it really is just Hunter existing in an area while Cactus does GOAT level promos and matches lol

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

HHH being booked as the toughest street fight/hardcore/garbage match guy back then really is just the weirdest poo poo to me. Yeah, I know, "Am I loving going over" and sitting in on booking meetings and all that but he just never had the look or presence for all that imo.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great wrestler Triple H is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Triple H"

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Hefty Leftist posted:

Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great wrestler Triple H is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Triple H"

Very funny! Calling HHH a great wrestler :xd:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
In Joe's final promo he said he'd return to fight the NXT champion though :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He didn’t say which NXT champion BAY BAY

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hefty Leftist posted:

Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great wrestler Triple H

Unbelievable punchline, hope you didn't see that "comedian" more after this

Blaise330 posted:

In Joe's final promo he said he'd return to fight the NXT champion though :(

If I'm right about Ciampa being gone soon too this can still technically (him returning to wrestling and fighting the person who won the belt after) be correct!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

HHH is putting on 5 star classics in a lot of people’s heads it seems, packed house every night

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

HHH being booked as the toughest street fight/hardcore/garbage match guy back then really is just the weirdest poo poo to me. Yeah, I know, "Am I loving going over" and sitting in on booking meetings and all that but he just never had the look or presence for all that imo.

one of the highlights of the bryan and vinny retro reviews when they got to 2000 was bryan losing his mind at that feud and how it made mick look like a massive geek

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Alaois posted:

one of the highlights of the bryan and vinny retro reviews when they got to 2000 was bryan losing his mind at that feud and how it made mick look like a massive geek

Them calling him HUNTOR during his reign of terror is one of my favorite running gags

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
TIME TO LOSE THE GAME

HUEHUEHUEHUE

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Samoa Joke

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Time for HHH to come and marry the also totally not dead Queen of England

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAbMSLeml5g

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think they're going to bring back samoa joe soon

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Saul Goode posted:

Triple H criticised Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho and Christian for getting cheered against John Cena, publicly claiming that a good heel would get booed. He then went on to pander to the crowd and get cheered in his feud with Cena, so by his own metric he sucks poo poo as a heel.

So Ric Flair never got cheered when he was a heel?

Cavauro posted:

i think they're going to bring back samoa joe soon

Sir, you have finally gone too far with your posting.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Shout out to Toni Storm and Scotty 2 Hotty for jumping off before being pushed out.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

New subforum background

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Grem posted:

Rank your all time heels here, they are disqualified if they ever wrestled as a face for an extended period of time.

1. Ted DiBiase
2. HHH
3. Vince McMahon

What's an "extended period of time?" Because HHH was a face for over a year a couple of times.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

NXT was the only consistently good thing WWE produced for years and now it's basically been erased from history, absolutely insane to see happen in real time like this.

Also lol forever at HHH. Cheated on Chyna to marry into the McMahons, buried dozens of more deserving stars than him, held an iron grip on developmental for years, and continued to eat up TV time way past his prime. And now? He's probably just going to be a middle manager in WWE forever.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

triple h is more entertaining in death than he ever was in life

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

STUCK :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab