Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Probably Magic posted:

I personally don't have anything against Jags and Texans fans because we're all in this together to oppose the monolith that is the Colts who are still better than true evils like the Patriots and Cowboys, but eh, who gives a poo poo.

Fortunately the Colts have stopped falling rear end backwards into the best QB prospects of their generation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/1477829331070201856

why not, it's not like anyone else wants the worst job in the nfl

e: you could argue he did a good job really, 4 wins is astronomical for this team even with two of them being against the Jags

e2: lmao from the athletic article

quote:

Culley does not call plays, so his only game-day task is managing the game, and he’s struggled a lot. He admitted to declining a penalty to punt a snap early against the Browns because he was frustrated. He also said he did not understand in the moment that he should’ve let the Patriots score late in an eventual Texans loss, even though general manager Nick Caserio advised him to do so on the headset.

I haven't been paying enough attention to them this season to have known about these

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 3, 2022

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
He's not a long term solution I don't think but there's no real reason to fire him right now either since 4 wins is more than could reasonably be expected from this team and in theory all the dumb decision making stuff are things he can fix

The real red flag here is that Caserio was in his headset on gameday; that's loving toxic and no head coach with options would accept such a situation

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Worth keeping Culley around to see if he improves as a coach. He does the bare minimum of keeping his team motivated enough to play full games, which is more than some coaches.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
As a Titans fan I am also glad the Texans are keeping their bad coach who admits he makes poor, emotional decisions in-game

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

fast cars loose anus posted:

He's not a long term solution I don't think but there's no real reason to fire him right now either since 4 wins is more than could reasonably be expected from this team and in theory all the dumb decision making stuff are things he can fix

The real red flag here is that Caserio was in his headset on gameday; that's loving toxic and no head coach with options would accept such a situation

Bill had Caserio do this in New England IIRC

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Nodoze posted:

Bill had Caserio do this in New England IIRC

Fair enough, but for all that I believe in analytics I'm a pretty firm believer in a gameday separation of front office and coaching staff

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Fair enough, but for all that I believe in analytics I'm a pretty firm believer in a gameday separation of front office and coaching staff

Yeah well when your coach does dumb poo poo maybe it’s worth having the front offices say in there (even if he’s just going to ignore it lmao).

That said; titan up.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

More turnover on Houston isn't the answer. Culley is a much better selling point than Easterby and co. They're not going to be big FA players and have years before the picks all recoup.

Caserio is a concern and what he does with the inevitable Watson assets will determine his legacy, which won't be great if the NE front office track record continues.

They need a lot of pieces but probably don't need another project QB with Mills (who honestly looks raw but like he could be a solid middle pack QB). The big concern is all their free agent signings make this team not the full rock bottom. Hopefully, they replace the leaving veterans with lotto ticket youth players, and either get Cooks to a good home or give him more to work with so he's not constantly doubled.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

The Big Jesus posted:

Yeah well when your coach does dumb poo poo maybe it’s worth having the front offices say in there (even if he’s just going to ignore it lmao).

That said; titan up.

Yeah that say should be given during the week. There's enough going on on gameday that you don't need that extra voice in there, imo

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Unless you have a very cushy front office position available for Culley and an incredible replacement lined up for him I don’t know why you wouldn’t bring him back. That job was absolutely toxic (let’s be fair it still is) and he won probably at least two more games than anyone would have expected. People were talking like 0-17 was in play for them. No need to back up the brinks truck for him but he absolutely needs to be rewarded for his work this season IMO.

Once the Watson situation is, uh, “resolved” they still have at least another season of total nightmare draft pick availability so ride it out w Culley, Mills and my main guy Rex Burkhead. Maybe try and sign a guy like josh Reynolds or Marcus Johnson to accompany Cooks then get whoever the best pass rusher you can overpay.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Once the Watson situation is, uh, “resolved” they still have at least another season of total nightmare draft pick availability

That's not true unless I'm reading this site totally wrong: https://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Future/Texans.htm

I still want to chase lottery ticket rookies and run with who we have for now while we seek that QB of the future but we're ready to go ahead and do it; the BoB trades are resolved at this point pretty much

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/1477829331070201856

why not, it's not like anyone else wants the worst job in the nfl

e: you could argue he did a good job really, 4 wins is astronomical for this team even with two of them being against the Jags

e2: lmao from the athletic article

I haven't been paying enough attention to them this season to have known about these

I feel like two weeks of gdt would teach you more then this guy knows

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I bothered to look it up and found the play. 3rd and 15, Texans gain 13 yards. There's an offside penalty that could make it 3rd and 10 instead of 4th and 2. Declined, punted

:laffo:

Yeah, you decline that if you're going to go for it. Not to punt

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CYSFMVupSdo/?utm_medium=copy_link

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Elephanthead posted:

I feel like two weeks of gdt would teach you more then this guy knows

Or just play Madden for like a week

I admit I don't know what gdt is.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

I bothered to look it up and found the play. 3rd and 15, Texans gain 13 yards. There's an offside penalty that could make it 3rd and 10 instead of 4th and 2. Declined, punted

:laffo:

Yeah, you decline that if you're going to go for it. Not to punt

Lmao incredible

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Or just play Madden for like a week

I admit I don't know what gdt is.

Game day thread. They have them on here for chatting during the games as they happen.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Big sweet jeff

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
I got Kern in the 3rd round. Leg kick TKO.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Bud light more like bud fight

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Bud's a very important part of The Big D.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Jeff knows Kern is the toughest dude on the team, smart to apologize tbh

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Doubling down on Kind Bud after this dumb rear end video of him trying to calm his goons down

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Derrick Henry designated to return

:bisonyes:

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Pig Jeff

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

no

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

winter.mute posted:

Soon he'll be replaced in all our hearts by the future former Titan Golden Tate.

and there it is… bye Tate we’ll always appreciate your amazing contributions and talent you brought to the offense

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Golden Tate: stud

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Rumors are the Jags are interested in BoB. Lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Just had a lovely experience with a college coach, so let's do it again.

Come on, dudes, just hire Leftwich.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
If the Jaguars decide to roll out next year with a braintrust of Bill "Goatse Chin" O'Brien and Trent "Never seen an ACL injury he doesn't like" Baalke, I officially loving give up. This team doesn't want to make me happy so I'm not gonna let myself feel miserable because of them any more, at least in 2022.

Gonna have to contemplate what team I do support instead though (no AFC South Teams nor the Pittsburgh Steelers may apply)

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

JT Jag posted:

Gonna have to contemplate what team I do support instead though (no AFC South Teams nor the Pittsburgh Steelers may apply)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol you won't root for a different team

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

EvilBeard posted:

Rumors are the Jags are interested in BoB. Lol

They are moving to London.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Bill o brien is not a bad ingame coach. Just don’t give him personnel control

He would not be a good choice by any means but noya total disaster imo.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

BoB probably wouldn't be terrible for the Jags honestly, but he's not really an inspired pick when there's other promising names like Leftwich and Kellen Moore that have a chance of seriously elevating the Jags' culture and reputation, which they desperately need at this point.

Even Caldwell would be better as he doesn't have the drama or baggage that BoB has from coaching the Texans.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BOB when you want to replace the giant ego with another giant ego

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Weird, I guess BOB is so soured on America after his time in Texas that he’s ready to head across the pond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

on the plus side there aren't any stars on the Jags for BOB to piss off by removing all images of their accomplishments and their names from their lockers like some bullshit high school coach

BOB joined the Texans and immediately pulled a "what have you accomplished?" on Andre Johnson lol