Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

I'd assume its a free sample - the founder of the company is a former Royal Marine, and that video is Royal Marines.

I know I'd never take that thing off if it was free and someone else was paying for the fuel.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

It looks fake to me. The POV video of the guy flying on the thing shows that his uniform isn’t blowing in the wind or anything that you’d expect from flying around in the ocean.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
A video of something just like that came out a few years ago. May have been that exact one, maybe a different one, but I get youtube deja vu from that clip.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

pantslesswithwolves posted:

It looks fake to me. The POV video of the guy flying on the thing shows that his uniform isn’t blowing in the wind or anything that you’d expect from flying around in the ocean.

That ship is barely doing dead slow ahead probably and the water is glass. They probably aren't anywhere near open ocean since there's not even rollers. Those are about the absolute best possible conditions you can ask for.

You can see the jack on that skiff is barely flapping why would his uniform?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

LRAD doesn't have fast enough radial tracking to keep a beam on that, all hail our new sky pirate overlords

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I love the dudes in here acting like they wouldn't have punched a Nun to get ahead for 'We need a volunteer to fly this Iron Man poo poo'.

There is absolutely no way I wouldn't try that poo poo if given the opportunity.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Either they put little Expanse Power Armor gatling guns in the hand thrusters or a dude on the ship with a shotgun will have some fun skeet shooting.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

bulletsponge13 posted:

I love the dudes in here acting like they wouldn't have punched a Nun to get ahead for 'We need a volunteer to fly this Iron Man poo poo'.

There is absolutely no way I wouldn't try that poo poo if given the opportunity.

Both things can be true.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

On the bounce.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Arrath posted:

Either they put little Expanse Power Armor gatling guns in the hand thrusters or a dude on the ship with a shotgun will have some fun skeet shooting.

I mean opposed boarding from RHIB's and ladders is better only in that it sucks less.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

A video of something just like that came out a few years ago. May have been that exact one, maybe a different one, but I get youtube deja vu from that clip.

Looks like May 2021.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Edit: This was entirely the wrong thread. I did not mean to post it here. Leaving it though.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Edit: This was entirely the wrong thread. I did not mean to post it here. Leaving it though.

Is the latter supposed to be US Middle East policy?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

No, that's this one.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

ElMaligno posted:

I still have 8 years until i retire, and i am looking at teaching in high school or community college as a post military thing. But man they dont care about education in this loving country

This was one of my plans too, but do your research first and make sure you're competitive and understand the kind of salary you'd be looking at. 10 years ago, my local CC was paying $2500 per course, and they had almost twice as many phds in the department as they had courses to teach.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

I always liked this image

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The Eyes Have It posted:

I always liked this image

i like his book about tripping with his interdimensional sasquatch sensei

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

hobbesmaster posted:

If it were, the second panel would have to include "now kill each other so Jesus can come back."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The had intelligence saying that that ship was carrying illicit crayons.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

You wouldn't even need a shotgun, just have someone on deck to wave to them

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Godholio posted:

This was one of my plans too, but do your research first and make sure you're competitive and understand the kind of salary you'd be looking at. 10 years ago, my local CC was paying $2500 per course, and they had almost twice as many phds in the department as they had courses to teach.

flat $20/hr for adjuncts in the SC system as of 2016 when I made the mistake of doing it

Running a production swiss lathe 64 hours a week on swing shift... yeah I can teach a 3 hour MW morning Autocad class what could possibly go wrong

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 8, 2022

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I wonder how this will affect the Russian space program seeing how they launch tons of poo poo out of the Baikonur Cosmodrome, which is in Kazakhstan. I imagine the Russian troops going in will lock it down post haste.

You know that’s a really good point I didn’t even think of that, I almost could understand Russia going in for that as a legitimate reason…vs well the normal reasons Russia gives for entering a territory.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/TaskandPurpose/status/1479608633470197767

This more appears to be of the Chechen variety, but the point stands. Never forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdzaYZWDO3A

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

That’s a very secure greenhouse.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/magi_jay/status/1479504569394954240
https://twitter.com/ElieNYC/status/1479497902653329408
https://twitter.com/stevenmazie/status/1479496961321586696

I know that going back in time to kill baby Hitler is an easy answer but here's the hard question: if you could go back in time and assassinate RBG in Obama's first term, should you?

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/SilvermanJacob/status/1478881389877477381?s=20

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

if you could go back in time and assassinate RBG in Obama's first term, should you?
Without hesitation.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Baikonour isn't the sole kosmodrome Russia uses. Don't every space nerd know this? Vostochny is the newest one in any case

Vostochny is still partially under construction and has suffered many failures and setbacks in its construction. At one point the workers went without pay for so long they painted their barracks with messages begging Putin to pay them.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Kesper North posted:

Vostochny is still partially under construction and has suffered many failures and setbacks in its construction. At one point the workers went without pay for so long they painted their barracks with messages begging Putin to pay them.

That lack of effort and budget would change overnight if they lost use of Baikonour.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

https://youtu.be/j3yngLPkA2U

How long until the jetpack part of this is real life?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Didn't some french guy cross the english channel with one of those things?

E: jetpack hoverboard thing 2 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoW-19mdy4g

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I've been an yves rossy fan for years now if that's who you're talking about

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

That lack of effort and budget would change overnight if they lost use of Baikonour.

Pretty sure they won't lose the use of Baikonur. Unlike Ukraine, they won't really put the US or even China in a tizzy if they clamped down on Kazahstan, and that's assuming whoever ends up in charge can't be bought off, which seems unlikely.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Kesper North posted:

Pretty sure they won't lose the use of Baikonur. Unlike Ukraine, they won't really put the US or even China in a tizzy if they clamped down on Kazahstan, and that's assuming whoever ends up in charge can't be bought off, which seems unlikely.

Neither do I, but Nuclear Tourist wondered about it. Point being this is a very minor detail in the current suffering of the Kazakh people and either way it wouldn't affect Russias space program beyond delays and money. Their intervention isn't motivated by the kosmodrome all that much.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

You wouldn't even need a shotgun, just have someone on deck to wave to them

This did not get enough love!!

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Fitting for the average marine then.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I literally just got it lol

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Bored As gently caress posted:

I literally just got it lol

What, were you bored?