Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
You know what's fun? All of the songs that Kass sings for the Champions Ballads are actually singable (unlike his other diddies).

My children hate my renditions of his songs but I am NOT stopping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think it’s cool and good when a game gives a player a hard time and there’s no way to mitigate it

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Rain is the mechanic that tells you to use roads instead of cliffs. However, it would be better if you could circumvent it.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I heard they made everything accessible without climbing. As it is I kinda wish I had made use of those routes.

I think it's just bothering people because they got used to just climbing over everything.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

The Golux posted:

I have, twice, been walking around in a thunderstorm minding my own business when a Yiga Blademaster appeared to attack me and was immediately struck to death by lightning.

Lighting rescued me big time on Eventide Island. I was in over my head at one of the monster camps, low on health and weapons and being chased by a moblin. I was still pretty early in the game and didn't have a lot of confidence, so a moblin was still a daunting enemy, and I couldn't get away from him long enough to regroup and stop panicking. I don't know how long this was going on, it was probably 30 seconds but it felt like I had no memory of any events prior to the eternal chase.

Then, before I realized what it meant, I saw the telltale static discharges - he was carrying a sword. And then, miracle of miracles, KABOOM!! Just like that, and I was saved. :worship:

So don't gripe to me about rain.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

And then by the time I was at that shrine that needs a lightning strike to open, I was just like, "hold my beer, I got this" and stood there and called down the lightning upon myself. Only later did I realize I probably could have just dropped a shield or something and watched from a safe distance.

But that wouldn't have been nearly as metal.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Hedrigall posted:

Also you are a magic iPad wielding elf boy on a continent with talking birdmen and fish men and giant robots

I mean who uses an iPad anymore.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Captain Hygiene posted:

:hmmyes:

"I'm afraid it's been...one hundred years"
I'd love a gruff veteran Link or something. Or even more like how he was in Twilight Princess. Tired of Links that are like, five feet tall and probably weigh a hundred pounds. Obviously this is only for the non-kid Links, it makes sense for them to be small, of course.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
twink link forever

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Spanish Manlove posted:

twink link forever

“Nah”

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Still seems pretty twinky to me

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

twink link forever

https://i.imgur.com/BZJaFU3.gifv

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

forget link, where's buff action protag Zelda

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I, the patient gamer, have no problem with rain in BotW. Having said that, the game definitely makes it rain more frequently than normal doing the torch thing at the northern lab and I refuse to believe it's simply confirmation bias.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

hatty posted:

Still seems pretty twinky to me
Having defined abs is an automatic disqualifier.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Zeron posted:

forget link, where's buff action protag Zelda

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

jesus.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Spanish Manlove posted:

twink link forever

Linkle superiority :colbert:

Seriously I still can't get over how good that mod is even years later.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There is room in the world of Links of many different kinds. Sort of like how sometimes Zelda is a ninja, or a pirate, or a bookworm.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Alxprit posted:

I, the patient gamer, have no problem with rain in BotW. Having said that, the game definitely makes it rain more frequently than normal doing the torch thing at the northern lab and I refuse to believe it's simply confirmation bias.

You made me imagine Robbie at the strip club and I'll never hear that guitar tone the same again.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Mooseontheloose posted:

If they adopt the MM type of sequel
They're already four years too late for that.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Remember when it took them twice as long to make Majora's Mask 3D as it took them to make Majora's Mask?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

And then they hosed it all up. It was kinda impressive how badly they did that game in

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Gaius Marius posted:

And then they hosed it all up. It was kinda impressive how badly they did that game in

Perennial reminder to everyone to hack their 3DS and install the restoration mod for the definitive best MM experience - https://github.com/leoetlino/project-restoration

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So somehow all the times I looked over at Death Mountain I never noticed anything really special about it. Last night I climbed the tower closest to it to get the map section. I thought it would be cool to get a closer look at the volcano because I love looking at scenery. I pulled out my telescope and

:stare:

That's super loving cool and amazing. I stared at it for a couple minutes. The sheer amount of love they put in this game is incredible and whoever they hired to do all the wildlife animations very much earned their paychecks.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Nintendo please let me play as buff Zelda

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
We don’t talk about Ganon non non non

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

That's super loving cool and amazing. I stared at it for a couple minutes. The sheer amount of love they put in this game is incredible and whoever they hired to do all the wildlife animations very much earned their paychecks.

For all the (valid) complaints about how empty the world in general is, the stuff they did include is seriously just top-notch

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Did you ever read the signpost at the summit of Death Mountain?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

The Bloop posted:

Nintendo please let me play as buff Zelda

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Yeah that about sums up Hyrule Warriors.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lmao

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://i.imgur.com/1thMFPx.mp4
Well, I started my new BotW playthrough with the traditional Accidentally Stepping Off The Plateua Tower :rip:

I always forget how funny/occasionally aggravating the sliding physics are, it's like Link's body instantly excretes oil the instant he goes limp for any reason

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

The Maroon Hawk posted:

For all the (valid) complaints about how empty the world in general is, the stuff they did include is seriously just top-notch

I don't feel like the world is mostly empty. This doesn't feel any less dense than a Fallout game.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Elephant Ambush posted:

My point is that if they're going for realism they are failing in one of the worst ways

And that doesn't make in general any less awful. I keep passing time to try to get this blue fire to Robbie and I can't make it further than like 3 additional lantern sconce things without it raining again.

… you do realize that you can light your torch with the blue flame from the sconce once it stops raining, right?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I never understood the accusation that botw is empty. You can’t go more than like a minute without finding something

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I never understood the accusation that botw is empty. You can’t go more than like a minute without finding something

how does it count as finding something if i don't get a cheevo

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Every criticism of BotW boils down to "It's not a Ubisoft game" and every suggestion for improvement is just "Make it more like the old games." Thankfully there are about 100 games that offer this experience already and BotW sold gangbusters so we'll keep getting that style for a few decades.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Skrill.exe posted:

Every criticism of BotW boils down to "It's not a Ubisoft game" and every suggestion for improvement is just "Make it more like the old games." Thankfully there are about 100 games that offer this experience already and BotW sold gangbusters so we'll keep getting that style for a few decades.

I think you mean, in a few decades, when BoTW2 is finally released

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Calaveron posted:

I think you mean, in a few decades, when BoTW2 is finally released

They just announced they're skipping right to BotW3