Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

just asking questions about wouldn't it be so sad if 6 billion people died, anarchistly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

rly wish we didnt have 2 do this :( sry fr fr :( now up against the wall. this is the fault of institutions if u really think abt it

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

lol, love a symbol that makes me look like a Khorne worshipper.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
yeah they should just stick to waving around the three arrows

love the ideology that treats communism the same as fascism and monarchism

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

croup coughfield posted:

quick bonus for the guy who tries to explain everything in song lyrics

And I find it kind of funny. I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which 6 billion people are dying are the best I've ever had.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Doctor Jeep posted:

And I find it kind of funny. I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which 6 billion people are dying are the best I've ever had.

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

croup coughfield posted:

quick bonus for the guy who tries to explain everything in song lyrics

lmao

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

lol, love a symbol that makes me look like a Khorne worshipper.

I guess they didn't figure out the black library is not a publisher of anarchist theory, despite the name.

January 6 Survivor has issued a correction as of 20:46 on Jan 9, 2022

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

my bony fealty posted:

they love this "build a new world from the ashes of the old" poo poo so much

i think its more that anarchists were doompilled long before doomers
the end result of all hierarchy is self destruction something something
twitter anarchists are loving dumb lifestyle anarchists, but also real life anarchists have also mostly hosed off and given up on trying to anything but build small communities within the decaying structure we already live in rather than change anything significant which seems impossible

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

pissinthewind posted:

twitter anarchists are loving dumb lifestyle anarchists, but also real life anarchists have also mostly hosed off and given up on trying to anything but build small communities within the decaying structure we already live in rather than change anything significant which seems impossible

if one concludes that revolution is not only impossible now but will be impossible forever, it's the logical choice, but it's also tacitly acknowledging defeat to advocate for it at all

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Car Hater posted:

You could ask people why they believe what they believe? I'd hardly consider myself a nihilist, I got here by route of failed leftist idealism - started college reading Kapital and ended it with an inescapable sense of horror at cars, trains, planes, ships and all their short-lived, omnicidal attendant technologies.

What about computers and internet routers

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

Azathoth posted:

if one concludes that revolution is not only impossible now but will be impossible forever, it's the logical choice, but it's also tacitly acknowledging defeat to advocate for it at all

im in the category of people who think that if there is a revolution it will be of the genocidal nazi more fascism now kind rather than anything good which scares me a lot. the whole idea of building in the ashes falls apart when the nazis come with tacit approval from the state and try to beat you to death/shoot you/whatever before the things are reduced to ashes in the first place.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

pissinthewind posted:

i think there's something to be said for small but successful enclaves trying to live their anti-capitalist politics even in the shadow of the metropole. it demonstrates a potential model for the future and offers a concrete example alternative mode of living. most of the people i encounter in the course of organizing or simply proselytizing agree that the system is rotten but stop short of agreeing that it's irredeemable and must be destroyed because there is no clear, existing alternative in their assessment. this is exacerbated by the fact that most "anti-capitalists" the average person will encounter who aren't middle-class college students are either trust fund hippie morons or property-owning, six-figure, white collar "knowledge workers" more interested in building their retirement fund to further integrate into the system they claim they hate. neither of these groups are contributing their labor or resources to actually build something.

small collective enterprise and property-ownership projects (what one could call a "commune") are at the heart of the communist and anarchist projects, the new economic monad forming the foundation of collectivist society. properly developed and administrated, each one is more prepared to weather disasters (natural, economic, etc.) than any individual or nuclear arrangement under the same external conditions. we do not have to wait for !!THE REVOLUTION!! to create these. you simply have to be committed to it, willing to share your labor and resources and space (even when its painful) with like-minded, similarly committed people.

successful communes would be the aforementioned example, offering a successful alternative lifestyle and philosophy in the face of the capitalist, isolated norm. success begets more success, and i have no doubt these communes could grow and reproduce by integrating those failed by the existing system. these organizations then work and trade with other organizations of a similar nature, improving their conditions and wealth all around. that's the start of real dual power, moreso than any once a week food distro or charity work or whatever, as conditions worsen and the state continues to recede and people need new local powers to turn to.

these types of projects can exist alongside more "big picture" movements such as labor unions and more direct political work (which is to say, lobbying/electoralism/ballot initiatives/etc) and indeed i'd expect a great deal of cross-pollination among their respective memberships

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

evilpicard posted:

It's been a while since I've read Mr. K but I remember his main problem with libs being how pathetic and ineffectual they are

I tried reading it because I've heard it was very smart, and to be fair to him I didn't get to the primitivism parts so maybe that stuff is better, but the opening is Ben Shapiro level illogical drivel that made me too bored to continue.

His insight on feminism is that these feminists sure do spend a lot of time insisting they're intellectually equal to men, while if they truly were wouldn't it go without saying, thou doth protest too much ladies :smug:

He kinda just seems like a right-winger who is just a bit smarter than the rest, and therefore able to notice the obvious contradictions in their ideology like being relentlessly pro-business and pro-industrial capitalism and individualism while bemoaning the breakdown of traditional social relationships like religion and 19th century motherhood.

VitalSigns has issued a correction as of 20:39 on Jan 9, 2022

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

pissinthewind posted:

im in the category of people who think that if there is a revolution it will be of the genocidal nazi more fascism now kind rather than anything good which scares me a lot. the whole idea of building in the ashes falls apart when the nazis come with tacit approval from the state and try to beat you to death/shoot you/whatever before the things are reduced to ashes in the first place.
yeah, this is pretty much where i fall as well. still haven't properly reckoned with what that means in practice, since i'm not in a position to do anything more than get by day to day right now, but that's a project for future me i guess.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/Gaye_Tone/status/1480276472640143361

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

pnac attack posted:

an institution can't know what "nice" is and their misguided/disingenuous attempts do to something along those lines are what's packed 8bil of us into the hosed up rage in the cage situation that gets those kind of hosed up adaptations from people
but people know what “nice” is, right? institutions are made up entirely of people!

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Institutions are also made up of politics, processes, policies and machines etc

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Lol the Warhammer Chaos symbol, literally an ideology of teenagers

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

KomradeX posted:

Lol the Warhammer Chaos symbol, literally an ideology of teenagers

it makes sense if you imagine the state as your dad and bedtimes as oppression

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

rly wish we didnt have 2 do this :( sry fr fr :( now up against the wall. this is the fault of institutions if u really think abt it

lmao i love this thread so much, anarchists are truly the dumbest people alive

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Anarchists think they are Slaaneshi cultists, yet they smell like Beastmen. curious :thunk:

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

not seeing the genocide? who's doing it?

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

pnac attack posted:

biden

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

pnac attack posted:

social darwinism ftw

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Warhammer is definitely what popularized the chaos star but it's from Michael Moorcock. Not that that makes it any better.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

pnac attack posted:

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anarchists: this your handywork?

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r5fsz8QHDg1w5pr9j.mp4

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

sorry, electrical codes are hierarchy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/justaflatbat/status/1482419117739188228?t=iAoNFuqpK4K3IAPJ_4AfgQ&s=19

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

it's the capitalist solution but turbocharged

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the capitalist solution but also there aren't any vaccines

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

compelling lockdowns is the ultimate tyranny

whoa my phone just rang. 150k a year and all I have to do is tweet and put out one op-ed a year?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

croup coughfield posted:

i think there's something to be said for small but successful enclaves trying to live their anti-capitalist politics even in the shadow of the metropole. it demonstrates a potential model for the future and offers a concrete example alternative mode of living. most of the people i encounter in the course of organizing or simply proselytizing agree that the system is rotten but stop short of agreeing that it's irredeemable and must be destroyed because there is no clear, existing alternative in their assessment. this is exacerbated by the fact that most "anti-capitalists" the average person will encounter who aren't middle-class college students are either trust fund hippie morons or property-owning, six-figure, white collar "knowledge workers" more interested in building their retirement fund to further integrate into the system they claim they hate. neither of these groups are contributing their labor or resources to actually build something.

small collective enterprise and property-ownership projects (what one could call a "commune") are at the heart of the communist and anarchist projects, the new economic monad forming the foundation of collectivist society. properly developed and administrated, each one is more prepared to weather disasters (natural, economic, etc.) than any individual or nuclear arrangement under the same external conditions. we do not have to wait for !!THE REVOLUTION!! to create these. you simply have to be committed to it, willing to share your labor and resources and space (even when its painful) with like-minded, similarly committed people.

successful communes would be the aforementioned example, offering a successful alternative lifestyle and philosophy in the face of the capitalist, isolated norm. success begets more success, and i have no doubt these communes could grow and reproduce by integrating those failed by the existing system. these organizations then work and trade with other organizations of a similar nature, improving their conditions and wealth all around. that's the start of real dual power, moreso than any once a week food distro or charity work or whatever, as conditions worsen and the state continues to recede and people need new local powers to turn to.

these types of projects can exist alongside more "big picture" movements such as labor unions and more direct political work (which is to say, lobbying/electoralism/ballot initiatives/etc) and indeed i'd expect a great deal of cross-pollination among their respective memberships

As I said before, anarchism is an ideology of the wainscot. Good at surviving under capitalisms, but only good at that.

The cockroach may survive anything you throw at it, but it will drown if the ship sinks.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 20:51 on Jan 16, 2022

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

StratGoatCom posted:

As I said before, anarchism is an ideology of the wainscot. Good at surviving under capitalisms, but only good at that.

The cockroach may survive anything you throw at it, but it will drown if the ship sinks.

youre right man we should just freak out at everything until we die instead of trying to do anything about it

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Which is why I am not an anarchist, as they don't have a track record of being able to do the needful.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

croup coughfield posted:

youre right man we should just freak out at everything until we die instead of trying to do anything about it

what does this have to do with the quote lol

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

Goast posted:

what does this have to do with the quote lol

you could ask the same of him but mostly he's a neurotic moron and i'd prefer if he not reply to me at all

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I got some free oranges from a stranger on Facebook and I made some marmalade to give to my friends.

I also ate all my meals for the day from food I found in the woods.

I help homeless people fix their bikes, because they got massively hosed by the bike industries greed during covid.

I did an anarchy.

If I understand croughfield correctly all they are saying is that this kinda stuff is the cool and good anarchy anyone can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

you can do all that poo poo under communism and not be a dumbass. hth.