Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

What's iosm about this? Have I missed something about the sea people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

This is terrorism.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Myers-Briggs people are way worse because a lot of intellectual dark web types have gotten into it and all give themselves the strong silent type personality lmao

At least with astrology you can't just pick what you want

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

A lot of goons outing themselves as snuff enjoyers itt. smdh

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Kit Walker posted:

A lot of goons outing themselves as snuff enjoyers itt. smdh

I only got partway through before Nicolas Cage came by and roundly kicked my rear end.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Myers-Briggs people are way worse because a lot of intellectual dark web types have gotten into it and all give themselves the strong silent type personality lmao

At least with astrology you can't just pick what you want

Sigma males

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I'm a ligma male.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
its bad because all you left brained people get so proud of the t which just means you will never truly understand the deeper workings of the universe

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

its bad because all you left brained people get so proud of the t which just means you will never truly understand the deeper workings of the universe

Da who da what now?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

DiabloStarCraft posted:

What's iosm about this? Have I missed something about the sea people?

I think it was supposed to go in the tweet thread, but all pyf threds are the same, so it's fine

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

I feel like this was devised specifically to put James Potter and Snape opposite each other

Tarragon
Sep 30, 2013

Splash Attack posted:

snuff felt a little heavy handed with its message, especially with how goblins had been treated until this book

What do you mean? I don't remember there even being any goblins in the books until Snuff.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Tarragon posted:

What do you mean? I don't remember there even being any goblins in the books until Snuff.

There's some blink and you'll miss it references in early stuff, and a bit more in Unseen Academicals, but otherwise they're not really a thing til Snuff, yeah.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Mushika posted:

Da who da what now?

Baw-whit-da-baw-da-bang-de-bang-diggy-diggy

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/scalzi/status/1479833917976944641

(Scalzi not the idiot, of course.)

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Harry Potter fans: No.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Why is Ginny wearing steampunk goggles

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's some blink and you'll miss it references in early stuff, and a bit more in Unseen Academicals, but otherwise they're not really a thing til Snuff, yeah.

And the one goblin character we meet before Snuff has never met another goblin and is also a massive nerd who is described as "incontinentally erudite," which is just a magical turn of phrase.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Scratch Monkey posted:

They flying goggles, she’s basically a wizard track star, but with flying on brooms.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Scratch Monkey posted:

she plays a sport where you gotta fly around on a broom real fast

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Magic locomotion: done
Magic eye protection: whu-huuuh?!?!?!?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
also they don't seem to wear mouth guards, I wonder if they do spells to stop themselves from swallowing bugs mid-flight

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

also they don't seem to wear mouth guards, I wonder if they do spells to stop themselves from swallowing bugs mid-flight

They run on bugs.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

3D Megadoodoo posted:

They run on bugs.

yeah you're right. they probably enjoy it, the free-pooping fucks

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

nine-gear crow posted:

There's currently a bit of a modding war row going on on Nexus mods over Skyrim where the thesis statement of the whole thing is basically "People upload a bunch of mods that add gay content to Skyrim and everyone's cool with it, but when I upload a mod that explicitly removes what little gay content there is from the game, suddenly everyone loses their minds. HYPOCRISY MUCH? HMMM? :lofty: Checkmate gays... who I hate."

So now people are uploading mods that add even more gay stuff to Skyrim and remove all the straight stuff and it's utter sexual anarchy, to quote a certain tiny-faced chud who also hates gay people.

Chuds are like "One thing/group wants to make all types of minorities feel more welcome and ensure they have rights, while the other thing/group wants to make all types of minorities feel unwelcome/invisible and take all their rights away.

....WHY ARE YOU LIBS NOT TREATING THESE THINGS THE SAME?!"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/CoinersTakingLs/status/1480075187563364355

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Biplane posted:

I'm a ligma male.

What is male?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's when someone sends you a piece of writing on paper

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

No, thats Mail. Its a landlocked country in africa, located north of Burkina Faso.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I agree that Snuff and Raising Steam were painful to read and I don't think I'm likely to revisit those, but The Shepherd's Crown is a lot more edited and coherent than those two. It's a really good send-off to the series, and I recommend it. In my mind it's more of a send-off by Rhianna Pratchett to her father than his last work, and it works perfectly as that.

One major plotline is also a final gently caress you to JK Rowling and the TERFs, as a nobleman's son abandons his titles and apprentices under Tiffany to become the Discworld's first male witch.

I have not read The Shepherds Crown because a. I did not know it existed and b. I have generally avoided any books that were written a few years after Terry became ill. He was such a tremendously good and powerful writer, it felt wrong to read his work after he became too ill to write to his own standard. I do not want to read paraphrases of his work that are only glimmerings of what he wanted to write.
However, his choice to make Tiffany his last voice is very powerful, and god, I love and miss Terry all the time. He was so angry, so right, so loving and so pissed off with the state of the world.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

SiKboy posted:

No, thats Mail. Its a landlocked country in africa, located north of Burkina Faso.

No that’s Mali. It’s when a whole bunch of people are fighting in a chaotic manner.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Nebrilos posted:

What is male?

Male dis dick

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
From the schadenfreude thread. Conservatives are feminizing themselves rather than getting the vaccine.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

No that’s Mali. It’s when a whole bunch of people are fighting in a chaotic manner.

That's a melee. You're thinking of a piece of armour made from hundreds of tiny interlocking rings.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Isn't that Spanish for "honey"?

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Philippe posted:

That's a melee. You're thinking of a piece of armour made from hundreds of tiny interlocking rings.

That's chain mail, they were talking about text the blind can read.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Rat Patrol posted:

That's chain mail, they were talking about text the blind can read.

That's text-to-speech. They were asking about the latin root for "evil."

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

That's text-to-speech. They were asking about the latin root for "evil."

That's mal-. I'm pretty sure now that they were curious about the Mexican sauce made of roasted chiles and such.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm no expert, but I think mal-e is a harmful application you can download from the internet by opeining an email attachment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Skwirl posted:

From the schadenfreude thread. Conservatives are feminizing themselves rather than getting the vaccine.

On the one hand, this is loving hilarious. On the other hand, it kinda hurts my heart that cis chuds are getting access to hormones when some trans folks can't. :(

Still, lol. I hope wearing cat ears is also suggested.