Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

TheBacon posted:

:confused:

He’s talking about Lewis being the first 8 time???

The Reverend likes bikes, so I'm guessing that's what he was referring to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

italian quid posted:

if you can't read and understand Theo's post please identify if you are American or British so I can determine if your mental deficiency is down to lack of education and inbreeding or from malnutrition affecting brain development

You have turned into quite the dick, haven't you?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

:qq:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

TheBacon posted:

He’s talking about Lewis being the first 8 time???
I would have hoped that this was most blessedly obvious. #f1xed #istandwithlewis #SLHPBUH

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Speaking of Are #blessed Sir Lewis, reigning and 8-time WDC, it has now been a month since he last posted to Instagram. What's going on? :ohdear:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

He's in the Dragonball Z time chamber training to become even more #blessed

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

marshalljim posted:

Speaking of Are #blessed Sir Lewis, reigning and 8-time WDC, it has now been a month since he last posted to Instagram. What's going on? :ohdear:

He's probs pissed about how he lost, and getting ready to absolutely dominate 22.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Go cry about it to Farage if you can manage the strength from your diet of expired jaffa cakes and powdered pig hooves.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Yeah I loved all the speculation about Lewis being so sad he was gonna quit. Like nah, he's gonna come back and they'll be able to run the car without fuel by powering it with his rage and hatred.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

italian quid posted:

if you can't read and understand Theo's post please identify if you are American or British so I can determine if your mental deficiency is down to lack of education and inbreeding or from malnutrition affecting brain development

Which one is which?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

italian quid posted:

Go cry about it to Farage if you can manage the strength from your diet of expired jaffa cakes and powdered pig hooves.

knock this poo poo off, both of you.

[edit]

it's also the winter for all the media, let's go remember some F1-thread quality teams from the 1990s that sucked rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1zXscsAIsQ

harperdc fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jan 11, 2022

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

It's incredible that Joe's Award continues to make a career out of being an F1 journalist despite the fact that he is always wrong without fail.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

a pipe smoking dog posted:

It's incredible that Joe's Award continues to make a career out of being an F1 journalist despite the fact that he is always wrong without fail.

His journalistic method appears to be 'say a bunch of poo poo and see what sticks'

https://twitter.com/joesaward/status/1480628922773647367

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Theophany posted:

His journalistic method appears to be 'say a bunch of poo poo and see what sticks'

Checks out. Journalism not about correct or interesting content. Just a bunch of people trying to claim they got the first post.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Dude has always paid for his own F1 paddock club entry and journalist pass stuff out of family money, he did once blag his way onto an auto newspaper and convinced Bernie he could organise a magazine in the 90s which failed, and at that point Bernie cut him off from any of his own grifts and seward got all bitter and “don’t you know who I am”

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

marshalljim posted:

Maybe he isn't meta enough for insta. More seriously, a break from social media every now and again probably isn't a bad thing for peoples mental health.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Andoman posted:

Maybe he isn't meta enough for insta. More seriously, a break from social media every now and again probably isn't a bad thing for peoples mental health.

The only healthy way to consume social media is to clear your feed of everything but the blessed posts of @scuderiaferrari :italy:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Theophany posted:

It literally is, in his old days he used to post anything he thought of to his website and then delete anything that he turned out not to have guessed right.

Before archive.org that gave him a list he'd point to and say "See I get the scoops!"

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Having watched 2016 and now going through 2017.

Is there a good reason why they moved away from drive-through and time penalties to be served when pitting, and for that matter grid penalties to be served at next races for poo poo-head behavior?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

refleks posted:

Is there a good reason why they moved away from drive-through and time penalties to be served when pitting, and for that matter grid penalties to be served at next races for poo poo-head behavior?

Charlie Whiting died

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Charlie Whiting died

Good thing his replacement just disregarded that.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

refleks posted:

They still do - but so many drat races are one-stop affairs that those time penalties just add on to the total time instead of becoming stop-and-holds in the pit lane. same with grid penalties for bad behavior, it's just we haven't has as much in the past couple years, and that's partially because...

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Charlie Whiting died

...right at the start of 2019.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Jesus Alonso really screwed the pooch changing to McLaren. That 2017 car is a piece of poo poo...

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Screwed the pooch in 2007 too, that 2008 McLaren was a championship winning car

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

refleks posted:

Jesus Alonso really screwed the pooch changing to McLaren. That 2017 car is a piece of poo poo...

Alonso's career is a talented guy making a series of escalating lovely decisions. Kinda like Teddyboy Greg if you exorcised the Hitler cancer in his brain.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Baku 2017 is good.

Saubers ramming each other, Pink Mercedes ramming each other, both Renaults out. Verstappen out within 3 laps or something. Magnussen making it up to P3 at one point.

Lewis "brake checking" Vettel under a SC, and Vettel then rams Lewis sideways.

Then Lewis' headrest is flying out and he has to pit while Vettel gets 10 sec stop/go.

Kimi not getting his gloves during red flag restart.

Vettel playing dumb and not understanding why he is getting a penalty asking his engineer when he was driving dangerously.

Bottas with massive comeback from the back into stealing P2 from Stroll...

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Lmao, die mad Lewis

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/59951382

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Theophany posted:

Alonso's career is a talented guy making a series of escalating lovely decisions. Kinda like Teddyboy Greg if you exorcised the Hitler cancer in his brain.

He likes a challenge, he'd get bored winning every race in a good car

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
There was one point in there that I didn’t realise because no one reported it - they left the lapped cars in between max and Carlos.

That’s certainly A new level of incompetence, who the hell was massy to decide that the third place driver didn’t get a shot at overtaking the second and first place drivers on the restart?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

learnincurve posted:

There was one point in there that I didn’t realise because no one reported it - they left the lapped cars in between max and Carlos.

That’s certainly A new level of incompetence, who the hell was massy to decide that the third place driver didn’t get a shot at overtaking the second and first place drivers on the restart?

there was noise made about it on the internet for a few days following the race. mostly calmed down after it was the reason given for the commission

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

learnincurve posted:

I mean, when they “only” let the lapped cars go between Lewis and Max, that’s kind of inherent there. It’s why that final decision was so egregious - not just going against precedent, but also purely to setup 1 vs 2.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Lewis will do a Reutemann - he’s so shaken he’ll never again end in points and will quit midway through 2023.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

harperdc posted:

I mean, when they “only” let the lapped cars go between Lewis and Max, that’s kind of inherent there. It’s why that final decision was so egregious - not just going against precedent, but also purely to setup 1 vs 2.

I just assumed that when they let five cars go through it was to clear all the podium places - was watching sky and they were too buys being outraged about lewis to care about the rest of the poor sods fighting for points

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

refleks posted:

Lewis "brake checking" Vettel under a SC, and Vettel then rams Lewis sideways.

Then Lewis' headrest is flying out and he has to pit while Vettel gets 10 sec stop/go.

Vettel did nothing wrong. That's why the race gods smited Lewis and knocked his head rest off. Ball don't lie. Don't @ me.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

acidx posted:

Vettel did nothing wrong. That's why the race gods smited Lewis and knocked his head rest off. Ball don't lie. Don't @ me.

@ing you so hard you have to hit mute

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/ATRacingLine/status/1481052935576506370?t=XXXSf4cFaD1ZMt_-s51A4w&s=19

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

learnincurve posted:

who the hell was massy to decide that the third place driver didn’t get a shot at overtaking the second and first place drivers on the restart?
In Masi's defense, the regulations do say that it is within the purview of the race director to hand the championship to Max Verstappen if he feels like it

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Mokotow posted:

Lewis will do a Reutemann - he’s so shaken he’ll never again end in points and will quit midway through 2023.

Stop, I can only get so erect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Lewis is going to retire and become the new FIA Race Director.