Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

https://bleedingcool.com/games/gamigo-group-announces-new-fantasy-mmorpg-fractured-online/

in semi related news, the head of broadsword quit with no notice to go pilot a 3 realm MMORPG - but this one has NFTs.

lmao live is dead.

(i got my heretic 50 and almost fully geared out today. it's huge fun. cant wait to rvr)

What did you end up doing for blood tokens? I four boxed up to 50 in Hib (sucker for the vamp) but there's no... in-between token content. It's either solo/duo for the quests or eight-man white knuckling mobs that hit for 800 and spam ae silence/etc. Dragon got buffed to 5k tokens a kill today which should help and already did medusa/relic for ML and ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Good lord that's intense (just wondering, whats your lineup btw)

i'm playing a full rejuv tic for right now, which is the easiest slow soloing in the world. Hit one button, watch them die, maybe a couple melee whacks when they get to you. Thinking about setting up an ice wizard on a 2nd account as i want an RVR wizzie anyways, i think, and full shield tic guarding and pulling for an ice wiz should be fast tokens.

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007
It's really not too bad, I didn't play 3 and 4, they were just classes I wanted that I stuck to the healer. Main play for leveling was an animist that was pbae/taunt turret spec and the off-window was buff druid drop-specced by two levels into heals. It only gets dicey if you tab around and the windows get mixed up (they don't let you use key broadcast or isboxer even for the hot keyed windows, so you gotta depend on windows keeping your last active at back and forth). The way they laid out Celestius actually made it really easy, no zoning with the "go south for harder stuff" so I didn't have to constantly restick and such unless we full wiped. Others were vamp and BM.

I was kinda blown away at how hard they made the blood token mobs. Even pulling the red/oj ones, they almost instakill pets and can despawn shrooms. I guess they buffed the 8 man purple mobs to pulse ae silence and all sorts of nasty nukes. Seems like best is just doing solo/duo quests and hitting multiple camps at a time.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol i ended up rolling verd/druid/mentalist last night and it's sooo fast and quite chill. Nice!

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
I cranked out about 25k tokens since launch by doing two dragon raids, a relic capture, and killing those high level things outside of the epic zone hub with a bomb group. I upped my ring all the way, bought three artifacts and a mythirian. Not sure what else I need now as a healer. Armor procs maybe?

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007

SERPUS posted:

I cranked out about 25k tokens since launch by doing two dragon raids, a relic capture, and killing those high level things outside of the epic zone hub with a bomb group. I upped my ring all the way, bought three artifacts and a mythirian. Not sure what else I need now as a healer. Armor procs maybe?

Is your champ weapon worth having? Once you cap the ring you can talk to the NPC next to him to get it, some classes are good with it but others aren't. There's also the 20k chest pieces that I don't know if you actually need or not, depending on class. Good ablatives are 1k per from the 50 proc merchant.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
absolutely get a full set of procs, uhh, then bank the rest. you can use them on an alt on the same account later

e: oh also buy the buffbot npc

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Is the buffbot npc single use?

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007
No, neither is the hastener summon. I believe you can even trade those two between chars, or at least chars on one account.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

I've got 35 Healer & Runemaster I'll finish at some point this weekend, 32 Eldritch & Bainshee on Hib that I'll probably take to 50 today. If anybody wants to finish leveling on Mid or start Alb 1's this week I'm down to dual box whatever.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
we're fuckin' it up, rvr is startin to coalesce, lots of big fights and relic raids. got my heretic up to 3L1 and bought all the gear i care about. now just purely time to kill

it's a very cool class. i heal for 620? but also can nuke for 1k? and i have 917 AF and 30% absorb? oh and im a banelord too and i can aoefuck every caster inside of 700 units? i like this server its a fun mishmash

(i have like nine fully geared out ml10 cl15 toa-filled characters on live and for some reason this is still more fun)

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Pretty much what I thought would happen, any idea of Phoenix coming back soon was canceled by Celestius' launch;

Phoenix posted:

Uthred — Today at 7:36 AM
Happy new year everyone. We hope you had a great start into 2022 and now that we are having 2022, we were discussing future plans regarding the server some days ago.

We decided to extend the sabbatical of Phoenix for at least another 6 months. We further decided to come to a final decision if the Phoenix will wake up once more during those 6 months. We will let you know at the end of the sabbatical.

If Celestius is still doing good numbers after 6 months I doubt it will come back at all, but who knows. But Celestius will at least be unchallenged for next 6 months to play.

Just hit 50 on Hib, going to start running in BGs to get blood tokens & gear. Going to finish lvl35 Healer & Runemaster during week too.

Made a Cabalist/Friar/Wizard to triple-box level on Alb.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Nice! I am close to finishing out my reaver and wiz right now. Just need like 20k tokens between the two for arties and procs. time to make things go boom

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Kind of frustrating that token rewards keep being reduced. I'm glad that I farmed the 30k to outfit my healer early on.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

SERPUS posted:

Kind of frustrating that token rewards keep being reduced. I'm glad that I farmed the 30k to outfit my healer early on.

I didn't see anything new with them lowering rewards, just that they raised the Keep RPs back to 2k or whatever. What'd they nerf?

Still haven't really found time to gear out Eldritch or Bainshee, hopefully can hit 50 on Mid this week and least gear Healer/RM.

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007
Mid/Alb gearing seems way easier, by virtue of people running Dragon on repop. I farmed up my tokens via the quests on hib but the other realms were done in a day of casually logging over for dragon kills at 5k a pop.

My biggest frustration is that the people running the server don't really understand DAOC melee.... somehow. Upping base damage by 15-20% doesn't fix the real issue, which is the style growth. 99% of the time you're better off spamming anytime styles on every class (except savage, for whatever reason), as reactionaries, positionals, and chains all average out to less than spamming anytime styles with growth of .9. The 50 CDW style on BM, for instance, is like .7 back style into 1.1 50 style... the anytime is .9 -> when moving in combat, hitting through bt/stun/etc, you'll always do better smashing the anytime. Spear side style chain, same. Vampire super styles in the 42+ piercing are .17 opener 2.x chain. Anytime again .9sh with the same caveats of constantly landing a two hit chain as before.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sintor posted:

Mid/Alb gearing seems way easier, by virtue of people running Dragon on repop. I farmed up my tokens via the quests on hib but the other realms were done in a day of casually logging over for dragon kills at 5k a pop.

My biggest frustration is that the people running the server don't really understand DAOC melee.... somehow. <growth rate chat>

lmao, yeah. Reavers have a 0.82 growth rear positional with a 153 DD, or a 1.15 growth anytime with a 45 DD. I could absolutely see just slumming it with that

Also they have set melee distance too far. Mobs hit you way farther out than you would expect, loving the last cast for any pve nuker, and VW's and other classes can constantly sidestyle you from basically wherever they want.

I'm having fun, but suspect that its gonna be another dark age of castalot for a while until they get their poo poo together.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
t+a month or two status: celestius is vibrant, i have many geared toons and will PL any of yall, and the rvr is very good. come kill poo poo

ive bombed 40 hibs with my reaver bombs

ive vaporized hibs one at a time with my heretic

ive slammed and levi'd many mids back to their bind point with my reaver

come play

will correct my previous post, the caster/tank balance is good

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 9, 2022

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Essentially RvR ready on Eldritch/Bainshee/Runemaster & Healer, might try to level Friar & Cabalist to 50 this weekend (currently lvl 31). Would be cool to get some small man groups going if few other peoples log on and finish leveling/gearing.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yep ive got like 7 50s ready to go on alb or something like that. highest is reaver but ill play anything a goon group needs

e: reav fri scout cab wiz nec tic

Snacks and Violence
Sep 18, 2004

...and he kept stabbing them, again and again. He's a halfling, he's supposed to be jolly...Why isn't he jolly? WHY ISN'T HE JOLLY?
I would love to get in with a guild or a group or whatever in this game. I've been bg surfing on all three realms along with some stealth war crap. I am so bad at it though.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Snacks and Violence posted:

I would love to get in with a guild or a group or whatever in this game. I've been bg surfing on all three realms along with some stealth war crap. I am so bad at it though.
It's definitely hard to get into & figure out what the best spec is for your class for whatever you might be doing, also playing against people who've played for forever. I have to ask Jony a ton of questions lol. I've been waiting until I'm as geared as you can possibly be before trying to 8 or small-man instead of just bg's, which I basically am on Healer & RM.

https://discord.gg/T5jJUXA9 is discord I setup for the few of us playing Phoenix before it shut down if you want to coordinate some small mans or create a group in the BG and wander off at times for fights.

Snacks and Violence
Sep 18, 2004

...and he kept stabbing them, again and again. He's a halfling, he's supposed to be jolly...Why isn't he jolly? WHY ISN'T HE JOLLY?

knox posted:

It's definitely hard to get into & figure out what the best spec is for your class for whatever you might be doing, also playing against people who've played for forever. I have to ask Jony a ton of questions lol. I've been waiting until I'm as geared as you can possibly be before trying to 8 or small-man instead of just bg's, which I basically am on Healer & RM.

https://discord.gg/T5jJUXA9 is discord I setup for the few of us playing Phoenix before it shut down if you want to coordinate some small mans or create a group in the BG and wander off at times for fights.

Thanks for the discord. I had my head wrapped around classic/phoenix stuff but the added master levels and artifacts have really thrown me for a loop. I did learn to AHK styles so that has helped at least.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I and my squad are set up on both alb and (now) hib, we play whichever realm is underpopulated that night and needs some sick rear end kills to even it out. Can get you in on either of those realms and show you the ropes.

e: bonus points to anybody who can guess what hib class im playing

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

I and my squad are set up on both alb and (now) hib, we play whichever realm is underpopulated that night and needs some sick rear end kills to even it out. Can get you in on either of those realms and show you the ropes.

e: bonus points to anybody who can guess what hib class im playing

do you need me to come duo ani with you or are you a vampiir/bainshee or something

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bomb posted:

do you need me to come duo ani with you or are you a vampiir/bainshee or something

hehe got it in one. lil keen bainshee

back to alb for next few days but we'll hang out

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Snacks and Violence posted:

Thanks for the discord. I had my head wrapped around classic/phoenix stuff but the added master levels and artifacts have really thrown me for a loop. I did learn to AHK styles so that has helped at least.

Yeah I'm in same boat as you; I was too young to play DAOC at launch, and I got into it around Catacombs expansion with friends from other games but didn't play very long. I had just gotten used to Phoenix and all the specifics of that server, Level Playing Field event was some of the most fun I've had in an MMO since getting into Warhammer Online private server Return of Reckoning few years ago. Then Celestius dropped with all this ToA poo poo I have no idea about plus ever-changing patches, still gotta get used to some things.

I would like to get some small-mans going for practice for 8 man groups. Need to finish my Cabalist/Friar on Alb, and I want to level a heavy or light tank + probably Druid/Warden/whatever on Hib, to go with my Bainshee & Eldritch.

Mid is my preferred realm, I'm scared to play the Pac Healer though with all the responsibilities lol. Runemaster seems like Eldritch with less damage.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

5v5 event starting Friday if anyone wants to get a 5man going.

Celestius posted:

The Celestius team would like to thank everyone who is playing the server.

Over the past few weeks the team has been thinking of events to give to the community to thank everyone for their dedication.

Friday 11th March 2022 at 12:00 CET/ 06:00 EST / 03:00 PST we will be opening a 5v5 PvP event in Aegir.
This will last for the weekend and close on Monday 14th March 2022

There will be dedicated solo, duo an group port locations, but you may run between them all.
You will be able to group with players from other realms.
We look forward to seeing you there and another big thank you from the Celestius team!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
some good fights on the karen last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga43_9_kUMU

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Atlas launching June 24 and they've added a quest to incentivize playing the beta until then -

https://www.atlasfreeshard.com/threads/final-beta-phase-launch-date.1202/

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
is it instant 50 pre-release? im not gonna level AND try to get 100k pre-wipe, this time around i am going to focus, play exactly one class, and get some fuckin RPs instead of indulging my chronic alt-itis

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

is it instant 50 pre-release? im not gonna level AND try to get 100k pre-wipe, this time around i am going to focus, play exactly one class, and get some fuckin RPs instead of indulging my chronic alt-itis

Yeah it's instant RR9 with full template and vendor items are free.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ok, i rolled up a vw and got the i50/rr9 and gear. Feels so slow compared to celestius (wtb some runspeed) but i took a keep and i'll survive. vw hits like a truck still so thats nice

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my squad has collectively decided "gently caress atlas". we don't want to grind for 2 weeks straight just to go get 50 and then fight in old frontiers, which we hate.

On the horizon: Eden (freeshard, basically the Celestius successor) and the live classic server sounds like it's coming together. We'll probably go eden, we have ptsd from playing live for a month this spring.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Looks like Atlas is fully embracing what that time period was. Alb pooping on everyone. OF + only minstrels having sos :lol:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

ded posted:

Looks like Atlas is fully embracing what that time period was. Alb pooping on everyone. OF + only minstrels having sos :lol:

all the freeshard fuckos who think it's cute and funny to troll atlas into doing OF and old RAs are going to be screaming when they're either hibs that get SOS'd on every fight, albs that get that super sick mezz group purged, or mids that get to deal with both of those, cause old mid RAs were garbage

e: i timed it, and i picked up hastener and permasprinted from druim ligen on my VW, and by the time i got to AMG i had 30 seconds of speed left. mobility is going to be traaaaash on atlas.

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jun 13, 2022

knox
Oct 28, 2004

In July the 6 month hiatus Phoenix announced will be up, and they'll either say they're launching fresh or I guess staying closed for the foreseeable future. Based on Celestius collapse/Atlas pop, I think it's pretty safe to assume Phoenix will re-launch sometime either July or August. It was the most successful and long running DAOC freeshard from what I could tell so I don't see why they wouldn't re-launch. They didn't back in January since Celestius had just started and had a big healthy population, no reason to try to split the pop at that point anyway.

I had a ton of fun on Phoenix so I'm hoping it comes back. My feelings based on monitoring the discord is it will.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
Uthgard ran for like 12 years? And then a few more with 2.0. Blue is a shithead, but he really wasn't worse than any other daoc emu "dev".

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
celestius discord just straight up renamed to Eden so im hopeful.

until then im in the anime catgirl final fantasy mmo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
kind of funny. this dude who is always spamming his knowledge and maps he made and stuff absolutely insisting that the conc brain buff works on non-cloth on the atlas discord.