Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Magic Survival is fun but man average run length is way too long for a mobile game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

AnonSpore posted:

Magic Survival is fun but man average run length is way too long for a mobile game

Be less good

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Git baad.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

this is fun, thanks for the rec! I keep getting owned by combining two max level skills into one that is worse, I should really read them better

Yeah this plus the long run lengths are my only problem with the game. A lot of the fusions are traps and it sucks to lose a solid run because you took a lovely fusion. It's such a big time investment just to experiment with something.

The game is good fun though

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I got to 38 minutes on my fourth run without fusing anything. I prioritise lvl 1 abilities over upgrades, and there are so many effects, I can barely see the character most of the time. I suspect I should try focusing on two or three abilities to get to that fusing mechanic.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Runs are very long. I like the game a lot but I was playing late in bed last night and nodded off and my phone fell and hit me in the face :mad:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
At one point about thirty-something minutes into I could just sit still and destroy anything that approached. Only had to stop since I was going on a grocery run.

But yeah, a lot of the numbers need to be brought up so that runs are over quicker.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

explosivo posted:

Runs are very long. I like the game a lot but I was playing late in bed last night and nodded off and my phone fell and hit me in the face :mad:

Android Gaming: "I nodded off and my phone fell and hit me in the face."

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008
Magic Survival crashes so loving much on my Pixel 6 Pro, haven't lost any progress but it's kinda annoying. Super addictive game though!

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

explosivo posted:

You probably can't sue them for this, but you can at least give them a 1 star review.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Dirty Needles posted:

Magic Survival crashes so loving much on my Pixel 6 Pro, haven't lost any progress but it's kinda annoying. Super addictive game though!

That sucks, I haven't had any problems and I am still using a Pixel 2 XL...

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice

Dirty Needles posted:

Same on mine, and it is fairly frequent, probably 50% of the time. Luckily it has only happened when I was less than 2 minutes into a run, but I don't want to take the chance of it happening longer into a run.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

But didn't Namco patent playing games during loading screens? Isn't that kind of a mechanic? Or is that patent vs copyright?

Expiration aside, this was also an extremely bad patent. gently caress any "well, sorta takes", it was just straight bad. It should have never been granted, there was significant prior art and it was WAY too broad in scope.

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008

Chaitai posted:

Same on mine, and it is fairly frequent, probably 50% of the time. Luckily it has only happened when I was less than 2 minutes into a run, but I don't want to take the chance of it happening longer into a run.

I had it happen 5 times in the space of a few minutes about 15 minutes into a run yesterday, it's getting more annoying now to be honest. I have emailed the developer to see if there's anything I can supply to them to help debug.

Edit: well gently caress, 15 minutes in on laboratory and I'm now just in a crash loop. Open game, load, crash, repeat.

Dirty Needles fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jan 13, 2022

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

TaintedBalance posted:

Expiration aside, this was also an extremely bad patent. gently caress any "well, sorta takes", it was just straight bad. It should have never been granted, there was significant prior art and it was WAY too broad in scope.

Yeah, I was playing C64 games in the 80s that had small games you played while the game proper loaded from tape. Invade-a-load even gets a specific mention on the wikipedia page for "fast loaders", and it was copyrighted a full decade before Namco's dumb patent.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
This is my best run so far

Levels slow real down once you get up to ~54 or so. Couldn't really move for the last 10 minutes, there was just too much around me and I'd run into stuff.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
So my google rewards says part of my balance is expiring on Jan 15th. But doesn't tell me how much? I thought it use to give you the amount? Any idea to see how much?

Also, what in the world should I purchase so I don't miss out on these funds

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

fyallm posted:

So my google rewards says part of my balance is expiring on Jan 15th. But doesn't tell me how much? I thought it use to give you the amount? Any idea to see how much?

Also, what in the world should I purchase so I don't miss out on these funds

Go to the rewards app, and I think it'll show your history, including expiration dates on specific amounts.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

It's not a game, but the Shonen Jump app is a whopping 2 bux a month for a LOT of content if that's at all your cup o' tea.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I went to the rewards app and under the balance it just says expiring o Jan 15 but doesnt give an amount, and when I go to history it just shows what surveys I did but doesnt say what is expiring

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

fyallm posted:

I went to the rewards app and under the balance it just says expiring o Jan 15 but doesnt give an amount, and when I go to history it just shows what surveys I did but doesnt say what is expiring

You have to go into the play store, settings, payment & subscriptions, then payment methods and it'll show you

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

You have to go into the play store, settings, payment & subscriptions, then payment methods and it'll show you

Perfect, there it is! .15cents :X haha

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

fyallm posted:

Ah my mistake. I could have sworn they used to show it there. Glad you found it anyway.

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008
I opted into the Magic Survival beta, this was a mistake. All of the abilities and items are now in Chinese. Arses.

On the plus side, chests now give you a choice of 3 items but you have to pay to open them with mp orbs.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dirty Needles posted:

I opted into the Magic Survival beta, this was a mistake. All of the abilities and items are now in Chinese. Arses.

On the plus side, chests now give you a choice of 3 items.

Oh poo poo they're working on a mobile version?

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

I played magic survival on android a few months ago and enjoyed. I remember wishing the upgrades were clearer but I had fun, maybe I should play again.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I got a chest upgrade that says I "get a superpower" or something but I cannot see where I have a superpower or notice anything that seems to be a superpower. Anyone know what this is/does?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Trastion posted:

I got a chest upgrade that says I "get a superpower" or something but I cannot see where I have a superpower or notice anything that seems to be a superpower. Anyone know what this is/does?

Does your chest have an S on it? If so, that also comes with an undisclosed weakness to kryptonite

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ah my mistake. I could have sworn they used to show it there. Glad you found it anyway.

They use to show it there tbh, they changed it for some reason

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
My new record

So close to an hour :argh:

Full on laser light show was pretty fun

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

quote:

Too many death magics have been abused for the decades of wizard war...
The spirit living in nature becomes a demon by remnants of the magics that pervaded it, and it devours all living creatures.

Wipe out infected spirits coming from everywhere with various magic
I don't know why I love this blurb

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

Trastion posted:

The superpower is a red projectile if I remember correctly. It doesn't seem worth it.

I love magic survival but, man, I paid for no ads and they have no google cloud sync or whatever so when I had to reset my phone it was gone. Devs don't respond to emails.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Spermanent Record posted:

The superpower is a red projectile if I remember correctly. It doesn't seem worth it.

I love magic survival but, man, I paid for no ads and they have no google cloud sync or whatever so when I had to reset my phone it was gone. Devs don't respond to emails.

It says on the loading screen that it doesn't sync and to use the google cloud save in options. I hit save after every long game

sucks about the no ads though, hopefully they get back to you at some point

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 15, 2022

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

My new record

So close to an hour :argh:

Full on laser light show was pretty fun

My best so far. Fusion magic owns.

- The class that has a chance to reset scorching ray.
- Ray sub Satellite = bidirectional green lasers.
- Blizzard sub Incinerate = flame field around you.
- Tsunami sub Frost Nova = freezing tsunamis from all directions.

Plus I had some skill that just randomly deletes half the enemies around. It was hard to tell how often it went off, but every now and then everything would go off at once and I'd have basically a clear field, like I had used Armageddon when I didn't have it.

The other fusion combo I like is satellite sub spirit, which splits the satellites into two rings of smaller, rapidly-spinning sets, which work pretty well when you layer on some + satellite items.

Satellite sub Armageddon is garbage though. It turns them into one ginormous orbiting sun that obliterates anything it touches, but it's not fast enough or large enough to be as defensive as what you had before it, and the loss of Armageddon is pretty bad.

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008
How on earth do you get the fusions?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Dirty Needles posted:

How on earth do you get the fusions?

It's an uncommon level up option. Only appears when you've maxed out two compatible powers

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
not every skill can fuse with every other skill, so even if you have 2 maxed out skills it might not show up if they don't work with each other. there are definitely some traps though, be careful when you read about the fusion to decide if it is worth it. The ray + satellite one is probably my favorite so far

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I did a test just now.

I started a game and played for about 8 minutes, generally getting one of each spell. Then I put the phone down, leaving the character standing still, glancing back occasionally to pick from the selection of new skills offered.

It was 38 minutes before I took any damage and about another 4 after that until I died.

It's practically an idle game at this point.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Tsietisin posted:

I did a test just now.

I started a game and played for about 8 minutes, generally getting one of each spell. Then I put the phone down, leaving the character standing still, glancing back occasionally to pick from the selection of new skills offered.

It was 38 minutes before I took any damage and about another 4 after that until I died.

It's practically an idle game at this point.

Is that on the first area? the later zones are a bit more difficult in the beginning, but yeah, with the right skills you can generally just sit still for the first 40 minutes. you miss out on gear and MP from the drops though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antisocial86
Dec 8, 2003
yes sirs
I've been playing Super Auto Pets for weeks and only just won my first game, then did another one a few runs later. Fly + Horse + Deer both times. I love this game.