Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AOCIA
Nov 29, 2021

by sebmojo

SirPablo posted:

Yes the weather has been unusually warm this week.

Dont worry, its not climate change. its just weather

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Hexigrammus posted:

Really, really impressed that a gun culture like Texas hasn't been able to eradicate wild boars. I'm assuming they can survive high summer temperatures and drought as well.

if you can't eat them then you just have a big rear end boar laying around decomposing, seems inconvenient

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Femur posted:

I had a coworker brag about hunting boars with bows and arrows before. But than i found out boars like just burrow in some hole and they just smoke the whole family out. They hun in nort texas they showed me.

Good.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Mom: “Honey, why aren’t you eating your boar dick?”
Kid: *sulks angrily, while pushing the boar dick around his plate with a fork*

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
A 20 mile stretch of I-5 closer today due to flooding. And I-90 has been closed for snow

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Stereotype posted:

invasive boar are actually a big problem in a lot of areas. they reproduce incredibly quickly

Especially when there's 30-50 wild ones

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

err posted:

A 20 mile stretch of I-5 closer today due to flooding. And I-90 has been closed for snow

12 and 2 also closed by snow!

As of yesterday afternoon it was impossible to leave the state by any of the major driving routes. Passes east blocked by snow, southern routes into Oregon closed due to flooding, Canada closed for COVID. Interesting situation. Might still obtain today, actually: https://wsdot.com/travel/real-time/map/

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Femur posted:

I had a coworker brag about hunting boars with bows and arrows before. But than i found out boars like just burrow in some hole and they just smoke the whole family out. They hun in nort texas they showed me.

loving idiot. Boar is hunted with spears!

stealie72 posted:

SA used to have a guy who was in charge of slaughtering dozens of boar that were destroying his brother's farm in either Texas or Louisiana. After a while, he started killing them with a spear through their heart/lungs because it wouldn't make them scatter as widely as shooting them did.

:haibrower:

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the virtue strength of manual labor

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Well there is a large cyclone just off of Australia apparently

https://twitter.com/tropicaltidbits/status/1480230879523794946?s=21

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

SirPablo posted:

Those houses were no angels.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

HonorableTB posted:

Venison is delicious especially when turned into a hearty stew that sticks to your ribs in wintertime

There was a good 2 years where every bougie meat and veg place had coffee-rubbed venison with blueberry sauce and celeriac root puree.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

That sounds pretty tasty.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
CWD. It's in the game.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Futanari Damacy posted:

CWD. It's in the game.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

FlamingLiberal posted:

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/BOM_NT/status/1480205979945865216

Looks like it's going to weaken over land to a cat 1 and then strengthen again to a cat 3

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
Cool satellite gifs if nothing else
https://twitter.com/Ben_Domensino/status/1480377215279763456
https://twitter.com/zoom_earth/status/1480320314672394242

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

More flooding in the Pacific Northwest, and now landslide warnings are showing up in my weather app. :shepicide: All the snow we got over the past few weeks is melting due to temps in the 40s and a lot of rain. That, in turn, will cause more hillsides that burned over the summer to collapse.

I miss normal weather.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bob Socko posted:

More flooding in the Pacific Northwest, and now landslide warnings are showing up in my weather app. :shepicide: All the snow we got over the past few weeks is melting due to temps in the 40s and a lot of rain. That, in turn, will cause more hillsides that burned over the summer to collapse.

I miss normal weather.

https://twitter.com/capitalweather/status/1480962978891853824?t=OxxHz11wFmXxE-4qSzsrgg&s=19

If it keeps on raining, levee's gonna break

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Washington Post posted:

By their estimates, nearly 1,200 pounds of water could pass through every one-meter cross section of the atmospheric river each second, a flow rate comparable to that of some of the world’s largest rivers.
Weird of them to mix imperial and metric, but whatever. Anyway, that's about 144 gallons of water per one-meter cross section per second, or about 545 liters.

My city released cool bleak drone footage of the last flood and we're under a flood watch again, so stay tuned. I personally am well above the parts of town that flood, but I do live near some big trees that could fall on my house. Guess we'll see what happens!

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
well there goes the snowpack in the Olympics lol

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

krispykremessuck posted:

well there goes the snowpack in the Olympics lol

Well, depending on the temperature, it could also mean a whole lot more up there...

Bob Socko posted:

Weird of them to mix imperial and metric, but whatever. Anyway, that's about 144 gallons of water per one-meter cross section per second, or about 545 liters.

Hah, that is bizarre, wonder if someone pointed that out to them. Stay safe.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Measuring the flow rate of water in pounds is by itself really weird too

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
It's a conversion from metric (nearly 1200lbs is going to be 500kg aka half a metric ton)

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

shirts and skins posted:

Well, depending on the temperature, it could also mean a whole lot more up there...

Snow level predicted above 6500’ has it raining on most of the summits in the Olympics. Constance, Deception, Anderson, and Olympus will probably be fine, but I’ll be surprised if most of the eastern flank isn’t back to bare or close to it once the clouds clear up

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
ARs, common in the PacNW, definitely mean warmer air and higher snow levels. Hope you all survive.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Southeast snow potential. Usual - power outages, difficult travels, people falling.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

SirPablo posted:

ARs, common in the PacNW, definitely mean warmer air and higher snow levels. Hope you all survive.

It's weird because it's consistently warmer than normal right now. I've lived in the Pacific Northwest my entire life, and our winters are typically warm and wet (30s to 40s with rain), or cold and dry (low 30s-high 20s with clear skies). That's not to say it's one or the other, it just oscillates between those two. It typically snows anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks per winter, but it melts quickly.

The past two mornings? I've hopped in my car at 6:30ish AM, and it's already 55. A few weeks ago, our lows were in the single digits with lots of snow.

it's probably nothing

Bob Socko has issued a correction as of 17:29 on Jan 12, 2022

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

SirPablo posted:

Southeast snow potential. Usual - power outages, difficult travels, people falling.

oh gently caress sake

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
gently caress. off.

https://twitter.com/blizzardof96/status/1481367773578149891

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
the jet stream is a noose lol

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Whoops the bubbles in the boiling atmospheric pot are getting bigger.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

gently caress, now the climate has come for me

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Thats ok I didnt want to go outside this month anyway

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

it's okay how cold can record lows even be in a place as balmy and pleasant as the great lakes?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

right around my birthday, nice!

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

it's okay how cold can record lows even be in a place as balmy and pleasant as the great lakes?
My weather knowledge is limited to one college course and what I read in here, so I'm happy to be told im a moron, but having spent 38/45ths of my life in the great lakes, this doesn't seem all that unusual?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Depends on your definition of unusual but it says right there it would be comparable (or the same as) Jan 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AOCIA
Nov 29, 2021

by sebmojo

god hates chicago apparently