Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

kdrudy posted:

Anyone else getting inundated with ads for "American Auto" on Youtube every few minutes?

I haven't seen that one. But if we're complaining about youtube ads, I have a visceral reaction of disgust to the ad for invisalign where the girl gets popcorn in her braces. It has been showing continuously for loving months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

kdrudy posted:

Anyone else getting inundated with ads for "American Auto" on Youtube every few minutes?

use adblock

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I am, of course, referring to

I saw this movie on theaters. it was bad.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

:siren:CONTENT:siren:

https://twitter.com/jennyenicholson/status/1481422834215768065?s=21

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

It's on a device, I don't have my own cable modem to override the DNS, and it previously wasn't that annoying.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

I tried to use letterboxd on the site and the app but logging a movie you've seen takes way too many clicks

Just to mark something as seen ot should be a single tile click from a grid of posters.

Terrible UI. 0/10.

when your cursor is over a poster there's an eye in the bottom left that you can click to mark as watched

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I was at my parents house watching Heat on Blu-ray with my dad and his smart TV slapped a “PUSH THIS BUTTON ON YOUR REMOTE TO WATCH VAL” banner on the bottom for a few seconds. Is this the loving future we signed up for?

Don’t connect your television to the internet, folks!

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Gutcruncher posted:

I was at my parents house watching Heat on Blu-ray with my dad and his smart TV slapped a “PUSH THIS BUTTON ON YOUR REMOTE TO WATCH VAL” banner on the bottom for a few seconds. Is this the loving future we signed up for?

Don’t connect your television to the internet, folks!

idk the all Val channel sounds pretty good to me OP.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
lol

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1481423509314232325

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I am, of course, referring to

the only proper way to watch this movie is the leaked workprint with placeholder effects

goddamn that workprint is hilarious, like when he gets hit by a semi and it suddenly cuts to an untextured scene of a dummy getting hit by a truck

or when he puts his hand up and then some scribbled text "claws come out" appears over it

it makes me want to watch the half complete version of every terrible special effects movie

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

kdrudy posted:

It's on a device, I don't have my own cable modem to override the DNS, and it previously wasn't that annoying.

in that case i usually back out and then go back in again to the video - a few times if needed - if it's at the start. after enough days doing this youtube chills the gently caress out with the ads

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

im trying to get up they knocking me down chewing me up spitting me out

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Why did they just make him hold claw props!?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Stink Billyums posted:

when your cursor is over a poster there's an eye in the bottom left that you can click to mark as watched

Phones don't have cursors you silly goose

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

kdrudy posted:

if you're on Android you should use YouTube Vanced, it's free and it blocks ads and has a lot of other nice features:
https://vancedapp.com/

if you're on iOS the Vanced people suggest YouTube++ but I've never tried it

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

SequelS

Can someone post that image of Moe going head first into his oven with "no funeral" sign on his back?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Why didn't anyone tell me that Disney+ just added the best comic book movie ever?

Disney has Tank Girl?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Gutcruncher posted:

Why did they just make him hold claw props!?

presumably because the position of his hands would make it obvious that he was holding something

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
the rock is older than jingle all the way arnold

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm watching the adventures of Pisso and Brumpus and it opens with crawling text exposition.

Something I haven't seen since Uwe Boll's Alone in the Dark.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Disney has Tank Girl?

:hmmyes:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

The exciting action scene in this week's Bobby Fat.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Tank Girl lost me when she went on a shopping montage in the post apocalypse

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Gripweed posted:

presumably because the position of his hands would make it obvious that he was holding something

Yeah especially for the 2 and a half minutes where his hands were below frame

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

rydiafan posted:

The exciting action scene in this week's Bobby Fat.

I have friends who do group watches of this show and I stop going to them because they seem to like it while I think it's utter garbage and I don't want to be a sourpuss about it. This is what RLM/this thread has turned me intoooooo!!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sunk Dunk posted:

letterboxd has their year in review thing finally. u guys mess with the box?

respect

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Did a double feature of Coen brothers movies I hadn't seen before tonight.

Inside Llewyn Davis: A bit dull. I don't care much for the mopey folk music.
A Serious Man: Feels like a much better version of Llewyn Davis. Examining the same random cycle of suffering but with comedy instead of bullshit songs.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

PostNouveau posted:

Did a double feature of Coen brothers movies I hadn't seen before tonight.

Inside Llewyn Davis: A bit dull. I don't care much for the mopey folk music.
A Serious Man: Feels like a much better version of Llewyn Davis. Examining the same random cycle of suffering but with comedy instead of bullshit songs.

I haven’t seen Llewyn Davis but I loved A Serious Man and it is one of my favs of theirs. Michael Stuhlbarg is so great as a guy who is just at the end of his rope and boy do you ever feel for him. And yet the movie leaves it open that he somehow brought it all on himself, because the big guy is pissed.

Also it has a fantastic trailer check it out if you haven’t seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDKHWRbK2_Q

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

im going the opposite direction from a coen bros film and im watching howling 2. i know it doesn’t need to be said but reb brown is such a fuckin terrible actor and christopher lee is a schlock god. well anyway this movie is punk/new wave as hell so far and it rules (im 20 minutes in)

edit
lol reb just did the infamous space mutiny scream

Hackers film 1995 fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jan 13, 2022

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I vaguely remember A Serious Man, it struck me as a spiritual movie because it's about life and enduring hardship and when one hardship is overcome another is on the way (hence the tornado at the end?). I hope I got the right movie here

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

so are the RLM guys on vacation? can't remember the last time it took two weeks for new material. maybe they absconded with bags of cash. can't blame them really

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

so are the RLM guys on vacation? can't remember the last time it took two weeks for new material. maybe they absconded with bags of cash. can't blame them really

nah if they want money they can just make rich evans laugh NFTs

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

They said on patreon they're taking a break to recharge their batteries or some sentiment like that. In my opinion let's face it the content has been running on empty for a while now, might as well try it

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Howling 2 has the best credits roll ever.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
I never really liked Back to the Future 3, because western and medieval settings never clicked for me, always preferred the grungy city settings of police academy and robocop and ninja turtles

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
When your schtick is reviewing movies and there are no new movies and your business partner insists on only watching unlabeled video tapes instead of old movies, the content is bound to dry up.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'm watching Eternals

So far it is boring and the acting is embarrassing

This is the worst Bollywood scene ever

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
The editing is abysmal

This should have been a TV series. At least then the scenes could have time to breathe

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

O Brother, Where Art Thou? is on youtube for free, so that was my evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
None of the gags land holy poo poo. Gilgamesh opens the door wearing an apron and I'm just like "okay... And? The joke is he cooks?"