Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

mycophobia posted:

is violet evergarden good

At least one episode is spectacular enough to warrant watching the series. The rest varies.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

It's like yotsuba&

marumaru
May 20, 2013

thats the one, thanks

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blank Construct posted:

where's the tcg show paced like kaiji

vanguard g has an ep where a guy gets baited into betting the controlling share of his family's company on a drafted game (and loses)

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Natural 20 posted:

At least one episode is spectacular enough to warrant watching the series. The rest varies.

Birthday letters?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Strange Quark posted:

vanguard g has an ep where a guy gets baited into betting the controlling share of his family's company on a drafted game (and loses)

Lol.

Oops

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

mycophobia posted:

is violet evergarden good

Do you want to cry? Then yes, it's good. Also very pretty.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Blank Construct posted:

where's the tcg show paced like kaiji
Do truly want a show like this

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Paracelsus posted:

Birthday letters?

The one and only.

Sumigahara Haseo
Nov 22, 2020
https://twitter.com/SumigaharaAun/status/1481427782592864259

Goontuber fanart

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Violen posted:

i sent an email to support but im not very hopeful

im paying for a digital shonen jump sub and this is my only affordable way to access the backlogs of any of their stuff where i live so its a huge bummer

guess i shouldve been hopeful

apparently their firewall marked my ip as a malicious bot for some reason lol

zero clue what component of my behavior or browser couldve raised that false positive, especially since i havent changed poo poo about my practices or software since i started using their site over a year ago

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
that was really opportune crowposting

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ron still tryna smash Becky I see.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sure, what's the worst that could happen?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It'll just be a gag comic like the Animal Crossing one.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
thx for violet evergarden opinions, i reckon i'll pass on it for now. that being said, what should i watch/start this sunday. heres my anime list if youdd like to look at what i like and dont like https://myanimelist.net/animelist/sa_mycophobia?status=7&order=4&tag= thank you

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

watch k-on

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
watch teekyuu

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Namtab posted:

watch k-on

its not time for a k-on rewatch just yet but it will happen this year as it does every year

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

mycophobia posted:

thx for violet evergarden opinions, i reckon i'll pass on it for now. that being said, what should i watch/start this sunday. heres my anime list if youdd like to look at what i like and dont like https://myanimelist.net/animelist/sa_mycophobia?status=7&order=4&tag= thank you

hyouka is the best kyoani show imo so try that if you haven't already, you seem to like their stuff

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

hyouka is the best kyoani show imo so try that if you haven't already, you seem to like their stuff

oh yeah i forgot about that show. i think i still have it downloaded so yeah ill probably do that thanks

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

mycophobia posted:

Looking at your list, I'm going to recommend showa genroku rakugo shinjuu.

E: hyouka is good too

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I got like halfway through Hyouka once and never finished it. That has nothing to do with the quality of the show I'm just very easily distracted.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

mycophobia posted:

From your PTW list, you should do Ping Pong, Pany & Stocking (Dubbed - trust me), and Daily Lives of High School Boys.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Arist posted:

I got like halfway through Hyouka once and never finished it. That has nothing to do with the quality of the show I'm just very easily distracted.

Finish Hyouka

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

just realized hyouka isn't mahouka

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
the realizer

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arist posted:

the school festival arc is too long

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the school festival arc owns, and has a zelda trading sequence

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

You're just jealous I realized it first. Bunch of people who don't know Hyouka isn't Mahouka ITT

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the realizer sounds like a boogiepop character

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
the realizer is the name of my new pseudo science light novel series

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Psycho-Pass: the realizer

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
The Realizer: the one who makes things real

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Julias posted:

Looking at your list, I'm going to recommend showa genroku rakugo shinjuu.

E: hyouka is good too

AlternateNu posted:

From your PTW list, you should do Ping Pong, Pany & Stocking (Dubbed - trust me), and Daily Lives of High School Boys.

i will take these into consideration as well. thanks

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

mycophobia posted:

watch excel saga

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Finished up haikyuu!!

Pretty good overall. It’s really sad the coaches VA died mid production. I never really got used to the new guy. Also really unfortunate timing on s4 wrt Covid. The production … suffered pretty bad.

Since the mangas done, hopefully it’ll get finished? Though considering the pacing in the anime is pretty glacial I’m not sure it’d even be done with nationals until s6.

I wonder if they’ll tackle the post nationals stuff at all? Maybe a movie or some OVAs though I’m not sure haikyuu is really relevant enough anymore for a movie. No idea how popular it is considering it’s been 6 years since s3

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Excel Saga is good

I think. It's been 20 years since my last watch, I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tabletops posted:

Finished up haikyuu!!

Pretty good overall. It’s really sad the coaches VA died mid production. I never really got used to the new guy. Also really unfortunate timing on s4 wrt Covid. The production … suffered pretty bad.

Since the mangas done, hopefully it’ll get finished? Though considering the pacing in the anime is pretty glacial I’m not sure it’d even be done with nationals until s6.

I wonder if they’ll tackle the post nationals stuff at all? Maybe a movie or some OVAs though I’m not sure haikyuu is really relevant enough anymore for a movie. No idea how popular it is considering it’s been 6 years since s3

The production issues were pre Covid (well somewhat). They just moved their A team in animation off for another project (presumably one of the Fate movies going on at the same time). So everything had to be scaled down in complexity to accommodate the less experienced animators