Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

TOOT BOOT posted:

Thanks for this!

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
last time I posted mp3 codes in plaintext in this thread i got probated for piracy lmao careful out there

yeah ok ok yeah
May 2, 2016

lots of people post codes--mods don't care and it's not piracy. i mean, there's loads of free and legal ways to share music :shrug:

edit: lol, you posted the :filez: emote and it looks like the mod hit probe without checking the link.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Thanks for posting. Next time be a little more careful.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

I recently moved and finally got my gear set up so I could play a record my partner gave me for Christmas (one of my faves that I never got around to buying for myself). I was really impressed with the packaging - the lighting in here isn't great, but everything pops really well in person. And no vinyl defects despite being a new pressing!

Bonus rough shot of my set up - still need to do some cable management but folks will be happy my speakers aren't on the same surface as my record player anymore!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

marjorie posted:

I recently moved and finally got my gear set up so I could play a record my partner gave me for Christmas (one of my faves that I never got around to buying for myself). I was really impressed with the packaging - the lighting in here isn't great, but everything pops really well in person. And no vinyl defects despite being a new pressing!

Bonus rough shot of my set up - still need to do some cable management but folks will be happy my speakers aren't on the same surface as my record player anymore!

What do you usually listen to when you ponder the orb?

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
Got a bunch of nerdy poo poo in the mail today. Can't wait to listen to it all.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

CPL593H posted:

What do you usually listen to when you ponder the orb?

Hahaha someone else I showed this picture to pointed that out as well. I guess OMD is pretty decent pondering music, but I also recently acquired Vincent Price's Witchcraft - Magic: An Adventure in Demonology so maybe I'll queue that up next.

(Also just because seeing that picture made me notice something - that isn't an offset fireplace insert; I just temporarily leaned my dog's crate up there to keep him out of the ashes the previous owner helpfully left until I can clean it out\get a proper screen.)

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

strap on revenge posted:

Has anyone here tried the "put your warped records in the oven for a couple minutes" to try and fix a warp in a record? It scares me but I have a UK 1st pressing of In the Court of the Crimson King that I don't just want to give up on (sounds good besides the fact that the first 8 minutes of each side are unplayable), and I'd like to get some anecdotal evidence before I decide if it's worth trying.

https://i.imgur.com/xIEpWTO.mp4

The warp is like a V shape that only occupies maybe 15 out of 360° of the record's surface, rather than a full disc warp. Or if anyone has any other ideas I'd like to hear those too :pray:

Look up vinyl archivist. He has a record flattening machine and you can mail it to him for flattening. He did a great job for me on a rare record.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Frozen Peach posted:

Slightly jealous of that Streets of Rage 4. I debate whether it's worth tracking down a copy. I think it's way longer and has more songs than the bonus CD? Which is what I picked up cheap and the music on there grew on me. I wasn't sure I'd like it at first with out the limitations of a Genesis sound chip.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Frozen Peach posted:

That Klaus Kinski video game had the best soundtrack.

marjorie posted:

Hahaha someone else I showed this picture to pointed that out as well. I guess OMD is pretty decent pondering music, but I also recently acquired Vincent Price's Witchcraft - Magic: An Adventure in Demonology so maybe I'll queue that up next.

(Also just because seeing that picture made me notice something - that isn't an offset fireplace insert; I just temporarily leaned my dog's crate up there to keep him out of the ashes the previous owner helpfully left until I can clean it out\get a proper screen.)

I got a copy of that from sporklift. It's a kooky one. Vincent Price did a whole bunch of those kind of records but they're tough to come by.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

Turbinosamente posted:

Slightly jealous of that Streets of Rage 4. I debate whether it's worth tracking down a copy. I think it's way longer and has more songs than the bonus CD? Which is what I picked up cheap and the music on there grew on me. I wasn't sure I'd like it at first with out the limitations of a Genesis sound chip.

I got it from https://themateriastore.com/collections/video-game-soundtracks/products/streets-of-rage-4-3xlp-vinyl

They have so many awesome albums. I'll probably place another order soon.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Dear friends;

gently caress you.

Warmest regards,
Jack

quote:

Happy new year, Vault friends!

Due to two years of consistent and sharp increases in product costs and shipping rates worldwide, beginning February 1st the Vault subscription price will increase $10 USD per quarter for all US and Canada subscriptions, and $15 USD per quarter for all International subscriptions. We appreciate your loyalty and we want to maintain the same quality of standards that we have always upheld despite the recent challenging environment.

Your recurring payment amount will increase unless you cancel your subscription before your Vault package #52 payment date. The price change will be reflected for the first time in your Vault package #52 payment which will automatically occur between the sign-up period of February 2022 - April 2022.

PLEASE NOTE: annual Vault subscriptions will increase by the same amount: $10 USD per quarter ($40 USD per year) for US and Canada subscriptions and $15 USD per quarter ($60 USD per year) for International subscriptions, maintaining the same $20 USD annual discount. If you are currently in the middle of an annual Vault subscription, your cost will not increase until your next renewal date.

If you have any questions, please reach out to us at vault@thirdmanrecords.com & we would be happy to help.

Many, many thanks!

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

pwn posted:

Dear friends;

gently caress you.

Warmest regards,
Jack

It was cool to visit the very small Third Man store in Nashville a few years ago. A subscription for vinyl releases seems kind of gross/weird.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

marjorie posted:

And no vinyl defects despite being a new pressing!

ok quick question here - does anyone think there were a lot of shoddy pressings coming out between say, 2009 and 2018? of all the new vinyl I have, it seems like anything made between those years has like a 50/50 chance of having some defect. everything I've gotten since then has been perfect or close to it though!

speaking of - I got the Garth boxset ($15 & free shipping, LMAO) - they actually sound pretty great don't they??

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

JAMOOOL posted:

ok quick question here - does anyone think there were a lot of shoddy pressings coming out between say, 2009 and 2018? of all the new vinyl I have, it seems like anything made between those years has like a 50/50 chance of having some defect. everything I've gotten since then has been perfect or close to it though!

I was disillusioned for a small while from buying anything new because of being burned on a few purchases and the added stress of looking up discogs/Head-Fi/Steve Hoffman reviews for something while at the store.

All of a sudden, this past year I get back into the swing of things and all my new records play like glass. Caught me off guard a little considering all the supply chain back-ups, so go figure.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Nightmare Cinema posted:

I was disillusioned for a small while from buying anything new because of being burned on a few purchases and the added stress of looking up discogs/Head-Fi/Steve Hoffman reviews for something while at the store.

All of a sudden, this past year I get back into the swing of things and all my new records play like glass. Caught me off guard a little considering all the supply chain back-ups, so go figure.

With no concrete way to back it up I'm gonna guess that Third Man Pressing going online in mid-2017 had a hand in it, UPI had been the main (only?) plant in the States for years and their work was (is?) hit-and-miss, but for all one can say about Jack White (see my prior post,) he doesn't gently caress around with his pressings. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he forced UPI to up their QC.

Again I must reiterate: i have absolutely no info about this, all feels-based is my post

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I subscribed to the Third Man vault for like a year there around the time Sleep released their newer material through Third Man. I cancelled it when it became clear that the vault was 80% a Jack White vanity project, and I don’t need any more of that.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Two of my records (Jethro Tull's Stormwatch and Commodores' Heroes) both start looping at the same spot each time I play 'em. Stormwatch has a bit of a scratch that could be causing it, but there's no scratch in Heroes.

Is there a way to fix this? Neither album is expensive to replace, so it's not a huge deal, but I was curious if something like this might be fixed with a deep cleaning.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

re third man

i once visited the pop-up shop they had here during sxsw since it was just down the street from the record store I was visiting

if memory serves, the only thing they had in there for sale was this huge box set covering the entire release history of an antique blues label

i get that you want to do wild projects, jack, but can I just buy one forty-minute album like a normal person. please let me buy one record album.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Read After Burning posted:

Two of my records (Jethro Tull's Stormwatch and Commodores' Heroes) both start looping at the same spot each time I play 'em. Stormwatch has a bit of a scratch that could be causing it, but there's no scratch in Heroes.

Is there a way to fix this? Neither album is expensive to replace, so it's not a huge deal, but I was curious if something like this might be fixed with a deep cleaning.

Try working it out with a wood toothpick.

Also check your antiskate.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

We used to put a penny on the top of the needle to fix that :ducks:

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

wa27 posted:

Also check your antiskate.
I've been having some skip/loop issues lately with my u-turn orbit, which does not have adjustable antiskate. I've got the counterweight set for the max recommended stylus weight, and its pretty level (bubble on a level is close but not perfectly centered in both directions). Is this just How Things Are and I need to have extra clean vinyl?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

pwn posted:

Dear friends;

gently caress you.

Warmest regards,
Jack

75 bucks is totally worth it! Especially if the quality of the last bunch of vault packages is any indication!

I saw him on his first solo tour. The tickets were like 35 or 40 bucks. He's coming back around. At that same venue in the same section those tickets now cost something absurd like 300 bucks. And at that show I was right up against the railing in front of the stage.

Blue Raider posted:

I subscribed to the Third Man vault for like a year there around the time Sleep released their newer material through Third Man. I cancelled it when it became clear that the vault was 80% a Jack White vanity project, and I don’t need any more of that.

The entire label and everything they do is his vanity project. That said the Vault was originally meant to focus on his various bands so it never really pretended to not be a Jack White thing. But at this point it's pretty clear they've reached the depths of their own vault and are just digging through other people's vaults. I finally tapped out when they price went up five bucks and I decided that I have enough White Stripes live albums. Don't get me wrong, they've released a lot of really cool poo poo through the Vault but at this point I doubt they have anything particularly interesting to get out there especially for 75 bucks.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 14, 2022

pwn
May 27, 2004

CPL593H posted:

75 bucks is totally worth it! Especially if the quality of the last bunch of vault packages is any indication!

I saw him on his first solo tour. The tickets were like 35 or 40 bucks. He's coming back around. At that same venue in the same section those tickets now cost something absurd like 300 bucks. And at that show I was right up against the railing in front of the stage.

I was pretty underwhelmed by Vault 50. I'm 95% sure the record audio is simply the same audio that's on the DVD with the set, which is someone's handicam recording. Maybe it's a soundboard but whatever it is, it's flat, and doesn't deserve to be on vinyl. It should have been one of those (still-overpriced but not $65) Nugz.net* live CDs they did a bunch of over the past couple years, not a Vault. The photo prints are nice but not worth the premium. And the alternate version B-side of the random Jack White solo single is miles better than the album cut on side A, which doesn't make me want to even listen to the album, so good job on that.

As I was playing the live LPs I knew I would never listen to it again.

*I bought one CD from them in 2020. It arrives after weeks of waiting and it's a plain black paper case with the art printed on a sticker that wraps around the case, which is designed to house two discs but this is a one-disc affair, and the CD is burnt. All of which I was fine, whatever, but for the label sticker being haphazardly applied, with a big crinkle all down the front side. I asked them if they could send a replacement case, not a whole package since I didn't need a new CD. They send a case with the sticker on a brown three-disc case, which clashes horribly with the black art and felt like an extremely passive aggressive "gently caress you" for having the balls to expect some basic QC on a $25 CD. Suffice to say, it is the only $25 they're getting from me, so... you really showed me? :shrug:

pwn
May 27, 2004

This feels like an apropos place to post this. And I am quoting the entire article.

The CD is Dead. Long Live the CD.

Wired.com posted:

You Should Listen to CDs
If vinyl is for hipsters and streaming is for everyone else, maybe the forgotten format is for you.
by GILAD EDELMAN

CDS ARE DEAD. In 2020, revenue from sales of compact discs in the US added up to $483 million, a 97 percent drop from the format’s peak in 2000. Only 31.6 million CD units were shipped in the US last year. By contrast, the Bee Gees alone have 16 million monthly listeners on Spotify. How dead are CDs? Deader than disco.

Cause of death: the unbelievable convenience of streaming platforms. For a modest monthly fee, Spotify offers instant access to what feels like every song ever recorded. Its recommendation algorithms, built on constant surveillance of users’ listening habits, consistently deliver top-notch suggestions. It’s amazing. Listening to good music could hardly be easier.

It is, in fact, too easy.

Streaming platforms just aren’t designed with the serious music fan in mind. Back when you had to buy a physical album to listen to it, you really listened to it—even the songs you didn’t like at first. Eventually, some of those tracks would become your favorites. (Other tracks simply sucked, of course.) You paid good money for that CD, after all. Skipping half the tracks felt like an admission of failure.

Not so with on-demand streaming. When you can listen to any song, at any time, at no additional cost, there’s no pressure to listen to something you don’t enjoy right away. This can lead to musical tastes that are both broader and shallower. Thanks to Spotify’s recommendation features, I’ve discovered a lot of music, particularly from Latin America, that I might not have come across without the nudge from an algorithm. This is great. Yet at the same time, I very rarely challenge myself to listen to music that I don’t immediately enjoy. Why would I, when I can so easily switch to something else.

Indeed, the immediate, frictionless availability of something else keeps me from spending as much time as I otherwise would even with music I really love. In the pre-streaming era, I’d buy an album and listen to it over and over. With Spotify, I often discover a new artist, get really excited about them, and three months later forget about their existence entirely. If it doesn’t occupy space on your wall, it may not occupy space in your mind.

There is an obvious antidote to this condition, one that perhaps has already occurred to you: the vinyl record. Many thousands of words have been written about vinyl’s comeback. There’s a natural symmetry to it. Where streaming turns songs into something ephemeral and interchangeable, a record is very much a thing. It’s big. You can hold it in your hands and admire the artwork on the sleeve. If the problem with Spotify is the lack of friction, well, vinyl records are about as frictiony as you can get. They literally require friction to function.

Another way of putting the above is that records are a colossal pain in the rear end. I had a turntable for the past decade. As I got ready to move across the country this summer, thinking hard about what was worth shipping or squeezing into my little car, I realized I hardly ever listened to my records. It’s just too much work. Records get dirty; you have to clean them. Ditto the stylus. Records are huge, and shockingly heavy; it’s hard to find room to store and display them. They’re expensive. Halfway through an album, you have to get up to turn it over. And then you have to get up again when the record ends, unless you want to wear down the needle. As WIRED senior editor—and self-flagellating owner of some 1,300 LPs—Michael Calore puts it, vinyl is “an unwieldy music playback format that sounds worse every single time you listen to it.”

The current vogue for vinyl is an overcorrection. You don’t have to listen to the absolute least convenient music format to escape the prison of hyperconvenience. After I sold my turntable, I decided to revisit the listening technology that came in between the spinning wax and the streaming bits: the compact disc. Unsure how long the experiment would last, I bought a CD boom box (you can still find them, though they’re somewhat scarce) and a couple dozen discs from a used music store.

This is not a nostalgia play. Vinyl has the nostalgia market cornered. But if you look past the visual aesthetics, you’ll admit that CDs accomplish the essential function of turntables, vis-a-vis streaming, without the hassle. That is, they allow you to build a library.

Since beginning my experiment, I find myself listening to full albums over and over and coming to appreciate tracks that I would skip if I were listening on my phone. Some of the albums I bought from the discount bin didn’t do much for me at first. I might not have given them a second listen on Spotify. But since they’re in my apartment, in a stack next to the boombox, I listen anyway. Most turn out to contain at least a few gems. The Neville Brothers album Yellow Moon, for example, includes some cringey quasi-rap and ponderous ballads, but also some absolute bangers of late-’80s funky swampy soul. Such are the unexpected joys this experiment has brought to my life.

(CDs also sound better than all but the most mint-condition records. Anyone who insists otherwise is probably rich enough to spend $45K on monoblock amplifiers and diamond-tipped styluses—or is just full of it.)

Note that I’m not predicting that CDs are poised for a comeback. To the contrary, the final pillar of my argument depends on that not being the case. Perhaps the best thing about CDs is that they have gotten ridiculously affordable. Thank you, supply and demand. At the used music stores where I live, almost all the CDs are $5 or less. Even new CDs are far cheaper than they were two decades ago. You could pay $35 to own the new Adele album on vinyl—or $9.97 to have it on CD, with money left over to buy two or three more albums.

So let the masses stay hooked on streaming while the hipsters spin their overpriced records. The CD is dead; long live the CD.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I still buy CDs, especially for things otherwise difficult to find. I spent several weeks trying to find a place that would send me a copy of a new Kokushoku Elegy greatest hits album since their previous one is obnoxiously expensive. I will generally rip the disc at high quality and then keep it on the shelf though.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
It came, it finally came!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I've been thinking of getting rid of all my vinyl for the past couple months and this is the release that's going to finally tip me over

https://shiptoshoremedia.com/collections/featured/products/plastic-love

I have not been able to get a single album I liked that came out last year on vinyl. Three of the five reprinted or new albums I got in 2020 had hosed up pressings that and had no reprints so you can't get them replaced. Everything old I like is normie enough that I can just get it on Spotify. I think I'm just done with this hobby entirely and going to find new ways to engage with music I like and spend my money on something else

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jan 14, 2022

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
42usd for 2 tracks holy poo poo

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Numero group reissued Karate’s records. That’s been a long time coming

Just the first 3 so far.

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jan 14, 2022

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

screaden posted:

42usd for 2 tracks holy poo poo

Usually anything remotely Japanese/city pop carries a premium there but goddamn. Also STS I love you guys but isn't 1 track per side a single and not an EP? Sometimes I still just straight up be a filthy pirate and rip songs off of YouTube and Plastic Love was one of them owing to the pain of obtaining it physically.

And I definitely still buy CDs. It's much cheaper and easier to play the "this looks cool let's try it game" with them when browsing shops. At this point all the cost of vinyl has done is force me to preview everything and really consider if it's worth adding to the collection. I'm not on the back side of collecting records like I am with video games, I haven't been in it long enough: still enamoured with it.

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012

CaptainBeefart posted:

A subscription for vinyl releases seems kind of gross/weird.

Back when Singles Clubs for smaller labels were economically viable in the sub-$100 category for 6-12 singles from a label with a cohesive sound that you liked or that had a good reputation, they were rad. But putting now $300 on the chopping block for just four albums that you may or may not have any interest in whatsoever is, to me, madness. Sadly until a new lacquer plant opens to replace Apollo, 7" singles will be a diminished artifact on the landscape.

pwn posted:

With no concrete way to back it up I'm gonna guess that Third Man Pressing going online in mid-2017 had a hand in it, UPI had been the main (only?) plant in the States for years and their work was (is?) hit-and-miss, but for all one can say about Jack White (see my prior post,) he doesn't gently caress around with his pressings. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he forced UPI to up their QC.

Again I must reiterate: i have absolutely no info about this, all feels-based is my post

Even at the lowest point in vinyl production in the USA, there were probably eight or ten domestic plants of varying reputations. United has a relatively lovely reputation and they were turning out a lot of the bigger domestic presses. If you ever press at United, be prepared to buy extra stampers, because yours are gonna get broken. I personally wouldn't press anything at United to this day unless I had a giant label's lawyers backing me up to swing dong if something goes wrong. And a lot of stuff was being imported from GZ in that era, and they'll press whatever you send them without batting an eye or giving a heads up if it sounds bad. Lots of medium and smaller labels and off-label bands were getting great stuff from Archer, Musicol, Gotta Groove, and Rainbo in this era.

BigFactory posted:

Just the first 3 so far.

Two outta three pressed with love at my plant in Chicago.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

BigFactory posted:

Just the first 3 so far.

Hell yes I love Numero Group so much

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

If anyone missed one or both of the K.G. / L.W. albums by King Gizzard & Lizard Wizard, the represses are available today: https://gizzverse.com/

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

pwn posted:

I was pretty underwhelmed by Vault 50. I'm 95% sure the record audio is simply the same audio that's on the DVD with the set, which is someone's handicam recording. Maybe it's a soundboard but whatever it is, it's flat, and doesn't deserve to be on vinyl. It should have been one of those (still-overpriced but not $65) Nugz.net* live CDs they did a bunch of over the past couple years, not a Vault. The photo prints are nice but not worth the premium. And the alternate version B-side of the random Jack White solo single is miles better than the album cut on side A, which doesn't make me want to even listen to the album, so good job on that.

As I was playing the live LPs I knew I would never listen to it again.

*I bought one CD from them in 2020. It arrives after weeks of waiting and it's a plain black paper case with the art printed on a sticker that wraps around the case, which is designed to house two discs but this is a one-disc affair, and the CD is burnt. All of which I was fine, whatever, but for the label sticker being haphazardly applied, with a big crinkle all down the front side. I asked them if they could send a replacement case, not a whole package since I didn't need a new CD. They send a case with the sticker on a brown three-disc case, which clashes horribly with the black art and felt like an extremely passive aggressive "gently caress you" for having the balls to expect some basic QC on a $25 CD. Suffice to say, it is the only $25 they're getting from me, so... you really showed me? :shrug:

The Vault packages were originally supposed to be an LP/double LP, 7" record, and a t-shirt. They did the t-shirts a grand total of three times before they gave up on that and replaced it with a rotating cast of stupid trinkets. I have all that annoying crap laying around somewhere and I keep meaning to just sell because what the gently caress am I going to do with a bunch of paper crap?

pwn posted:

This feels like an apropos place to post this. And I am quoting the entire article.

The CD is Dead. Long Live the CD.

CDs will probably cost 30 bucks in the next year or two when they suddenly are "discovered again" and they become the next casualty of the speculators market and nostalgia wank.

yeah ok ok yeah
May 2, 2016

I try to stick to buying used vinyls so that I don''t burn myself out on disappointment and such. I wind up missing out on a lot of stuff I'd like to own on vinyl, but it saves my pocket book AND I am always thrilled when I find a good score. Just nabbed a used copy of Godspeed you! Black Emperor's "Yanqui UXO" album for $15. :toot:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I ripped all my CDs to FLAC a few years back, but still have them crammed into one of these sitting in my office because I can't find a better spot for them.

Probably a quarter of them have cut up jewel case artwork. When I took my collection to college in CaseLogic binders, my youngest bro raided the jewel cases I left behind and cut them all up for art projects.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I've been the canary in the coal mine for years and none of you would listen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Why do they even release CDs anymore? Is it just so cheap that it's still profitable? Is there some archaic RIAA rule where something can't be on the charts unless it's released as physical?

As far as garage sale purchases go, I'm definitely buying CDs the most these days. People just give them away. Then vinyl; cassettes are pretty rare these days.

wa27 fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 14, 2022