Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: dead gay comedy forums)

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

MLSM posted:

How good/important is Theories of Surplus Value compared to Das Kapital and the Grundrisse? Marx described it as the fourth volume of capital, but what more does it offer in addition to the other three volumes, if any?

It teaches you how to get laid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

MLSM posted:

How good/important is Theories of Surplus Value compared to Das Kapital and the Grundrisse? Marx described it as the fourth volume of capital, but what more does it offer in addition to the other three volumes, if any?

Because it gets DEEP into Adam Smith's rear end.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Dreddout posted:

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Dreddout posted:

Your mom already taught me that

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

So it mostly critiques the classical economists like smith, Ricardo, etc?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

MLSM posted:

So it mostly critiques the classical economists like smith, Ricardo, etc?

almost entirely, yeah

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

MLSM posted:

Your mom already taught me that

Goondolences

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

given that the hegelian project of thesis/antithesis/synthesis doesn't end until the universe expires, what would the faces of opposition be if we ever achieved communism? like, what would be the shaping force of history once it's no longer class struggle?

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
man vs the universe.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
or maybe a strict adherence to hegelian dialectics is dumb

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

yeah, it is. but that's not a strict adherence, that's a metaphysical necessity not to mention a human one. you think history's gonna stop just because the rich all get eaten?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

The Voice of Labor posted:

given that the hegelian project of thesis/antithesis/synthesis doesn't end until the universe expires, what would the faces of opposition be if we ever achieved communism? like, what would be the shaping force of history once it's no longer class struggle?

My tongue vs many beautiful women

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

desire

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

or maybe a strict adherence to hegelian dialectics is dumb

"strict adherence" :airquote:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Breaking the light speed barrier.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I don't think we can ever do anything but guess, but I always felt it would be the resolution of the tension between the understanding of yourself in society as a communist vs the nature of yourself as an individual with novel thoughts, desires, expectations, etc. Like a sort of semi spiritual contextualization of the self within the greater whole.
But in a classless society I can't even begin to imagine what that would look like in terms of "sides" or "conflict" or whatever. Wild to think about tho

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

If class struggle is the motor force of history, and we remove the motor, history stops. Wait is that good

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Karl Barks posted:

If class struggle is the motor force of history, and we remove the motor, history stops. Wait is that good

I like it.

I like to think of history being a point in time that's synonymous with living in Hell - a condition where people are constantly struggling for survival with nature and each other. A condition where we're fated to suffer thanks to causal forces that even predate the written record. If we're truly individual parts of a rhizomatic whole, then communism is the first step on the path to conquering history and realizing the self-aware rhizome.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

https://twitter.com/garfxist/status/1481482976550526976

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Humanity vs the aliens (we are going to gently caress them)

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Dreddout posted:

Humanity vs the aliens (we are going to gently caress them)

This is inevitable.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

:ussr:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the only thing wrong with this image is that reagan was no writer so his ghost written autobiography in the trash is kind of a red herring

animist
Aug 28, 2018
what's this threads general attitude toward rhizomes

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I like ginger and turmeric

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

animist posted:

what's this threads general attitude toward rhizomes
                                       /

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I like it.

I like to think of history being a point in time that's synonymous with living in Hell - a condition where people are constantly struggling for survival with nature and each other. A condition where we're fated to suffer thanks to causal forces that even predate the written record. If we're truly individual parts of a rhizomatic whole, then communism is the first step on the path to conquering history and realizing the self-aware rhizome.

very thought provoking, thank you.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/QuantumDom/status/1482730489609920518?t=cuYZjxZ7LdJ2fLYHFoqNHw&s=19

Lol this is more food than I generally eat in a month and I could almost certainly live on this in perpetuity

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/QuantumDom/status/1482730489609920518?t=cuYZjxZ7LdJ2fLYHFoqNHw&s=19

Lol this is more food than I generally eat in a month and I could almost certainly live on this in perpetuity

Was there food rationing in Poland in the 80ies?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/QuantumDom/status/1439492806901444612?cxt=HHwWiMC5wZjFjfonAAAA

lol

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

That was apparently the limit you could buy but also lol @ the amount of loving sugar

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

genericnick posted:

Was there food rationing in Poland in the 80ies?

not that i'm aware of. much of the reason for the polish unrest in the late 1970s and 1980s were because the state raised food prices. this is probably just some bare minimum you get without needing to spend money

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

oh look from wikipedia

quote:

Poland
Ration cards were used in People's Republic of Poland in two periods: April 1952—January 1953 and August 1976—July 1989.

If one were to buy more food than specified on the stamp, they had to pay 2.5 times the price.

so its the amount you could get without having to pay extra

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
So did they get that much in the picture for free or nearly so?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
more like Pooland

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

mycomancy posted:

So did they get that much in the picture for free or nearly so?

It sounds like some sort of staples package yeah. Awesome.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Make some caramels with that sugar, figure out some kind of cigarette and caramel scheme. Get wealthy/

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh look from wikipedia

so its the amount you could get without having to pay extra

The multiplier doesnt tell much if we dont know the original price, and how it compares with salaries of the time. But it seems like a good way to fight food shortage during famine at least. It wouldnt be lucrative to buy more than you eat and sell it in the black market, if the price gap between the rationed and extra amount is high enough

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

21st century smokers look at that pic and see utopia

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

gradenko_2000 posted:

thats about as much sugar as i use in an entire year, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

gradenko_2000 posted:

not a chicken tendie or pizza roll in sight

oh the horror