Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If you know computer science dudes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Just degrading my partner behind their back for social points you know just comp sci things we like to joke around everyone knows that.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Just degrading my partner and her intelligence as I sit in a remedial class for the modules I failed last year

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for calling my academic girlfriend a trophy wife as a joke?

quote:

If you know computer science dudes, you’ll know we like to joke around a lot.

quote:

I accept that Im an rear end in a top hat, not because of all your abuse but because of the kind of people agreeing with me.
i wonder if he means the computer science dudes that are agreeing with him?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

mediaphage posted:

My (22F) boyfriend (29M) is addicted to doritos and its straining our relationship

Bf's internal monologue as he munches on his bag:
I gotta have my reets.

Whorelord posted:

For real I can't have salted doritos in my house or I'll be likely to eat them all in one sitting. Actual cocaine would last longer.

I had to google this -- where are Lightly Salted Doritos sold?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AITA for hiding embarrassing notes in my house as a joke because I know my fiance's mom snoops?

quote:

I bought a house seven years ago and I met my fiance, Al, four years ago This year he moved in. We're talking about making it a home for both of us.

But as of now, he hasn't moved much stuff in, right now 95% of the stuff and furniture in the house is mine.

When his mom comes over, she's kind of a snoop. He was used to that, but when she comes to our house, it's so uncomfortable because she's just going through my poo poo.

When I am bothered, she's like "I was just helping with chores" etc. He says I should just let her because she has "a lot of nervous energy"

One thing she snooped on was actually embarrassing. In my home office, I had a little "affirmation" post it note on my monitor saying "I am smart, I am skilled, I am deserving of great things" It was a silly thing my therapist recommended to get me in a confident mindset before an interview.

Anyway, she made a comment to about my ego...

But as a joke, I decided to do it again. I had my best friend over and we got wine drunk and wrote a bunch of "affirmations" to hide.

Some were:

Medicine cabinet: My teeth will regrow! I am sharklike and powerful!

Kitchen drawers: I know when to spoon, but I also know when to fork! I am sexy and self assured!

Work desk: I will not just gently caress my way to the top of the company, I will gently caress my way to the top of the world!

Walk in closet: I am beautiful with clothes and without! Especially without! My boobs are legendary!

There were a bunch more, and my friend and I had a hilarious time writing them.

Next time my MIL came over she saw a few. And she didn't acknowledge them to me even though she definitely started acting a little weird about me.

I went to run some errands and when I was out, she confronted Al about the notes and was trying to tell him that I seemed unstable, egotistical, and moving in was a bad idea. She showed him the notes and he didn't really know what to make of it.

He asked me and I said that they were just some silly private notes to boost my self confidence and make myself laugh; how had she gotten them? Had she been going through my things?

He said she was just tidying, and saw them. And they were real weird.

I was like 'have you met me? You should know how weird I am. Anyway if you don't want your mom seeing my weird poo poo you've got to stop letting her go through my poo poo"

He asked if I left them on purpose to annoy her, and I admitted that was kinda the joke, but I also have other weird or private poo poo so what I said about her needing to stop snooping if she didn't want to find weird crap was still for real.

He said I was making stuff hard for him, his mom was really protective and adjusting to him moving in with a girlfriend for the first time, and I was agitating her on purpose and making her think I wouldn't be a good partner, when he wanted her to have the opposite impression of me!

AITA for the note prank?

This woman is too good for this world, and she should put those notes back up after throwing out the fiance.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

kimbo305 posted:

I suspect she means standard tortilla chips.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for hiding embarrassing notes in my house as a joke because I know my fiance's mom snoops?

This woman is too good for this world, and she should put those notes back up after throwing out the fiance.

quote:

He said I was making stuff hard for him, his mom was really protective and adjusting to him moving in with a girlfriend for the first time,

There is a very small age range where this is an acceptable thing to be worried about. Considering she bought a house and had lived there for 7 years, I think he is waaaaaay out of the age bracket. I'm picturing a guy in his mid-30's and his mom is still heavily involved in his life.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Arsenic Lupin posted:

quote:

I will not just gently caress my way to the top of the company, I will gently caress my way to the top of the world!

LMAO girl owns.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Arsenic Lupin posted:

r/relationships: I will not just gently caress my way to the top of the company, I will gently caress my way to the top of the world!

*MIL squints looking at note*

"Well, she's ambitious I'll give her that"

Uncle Enzo fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 14, 2022

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I said about her needing to stop snooping if she didn't want to find weird crap

I had a friend's wife that would come over to take care of my cat if I needed to be gone for a few days and when she would make jokes about snooping through my house I told her "Go ahead but be careful, you might actually find what you're looking for." She would change her tune real quick. Its like these people never think about what happens when they FIND the weird poo poo.

This woman owns and should get rid of her mama's boy partner. Then again it might be fun to keep on escalating what she's hiding the more MIL snoops. Let's see if MIL keeps on snooping after she hides a strap on dildo somewhere with a post-it note on it that says "For Pegging." Then watch and laugh as he tries to explain it to his mom.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Uncle Enzo posted:

r/relationships: I will not just gently caress my way to the top of the company, I will gently caress my way to the top of the world!

IKs do the needful

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

InsertPotPun posted:

i wonder if he means the computer science dudes that are agreeing with him?

I think that's what he means, yeah. He's seeing sexist pieces of poo poo agreeing with him and going "oh god what am I doing."

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

IKs do the needful

Won't fit you git.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Won't fit you git.

r/relationships: I will gently caress my way to the top of the world! works just fine :colbert:

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

UK has em

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

AceClown posted:

UK has em

In the UK this counts as "Xtreme spicy doritos".

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It's perfectly okay not to let a snooping bastard into your house.

The guy not being able to have proper boundaries with his mother is a bad sign for later. OP will end up posting on Just no MIL in a few months.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 14, 2022

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Neito posted:

In the UK this counts as "Xtreme spicy doritos".

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Arsenic Lupin posted:

She rules. I wanna date this legendary boobed woman

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

the holy poopacy posted:

r/relationships: I will gently caress my way to the top of the world! works just fine :colbert:

Uncross those arms.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Uncross those arms.

r/relationships: I will gently caress my way to the top of the world! works just fine :shrug:

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

limp_cheese posted:

Let's see if MIL keeps on snooping after she hides a strap on dildo somewhere with a post-it note on it that says "For Pegging." Then watch and laugh as he tries to explain it to his mom.

This is the way

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Hide a bear trap. Stand your ground. USA #1

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

And, of course, the kind of person who would snoop in your stuff would take being told to stay out of your stuff as a sign that they haven't even found the truly hosed up poo poo yet.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Variable 5 posted:

Which Pixar movie led her to believe that?

Soul

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Arsenic Lupin posted:

This lady owns. And it's less of a hassle than cleaning up after a snooping MIL triggers your glitter bomb trap.

AITA for throwing away my autistic best friends blanket because his gf told me to?

quote:

First of all my best friend is 24 high functioning autistic. Despite this he has a strong social group, is considered handsome by women and has a good paying full time job.

However he has a secret only me and his girlfriend knows. He keeps a security blanket in his room and talks and hugs with it. He says the blanket got him throughout traumatic moments in his childhood kinda like that character from the cartoon Peanuts.

Well I don't mind what he does but this blanket has been straining his relationship with his girlfriend of 1 year. She tells me he gives more love to the blanket when he's stressed out and she feels like he loves the blanket more than her. So she asks me to get rid of it and when he was at work I took the blanket away and threw it in the local dumpster.

When he came back we explained everything to him and he broke down in tears and locked himself in a room. It's been 2 days. He's girlfriend says hes not talking to anyone and he's still in his room and skipping work. I tried calling him only for him to ignore my calls.

Am I in the wrong in this? I feel like he should talk responsibility in this relationship considering he is an adult. Me and his gf agree he shouldn't be fixating on this object and move on from his childhood.

EDIT: I have finished my shift and have read the comments. Upon some reflection I realised how much of a problem I caused. My IRL friends all sided with me saying that his girlfriend deserves a better guy, saying it's just a blanket. This has led me to believe I was in the right.

For those saying I'm sleeping with my friends gf, I am not I have a partner of my own. I sided with her as I want to fix their relationship as I don't want my friend to become a bitter incel again like in highschool.

I am currently leaving work to drive to the dumpster I threw the blanket in. Luckily it doesn't get emptied until next week. I'll let you guys know if I found it.

Edit 2: I have found it. I am taking it to a professional cleaner first thing in the morning.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for calling my academic girlfriend a trophy wife as a joke?
If you know guys, you know inside jokes, and my trophy wife became a meme in the STEM underclasses, my friends even made me a mug that said “every developer needs a trophy wife”.

I am a dev and I would bounce someone so fast out of an interview if they had a mug like that. Not only that, but also my coworkers are very on point with any sort of sexism/dude bro mentality and bounce them as well. If he tries to go to any shop that's bigger than a smallish startup or not inherently toxic, he's gonna learn hard and fast that "haha jokes with the dudes" is gonna get you sidelined and shrink your network to "only other lovely bros".

Shirec fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 14, 2022

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Break up with the loser, marry the drinking buddy.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for throwing away my autistic best friends blanket because his gf told me to?

quote:

My IRL friends all sided with me... This has led me to believe I was in the right.
lmao sure buddy

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

DACK FAYDEN posted:

lmao sure buddy

at least it's a small solace to know that sometimes the op will actually take a YTA to heart and try to fix the mess they made.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

it's amazing how much just having a lovely family/friend group can make people have totally warped sense of right and wrong.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

teen witch posted:

I swear we know the same guy.

I feel bad because I outright hate most anise-salmiakki* type flavors and that’s present way more where I live, but it’s something that even a hint of it makes me retchy, so I get it. And spice must be harder to avoid, especially if you haven’t been exposed to it at a younger age. But it’s one thing to not like something (or not tolerate it well), it’s another to sabotage another’s enjoyment of it. Like I’m not going to TNT a candy section at ICA because I don’t like black licorice in a salmiakki hate crime.

*there is a beer here that’s half salt liquorice/half raspberry flavored and gently caress me it’s drat good (Dugges Fifty Fifty, anything from them is worth a shot). I think THAT might be the only thing I like.

I am weird as hell because I'm an American but I LOVE salmiakki. I was absolutely delighted when I visited Stockholm for the first time and discovered the salmiakki / raspberry combo - MAX had a milkshake with that flavor at the time. The Lakrits store is just amazing, too.

My friends in Stockholm think I'm odd for liking salmiakki too, for what it's worth.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Jealous of a blanket. This is even worse than the "If my girlfriend loves her cat, who else could she be loving behind my back?" guy.

Norry
Mar 1, 2005

You gonna get raped...tenderly.

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for telling my brothers pregnant wife she can give birth in an ally for all I care

quote:

Edit so my brother and his wife have been kicked out as of one hour ago. My sister in law told me this morning she’d make the next 30 days hell on earth for us and blasted music when the baby was sleeping, put on horror movies on the family tv while my kids were in the Room, messed up both the bathrooms even left the tubs full than made a ton of food without eating much of it or cleaning up. They were extremely rude and went out of their way to insult my wife and children thinking I had to legally let them stay the 30 days when I don’t! so you can imagine their faces when I started throwing their stuff into the front garden they threatened to call the police when that didn’t work and they knew I wasn’t backing down

The tears and begging started my brother even had the nerve to demand money for 3 months rent and a deposit for their own apartment, I told them gently caress off and my wife told them to go over to my sisters house she will help them. They ended begging for hotel/food money but I told them kick rocks and if they weren’t off my property in 20 minutes I was calling the police

I don’t know were they’re now but judging by the amount of times my sister has rang me they’re probably at her house. I’ve also changed my voicemail to “if you’re mad I kicked out bother and sil you take them in or give them money if you won’t or can’t shut the gently caress up”

Thanks everyone for the support

:bisonyes:

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Doctor Butts posted:

There is a very small age range where this is an acceptable thing to be worried about. Considering she bought a house and had lived there for 7 years, I think he is waaaaaay out of the age bracket. I'm picturing a guy in his mid-30's and his mom is still heavily involved in his life.

In a comment OP says he's 25, so unless OP bought her house at 18 I'm a little :raise: at what her own age is.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Dr. Stab posted:

Jealous of a blanket. This is even worse than the "If my girlfriend loves her cat, who else could she be loving behind my back?" guy.

I remember that post, it was awesome. poo poo like the guy getting insanely jealous because the cat lays on her lap or whatever. Just a man who believes every waking moment of that girl's life should be worshipping the ground he walks on and showing 0 affection to literally anything else.

This is a different story from the recent one where the guy was having a meltdown because his gf was kissing her cat. Just the most fragile of male egos while talking about how logical and strong men are.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Do not date mama's boys. Do not date anyone who will put their crazy parents before you. Do not date people who will put appeasing their toxic family above you. Just do not.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

limp_cheese posted:

I remember that post, it was awesome. poo poo like the guy getting insanely jealous because the cat lays on her lap or whatever. Just a man who believes every waking moment of that girl's life should be worshipping the ground he walks on and showing 0 affection to literally anything else.

This is a different story from the recent one where the guy was having a meltdown because his gf was kissing her cat. Just the most fragile of male egos while talking about how logical and strong men are.

That was the one where he was like "The smug prick staring at me from atop my girlfriend's tits" or something about the cat, right?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
so she got her boyfriend's second best friend to eliminate his best friend and now she has him all to herself but he's not the same without the support system she dismantled?
guys, i stole a treasured possession from my friend for no reason. am i in the wrong??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

jazzyhattrick posted:

What do you even do if your kid is just an irredeemable piece of poo poo? Stick them them a cheap boarding school until you can cut contact when they turn 18?

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/06/when-your-child-is-a-psychopath/524502/