Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i think its more amazing voters in general believe that the drink party wouldn't have happened if any other Tory they like was in power rather than Boris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Just so loving useless

https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1482382584646615044?t=uTfLFMlSM7qpEjLVlkqd1A&s=19

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
absolutely no one is keeping that bizarre flame of idk mayism? cameronism? alight except her majesty's opposition.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I'm going to assume that the people who run the media are just sick of Johnson's bullshit in general, and the parties are just the closest thing they had to hit him with.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they've had this stuff for near 2 years and sat on it until just now. As I've said before I think its because the bulk of the pandemic is over in terms of the "hard choices" like lockdowns and everything wrong can be blamed on boris now. They would've removed him much sooner but the pandemic got in the way and he makes a convenient fall guy. It also guarantees no matter how bad things get we're not going to lockdown again.

This of course still all requires boris etiher choosing to quit or someone actually stepping up to replace him and I don't think either of those things will happen

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Grem posted:

Hey UK goons sorry about your country.

Does anyone have that graphic or tweet that goes around every so often where there's a bunch of headlines calling stay people fearmongers then a follow up article where the exact thing they warned about happened?

I think there's a few of these, but this is the only one I bothered to save.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Jose posted:

It also guarantees no matter how bad things get we're not going to lockdown again.

the timing on this has been insanely suspect, and follows on matt hancock getting loving obliterated by someone extremely powerful. the british establishment is sick to death of restrictions and they have incredible ways of showing it.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
sick to death, heh

yeah this all started at the beginning of dec when boris attempted to lock down again for the christmas spike

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

CoolCab posted:

the timing on this has been insanely suspect, and follows on matt hancock getting loving obliterated by someone extremely powerful. the british establishment is sick to death of restrictions and they have incredible ways of showing it.
it's going to absolutely rule if (when) we get further waves and other interesting diseases, because the media are conditioning the government to reduce pandemic responses to the absolute minimum of "well, uh, please wear a lovely mask and maybe stay at home if you're dying, if it's ok with your boss?"

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

CoolCab posted:

absolutely no one is keeping that bizarre flame of idk mayism? cameronism? alight except her majesty's opposition.

Most loyal opposition

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

so for real is brexit just never happening?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Pryor on Fire posted:

so for real is brexit just never happening?

It already did.

The effects have been complex and won't stop being complex as long as the UK wants to sell anything to mainland Europe.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

endlessmonotony posted:

It already did.

The effects have been complex and won't stop being complex as long as the UK wants to sell anything to mainland Europe.

Look on the bright side.

It's much harder for brits to move to mainland europe now.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

endlessmonotony posted:

It already did.

Voluntarily restarting the Continental System so that olds could get one more big slice of racism pie. Just mindboggling.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Private Speech posted:

Look on the bright side.

It's much harder for brits to move to mainland europe now.

:weasel:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Nonsense posted:

you might but the press wouldn't give a poo poo Boris did this if Corbyn was still Labour leader.

"Disrespectful Jezza refuses to drink to the memory of departed Prince Philip"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Love that Boris reading his briefing papers for the first time ever is seen as bad news

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1482480032949936138?t=qB6XKvKnHisvFHQwaAxA2g&s=19

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Wow. Even Trump never got that desperate.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

marktheando posted:

nah, I'd also be furious if prime minister corbyn was having parties when i couldn't hug anyone at my dad's funeral

I read that as having parents and thought of tory batman

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I read that as having parents and thought of tory batman

So, batman then

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
There wouldn't be a press with Prime Minister Corbyn

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Bedshaped posted:

There wouldn't be a press with Prime Minister Corbyn

drat, another utopia taken from us!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Labour abstained on the anti grt bit of the cops bill in the lord's

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/SolHughesWriter/status/1482669772848386054?s=20

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I support a fair days pay for a hard day of avoiding work.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lmao hope 2019 was worth it

https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1482679208795344901?t=SKo-Ndtwf386BWEVgGgSSg&s=19

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The end of the BBC is in fact good.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Big if true!

https://twitter.com/pippacrerar/status/1482080975358242825

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

hell,

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

more like whine time

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

keep punching joe posted:

The end of the BBC is in fact good.

Sure, it what if it successfully becomes the PM?

https://twitter.com/independent/status/1482349568515883010

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
just an incredible face and hair combo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

reminder that almost certainly the reason pippa crerar is getting these scoops is because she's married to the head of communication of the department of transport. She was also invited onto the bbc last week to talk about something or other and used the situation to yet again attack corbyn lol

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

crepeface posted:

Kpop John Pertwee.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

how do people near fabricant not resist the urge to rip it off

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol. lmao

https://twitter.com/LeninsLinguine/status/1482707703554322434?s=20

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

crepeface posted:

it's just Boris if he used conditioner

edit: What does broadband have to do with the license fee? Were they basically thinking of lumping the fee as part of broadband contracts because if so lol

Falcorum has issued a correction as of 14:52 on Jan 16, 2022

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
The license fee has been an obvious anachronism for years now. If the BBC's so loving good, switch it to a subscription model and see how many people care enough to actually pay for access imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

The license fee has been an obvious anachronism for years now. If the BBC's so loving good, switch it to a subscription model and see how many people care enough to actually pay for access imo.

the parliamentary committee said that was the issue due to the poo poo state of broadband in the UK lol