Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Rob Filter posted:

Can anyone recommend any good quality large N95 masks? The masks I got from Bunnings are slightly too small for my face and don't pass a seal check.

I just ordered a box of these, can't recommend them until they arrive though

https://www.australianp2mask.com.au/product/amd-nano-tech-p2-particulate-respirator-masks-t4hl-headband-box-of-50/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Can deffo recommend this brand in the headband style for fit

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

I love the talk about the "minister's discretion" and the "minister's decision" as though this doesn't come directly down the telephone line from the PM

Anyway lol suck poo poo Novak, I sincerely hope he gets barred for three years and then the US bars him as well because of it and then the French get even stricter about vaccine mandates, and so all he's left with is Plague Island

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
Well, that didn't last long.

Masks reintroduced as WA records five new local COVID-19 cases amid Omicron spread in Perth.

:sigh:

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

freebooter posted:

so all he's left with is Plague Island

But he’s not allowed back into Australia

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Yeast posted:

But he’s not allowed back into Australia

https://www.thelocal.dk/20181221/island-exile-the-latest-danish-blow-for-unwanted-migrants/

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Welcome to the Plague Zone :getin:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

birdstrike posted:

there’ll be a rapid test in hobart tomorrow if anyone wants it

…and it’s gone

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

ColtMcAsskick posted:

Welcome to the Plague Zone :getin:

The worst thing is that the main exposure sites have all been "massage" parlours, so obviously nobody was checking in even if there was a QR code.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

froglet posted:

The worst thing is that the main exposure sites have all been "massage" parlours, so obviously nobody was checking in even if there was a QR code.

lmao

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea
So now WA is joining the rest of Plague Nation, do we need to start getting our hands on N95s?

I'd been using cloth masks but now I'm seeing that those are basically useless against Omicron. Part of me just wants to keep wearing those cloth masks to only tokenly participate in biosecurity theatre, but that's just the selfish jerk part who doesn't want to bother doing something that will take a modicum of effort.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Konomex posted:

Is there any other political news in this country? I realize COVID is all consuming but holy poo poo am I over it. Distract me with something other then people expecting Tennis players to be capable

What other stupid stuff has the government done? What word of the upcoming election?

Here you go, here's a list of the Morrison government's achievements.

https://www.mdavis.xyz/govlist/

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

froglet posted:

For those following along at home - this is not a joke based on nothing. They are apparently all knock shops and the case seems to be a staff member (it's hard to keep track but is possibly the "unknown source" case)

They are taking the extra step of asking people to turn themselves in to the health department even if they don't test positive

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

norp posted:

For those following along at home - this is not a joke based on nothing. They are apparently all knock shops and the case seems to be a staff member (it's hard to keep track but is possibly the "unknown source" case)

They are taking the extra step of asking people to turn themselves in to the health department even if they don't test positive

Undone by our collective horniness.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
The delta outbreak in Canberra was caused by a guy that works security for a bunch of nightclubs including the strip joint and I remember thinking about how it was basically the single worst person who could get it

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Not looking forward to going back to the office where you basically need N95 masks to not get covid which is what, 200 bucks for a pack of 50?

Wages go up to help with this expense right?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

hooman posted:

Undone by our collective horniness.

Humanity.txt

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Anidav posted:

Not looking forward to going back to the office where you basically need N95 masks to not get covid which is what, 200 bucks for a pack of 50?

Legitimately get a half face respirator with an appropriate set of filters.

You'll look like a dink, but your $100 once off expense will have you set. You'll be more comfortable and save loads of money.

yoloer420 fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 16, 2022

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Lmao

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Why would you not want to get covid?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Hashy posted:

Why would you not want to get covid?

Exactly. Just get it, have 2 weeks sick leave or die and have eternal sick leave. Either way you get time off work, which can only be a good thing!

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Good point. You can save even more money by getting the half face mask but no filters. It's unlikely your co-workers will know the difference, it'll be way easier to breathe (for a few days at least) AND if you're lucky enough to be symptomatic you might get some time off work!

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Anidav posted:

Your employer is responsible for your safety, so they should provide the masks. Simply have a discussion with your employer and outline the PPE required to keep you and your co-workers safe. I'm sure they'll see reason and oblige.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
YOLO baby

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Buck Turgidson posted:

Your employer is responsible for your safety, so they should provide the masks. Simply have a discussion with your employer and outline the PPE required to keep you and your co-workers safe. I'm sure they'll see reason and oblige.

My work gives out free masks to anyone who may have forgotten one. Not N95s though, the blue ones

lua
Jun 16, 2013

Anidav posted:

You can reuse N95s and only really need to buy maybe 4 per person until the loops break https://www.acoi.org/covid-19/n95reuse

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Anidav just casually making telephone sales calls wearing a respirator.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Periphery posted:

Exactly. Just get it, have 2 weeks sick leave or die and have eternal sick leave. Either way you get time off work, which can only be a good thing!

Two weeks illness or die from covid lol

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

JBP posted:

Two weeks illness or die from covid lol

Isn't it 10 days iso if you get it, 14 if you are still symptomatic at day 10?* (This poo poo may have changed in a way I'm not aware of yet because who the gently caress can keep up with the ever changing rules about this crap)

So just lie about your symptoms duh

Also, I was clearly joking.

*unless you are in one of those special industries where you can go to work sick.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

Periphery posted:

Isn't it 10 days iso if you get it, 14 if you are still symptomatic at day 10?* (This poo poo may have changed in a way I'm not aware of yet because who the gently caress can keep up with the ever changing rules about this crap)

You mean 7 days iso and don't even bother letting a test hit you on the way out, here in the Gold Standard State.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

The UK has just abandoned any kind of isolation requirement and so will we. People at high risk trying to protect themselves while holding jobs don't deserve that, and nor do they deserve any quality of life if they can't hold a job. Basically, they should die.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uks-self-isolation-law-set-be-scrapped-telegraph-2022-01-16

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Periphery posted:

*laughs in casual employment*

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Dan Andrews has said:
I hate Serbia

Because he is Albanian

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Periphery posted:

So just lie about your symptoms duh

Also, I was clearly joking.

*unless you are in one of those special industries where you can go to work sick.

Ten days iso :xd:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Is it possible to get an antibody test in Australia to see if you’ve ever caught covid?

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

gay picnic defence posted:

Is it possible to get an antibody test in Australia to see if you’ve ever caught covid?

Yes it is.

My wife had an antibody test to determine if she was producing antibodies from the vaccine (she's immunocompromised and was not sure if the vaccine was effective for her) and the test distinguished between antibodies produced as a response to vaccine, and antibodies produced as a response to infection through mucous membranes - I think it was IgG vs IgA or something. I'm not a doctor, she is, so it made sense to her.

Your GP may be able to help.

e: have a look here - https://www.pathology.health.nsw.gov.au/covid-19-info/antibody-serology

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Hashy posted:

The UK has just abandoned any kind of isolation requirement and so will we. People at high risk trying to protect themselves while holding jobs don't deserve that, and nor do they deserve any quality of life if they can't hold a job. Basically, they should die.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uks-self-isolation-law-set-be-scrapped-telegraph-2022-01-16

"Lateral Flow Test" is a much better name than RATs, so they've got that going for them.

Literally nothing else, though.

Boris Johnson is a loving monster who hides behind the carefully managed persona of a harmless fop. Like an older Hugh Grant, but one who murders babies between films.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
lateral flow test sounds like something you do to a newly installed toilet though

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

When poo poo goes sideways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Animal Friend posted:

Dan Andrews has said:
I hate Serbia

Because he is Albanian