Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

live with fruit posted:

May RBattz reign last for a thousand years.

Oh no I’ve monkey clawed my fate through my poorly worded desire for no more Batman for 30+ years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This year.

A24's gon' give it to ya

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

feedmyleg posted:

Who would play a good Adam West-style Batman in a modern reboot?

Hamm jumps to mind, naturally, but I'm sure there are better options out there who aren't pushing 50.

I mean having watched VAL, age and serious health issues aside i think he’d be a great candidate,the man’s very funny.
Same for whoever said George clooney (again ,too old)

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 11, 2022

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Me, I should play Batman.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lizard Combatant posted:

Jonathan Frakes
Too busy directing or doing voice work

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Too busy directing or doing voice work

Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Lizard Combatant posted:

Jonathan Frakes

https://youtu.be/GM-e46xdcUo

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Tom Hanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh_J5CTuAms

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lizard Combatant posted:

Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Did I really get these scars from my abusive father?

No way, it's fiction.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Waffleman_ posted:

Did I really get these scars from my abusive father?

No way, it's fiction.

Does it depress you to know just how alone you really are?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Who would play a good Adam West-style Batman in a modern reboot?

Hamm jumps to mind, naturally, but I'm sure there are better options out there who aren't pushing 50.

Honestly, I think Pattinson could pull that off. He does a good deadpan.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
What anime is that

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I can never forget that ADR flub " I talked to Barzini."

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'm the Photoshop art filter being applied and thrown out.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

There Will Be Chuds

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Disrespectful not to put Brendan Fraser's name on this too

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
where does that one fit into suda 51's timeline of games

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That's just the movie logo put on the cropped image from the only image release from the show. Thinking that's not official.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 16, 2022

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I never made it through Silmarillion but I seem to remember either the Silmarils or trees (mallorns?) giving off light. LIke the sun, but a tree? I'm posting here with zero research I remember it not making sense to me but is that poster attempting to create that phenomenon?

edit: I decided to not be a lazy poo poo and look it up myself, I was somewhat right though they aren't mallorns

quote:

In J. R. R. Tolkien's legendarium, the Two Trees of Valinor are Telperion and Laurelin, the Silver Tree and the Gold Tree, which brought light to Valinor, a paradisiacal realm also known as the Undying Lands where angelic beings lived. The Two Trees were apparently of enormous stature, and exuded dew that was a pure and magical light in liquid form. They were destroyed by the evil beings Ungoliant and Melkor, but their last flower and fruit were made into the Moon and the Sun.

Commentators have seen mythic and Christian symbolism in the Two Trees; they have been called the most important symbols in the entire legendarium.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jan 16, 2022

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The evil beings Literal Satan and Kaiju Spider

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
To be clear, it's a fanmade crop of this official image:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I thought that city was like Gondor in the crop but I guess it is Valinor the city of the Valar? The Undying Lands that Bilbo and Frodo (and later Sam, Gimli and Legolas) sail to?

But like long before, right? With the actual Valar? The angels / pagan gods depending on which allegory you want to mistakenly apply to it

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Lobok posted:

Is Alf ok?

Alf was canceled for using racial slurs and sexually harassing women on set.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

kiimo posted:

I thought that city was like Gondor in the crop but I guess it is Valinor the city of the Valar? The Undying Lands that Bilbo and Frodo (and later Sam, Gimli and Legolas) sail to?

But like long before, right? With the actual Valar? The angels / pagan gods depending on which allegory you want to mistakenly apply to it

Yeah, pretty much. It's the city of Tirion in the land of Valnior.

Honestly it's a bit mundane looking, it's meant to be massive with streets paved with diamond dust and winding stairs of crystal etc etc.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

roffels posted:

Alf was canceled for using racial slurs and sexually harassing women on set.

You don't even want to know about Willy. Like for real, you don't.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I remember reading the Alf voice actor was a terror and the sets were a death trap because of the puppetry holes everywhere.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Willie Tanner had a hell of a crack habit, too.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

kiimo posted:

I don't think Humans/Dwarves even exist yet at the point that photo is. It's just elves chilling with their gods in paradise.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Rumor has it the first 2 episodes are movie-length episodes that cover 1st age and early 2nd age stuff, then the rest of the show jumps at least somewhat to the end of the 2nd age. Which is a somewhat disappointing decision if so, since I wanted to see hot superpowered elves have adventures with kaiju spiders and shapeshifting werewolves and glowing power gems for a season or two before we focused on boring old mankind and proto-hobbits. But, understandably, they seem to want to find a moment in the second age where they can basically set a show that resembles the world of the movies.

e: There's a ton of ambiguity around it at the moment since Amazon has a pretty tight lid on it, but if that's the case then in my mind the first 'movie' would ideally be The War of the Jewels, the second 'movie' would be The Lord of Gifts, and then the rest of the show would be about Sauron and the fall of Numenor eventually leading to The Last Alliance over the course of a few seasons.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 16, 2022

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

That's just the movie logo put on the cropped image only image release from the show. Thinking that's not official.

Despite how much evidence of questionable graphic design we've seen in this thread nobody would put the logo that close to the top with no margin.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

davidspackage posted:

I remember reading the Alf voice actor was a terror and the sets were a death trap because of the puppetry holes everywhere.

I guess it depends on how you define terror. Fusco was VERY committed to the act so I'm sure there was a certain amount of intensity.

Dillbag posted:

Willie Tanner had a hell of a crack habit, too.

According to Artie Lange, who worked with Max Wright on the Norm show, he definitely did. He also indicated that Alf essentially broke Max. Max was a classically trained actor, and he ended up playing second fiddle to a puppet and that didn't sit well with him at all. It may have also contributed to his substance abuse problems.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

This whole time I’ve thought all the ALF stuff was just a long-running joke, like the “Steve got fired from Blue’s Clues for being a crackhead” stuff. But I just looked it up and apparently ALF really was the production from hell.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

wizardofloneliness posted:

This whole time I’ve thought all the ALF stuff was just a long-running joke, like the “Steve got fired from Blue’s Clues for being a crackhead” stuff. But I just looked it up and apparently ALF really was the production from hell.

I think it took on average twice as long to shoot an episode of ALF when compared to other sitcoms of the time.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

davidspackage posted:

The VA/Creator was one of those "THERE IS NO PUPPET, ALF IS REAL" dudes and required everyone to call the puppet by his given Melmac-ian name, Gordon Shumway.

He was approached once to see if there was a possibility at a Muppets/Sesame Street/ALF special and the creator responded that he didn't want kids confusing ALF The Alien with a Muppet or PUPPET.

Alf's S1 shenanigans led to a kid microwaving his cat.

ALF also has one of the worst late night talk show runs. With only 7 episodes to his credit before the long was pulled.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Fartington Butts posted:

Despite how much evidence of questionable graphic design we've seen in this thread nobody would put the logo that close to the top with no margin.

I mean c'mon it's not like this is hanging framed posters in your house!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

kiimo posted:

I never made it through Silmarillion but I seem to remember either the Silmarils or trees (mallorns?) giving off light. LIke the sun, but a tree? I'm posting here with zero research I remember it not making sense to me but is that poster attempting to create that phenomenon?

edit: I decided to not be a lazy poo poo and look it up myself, I was somewhat right though they aren't mallorns