Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thathonkey posted:

sorry for non costco tangent but if youve got a good meatloaf recipe pls drop it

This is the one I use

https://natashaskitchen.com/meatloaf-recipe/

I use BBQ sauce instead of ketchup though.

Also for the glaze (which is the best part) I use bbq sauce and a few spoon fulls of Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce.

It’s fuckin great and easy.

The glaze really makes it bangin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

thathonkey posted:

sorry for non costco tangent but if youve got a good meatloaf recipe pls drop it

I just spent a long time looking for the Sandra Lee meatloaf abomination video and it looks like it got wiped off the internet. I guess there are perks to marrying a Cuomo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

thathonkey posted:

I use the recipe on the back of the box of Lipton onion soup mix and just add A1 and some worcestershire as well. Use 50/50 ground beef and pork.

Its real good.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Ooh yeah seconding the non-beef drip. Pork, lamb, horse...

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

thathonkey posted:

Some places will sell meatloaf mix: a beef, pork veal combo. I usually do 2lbs. of beef/pork mix. Sautéed diced onions, saltines, eggs and milk largely make up the binder. Water down some ketchup with cider vinegar, add brown sugar and spices to you liking.

Sometimes I precook some bacon and crumble it into the loaf or put it on top afterwards.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Soul Dentist posted:

I just spent a long time looking for the Sandra Lee meatloaf abomination video and it looks like it got wiped off the internet. I guess there are perks to marrying a Cuomo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-XKauSB2sI&t=6s

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm looking for the whole thing, without FunnyFail.ru Fail Laugh Compilation edits. The recipe she starts with is brutally bad too, and what leads to the hideous reveal. Also the cocktail she mashes at the end of that episode is brutal too. *Sigh*

I'll settle for the Kwanzaa Cake episode

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
The best things I get regularly at Costco are the double packs of frozen lasagna with sausage, the croissants, good apples when they have them (we finally got some good ones after getting bad ones from the start of the season until now, and the weirdest things are the chicken enchiladas with no tortillas, they use chicken meat as the wrap but you only notice that after you buy them and your wife says " is this entirely chicken meat" and you're like, "lol what" and it is. The sauce is weak poo poo too. Fine for low carb, but then add some more fat please.

They've got rid of most of the good yoghurt options over the years. The three kinds of sliced cheese packs have also come with the cheese all mouldy before too, so I'm never having that again.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

https://www.seriouseats.com/the-food-lab-all-american-meatloaf-excerpt-recipe

I use this meatloaf recipe (replacing anchovies with worcestershire sauce). It is more than 7 ingredients, though. And not many that are at Costco.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

StormDrain posted:

I feel like Costco online took my order, made a label, and just threw it away. When is my order going on the drat truck!

I decided to chat with customer service and they're sending a replacement. I like that.

What are the odds I get a double order again?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

redreader posted:

The best things I get regularly at Costco are the double packs of frozen lasagna with sausage, the croissants, good apples when they have them (we finally got some good ones after getting bad ones from the start of the season until now, and the weirdest things are the chicken enchiladas with no tortillas, they use chicken meat as the wrap but you only notice that after you buy them and your wife says " is this entirely chicken meat" and you're like, "lol what" and it is. The sauce is weak poo poo too. Fine for low carb, but then add some more fat please.

They've got rid of most of the good yoghurt options over the years. The three kinds of sliced cheese packs have also come with the cheese all mouldy before too, so I'm never having that again.

The only good yogurt they have anymore is the Mountain High plain yogurt. Sometimes they have a smaller Greek Gods Honey Vanilla but it's pretty sweet.

Otherwise it's just Chobani and Yoplait single serve packs. No thank you.

Speaking of, adding a scoop of that plain yogurt to 2 cups of fruit is an amazing way to make a breakfast smoothie.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Kirkland Signature Greek Nonfat is the jam

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
My local has the smaller Noosa cups which I always buy.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I just realized the Jachs heavy duty flannel jacket actually has armpit vents lololol hell yeah. Best flannel ever

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Barry posted:

My local has the smaller Noosa cups which I always buy.

I love Noosa but it has more sugar then yoplait.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Made a run with my husband today. Started at the food court with the soda hot dog combo and a pizza. PBUC. Scheduled a long overdue eye exam and he's been in there for over an hour. Is that normal? They look pretty busy. Also bummed that they only sell the poke on certain days now

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Made a run with my husband today. Started at the food court with the soda hot dog combo and a pizza. PBUC. Scheduled a long overdue eye exam and he's been in there for over an hour. Is that normal? They look pretty busy. Also bummed that they only sell the poke on certain days now

Not really normal from my experience but the eye doctors are kinda independent from Costco so it just depends on the location.

They might have had 2 doctors on the schedule and one called in sick or something which puts them seriously behind

Russian Dollies
Jun 25, 2006

Basically... RUN.

Scheduled a long overdue eye exam and he's been in there for over an hour. Is that normal? They look pretty busy. Also bummed that they only sell the poke on certain days now

If he chose to have his eyes dilated rather than pay to have their fancy machine take pics of the back of his eyes, then yeah. Dilation adds like 30-45 minutes.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Only one doctor and he didn't get his eyes dilated. Seems like it was just an extra busy day.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

thathonkey posted:

I think those ground turkey packages at Costco at 1.7 lbs? I'm going to estimate because I don't measure, I could be wrong with these tablespoons. Do what feels right. Basically its like you're making Thanksgiving stuffing, but you mix your seasonings and aromatics into the meatloaf instead of cubed bread.

Finely dice 1/2 medium onion, 2 celery stalks, 1 peeled carrot, and 1 garlic.
Sautee in a large pan over medium heat with some olive oil
Season with salt, pepper. Roughly 1 tbsp of thyme, 1/2 tbsp each of sage, and rosemary.
Cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
Add about 2 tbsp of butter to finish.
Allow to cool somewhat.

In a large bowl, add your ground turkey.
1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
Another large pinch of salt.
Some ground pepper.
Mix 2 eggs with about 1/4 cup of milk and pour into the bowl.
Add your cooked vegetables from above.
Mix thoroughly with your hands.
Wash your hands.
Coat your hands with some olive oil and form the mixture into a loaf on a sheet pan or a pyrex baking dish. (The oil will keep the meat from sticking to you and also help the outside crisp.)
Cook at 400F for 25-30 minutes? I don't know, I use a meat thermometer.

Serve with your favorite Ocean Spray canned Cranberry Sauce.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 18, 2022

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Only one doctor and he didn't get his eyes dilated. Seems like it was just an extra busy day.

Most people don't realize it, but lots of people don't work on MLK day, so they make a trip to Costco on the day off. I don't know about the eye doctor specifically, but Costco itself is always busy on MLK day.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Soul Dentist posted:

Kirkland Signature Greek Nonfat is the jam

It really is

You can use it with EVERYTHING

sweet or savory or stretch stuff

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Dear Costco thread,

I went to Costco today and it was practically empty. The cart I got was the smoothest, best handling magical cart ever and it was all so pleasant I almost cried.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Spinz posted:

It really is

You can use it with EVERYTHING

sweet or savory or stretch stuff

Yeah to be clear I never just eat yogurt, I add it to sauces, grains, soup, etc. And Cholula, which church also provides. If they made a Greek yogurt "fruit on the bottom" style with hot sauce I would buy the poo poo out of it (or cottage cheese)

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Soul Dentist posted:

Yeah to be clear I never just eat yogurt, I add it to sauces, grains, soup, etc. And Cholula, which church also provides. If they made a Greek yogurt "fruit on the bottom" style with hot sauce I would buy the poo poo out of it (or cottage cheese)

I like you :)
Cholula and yogurt, stirred, is a killer dip

Veggies, chicken, whatever

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Also bummed that they only sell the poke on certain days now

:( It was usually decent quality ahi, and while it obviously can't hold a candle to anything in Hawaii, it was 1/4 the price for a basic poke.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I finally got a chance to use the self-serve Nitrogen to top off the tires. No bullshit quarters or bugging the attendant, and no gauge to watch. Just set the pressure, and it's off to the races. A+ would fill again.

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009
I bought a 6 pack of chicken thighs and when I got home I noticed that one wasn't under vacuum and was leaking chicken juice everywhere.

If I go back, do I need the bring the whole thing or just the one punctured pack?

To complicate things, I'm a false believer and using my parents' membership. Will I be excommunicated from the church at the customer service window?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

impulse bought a pack of croissants for the first time today. now I need to go get ham and nutella to eat them all with :getin:

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

PolishPandaBear posted:

I bought a 6 pack of chicken thighs and when I got home I noticed that one wasn't under vacuum and was leaking chicken juice everywhere.

If I go back, do I need the bring the whole thing or just the one punctured pack?

To complicate things, I'm a false believer and using my parents' membership. Will I be excommunicated from the church at the customer service window?

If you try to eat a hot dog while you are there I bet Jim will smite you himself from on high.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

MarcusSA posted:

This is the one I use

https://natashaskitchen.com/meatloaf-recipe/

I use BBQ sauce instead of ketchup though.

Also for the glaze (which is the best part) I use bbq sauce and a few spoon fulls of Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce.

It’s fuckin great and easy.

The glaze really makes it bangin.

I use probably double the spices way more ketchup and add some flour to get it to come together better and it makes it softer than just breadcrumbs. I don't add milk though. I also use turkey and a bit of soy sauce. In short mine is totally different,

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I use oatmeal in my meat loaf instead of breadcrumbs. Purchased from my local Costco of course.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

If you don’t have a glaze on your meatloaf I’m truly sorry for the life you’ve been leading.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

MarcusSA posted:

If you don’t have a glaze on your meatloaf I’m truly sorry for the life you’ve been leading.

Ketchup, honey, Worcestershire, cumin, and smoked hot sauce.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
my local costco has a local yogurt brand which absolutely rules but they do the 24 single serving variety pack style (3 types, 8ea) while I'd really prefer them to just have the big tubs I know the brand produces. because this is costco, probably 2-4 big tubs shrinkwrapped together. That's fine. Just save me from 24 little cups.

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

I finally got a chance to use the self-serve Nitrogen to top off the tires. No bullshit quarters or bugging the attendant, and no gauge to watch. Just set the pressure, and it's off to the races. A+ would fill again.

wait what

is this yet another costco service I didn't know about?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Psion posted:

wait what

They have parking spots near the tire center with pumps yeah. I haven't given it a try but I should.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Psion posted:

my local costco has a local yogurt brand which absolutely rules but they do the 24 single serving variety pack style (3 types, 8ea) while I'd really prefer them to just have the big tubs I know the brand produces. because this is costco, probably 2-4 big tubs shrinkwrapped together. That's fine. Just save me from 24 little cups.

wait what

This is a washington state ellenos post isnt it.

Its so drat good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

sharkytm posted:

Ketchup, honey, Worcestershire, cumin, and smoked hot sauce.

Might just have to try that on Sunday when I make another loaf.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Argyle posted:

I'm in the market for a blender, anyone have any thoughts on the Costco offerings? Particularly the Ninja or the Nutribullet? The vitamix is overkill for my needs (not to mention expensive).

I was reading that Nutribullet expects you to fully replace the components (carafe, blades, etc) every 6 months?! That seems ridiculous.

I got a couple Ninja Blenders/Mixers at home and they’re good. Served me well making all kinds of sauces and dips and pepper paste for chili

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gatts posted:

I got a couple Ninja Blenders/Mixers at home and they’re good. Served me well making all kinds of sauces and dips and pepper paste for chili

:same:

I have a full-size ninja and a personal one and they have both been rock solid. Especially for the price.