Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Oh God I just realized that with Microsoft now buying Activision-Blizzard, Raven Software is now a sister company to id Software again

Quake 5 please and thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mordja posted:

I...I wonder if this eventually means Raven Software will be able to spread its wings again some day. :unsmith:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Oh God I just realized that with Microsoft now buying Activision-Blizzard, Raven Software is now a sister company to id Software again

capitalism is good for everyone! :shepicide:

edit: lol if this means Wolfenstein 09 gets re-released and everyone decides it isn't good after all

Convex fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jan 18, 2022

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Convex posted:

edit: lol if this means Wolfenstein 09 gets re-released and everyone decides it isn't good after all

You shut your filthy lying mouth.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Convex posted:

Oh my god what if the leak of it in the BC catalog lineup was a deep hint to this

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wait a minute, does this unfuck Hexxen and Heretic rights ownership?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Never played Heretic II, wouldn't mind seeing it get a digital release to try it

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Mr. Fortitude posted:

This post is how I learned Microsoft bought ActiBlizz

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Wait what? I guess they'll buy Ubisoft next year and EA the year after that. While I don't like any of these companies I thought breaking them up would be a good idea, not consolidating everyone under the same brand.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kamrat posted:

Wait what? I guess they'll buy Ubisoft next year and EA the year after that. While I don't like any of these companies I thought breaking them up would be a good idea, not consolidating everyone under the same brand.

Even if Microsoft buys Activision, they'll still only be the third largest gaming company so, uh, probably could get approval for that

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Barudak posted:

Even if Microsoft buys Activision, they'll still only be the third largest gaming company so, uh, probably could get approval for that

It all seems so strange, this is a huge company they're buying, I thought Bethesda was a stretch but Activision, that's another league. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if they'll go after those other giant game companies.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Shadow Hog posted:

This post is how I learned Microsoft bought ActiBlizz

Same. I thought it was a rather casual mention for such a big acquisition! Then I realized it wasn't the Steam or Xbox thread and it made more sense.

Good news for Call of Duty singleplayer enthusiasts I guess, since ActiBlizz is stingy with the sale prices for old cod.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah i just paid 20 for infinite, now I'm thinking i could've waited a month or two to play it for a buck on gamepass

Barudak
May 7, 2007

site posted:

yeah i just paid 20 for infinite, now I'm thinking i could've waited a month or two to play it for a buck on gamepass

I decided to not buy it at the same time and Game Pass provides, its bounties limitless

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The United States posted:

You can get brand new "XBOX controller assembled in China from parts of the original controller" on aliexpress for like $22 and bargain basement imitations for $10

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003590101593.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003795662840.html

Will the deadzones be bad? Who knows? Roll the aliexpress die!

I probably should also note I just do not have the patience to deal with the added time ordering anything from China adds, I'm too spoiled by Amazon in that regard

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Wait what?!?!?

Convex posted:

Wolfenstein 09 has it's flaws but it's still definitely one of the better Single Player focused FPS games of its time, probably because it's multiplayer was an afterthought made by another studio(from my recollection it was janky and not great but wasn't outright horrid either) so Raven was able to focus on making the single player portion good

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Say it with me friends SiN Episodes 2

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

What’s the world coming to…

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Battlezone 3 all but confirmed, sources close to my heart are stating

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Looking forward to Zork: Warzone myself

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Barudak posted:

I believe the entire SiN IP is in the slightly clammy clutches of Night Dive nowadays.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Kins posted:

I believe the entire SiN IP is in the slightly clammy clutches of Night Dive nowadays.

Hrm, so it is.

Welp back to Hexxen 3: Heretic 3: You can Have 3 Games in a Series, Gabe

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This really sucks. I don’t want Microsoft in control of every western made game.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
let treyarch make more tony hawk

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A couple of weeks ago somebody said something about Activision/Blizzard splitting up? I don’t really follow what they’re up to these days outside of all the harassment stuff that just came out.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
West of House

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here.

> OPEN MAILBOX

The mailbox opens to reveal a dusty M1 Garand fitted with a rusted bayonet.

> TAKE WEAPON

You reach to take the rifle, noticing a purple light glinting to the southwest.

> GO NORTH

Wooded Glade

You are in shady woodland, surrounded by nothing more than brittle leaves and restless birds. The breeze rattles through the branches, sending a few pine cones loose in the direction of your head.

You notice the arena shrinking in the distance. 28/30 adventurers remain.

>

Convex fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 18, 2022

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Barudak posted:

Hrm, so it is.

Welp back to Hexxen 3: Heretic 3: You can Have 3 Games in a Series, Gabe

Add the Portal Gun to Hexen 3 because that series needs more portals!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 18, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Convex posted:

West of House

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here.

> OPEN MAILBOX

> TAKE WEAPON

> GO NORTH

Wooded Glade

You are in shady woodland, surrounded by nothing more than brittle leaves and restless birds. The breeze rattles through the branches, sending a few pine cones loose in the direction of your head.

>

I am quoting this entirely out of appreciation

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Convex posted:

West of House

> OPEN MAILBOX

> TAKE WEAPON

> GO NORTH

Wooded Glade

>

Very tempted to make a stupid text adventure battle royale now. Bravo!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Angryhead posted:

Please do, i wish i had the conviction to actually develop any of these dumb ideas :unsmith:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Also if it's a Zork BR wouldn't the fog instead be darkness and thus you'll be eaten by a grue? :v:

cuc
Nov 25, 2013

thedangergroove posted:

Battlezone 3 all but confirmed, sources close to my heart are stating

Fun fact: Rebellion has bought Battlezone along with a good number of PC classics from Activision soon after the Blizzard merger (you can check the games they publish on Steam & GOG). That's how they remastered the two RTSes and made Battlezone VR.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What’s the world coming to…

gently caress, that game had a banger of a theme song.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Angryhead posted:

Convex posted:

Please do, i wish i had the conviction to actually develop any of these dumb ideas :unsmith:

Anything can be a battle royale, as Mario and Tetris have proven.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

site posted:

let treyarch make more tony hawk

If you mean Vicarious Visions then yes, agreed

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
looking it up i meant neversoft but i didn't realize they were completely absorbed by infinity ward

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

looking it up i meant neversoft but i didn't realize they were completely absorbed by infinity ward

Such is the fate of many an Activision subsidiary. Sent to the DLC mines of CoD

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Looks like Selaco's gone the Patreon route, already making a bit of change. https://www.patreon.com/PlaySelaco

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Deakul posted:

gently caress, that game had a banger of a theme song.

I was obsessed with any and everything source engine back in the day, I’ve played through sin episode 1 about ten times, it’s so fun!

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I was obsessed with any and everything source engine back in the day, I’ve played through sin episode 1 about ten times, it’s so fun!

It really was an amazing little snippet of a game that will never be. Gunfights in it felt so dynamic and interesting but never unfair, that automatic difficulty feedback thing they developed worked really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I never played Outlaws, but some people are remaking it in Call of Juarez:BIB.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/outlaws-remake1