Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ceyton posted:

Tipper's involvement in the PMRC probably doomed Al in the 2000 election lmao

Imagine a world where 500 fewer Floridians said "Hey, didn't his wife try to get my favorite bands banned 15 years ago? gently caress that, I'm voting for the other guy"

lol yeah imagine a world where more Floridians cast votes for Gore than for Bush, what a wild and different world that would be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I think "would 9/11 and the War on Terror happen" if Gore won in 2000 would be fascinating alternate history. I think the answer would still be yes though and we definitely would have still invaded Afghanistan but I wonder if we would have done Iraq

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

vyelkin posted:

lol yeah imagine a world where more Floridians cast votes for Gore than for Bush, what a wild and different world that would be

sadly he needed a 5-4 majority :(

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Feldegast42 posted:

I wonder if we would have done Iraq

Saddam didn't try to kill Gore's daddy, far as I know.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Unfortunately scalia was a big Black Sabbath fan so Gore was doomed from the start.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Animal-Mother posted:

Saddam didn't try to kill Gore's daddy, far as I know.

It really depends on whether the Project for a New American Century ghouls somehow worm their way into the good graces of Gore after 9/11 happened. Given that they were able to do so with Biden I would say yes

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

vyelkin posted:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ceyton posted:

Tipper's involvement in the PMRC probably doomed Al in the 2000 election lmao

Imagine a world where 500 fewer Floridians said "Hey, didn't his wife try to get my favorite bands banned 15 years ago? gently caress that, I'm voting for the other guy"

This alternate world where Gore won would also be a world without Mother and I’m unsure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

quote:

4. … pray for a backlash against McConnell obstructionism (Harry Reid tells us it’s coming)

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Harry Reid? the dead guy?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Guess the backlash went the other way

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Feldegast42 posted:

Obama embarrassed Trump on air with the birth certificate thing and that single handedly drove him over the edge into seriously running for president and dismantling Obama's legacy

from what i recall, trump deflected by saying it wasnt the "long form birth certificate" and the white house press correspondents dinner where obama roasted trump was the event where he decided to seek vengeance.

Man say what you will about the guy but getting owned by obama and then becoming the next president and tanking his pet TPP project is some impressive "force of will" stuff

e: lol you were right, what you described was at 2011 press correspondents dinner. Trumps stoney faced expression throughout is also quite lol

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK has issued a correction as of 01:39 on Jan 18, 2022

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

from what i recall, trump deflected by saying it wasnt the "long form birth certificate" and the white house press correspondents dinner where obama roasted trump was the event where he decided to seek vengeance.

Man say what you will about the guy but getting owned by obama and then becoming the next president and tanking his pet TPP project is some impressive "force of will" stuff

any other neoliberal successor to Obama would have continued Obama's real legacy project, TPP. that is what he was counting on. he wasn't counting on Donald Trump

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

bedpan posted:

any other neoliberal successor to Obama would have continued Obama's real legacy project, TPP. that is what he was counting on. he wasn't counting on Donald Trump

Nobody was :D

wonder if obama still thinks about this night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHckZCxdRkA

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Genuinely I hope Obama stays up at night beating himself up over it.

I know he doesn't though, he doesn't give a gently caress about anything.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Shyrka posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvgnOqcCYCM&t=85s

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

GWBBQ posted:

Literally every performance at a political event is like this. Someone knows someone, they get an official proclamation declaring them important, and all of a sudden you have to listen to Tommy, the 3rd Grade Yankee Doodle Ambassador from Connecticut try to sing Yankee Doodle through a trombone.

People get paid (in stipends, of course) for these appearances.

She got a modeling contract with the same people as Kamala's stepdaughter.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lmao. Big JO energy

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lmao at the Roswell comment given what's been coming out recently

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
the one major positive of the trump presidency was watching obama’s legacy fall like the loving towers yes

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Kitfox88 posted:

the one major positive of the trump presidency was watching obama’s legacy fall like the loving towers yes

he had a legacy?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Private Cumshoe posted:

he had a legacy?

decorum

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

pete buttigieg making prominent black people opt-out of endorsing him

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Kitfox88 posted:

Hillary's, too

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Shyrka posted:

Uhhh now, let me, let me be clear... uhhh, he's passionate about breaking strikes.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

You look back at history and causes of events and motivations of the players are often murky and unclear. It's one thing that makes it so unsatisfying, you always know the broad strokes but you can never tease out with certainty exactly how and why things came to pass.

That's what makes this video so great. You're literally witness to the exact moment history changed direction.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Apropos:

Debunk
Aug 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
embed ducklo always gets a lol from me

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

chaleski posted:

Hillary's, too

https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/791263939015376902?s=21

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Eliot Higgins

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Paul Wolfowitz posted:

I'm told, I didn't see it, that the -- some Taliban gave a press conference today in which they suggested that we should forget about September 11th and move on. And I can assure them we will not forget about September 11th. We are moving on, and I think before long, the world will forget about the Taliban.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Feldegast42 posted:

I think "would 9/11 and the War on Terror happen" if Gore won in 2000 would be fascinating alternate history. I think the answer would still be yes though and we definitely would have still invaded Afghanistan but I wonder if we would have done Iraq

Yes, but not Iraq.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Shyrka posted:

He gives a gently caress about people not finding out he smoked as president

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Forget about who?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The maoist d&d podcast that broke up after a struggle session regarding how the profits from their new microbrewery should be divided

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

projecthalaxy posted:

The maoist d&d podcast that broke up after a struggle session regarding how the profits from their new microbrewery should be divided

no way

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm trying to find it again, it was in the podcasts thread maybe last year? 2020? Time is fake

E: here it is

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Jan 27 - Feb 8

Discussion amongst Alekx, Ethan, Savanah, William, and Taylor happens concerning the unacceptable nature of Justin’s actions and non-apology. Savanah had planned a meeting to discuss clarifying group tasks and holding a tutorial so that Ethan would not continue to be the only one able to fill merch orders. Alekx let us know that they wanted to address Justin before the RPG recording on the 8th with an excerpt of Mao’s “Combat Liberalism”. This was given full support from William, Taylor, Ethan, and Savanah.

Feb 8 Struggle Session and Game Table episode recording

A discussion is held before the Game Table recording. Justin, Jeremy, Ethan, Savanah, William, and Alekx are present. Alekx presents a statement pointing out why Justin's behavior was undemocratic, unprincipled, and inappropriate. Alekx plays a recording of "Combat Liberalism" and gives copies of it to each person to read because it is theoretically applicable to the situation at large. Justin won't acknowledge his behavior until several people speak up to add how the take-home message is that we need to communicate better as a group. Justin gives a half-hearted apology saying, "I'm sorry I blew up." He did not self-crit about any of the specific behaviors. Alekx asks if there is anything else to be said, and Justin doesn't add anything to the discussion. We record the game as if things are semi-resolved.

Insanely funny

It was called Proles Pod and Justin's behavior was starting a microbrewery. See page 200-201 of podcasts thread for live posts

projecthalaxy has issued a correction as of 20:15 on Jan 18, 2022

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

tbf starting a microbrewery is hella bougie

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

projecthalaxy posted:

The goon left theory podcast that lost 2/3rds of its hosts after one of them turned out to be an internet infamous embarrassing wife guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Carthag Tuek posted:

tbf starting a microbrewery is hella bougie

Starting any business is