Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Shugojin posted:

decades of Just-In-Time supply chains crumpled the second there was a real problem so there are out of stocks in stores now, but this is the president's fault

sometimes the out of stocks are due to strikes because people are finally going wait one loving second if i'm essential why the gently caress do you pay me like poo poo

But also, they're still there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the monster from Boris Johnson’s id – As pressure over the Downing Street parties scandal grows, the PM has been accused of targeting the BBC and deploying the military against migrants in the Channel in an attempt to save his premiership"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Keir Starmer branded an ‘absolute hypocrite’ for drinking with staff during lockdown :derp:

Independent:

BBC boss questions viability of subscription-based alternative to licence fee

Times:

Royal Navy rejects Priti Patel’s ‘illegal’ plan to push back Channel migrant boats

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson lied about lockdown party, Dominic Cummings claims; Wolf moon – in pictures

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Where were you during the Garrison/Adams Twitter Beef of ‘22?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pants Donkey posted:

Wait, that's a beef? I thought they were agreeing with each other.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Scott Morrison forced to reprimand backbencher George Christensen over 'dangerous' COVID-19 vaccine comments (ABC). Also Victoria to issue emergency Code Brown alert for its health services due to Omicron wave (ABC).

Le Lievre:

"Pushing through" the Omicron wave is Scott Morrison's new catchphrase (rather than "letting it rip").

Shakespeare:

Election race tightens after Morrison takes a summer battering (SMH). Morrison has the eagle picture in his office because he saw it as a divine sign that God wanted him to win the election and be PM (part of this story from last April).

Downes:

Tasmanian premier Peter Gutwein, who announced that vaccinated travellers into Tasmania now don't have to provide a negative test or register their travel details.

Warren Brown:

'Time for bed': Police called to move on partying Australian and England cricketers (SMH). The container is the Ashes urn.

Lethbridge:

Spooner:

I think this started as a cartoon about how most Australian states are hopefully reaching the peak of Omicron infections and what happens next but the actual rat labelled "rat" going on about Dr. Fauci throws it off a little.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Spooner:

I think this started as a cartoon about how most Australian states are hopefully reaching the peak of Omicron infections and what happens next but the actual rat labelled "rat" going on about Dr. Fauci throws it off a little.

Kellies nomination: worst label

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

I was today years old when I learned Scott Adams somehow still has fans (and they're all antivaxxers).

However, this is the most Scott Adams tweet that could possibly exist:

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1483260936169218049?s=20

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
'RAT' in this case is a very odd play on words with 'rapid antigen test'

the metaphor is still incoherent but the label is like, vaguely sensible?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pants Donkey posted:

Praying we get a call out in the funny papers and the fallout that may cause

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

ungulateman posted:

'RAT' in this case is a very odd play on words with 'rapid antigen test'

the metaphor is still incoherent but the label is like, vaguely sensible?
That's the reason why there is a rat and why all the Aussie cartoonists have been doing rat puns in their cartoons about the difficulty of getting your hands on a test. Just throwing in a rat labelled "rat" is pushing it.

Mentioning Dr. Fauci in an Aussie cartoon however is a dead giveaway about the particular sources the cartoonist is poisoning their brain with.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

HootTheOwl posted:

As someone who buys groceries weekly.... what are they talking about?

I just went grocery shopping at the Food Lion here in southern central VA a few hours ago and the shelves actually were a bit more empty than usual. Not completely empty, but some bare spots here and there. Notably the barest shelves were instant ramen and bread, which were practically completely empty. Frozen chicken was also pretty slim pickings, as was bottled water and milk.

Though to be fair, we had a winter storm pass through here over the weekend and BUY ALL THE BREAD AND MILK is the number one response to weather reports mentioning the word "snow" in this part of the country. And the shelves weren't completely bare, I just had a lot less selection, like having to buy the lovely expensive Dave's Bread because it was the only thing left, and getting regular chicken patties instead of the spicy ones. I think I'll live, though.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Twelve by Pies posted:

I just went grocery shopping at the Food Lion here in southern central VA a few hours ago and the shelves actually were a bit more empty than usual. Not completely empty, but some bare spots here and there. Notably the barest shelves were instant ramen and bread, which were practically completely empty. Frozen chicken was also pretty slim pickings, as was bottled water and milk.

Though to be fair, we had a winter storm pass through here over the weekend and BUY ALL THE BREAD AND MILK is the number one response to weather reports mentioning the word "snow" in this part of the country. And the shelves weren't completely bare, I just had a lot less selection, like having to buy the lovely expensive Dave's Bread because it was the only thing left, and getting regular chicken patties instead of the spicy ones. I think I'll live, though.
The lovely dollar general I tend to use has had about a quarter empty shelves for over a year now. What's missing changes but it ain't been fully stocked in that time

Then again that's the same one that the ac broke during an Alabama summer and the corporation didn't get repaired for half a month or so. I don't think the cpany care for that store to much in general

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

There hasn’t been Cocoa Rice Krispies in my store for months now :argh:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

TWO DEMOCRATS THAT ARE NOT (THAT) INSANE

Standing in the way of the “Cheating Rights Bill,” the “Build Better Breadlines Bill,” and nuking the filibuster, are two Democrat senators, Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Senator Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona.

Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer want to ram their radical wish list of communist polices through the Senate, but are being foiled by two of their own senators who apparently are putting the welfare of the country over the progressive power grab.

Who knew two Democrats would be the thin “blue” line against tyranny?

Thank goodness Manchin and Sinema are standing strong. They should be encouraged. The far left radicals have been harassing Senator Sinema ruthlessly trying to break her.

Senator Manchin’s approval rating has skyrocketed in his home state of West Virginia, apparently opposing the Biden regime’s agenda is very popular. Stand strong Senator Manchin, you may want to switch parties and help give the GOP a backbone.

Always keep in mind the ruthless communist Democrats never give up, they may lose the battle but always come back even more vengeful and determined to force their unpopular policies upon the country. Most Americans want nothing to do with the Democrat’s micro managing of their lives.

Biden’s approval rating is the lowest in history. Take away 10 points and you will have the real number, Kamala’s approval rating is even lower. Even the media is turning on Biden and waiting breathlessly to cheer the “change of batter” that is certain to be announced.

Will it be Hillary?

Expect the unexpected with the Democrats.

2022 has just begun but it looks to be a historic year with the epic failures of Biden and his puppet masters piling up. We need to encourage Senators Sinema and Manchin to keep holding the line.

-Tina

Will it be Hillary??????????

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

????

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Movie theaters are losing money due to the pandemic. They don't like losing money and want people to start going to the movie theater again. Here are humorous examples of things a movie theater company might do/say to make people go to the movie theater again despite the danger.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I think Tina Toon’s style is improving. Not her content, but her style.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

My brain is broken

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Guess who got into nfts ~~

quote:

Parler, known primarily for its free speech social media platform, announced an innovative marketing partnership with Jon McNaughton, America's foremost conservative artist who is launching The Trump Legacy NFT Collection.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

God help me, I laughed at this one. Although now that I look at it closer, the goat is facing the wrong way for the visual joke to make sense because in this universe cause precedes effect.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Nick Anderson

Clay Bennett

Tim Campbell

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Henry Payne

Why, this isn't disingenuous at all!

Joel Pett

Rob Rogers

Jen Sorensen

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

Ooooh That Smell
Just when you thought it was over for Hillary she raises her evil corrupt head again for 2024.
They want Hillary to run again so bad.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Raised By Birds posted:

Henry Payne

Why, this isn't disingenuous at all!

I'm pretty sure Payne's not exactly been a Kaep fan in the past.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Jay Rust posted:

McNifty’s,
How will trump hold the snake in your picture?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Man they really want to whip this quote up into something don't they

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm pretty sure Payne's not exactly been a Kaep fan in the past.
Yeah but he's a hypocrite in the other direction so it's fine!

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

read these in dean winters' voice

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Has Schiff been in the news, or is this just a lazy attack on Schiff circa the first impeachment? Sure feels like that was a long time ago.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: If We Were on the Other Side of the Ukraine-Russia Crisis

Ted Rall posted:

First the United States and its allies pressure Russia by placing missiles in Poland, near its border. Then the West tries to expand NATO right up to the Russian border, by inviting Ukraine to join. When the Russians respond by massing troops along their own border, we have the unmitigated nerve to say that they are provoking us.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Is it possible to make it even more obvious that you are mad about getting fact checked on FB?

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
lol Rall

Okay, who's gonna try to defend him this time?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
how much is rall getting paid to pretend that russia isn't an impotent old man of a country led by an impotent old man of an autocrat impotently trying to saber-rattle its way back into relevance

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Jay Rust posted:

The accessories look like photographs. They won't put effort into an NFT swindle even when the subject is their hero. I doubt the artist was involved after the rights were bought - if they were bought

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker

Trapezium Dave posted:

Who are the "nasty neighbours" in the real timeline supposed to be? Ukraine, famously allied with Nazi Germany?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Trapezium Dave posted:

...But the US has invaded Mexico a bunch of times and stolen a whole lot of land from them. Texas used to be part of Mexico. There were, you know...wars? I'm making the tenuous presumption that Rall theoretically isn't in favor of that kind of thing. If we started massing troops on the Canadian and Mexican borders they'd have every reason to worry. It feels like he's trying to go "USA BAD TOO" at the same time he's trying to make Russia seem more sympathetic by...comparing them to the USA. And something something Nazi allies, which, as we all know, Russia would never have even considered allying with Nazi Germany.

A Hilarious Mess of a Cartoon.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Athas posted:

Who are the "nasty neighbours" in the real timeline supposed to be? Ukraine, famously allied with Nazi Germany?

Finland
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuation_War

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Quoting from the OSHA thread:

Syrian Lannister posted:

That's the rest of the set

We may have a new Dees on the rise.

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker

But Finland has no plans to join NATO, and does not have any recent border conflicts with Russia. They are not exactly at the centre of an urgent flashpoint.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
Plucky little Russia, constantly fending off Finnish imperialism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

there was a reasonable amount of collaboration between Ukrainian nationalists and nazi germany early in the eastern front out of a "oh god they're liberating us from the soviets" idea before it was obvious that like, the nazis hated the Ukrainians as much as they did the Russians, which lead had 5+ million Ukrainians taking up arms against the germans after they took control of much of the modern country, either directly in the red army or as partisans.

basically rall isn't 100% wrong, but he's clearly writing what his bosses at RT want him to instead of anything based on real history