Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
The last episode was fantastic, without a bad part at all in it. Interesting tension, clever use of spells and abilities. Actually, the last two or three episodes were also great. This is the fourth covert infiltration of the day, but because they all avoided combat so far, they're not too terribly tapped.

Matt's handling of Pretty was very shrewd. It let the players off the hook so they don't look like a-holes for playing with the feelings of a character who could easily have been turned into an object of pity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

DarklyDreaming posted:

Yeah I'm blanking on the name but didn't Netflix pull this poo poo too once or twice?

They did it with the MST 3000 revival, didn't they? And then dumped it like nuclear waste after the two-season contract was up.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Crazy Ted posted:

They did it with the MST 3000 revival, didn't they? And then dumped it like nuclear waste after the two-season contract was up.

I might be misremembering, but MST3K at least got that first season up on VHX for people who didn't have (or couldn't get) Netflix. The second season wasn't part of a Kickstarter (though it did take some outside crowdfunding) and aired solely on Netflix.

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
I got the new Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting Reborn book today. Lots of new and interesting stuff, such as how Jourrael the Caedogeist is searching for the Circlet of Barbed Vision.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Hexmage-SA posted:

I got the new Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting Reborn book today. Lots of new and interesting stuff, such as how Jourrael the Caedogeist is searching for the Circlet of Barbed Vision.

That sure sounds like an ExU season 2 spoiler

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Hexmage-SA posted:

Perhaps relevant to campaign 3:

"Scanlan likes to sing songs of the Vox Machina days to crowded houses in cities across Tal’Dorei. He spends his winters in Ank’Harel, where he and his daughter Kaylie operate their high-end trading business, Meatman Imports & Sexports. It’s a good job that keeps him constantly traveling around Exandria, suiting his interest in seeking out new people and places around the world—and for new performance venues and places to get into trouble."

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
For those curious, here's an abridged version of Vox Machina's fates 25 years later:

Grog Strongjaw - Grog lives with Pike Trickfoot and has organized a competition called the Luncheon of Champions where warriors are invited to a brawl followed by lunch and ale.
Keyleth, Voice of the Tempest - Since the defeat of Vecna and the loss of Vax'ildan, Keyleth has buried herself in her duties as leader of the Air Ashari. Though she's managed to create some allies, others among the elite of Tal'Dorei see her as a potential threat. She also serves as an ambassador to the Tal'Dorei Council.
Percival de Rolo - Percy has largely retired to live a private life of tinkering, though he has aided in feats of civic engineering. He and his wife Vex'ahlia have had five children together, the youngest of which, Gwendolyn, was born a tiefling due to Percy's past dealings with fiends (possibly Orthax or Ipkesh would be my guess).
Vex'ahlia de Rolo - Vex serves as the both the Mistress of the Grey Hunt in Whitestone and the Master of Commerce on the Tal'Dorei Council. Her beloved bear Trinket is still with her, and Trinket's cub Charlie is a playmate for her and Percy's children.
Pike Trickfoot - Pike settled down with Scanlan Shorthalt in Westruun, where they had two children together. However, when the kids grew up and left home for higher education the couple decided to get a divorce, though they promised to remain friends. Pike since moved to Whitestone to build a temple to the Everlight and spend more time with other members of Vox Machina.
Scanlan Shorthalt - Since separating from Pike, Scanlan has taken to travelling Exandria at large to sing of the Vox Machina days, seek new people and places, and aid his daughter Kaylie with her trading business "Meatman Imports & Sexports".
Taryon Darrington - After many years of running his own Darrington Brigade adventuring party, Taryon eventually came to possess the heart of a true hero. After establishing several satellite Darrington Brigades throughout Wildemount, Taryon and his husband settled down in Port Damali, where Taryon became a fiction writer.
The Champion of Ravens - The Champion of Ravens is not Vax'ildan, though some remnant of who he was remains buried deep inside. He is a loyal arbiter of death that appears to destroy those who defile the sanctity of death and to comfort those innocents with the greatest fear of death as they pass on.

Hexmage-SA fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jan 19, 2022

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
Is there anything about the Clasp in there, specifically in Marquet? Because Ashton's got a Clasp patch on their pants in the full body official art, and I've been waiting with chin in hands for that bomb to go off. It's going to take a while, but it'll be amazing.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

There's a bit, although there's very little about Marquet in general since that's on another continent and the book is primarily about the Tal'dorei continent.

The gist is that due to the events of the Chroma Conclave take-over of Emon, the Clasp kind of came to be seen as almost noble thieves because they put tremendous work into smuggling refugees out of Emon and away from the dragons. Very Robin Hood-esque if you will. Because of their newfound goodwill from the people, some folks openly associate with them, even politicians, although that's risky because y'know, they're still criminals. But the Myriad, a rival criminal group, has decided this means the role of "nasty underground criminal group" is up for grabs if the Clasp doesn't want it and are pushing in on their territory with a lot more violence and viciousness. The Clasp are the 'good guys' compared to the Myriad but good is very relative here and the Clasp is still primarily out for themselves.

It does explain why Ashton's not shy about displaying the symbol though. A lot of people wouldn't see it as a bad thing to be part of the Clasp.

CuwiKhons fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jan 19, 2022

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Agaragon posted:

Is there anything about the Clasp in there, specifically in Marquet? Because Ashton's got a Clasp patch on their pants in the full body official art, and I've been waiting with chin in hands for that bomb to go off. It's going to take a while, but it'll be amazing.

Yes to the Clasp, no to Marquet. Most their section mentions is “outside Tal’Dorei”, but that could be in relation to the Myriad spreading from Wildemount.

EDIT: Or, see above for information from people who can read better.

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
There's lots of neat stuff in this book. I'm glad I went out of my way to get it.

I'm most interested in the new League of Miracles faction and wonder if they'll appear in Campaign 3 at all. They seemingly came from nowhere to be one of the most influential factions in Tal'dorei now.

EDIT: Also, thinking on it, Keyleth ended up with probably the most bittersweet ending out of Vox Machina. She's gonna far outlive everyone she knows and be a target of people who fear her magic or want revenge against her for banishing Vecna.

Hexmage-SA fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 19, 2022

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this is cute and also i would like to see them play these versions of the characters some time

https://twitter.com/jessmightwork/status/1483496733749481479/photo/1

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Percy looks like such a douchebag now, I love it.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

some cool stuff out there on the hashtag

https://twitter.com/Zuzartii/status/1419745504276144131/photo/1
https://twitter.com/vaso7890/status/1483516068249452550
https://twitter.com/LaurenWalshArt/status/1483501754608197634

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Hexmage-SA posted:

EDIT: Also, thinking on it, Keyleth ended up with probably the most bittersweet ending out of Vox Machina. She's gonna far outlive everyone she knows and be a target of people who fear her magic or want revenge against her for banishing Vecna.

She gets her mom back as some point though thanks to the M9, which would probs help cheer her up a bit

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I’d see a couple of those pieces before, but drat, all of that art is gorgeous.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

One of Percy's children being a tiefling is a good little twist. I think I might have to grab a copy of the book.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Dragonstoned posted:

She gets her mom back as some point though thanks to the M9, which would probs help cheer her up a bit
I'm guessing they skipped that in the book because C2 just ended and they want to avoid spoilers for now.

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM

Mage_Boy posted:

I'm guessing they skipped that in the book because C2 just ended and they want to avoid spoilers for now.

The section on the Traveller mentions TravellerCon happened a while back (although not by name), at least.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mage_Boy posted:

they do not.

Hella spoilers for C2 in this book

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Hexmage-SA posted:

For those curious, here's an abridged version of Vox Machina's fates 25 years later:

Grog Strongjaw - Grog lives with Pike Trickfoot and has organized a competition called the Luncheon of Champions where warriors are invited to a brawl followed by lunch and ale.
Keyleth, Voice of the Tempest - Since the defeat of Vecna and the loss of Vax'ildan, Keyleth has buried herself in her duties as leader of the Air Ashari. Though she's managed to create some allies, others among the elite of Tal'Dorei see her as a potential threat. She also serves as an ambassador to the Tal'Dorei Council.
Percival de Rolo - Percy has largely retired to live a private life of tinkering, though he has aided in feats of civic engineering. He and his wife Vex'ahlia have had five children together, the youngest of which, Gwendolyn, was born a tiefling due to Percy's past dealings with fiends (possibly Orthax or Ipkesh would be my guess).
Vex'ahlia de Rolo - Vex serves as the both the Mistress of the Grey Hunt in Whitestone and the Master of Commerce on the Tal'Dorei Council. Her beloved bear Trinket is still with her, and Trinket's cub Charlie is a playmate for her and Percy's children.
Pike Trickfoot - Pike settled down with Scanlan Shorthalt in Westruun, where they had two children together. However, when the kids grew up and left home for higher education the couple decided to get a divorce, though they promised to remain friends. Pike since moved to Whitestone to build a temple to the Everlight and spend more time with other members of Vox Machina.
Scanlan Shorthalt - Since separating from Pike, Scanlan has taken to travelling Exandria at large to sing of the Vox Machina days, seek new people and places, and aid his daughter Kaylie with her trading business "Meatman Imports & Sexports".
Taryon Darrington - After many years of running his own Darrington Brigade adventuring party, Taryon eventually came to possess the heart of a true hero. After establishing several satellite Darrington Brigades throughout Wildemount, Taryon and his husband settled down in Port Damali, where Taryon became a fiction writer.
The Champion of Ravens - The Champion of Ravens is not Vax'ildan, though some remnant of who he was remains buried deep inside. He is a loyal arbiter of death that appears to destroy those who defile the sanctity of death and to comfort those innocents with the greatest fear of death as they pass on.

You left out the best part. Pike and Scanlan's son Wilhand'ildan is known as Wax for short.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Senjuro posted:

You left out the best part. Pike and Scanlan's son Wilhand'ildan is known as Wax for short.

There's a really great detail mentioned in Pike's section that whenever the kids meet up, Wilhand'ildan and Vax'ildan de Rolo commiserate over their names. Pike and Scanlan's kid definitely has the worse one though.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
https://twitter.com/suraelis/status/1483571561101623298

My heart. :swoon:

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

That font made me think it said 'I found a oval office'

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
One detail in the book is that the concept of mixed ancestries beyond just Half-Elf or Half-Orc is introduced (in fact, unlike the original Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting there is no section describing Half-Elves and Half-Orcs). Some of the named NPCs include a human-halfling and an elf-dragonborn, although these are rare. Game mechanics for this aren't given beyond just some vague guidance and advice to work with your DM on creating a character like this.

Campaign Two Spoilers
I guess under this framework Jester would be a tiefling-water genasi.

Hexmage-SA fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 19, 2022

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

That's mostly how Pathfinder 2e handles race selection and it's good and cool

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Yeah, introducing that type of thing is a great way to add a bit of depth to the world.

Though I still like how Wakfu/Dofus handles mixed race parentage, in that your race is determined by the patron god you subscribe To after birth, since all races technically start out as human.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
If eXu2 isn't a nonVM party checking out rumors of a vestige that turns out to be gwen'dilyn overcuriously getting herself into trouble...

I'm just picturing Laura's reaction as the DM starts describing the little tiefling playing with a shiny necklace, explaining she's on vacation with her family from whitestone but wandered away...

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
Huh, I just found out that Jester, despite being called a tiefling, has cold resistance and deals cold damage with Hellish Rebuke thanks to the non-tiefling half of her parentage.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I like the idea of a system where you'd have a list of racial traits and you pick say two or three freeform and that decides your heritage. Seems a good way to do things

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

I like the idea of a system where you'd have a list of racial traits and you pick say two or three freeform and that decides your heritage. Seems a good way to do things

5e kind of basically already does this with attribute points, this is the next logical step for encouraging full player choice.

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
I somehow missed that some of the characters in Campaign 3, such as Artana Voe, are elf-orcs called uniya. I'm curious what the stats are for them.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOeZjYZtmKA

theOdd1
Oct 16, 2004
Link because mobile
David Tenant, Indira Varma, Stephanie Beatriz. among other notable names.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Gina loving Torres lol

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Based on the backer email, they got some pretty famous people to do random voices for characters in this. Also, Stephen Root.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Holy poo poo that is a hell of a cast.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

oh poo poo stephanie beatriz is kima

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

What a list of names, drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

TotalHell posted:

What a list of names, drat.

To answer the inevitable question of "How the gently caress did they get that person?" The answer is almost 100% "Sam cast and directed them in at least one Ducktales episode"