Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Epi Lepi posted:

Extremely awesome sequence, I had such a smile on my face watching it. This was the best episode so far imo.

It reminded me of Rogue Squadron games where you could strafe stormtroopers/probe droids/womp rats on the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That scene was incredible and sync’s up to the art so well.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
That was the equivalent of someone taking out a biker gang with an Apache helicopter and I am all for it.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

I can't express how I hate this sort of clickbait.
To go from "I felt I had too many lines, so I tried to pass them off to my co-star, haha, what a fun memory" to "Morrison hated the writing" is so damaging, so deliberately calculating. Makes my skin crawl to think that there are people who think like that. How can I phrase this so I can stir up the most poo poo possible and get as many clicks as I possibly can?

Dave Syndrome fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 19, 2022

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Captain Splendid posted:

You fool! I've been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku!

said this out loud while watching

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!
This show looks like Babylon 5 sometimes, especially the alien bar and gangster scenes.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!

Dave Syndrome posted:

I can't express how I hate this sort of clickbait.
To go from "I felt I had too many lines, so I tried to pass them off to my co-star, haha, what a fun memory" to "Morrison hated the writing" is so damaging, so deliberately calculating. Makes my skin crawl to think that there are people who think like that. How can I phrase this so I can stir up the most poo poo possible and get as many clicks as I possibly can?

Absolutely agree with the shade on the bullshit sensationalist headline.

But it sounds to me that Temura gets the character, and perhaps understands one of the issues I have with the series. In all the original Bob appearances he was mysterious, unknown element and his very few lines he did have were sharp and to the point.

He's absolutely right that it shouldn't be his character dumping all the exposition and explaining his motivations - it's inconsistent with the image around the character. It's one of the things Mandalorian did really well. We didn't get to know much about Din from his words - only from his actions.

Of course Lucas partially ruined that by shoehorning him into the prequel films already, and I have no context for his appearances in the subsequent cartoons or whatever.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
cool thing is i watched this episode while insanely hammered and got to relive it by reading this thread, basically doubling my enjoyment. pretty badass if you ask me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh look a playful interview being taken as gospel.

I'm reminded of the Bucketheads vid doc for episode 2 where Tem starts mocking Lucas and asking what his lines would be that day.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 19, 2022

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
I think one of the fundamental problems is that to make Bob a believable protagonist as a titular character for people to root for, is that they need to make him overly emphathetic - like giving him a code of honour and having his first instinct be to help those in trouble and so forth.

As such, he ends up being a bit of a clone (lol) of Din, which is rather ironic given that character started with 'what if Boba Fett was a good guy'.

I'm digging the extended look into the rest of general life for gangsters on Tatooine at least.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

For context: this dude is a turbo chud who routinely doxxes people who make him mad about Star Wars. Nice job signal boosting this asswipe.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

nine-gear crow posted:

For context: this dude is a turbo chud who routinely doxxes people who make him mad about Star Wars. Nice job signal boosting this asswipe.

I had no idea and it was just linked on the star wars reddit but chill out... asswipe.

E: Like seriously - you could just say he's a piece of poo poo and that would be cool.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 19, 2022

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
For the record I think crow was calling the Twitter chud the asswipe.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Maybe.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Arc Hammer posted:

For the record I think crow was calling the Twitter chud the asswipe.

Yes. The Twitter chud is the asswipe. And he is indeed a MASSIVE asswipe who gets irrationally mad about Star Wars and tries to inflict internet vengeance upon all those who make him mad about Star Wars.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

They definitely were, however it's not your fault for not having an encyclopedic knowledge of everyones' politics on twitter

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Smythe posted:

cool thing is i watched this episode while insanely hammered and got to relive it by reading this thread, basically doubling my enjoyment. pretty badass if you ask me.

I had to stop watching episodes of stuff while drunk and high because I'd have zero loving clue what went on and would have to rewatch them sober. I did most of Visions and What If...? this way

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Sounds like a pretty sweet viewing method.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

The United States posted:

Fennec also told him offhand that the biker gang definitely didn't slaughter the Tusken camp but he's just gonna murderize the entire biker gang anyway.

Boba is a living Dunning-Kruger effect and he is hilarious to watch.
This rat catcher robot scene in the kitchen made things pretty weird. Boba Fett, the stumbling idiot, in company of Fennec, the competent assassin.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Living with the tuskens made him soft.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Yeah but maybe this is a "realizing he's lost a step", getting-older type of story.

That could work for me.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Combat Pretzel posted:

This rat catcher robot scene in the kitchen made things pretty weird. Boba Fett, the stumbling idiot, in company of Fennec, the competent assassin.
It was great how Fennec was thinking "ok you deal with this bullshit" and just gave the "I'm gonna guard the door, yeah" excuse.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

mdemone posted:

Yeah but maybe this is a "realizing he's lost a step", getting-older type of story.

That could work for me.
I mean, he has to sleep in a healing tube. It's right there in the text.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Also do we know how old the character of Boba Fett is supposed to be? Human standard aging...?

I bet that's where this is going.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

In universe age is early 40s. Probably average Goon age. Actor is 61.

According to AOTC he wasn't altered to age rapidly like the clone soldiers.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

mdemone posted:

Also do we know how old the character of Boba Fett is supposed to be? Human standard aging...?

I bet that's where this is going.

Early 40s. Between the Sarlaac and the abuse and then rough living at the hands of the Tusken raiders, I can just about buy 60 year old Temuera Morrison playing him, who looks good for his age now.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

LividLiquid posted:

I mean, he has to sleep in a healing tube. It's right there in the text.

The bacta treatments were to treat his sarlacc pit acid burns(both times lol). It has nothing to do with him being old or having spent years of hard living in the desert.

"Congratulations master Fett. You are completely healed."
"What about the scars on the inside?"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Owlbear Camus posted:

Early 40s. Probably average Goon age.

Don't make me try to do a push-up. I'll do it. You just wait and see.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Butterfly Valley posted:

Early 40s. Between the Sarlaac and the abuse and then rough living at the hands of the Tusken raiders, I can just about buy 60 year old Temuera Morrison playing him, who looks good for his age now.

He looks outstanding for his age, but I attribute that to good Polynesian genes, the lucky bastard

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The bacta treatments were to treat his sarlacc pit acid burns(both times lol). It has nothing to do with him being old or having spent years of hard living in the desert.

"Congratulations master Fett. You are completely healed."
"What about the scars on the inside?"
I don't see your point. When television and movies show characters who are thought of as tough, invincible badasses to need repeated healing treatments, the creators are saying something about that character; something they want you to know. They don't just do things like that because watching somebody go to the hospital is inherently interesting.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

I'm glad we have a new "Hello there"/"General Kenobi" meme template

Also the rat-catcher droid basically committed suicide and I'm surprised they didn't just turn it back on

The rat catcher droid is turned on again in time for the end of the episode, hanging out beneath the table during Fett's mob boss meeting and eyeballing the rancor.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

mdemone posted:

He looks outstanding for his age, but I attribute that to good Polynesian genes, the lucky bastard

He's got his own bacta tank in real life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21HKBw449bE

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

LividLiquid posted:

I don't see your point. When television and movies show characters who are thought of as tough, invincible badasses to need repeated healing treatments, the creators are saying something about that character; something they want you to know. They don't just do things like that because watching somebody go to the hospital is inherently interesting.

Well in this case it's also an easy way to use flashbacks.

But he's completely healed now so he will be extremely competent and ready to go!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Arc Hammer posted:

He's got his own bacta tank in real life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21HKBw449bE

Wow I had not previously experienced what I think is called a man-crush?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

mdemone posted:

Him, Jennifer Beals, and Ming-Na are all insanely good looking for their age. I learned Beals and Ming-Na are both 58 which made me all like :drat:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

teagone posted:

Him, Jennifer Beals, and Ming-Na are all insanely good looking for their age. I learned Beals and Ming-Na are both 58 which made me all like :drat:

Wait I knew Ming-Na was but I hadn't realized about Beals. I've had a crush on her since I can remember, for obvious generational reasons.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The bacta treatments would make sense if the sarlaac injuries were shown to be causing Boba any distress or weakness in the past sequences.

Anyway I kinda enjoyed this episode that was primarily focused on demonstrating that Slave One's cockpit is really badly designed. Boba needs to be talky. He wasn't talky in the 15 seconds of screen time he had in the OT, but if he's a silent guy in Mandalorian armour then he's just The Mandalorian and also actually Jango was a talky guy and if we are expanding Boba as a character then he should be a bit like Jango.

They should have put Temuera in a wig and do some flashback scenes where he's Jango talking to Boba and teasing out the roots of the character that way.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I mean I assume Bib was the one actually doing all the hiring and finance for Jabba, so if the guy who employed me to do all this poo poo left me for dead in the desert and instead went back to the palace to eat the entire kitchen stock I’d be fairly pissed too.

Boba’s whole thing post-sarlaac has been loyalty to those around you. Bib ain’t loyal and that’s why he’s dead.
Well you see... Jabba puts a bounty on Fett after Crimson Dawn stole popsicle Han Solo from him during the whole War of the Bounty Hunters comics, all of which happened for stupid reasons. Presumably Bib actually called up the bounty guild and placed the marker.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I appreciate Krrsantan would prefer to rip some trandoshan's arm off rather than get out of his bar tab free.
This is also a comics reference. He's touchy about the concept of debt :airquote: for some reason.

Isometric Bacon posted:

But it sounds to me that Temura gets the character,
It sounds to me like him and Ming Na Wen have a running joke about him being lazy and trying to pass work off to her so he can stand around and be a silent badass.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

I'm very much looking forward to the auralnauts cut of episode 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Uh, did I just watch Fett feed meat to a bantha, a known herbivore?