Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Grape posted:

The UK has such a tiny rear end Jewish population that I'm convinced the controversy pushers just picked a random minority name from a hat.

"Jeremy Corbyn has been dangerously silent on prejudice against.......the uh...... the Navajo."

Then we'd have a series with Jeremy Corbyn testing fast food, and this would be a better world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Jon_Goddard86/status/1483799621143076865?s=20

Your island needs a deep cleaning.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

barf

https://twitter.com/TerryReintke/status/1483796716054880270

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Never get tried of dipshit liberals wringing their hands over "whats happened to britain".

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Southpaugh posted:

Never get tried of dipshit liberals wringing their hands over "whats happened to britain".

It's particularly irritating because when you check their previous public statements, you ALWAYS discover that they supported the Tories in the 2019 election, either implicitly or explicitly. "It is with a heavy heart that I must make clear that my tender conscience will not allow me to vote Labour so long as it's under its current extreme and dangerous leadership etc etc etc... "

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol not sure I'd heard her speak and she's dire st it too. What is it with the Labour right all sounding weird

https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/1484074190613495810?t=T7yZTou2KwEn7dFGJ9EPUw&s=19

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Deth Cult Cuntry

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lol guess I'm wearing this mask a mite longer then.

A Spherical Sponge
Nov 28, 2010
gently caress I was actually looking forward to daily cases going down a bit to pre-december levels. Glad I bought all that home gym equipment at least, since I probably won't be able to leave the house for the next several months lol

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

keep punching joe posted:

Over here we Thanos snapped another 9/11 worth of people yesterday and the bars were still full on my way home. This rate I'm planning to get buried with an N95 on.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Look, brute forcing herd immunity didn't work the first six times but nothing says it won't work the seventh

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

No Dignity posted:

Look, brute forcing herd immunity didn't work the first six times but nothing says it won't work the seventh

what? a new variant??? where do these keep coming from!?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.

Jose posted:

Lol not sure I'd heard her speak and she's dire st it too. What is it with the Labour right all sounding weird

Years of learning to hide a regional accent to fit in with your Oxbridge and City mates, presumably.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

No Dignity posted:

UK has been losing out to France in being the second after the US in the number of cases lately, clearly recovering its rightful spot is a national priority.

e: this may be hard tho after free testing ended, clearly a completely unrelated event to the following fall in cases

Private Speech has issued a correction as of 11:55 on Jan 20, 2022

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

She's properly dire yet the Labour right and press love her lol

https://twitter.com/GMB/status/1484063072264331266?t=-BJTOQqbWL0ZViqMg-H6zw&s=19

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Jose posted:

She's properly dire yet the Labour right and press love her lol

It's because they all went to the same university op.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

surely somewhere there is a competent dead eyed market ideologue working hard with various conservative business interest bodies to coordinate post corbyn labour into a presentable middle class right wing project who is sharp enough to understand and in weaker moments wonder why all the people they've been given to work with are loving freaks

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
you might as well ask the same thing about all the leaders in afghanistan willing to work with us

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
A lot of it is cargo culting Tony Blair despite the fact that Tony Blair was never particularly charismatic, he just had the media on side. People took the piss out of him for being an awkward weirdo all the time.

Same with Sunak, he literally tries to ape Blair's speaking style and is a very unconvincing speaker but just has the media fluffing him so it doesn't matter (for now)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol some tory is claiming they're getting blackmailed into voting for the government. meanwhile

https://twitter.com/Mike_Fabricant/status/1484112611616735233?s=20
https://twitter.com/StefGotBooted/status/1484126937698250752?s=20
https://twitter.com/2Si_2Vess/status/1484118541443948544?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/1484133609380343811?s=20

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
^: she should show that she's serious about these promises somehow, perhaps by carving them into some kind of permanent object

https://twitter.com/giftedrascal/status/1483927072502427648

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

today i learned michael fabricant, him wiht that ridiculous wig, is bisexual

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

How many relaunches/plans/roadmaps for Britain are we on now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol being told they were being bullied by the whips office and only brings it up now after someone goes public. loving journalists man

https://twitter.com/BenKentish/status/1484137797862764546?s=20

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Grape posted:

The UK has such a tiny rear end Jewish population that I'm convinced the controversy pushers just picked a random minority name from a hat.

"Jeremy Corbyn has been dangerously silent on prejudice against.......the uh...... the Navajo."

naw, "the left is racist against jews, the right is racist against browns, both sides are the same" is a classic Enlightened Centrist take

the fully galaxy-brained will also say the left is racist against white people and east asians, but once you're dumb enough to say that you've usually started claiming that the far right is the actual center

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

the sex ghost posted:

How many relaunches/plans/roadmaps for Britain are we on now

Labour is in a state of continual renewal.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
the centre is the queen, by definition

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Let them eat buzzwords!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Britain in the world. Stonger together.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Labour is in a state of continual renewal.
A state of permanent revolution.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

naw, "the left is racist against jews, the right is racist against browns, both sides are the same" is a classic Enlightened Centrist take

the fully galaxy-brained will also say the left is racist against white people and east asians, but once you're dumb enough to say that you've usually started claiming that the far right is the actual center

I don't think grounding[sic] one or the other side into pigsfeed will do anyone favours. I am really, really smart.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Great Britain Strong Nation

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Changing lives not shouting slogans.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
god I hate the guardian so loving much

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

frankenfreak posted:

A state of permanent revolution.

Constantly revolting

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

dr doom-style pressing a red-hot respirator onto my face, sealing me in forever more with the power of burnt flesh

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

gonadic io posted:

god I hate the guardian so loving much

They were pumping out 'feel like poo poo just want my office back' thinkpieces after about a week of lockdown lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
"I've never worked from an office, being a journalist, but if I did I'd be really excited to get back into it right now" was an all time classic