Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Pastrana's new Gymkhana Subaru GL yeeeeees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Pastrana's new Gymkhana Subaru GL yeeeeees.

I'm on board with this.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
https://twitter.com/connord21/status/1483965214349570051

More pics at the Instagram link.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

:perfect:

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it

Gosh I really want a Honda EV. I think they are bloody neat. There is only one for sale that I can find in the whole country and it's 65k.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

I have this urge to get a Honda E and Tesla swap it now. And that body kit

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I do love the design of the E-Honda (Yes I know that's not the official name but c'mon)
Seeing one in real life made me realise how big they are, that's a Civic next to it, the angle doesn't quite show it but they are about the same length

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
It's a Honde
Hond-e

Also it's cute as gently caress
'This is not a prototype' is cute as well

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat
All I post in this thread is how I would buy that stupid low range honda e if they brought it here and gave me a chance.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Ugh I'd buy that Honda E *tomorrow* if they brought it to the states. It's perfect for me and it drives me nuts Honda won't bring it here. Dammit Honda take my money!

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Arson Daily posted:

Ugh I'd buy that Honda E *tomorrow* if they brought it to the states. It's perfect for me and it drives me nuts Honda won't bring it here. Dammit Honda take my money!

Honda thinks Americans want a 4 door Integra.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

BigPaddy posted:

I grew up when the Integra was still a cheapish sporty car. We must have had five or six of them, from both generations, among my circle of friends. I still do a double-take when I see a four door 2nd gen. I've never seen a four door first gen. We didn't want them the first time around.

Dammit, I was back home in Oct. and forgot to take a pic of my friend K's little car. 1986 Integra, loaded, red with one grey door. Dad bought the car new and kept it for so long it skipped K's older brother and went to her when she was 16. Always driven hard, all planned maintenance done on time, never cut up. 300k on the original motor. Her kids are never going to touch it, lol.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

havelock posted:

All I post in this thread is how I would buy that stupid low range honda e if they brought it here and gave me a chance.

Same. That and a motorbike and that's all my transportation needs sorted.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

BigPaddy posted:

Apparently we wanted a 4 door Charger.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Godholio posted:

Apparently we wanted a 4 door Charger.

According to Chrysler at the time, nobody wanted a coupe.
According to Ford right now, nobody wants a car. Sedan or coupe. Unless it’s a Mustang.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

Arson Daily posted:

I like the Honda-E too but there's no way it would work in the US. Just look at how hard people are making GBS threads on the MX-30 which is basically the same idea: too much money for too little range.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

It has 130mi range which is fine. My wife’s car is an electric Mini which works fine for her commute and with the tax rebate it was less than a similar specced ICE Mini.

We use my car for weekend trips etc.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
That Mazda wishes it was as charismatic as the Honda E. That's all that matters, otherwise people wouldn't love all sorts of compromised vehicles like we do. I can understand why Honda doesn't bring it over, just like I can understand why they did the Integra dirty like they did. It's not correct, but I understand it.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
The Mazda has rear suicide doors which I love, as a person that is not man enough to own an RX-8.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Hikaki posted:

The Mazda has rear suicide doors which I love, as a person that is not man enough to own an RX-8.

get an i3 then

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/SSKR0718RYU/status/1484080485647413250

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Darchangel posted:

According to Chrysler at the time, nobody wanted a coupe.
According to Ford right now, nobody wants a car. Sedan or coupe. Unless it’s a Mustang.

Also Ford: This is a Mustang.

Wrong thread, but here's something to make up for it

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005

I tried this in Tokyo and it's not as cool as you'd think. The motion feels very underwhelming while you're inside, the shifter is sequential with no clutch, and the game is just one of the arcade Initial D games which I admittedly didn't really know how to play properly.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The Initial D arcade games are massively underwhelming anyway, they're slow as poo poo. The superior arcade experience has always been Outrun 2 SP and Sega were insane enough to build a super deluxe version of that too which I was lucky enough to find in the crappy Northern seaside town of Bridlington one time. My favourite arcade Arcade Club also has a couple of the Deluxe single seater car cabs and I told friends to play it as it was sat next to Initial D, they quickly realised how much more fun it is to link drifts together on that and it was the start of a beautiful love affair.

https://twitter.com/holeecrab/status/1437697019707944960?t=aIHiYmTOv4RdAlmd7rHnOA&s=19

Sega also had a Touring Cars version of the Initial D setup decades ago at the Trocadero Sega World in London.

https://twitter.com/ohgodwhatdoiput/status/1284595000232247297?t=g0lAl5MsysT_qwZZDvwb6w&s=19

I would just like to say thank you to Sega for going all out throwing millions away on designing and producing insane arcade machines, absolutely the GOAT in that respect.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jan 21, 2022

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Shame to hear the Initial D Stage 4 motion thingos aren't as cool as they look. That Celica in classic Castrol livery looks badass thou!

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

AirRaid posted:

Also Ford: This is a Mustang.

I saw a couple of those over the last week, and it hosed with my head seeing the Mustang symbol and sequential taillights on something that looks like that. After seeing the first one I thought it was someone's bondo/kitcar fever dream, then later I saw another and questioned reality.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

boxen posted:

I saw a couple of those over the last week, and it hosed with my head seeing the Mustang symbol and sequential taillights on something that looks like that. After seeing the first one I thought it was someone's bondo/kitcar fever dream, then later I saw another and questioned reality.

I've only seen one and immediately forgot about it when it passed me just like every other SUV.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
The Mach E isn't as awful IRL vs photos, but it's not memorable and it is dumb to call it a mustang. But apparently Americans can't create anything new and require a diet of 100% nostalgia at all times.

In cool EV/hybrid chat I saw a Porsche Panamera E-Hybrid Sport Turismo being driven in anger the other day, and I want one. The 8 mile or whatever full electric range would be perfect for my commute, if I ever have one again.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The Mach E makes me so angry because it crosses perfectly my need to hate purism and my need to hate turning everything into an SUV, truck, or crossover.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I've seen that before, and I *desperately* want to try it.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The Initial D arcade games are massively underwhelming anyway, they're slow as poo poo. The superior arcade experience has always been Outrun 2 SP and Sega were insane enough to build a super deluxe version of that too which I was lucky enough to find in the crappy Northern seaside town of Bridlington one time. My favourite arcade Arcade Club also has a couple of the Deluxe single seater car cabs and I told friends to play it as it was sat next to Initial D, they quickly realised how much more fun it is to link drifts together on that and it was the start of a beautiful love affair.

Well, that's disappointing.

boxen posted:

The car is fine - they just shouldn't have called it a Mustang. Just "Mach-E" would have been fine.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Shame to hear the Initial D Stage 4 motion thingos aren't as cool as they look. That Celica in classic Castrol livery looks badass thou!

That's a Supra chassis they bolted onto the hydraulics, full interior too.

https://youtu.be/aOCP2oBE1nY

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 21, 2022

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Mach E California Tjin looks really good

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

This funky Plymouth Colt on BaT just made my day. I love it and wish I could bid.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Night Danger Moose posted:

This funky Plymouth Colt on BaT just made my day. I love it and wish I could bid.

In practical use, how useful is the Twin Stick? I mean, it doesn’t appear necessary to us it during normal driving - no split-shifting, for example - so is it basically just used for overdrive on the highway?

Edit: I’m going by the video in the listing where the driver didn’t touch the second shifter at all, as far as I could tell.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Night Danger Moose posted:

looks like the same car that RCR reviewed a few months ago

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

looks like the same car that RCR reviewed a few months ago

That's what I was thinking as well, especially since it also has PA plates. Then I got to the bottom of the listing and...

quote:

The car was featured on the RegularCars YouTube channel in November 2021.

Well there you go.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Darchangel posted:

In practical use, how useful is the Twin Stick? I mean, it doesn’t appear necessary to us it during normal driving - no split-shifting, for example - so is it basically just used for overdrive on the highway?

Edit: I’m going by the video in the listing where the driver didn’t touch the second shifter at all, as far as I could tell.

It's practically AWESOME. Man I'd love to drive my little shitbox around like an overloaded Mack dumptruck.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

um excuse me posted:

The Mach E makes me so angry because it crosses perfectly my need to hate purism and my need to hate turning everything into an SUV, truck, or crossover.

They should have just called it the Taurus, resurrecting a long-dead but still familiar marquee that's been slapped onto a SUV once already.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

They should have called it the Shelby Cobra

Ok maybe that doesn’t make sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic