Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

feedmyleg posted:

You need to either read them in the voice of a southern farmer or an ancient wiseman.

Tossed off with the irritable isn't-it-obvious tone of Gandalf or Slartibartfast, with no follow-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

quote:

Death is but the beginning of the illness

:hmmrona:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

feedmyleg posted:

"A mouse only sees four of the seven sides of a square" is for sure my favorite. It's definitely something an enigmatic wizard would say to you. Am I the mouse??

You need to either read them in the voice of a southern farmer or an ancient wiseman.
Definitely something you start an esoteric cult up with.

Tenet 1: A mouse only sees four of the seven sides of a square
Tenet 2: A duck in the bread basket
Tenet 3: The crow of a raven can make Farmer Vincent's piglets give birth to franks

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Plant MONSTER. posted:

-If you like the taste of tobacco then you'll love the smell of it

:hmmyes:

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Nearly exhausting my list of existing malaphors, so I’ll gladly steal these.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

"A mouse only sees four of the seven sides of a square" is for sure my favorite. It's definitely something an enigmatic wizard would say to you. Am I the mouse??

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Plant MONSTER. posted:

-If you think you're tough, just wait until you see me twist your balls off.

This is like an ai dril tweet

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

"You won't get any younger doing that" is a great way to tell someone they're wasting time

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

venting about students thread mentioend making an autoreply to handle dumb questions.

GPT-3 does a good job

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/images_ai/status/1484289476792922113
:stare:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Hempuli posted:

Using neural networks and such to restore old film (from the OSHA thread):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO_1AdYRGW8
Gonna be that guy again and emphasise the difference between restoring and upscaling/colorizing

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

Splicer posted:

Gonna be that guy again and emphasise the difference between restoring and upscaling/colorizing

Yep. After doing this for awhile, it is very very hard to get colors right especially when it has to tell the difference between blues/greens. Plus footage/pictures were so horrible in quality and process, it's like trying to get a lifelike render of Jesus from his face on a piece of burned toast. That's what they had to do though back then and the burned toast metaphor, now that I think about it, is more apt; you are trying to burn something to perfection but the difference between one or two bursts of lighting powder (like from BTTF 2 ) is something people did not really think about/could do anything about.

I will argue, upscaling has some benefits with architecture and people (since a lot of models out there are trained on those particularly), but not with clothes or rocks/plant life.

It is a neat effect, but should not be taken as fact.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Splicer posted:

Yeah, fair point; I'm aware of that and should've used better wording there (and actually when watching the video I spent a bit of time looking at details to see if they'd "morph" in that way moving objects do when being hallucinated by an NN.

Have a markov-chained music festival lineup:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lmao at I Hate Journey

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Blandsome would be a pretty great name for an ironic acoustic radio rock boy band

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I want 36 crabs to be a factual description

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
the economy has really done a number on 2 girls 1 cup i see

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

feedmyleg posted:

Those are fantastic. To hop on board, curated from the total nonsense and the real idioms it kept spitting out:

Okay, look. Maybe it's because I'm stoned but some of these have some hidden brilliance.

42 is a real one, it means missing something obvious because you're focusing on details.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Elfface posted:

42 is a real one, it means missing something obvious because you're focusing on details.

The saying is "can't see the forest for the trees" so it's close but not exact.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

ultrafilter posted:

The saying is "can't see the forest for the trees" so it's close but not exact.

That's a British and American English distinction I believe, "wood" works as "forest"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Isn't it usually "woods" when it's not the material but a mass of trees? I don't recall hearing it in singular when speaking about a forest.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Wood and woods are both valid? Possibly not both in the same dialect.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I don't mean to turn it into a dialect debate, just never heard wood singular used for a forest. Where is it used?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Carthag Tuek posted:

I don't mean to turn it into a dialect debate, just never heard wood singular used for a forest. Where is it used?

I assuming its a British thing, because Winnie the Pooh lives in the Hundred Acre Wood.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I assuming its a British thing, because Winnie the Pooh lives in the Hundred Acre Wood.

Aha, that eventually led me to wiktionary where it says "In the sense of "a forested area", the singular generally refers to a discrete area of forest, while the plural is often used when a more vaguely defined area is meant." So I learned something. Thx yall

Anyway, in the spirit of the recent quotes thread derail:

quote:

List of second person plural pronouns

* Y'all
* Yinz
* You all
* You (and you can also say yīng)
* Yangyung
* Li'l Yangyang
* You (you can also call him chan, or kang if your feeling particularly daring)
* You (but please only if he's around to hear)
* You (you can also just call him tao, but that would be weird)

(I'll let Li'l Yangyang figure out how many I wrote and how many the AI wrote)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

You doesn't have to call him Johnson.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Kennel posted:

Couple of great reddit posts with good comments:

also:

Am reading through this thread now, ran across this post, and welp:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubSimulatorGPT2/comments/s64ofk/the_office_jim_is_a_sociopath/

The comments on this post are, predictably, completely insane.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ultrafilter posted:

You doesn't have to call him Johnson.

You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, or you can call me anything else, but if you do, I want you to know that I'm not a fan of being called 'that' by anyone else but my closest friends.
You could ask why that was important to know, but the short answer is because I'd rather not have people use my name when they don't even know who I am.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I used markov chains to generate new Robot Masters (using Mega Mans 1-11 as source material), then coded a simple image generator to make portraits for them (using Mega Mans 2-6 as source).

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hempuli posted:

I used markov chains to generate new Robot Masters (using Mega Mans 1-11 as source material), then coded a simple image generator to make portraits for them (using Mega Mans 2-6 as source).

Lmao, that's awesome.

Also a second lmao at FLAN

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

im def FRET MAN

also excellent job, Hempuli!

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Objurium posted:

lmao oh no

the site seems to have a real problem getting tupac right and its not because of the spelling :confused:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

HiroProtagonist posted:

the site seems to have a real problem getting tupac right and its not because of the spelling :confused:

i think its just some words hit harder on the weird internal weightings it has (like way more images of goths than 2pac, or whatever), but once in a while you get one that makes sense and other times it just goes hog wild in a strange direction you didnt anticipate

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

A young Nicolas Cage in the role of a lifetime

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Can't keep a good fleshfriend down

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

jesus gently caress, run :stonk:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Chloe Jessica posted:

jesus gently caress, run :stonk:

Extra spooky how her lenses show two different reflections.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

thisisnotarealkaren.com

creating a GAN model that does nothing but make Karen or Karenize people is a very real thing you can do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Captain Hygiene posted:

Can't keep a good fleshfriend down

fleshfriends is what everyone looks like when youre nok looking directly at them