Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Or the Silver Bullet if you want to be stylish.

Except for the Suppressor. Dude just give up the beam magnum, its not worth the arms constantly breaking.

I really like the magnum.

It's dumb, but it also gives Banagher so much more character that he's addicted to the thing. He gets into a Mobile Suit, he immediately tells the mechanics to find a way to let him use the biggest gun they have.

"Well, you could, if you had a whole rack of spare arms..."

"Yes. That sounds perfect. Make it happen."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's just so loving dumb though

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

It is. But that's why it's great.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gundam used to be a realistic series with battleship sized motorcycles and space pirate ships with beam sails. Once again unicorns writers throw it all away for their unrealistic nonsense

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

chiasaur11 posted:

It is. But that's why it's great.

Nah it hits that realm of Too Stupid imo.

An interquel manga has banagher piloting a mk. II with a big-rear end reinforced arm which is still stupid but acceptably so.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Gundam used to be a realistic series with battleship sized motorcycles and space pirate ships with beam sails. Once again unicorns writers throw it all away for their unrealistic nonsense

I just don't like being wasteful okay. Tires being mysteriously immune to beam weaponry is a whole other can of worms.

e: also the tires can fly somehow?? ha ha that rules

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 20, 2022

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Yinlock posted:

I just don't like being wasteful okay. Tires being mysteriously immune to beam weaponry is a whole other can of worms.

I mean, if we're talking waste, how many cutting edge prototype rifles did Amuro discard?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Yinlock posted:

An interquel manga has banagher piloting a mk. II with a big-rear end reinforced arm which is still stupid but acceptably so.

"Reinforced" in this context meaning they just welded an extra arm to the side.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Look, Zoltan couldn't even get two dumb guys looking for their car, he wasn't gonna do much.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Look, Zoltan couldn't even get two dumb guys looking for their car, he wasn't gonna do much.

"It's a Gundam!"

"Does it have a V-Fin?"

"No."

"THEN IT'S NOT A GUNDAM."

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

"It's a Gundam!"

"Does it have a V-Fin?"

"No."

Poor Gusion.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Dude where's my mobile suit?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Arc Hammer posted:

Or the Silver Bullet if you want to be stylish.

Except for the Suppressor. Dude just give up the beam magnum, its not worth the arms constantly breaking.

The next Build Fighters series needs to have a character use a unit based on the Silver Bullet Suppressor but instead of using the Beam Magnum they just use the extra arms to rocket punch people

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

drrockso20 posted:

The next Build Fighters series needs to have a character use a unit based on the Silver Bullet Suppressor but instead of using the Beam Magnum they just use the extra arms to rocket punch people

He still uses a beam magnum, but he just replaced the left arm with the Unicorn's so he can use all the right arms for rocket punching.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Was Build Divers Battleogue removed from youtube? I can't seem to find it. I guess it got removed around when they put up Gundam Breaker Battleogue to keep the results clean?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Yinlock posted:

Banagher doesn't want to kill people yet he keeps using the gun that fires shots so powerful that it blows up a mobile suit if the shot barely grazes it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Monaghan posted:

Banagher doesn't want to kill people yet he keeps using the gun that fires shots so powerful that it blows up a mobile suit if the shot barely grazes it.

"Even so, I love murder"

drrockso20 posted:

:agreed:

e: make them funnels and just beat the poo poo out of someone from a distance

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 21, 2022

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

"It's a Gundam!"

"Does it have a V-Fin?"

"No."

What about mustaches

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Monaghan posted:

I mean, no half measures, you know? If you're in an unfortunate situation where you gotta kill a motherfucker, you make sure he's proper dead.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Yinlock posted:

"Even so, I love murder"

:agreed:

e: make them funnels and just beat the poo poo out of someone from a distance

Finale needs to just be a recreation of the Shin Mazinger one;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-jOHiXwAUY

including the sudden twist ending that beating the villain just makes things even worse

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Monaghan posted:

Banagher in Narrative is likely at the full end-of-Destiny-Kira-Yamato stage where he doesn't like killing people but if you interfere with his dearest princess's plans for peace then you're going to have to die.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

Banagher in Narrative is likely at the full end-of-Destiny-Kira-Yamato stage where he doesn't like killing people but if you interfere with his dearest princess's plans for peace then you're going to have to die.

Yeah, Banagher at the end of Narrative is explicitly at the "I don't want to kill but I have accepted that I need to fight to protect people" stage.

The Silver Bullet Suppressor though is just so incredibly remarkably stupid. There are a dozen solutions in the UC alone that could work and provide a less insanely dumb image. The aforementioned reinforced arm, a separate firing platform, some variation of Full Armor designed to compensate for the recoil, gently caress just stick it in a lovely mobile armor whose sole purpose is to make the unit not die. Anything that isn't "We need to literally create a new arm for every time this machine fires and also that arm has to attach mid-battle to the existing frame."

Christ they jury rigged the Unicorn Full Armor from poo poo they had lying around and that was better designed.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Frankly they'd probably get just as good results if they had modified it to be able to use the Doven Wolf beam launcher and use that instead of the Beam Magnum

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Yinlock posted:

The whole system just seems too wildly impractical for me. I keep waiting for the enemy MS to just get tangled in the wires and snap them in half or something.

IIRC in the SEED manga Mwu uses the gunbarrel wires on the moebius zero to tangle up the providence so Kira can shoot him at least

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

Frankly they'd probably get just as good results if they had modified it to be able to use the Doven Wolf beam launcher and use that instead of the Beam Magnum

but then it wouldn't be as iconic, nothing is more important to banagher than his Brand

e: alternatively, it's the only rifle he knows how to actually use and he refuses to learn how to fire a different one. his girlfriend is funding them, who's gonna tell him otherwise.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jan 21, 2022

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

ManSedan posted:

INCOMs are cool as hell but I never understood the little hinges on the wires. Most likely the MS would be zipping all over the place, wouldn’t that be yanking the wires all about? I haven’t seen Narrative but I remember in Unicorn the Silver Bullet uses them while stationary.

Presumably the MS isn't zipping all over the place but stationary (and hiding to control the INCOMs well) or coasting. It's just a relic of them conceptually emulating bit/funnels conducting all-range attacks. In theory the hinges would let you more gracefully use an INCOM around an obstacle because the wire is unobstructed and is not tangling up with anything. In practice combat is often too fast to use INCOMs much more than an additional set of beam guns.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Yinlock posted:

The tires on Duker Iq's designs are basically gigantic shields daubed in anti-beam coating. They're weirdly practical for how bizarre they look.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

The tires on Duker Iq's designs are basically gigantic shields daubed in anti-beam coating. They're weirdly practical for how bizarre they look.

yeah there's enough thought put into how they work that I can't dismiss them offhand like I can the suppressor

I still cannot take them even remotely seriously, but I can respect the effort that went into them.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Duker Iq in a nutshell.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Yinlock posted:

but then it wouldn't be as iconic, nothing is more important to banagher than his Brand

e: alternatively, it's the only rifle he knows how to actually use and he refuses to learn how to fire a different one. his girlfriend is funding them, who's gonna tell him otherwise.

I think he just has a Sledge Hammer style love for that gun. Mineva had to talk him down from installing a loudener.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

chiasaur11 posted:

I think he just has a Sledge Hammer style love for that gun. Mineva had to talk him down from installing a loudener.

'And this is for shooting down Garudas.'

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

chiasaur11 posted:

I think he just has a Sledge Hammer style love for that gun.

jackhunter64 posted:

'And this is for shooting down Garudas.'

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jan 21, 2022

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Argas posted:

Presumably the MS isn't zipping all over the place but stationary (and hiding to control the INCOMs well) or coasting. It's just a relic of them conceptually emulating bit/funnels conducting all-range attacks. In theory the hinges would let you more gracefully use an INCOM around an obstacle because the wire is unobstructed and is not tangling up with anything. In practice combat is often too fast to use INCOMs much more than an additional set of beam guns.

Yeah, the deal is the hinges keep the wires in a set place because they have little thrusters and poo poo on them so they don't get tangled and messed up.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The weird tire stuff works because Duker Iq is an insane mad scientist who loves biking.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

MonsieurChoc posted:

The weird tire stuff works because Duker Iq is an insane mad scientist who loves biking.

Duker Iq is a drat 40k Ork. It works because he believes it will, and also red makes it faster.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

A robot with a gun so strong it blows its own arm off so it has to have replacement arms is sick as hell no matter how dumb it is

The only likable character trait Banagher has is his fascination with the sexy monster that is the beam magnum

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

“Uh uh. I know what you’re thinking. “Did he use six arms or only five?” Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a Beam Magnum, the most powerful beamgun in the Earth Sphere and would blow your head clean off, you’ve gotta ask yourself one question: “Do I feel lucky?” Well, do ya, punk?”

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I wouldn't even call him insane, just quirky. The stuff he builds looks bizarre, but it's incredibly practical and effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

both banagher and the suppressor are good, if it weren't for 30 having the c-packs or had that bit of dialogue about the hi nu having been fixed up with unicorn bits i would've totally kept him in it but the boy gotta get reunited with his old suit somehow