Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

kazil posted:

Get this, there are two groups of survivors! You're group are the good guys, the other group are the mean bad guys! The bad guys have what you need, so you gotta fight them to get it!

People in your group make the dumbest possible decisions and end up dead!

It's the same plot as literally every zombie media ever.

All it needs is "it turns out humans are the real monsters".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
whoa dogg the sequel isn't even out yet and you're posting spoilers

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
A video game having as many words as a long novel makes me think that the game has a normal amount of words in it. Narrative games tend to have a lot of writing. The dialogue, notes you find, incidental dialogue, it all adds up to generally be way longer than a novel.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I kinda loved the protagonist though. Somehow American Ezio really managed to surpass "stupid as poo poo" into "himbo" territory. By the end, I was like "well of course he made this dumbass decision, bless his heart."

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dr. Stab posted:

A video game having as many words as a long novel makes me think that the game has a normal amount of words in it. Narrative games tend to have a lot of writing. The dialogue, notes you find, incidental dialogue, it all adds up to generally be way longer than a novel.

Yeah, I was thinking that if you're trying to talk up how much story there is, that's actually not that much writing for an entire game.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Anna Karenina, but 2/3rds of it is procedurally generated quest text.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
I liked the writing/setting for a number of the side missions in Dying Light, but the main plot was p blech

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/musicstruggles1/status/1484522270668341251

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

kazil posted:

Anna Karenina, but 2/3rds of it is procedurally generated quest text.

all dialogue replaced by THE PLANET'S DYIN' CLOUD

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

kazil posted:

Get this, there are two groups of survivors! You're group are the good guys, the other group are the mean bad guys! The bad guys have what you need, so you gotta fight them to get it!

People in your group make the dumbest possible decisions and end up dead!

It's the same plot as literally every zombie media ever.

This actually seems generic enough to be stupid but entirely inoffensive. If you start with the bad guys and defect to the good guys this is just every action game since 2002.

Acute Grill has a new favorite as of 23:52 on Jan 21, 2022

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Perhaps the real monsters were the friends we made along the way.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

EL BROMANCE posted:

Good thing the selling point in the new game is just how much of that writing there is then!
I mean it's a selling point, not at all the main one. But they're basically trumpeting about every single aspect of the game by this point. They definitely aren't focusing on the writing as a pitch, but they did spare a couple tweets and all they could come up with to compliment their own writing is "there's a lot of it" so yeah, bad sign.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Splicer posted:

I got dying light to play a fun parkour game and 45 minutes in I finally hit the babby's first parkour section and then got dumped back into yet another corridor and then I refunded it.

yes but that post was discussing the new Halo campaign

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Memento posted:

yes but that post was discussing the new Halo campaign

tbh that was my experience with halo infinite

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

That was already Dead Island.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/mockign/status/1484145186246922243?s=21

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

That guy is serious and part of a big problem in South Korean politics https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/01/world/asia/south-korea-men-anti-feminists.html

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
You'll never guess what the replies are!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Splicer posted:

You'll never guess what the replies are!

yeah old mate telling on himself about his small dick is one thing but the quote retweets especially are full of racism

except one that I saw that has been deleted now with someone posting a picture of their incredibly large cock next to their phone with that tweet on the screen

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
Oh I was accidentally looking at replies to the fry tweet and it was all brands wanting a fry.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I don't want a fry I want a small penis. Alas I am cursed with a massive hog.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Push El Burrito posted:

I don't want a fry I want a small penis. Alas I am cursed with a massive hog.

im sure someone can lend you theirs

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Memento posted:

yeah old mate telling on himself about his small dick is one thing but the quote retweets especially are full of racism

except one that I saw that has been deleted now with someone posting a picture of their incredibly large cock next to their phone with that tweet on the screen

lmao

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Memento posted:

Fuckin hell dude invites the easiest low-effort dunk imaginable and twitter still has to resort to insane racism.

Guys I’m starting to think racists might just be kinda lovely people

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Mx. posted:

wait

isnt copying the ape jpg from its original source to twitters servers funging the token

You can't just go around funging tokens, man.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
So warning, video is 2 Hours long, don't click it of you don't have the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_xWvX1n9g

Dan here went into a deep dive on NFTs, but also cryptocurrency in general. It is a pretty good show case of how stupid and cult like the whole thing is.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

The stupidest and worst person I know personally went into a whole rant the other day about how NFTs are a sign of people not knowing how to spend their money (because everyone but him is a moron, you see) and a sign of the coming inflation disaster, but ALSO he bemoaned the fact that he had been too late to get into it himself.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

RoboRodent posted:

The stupidest and worst person I know personally went into a whole rant the other day about how NFTs are a sign of people not knowing how to spend their money (because everyone but him is a moron, you see) and a sign of the coming inflation disaster, but ALSO he bemoaned the fact that he had been too late to get into it himself.

That's not necessarily contradictory, if you get in early enough on a Ponzi scheme you can make money

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Piell posted:

That's not necessarily contradictory, if you get in early enough on a Ponzi scheme you can make money

yeah, the reason those scams take off is because early adopters do actually make money.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Anora posted:

So warning, video is 2 Hours long, don't click it of you don't have the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_xWvX1n9g

Dan here went into a deep dive on NFTs, but also cryptocurrency in general. It is a pretty good show case of how stupid and cult like the whole thing is.

Fun fact: today's cryptocurrency crash (as opposed to the crash from a few days ago, or from a few days before that, or--) happened about two hours after this two hour video was posted.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Okay, so there's people who genuinely treat crypto as an investment vehicle, some of them make money at it and some of them lose money at it, but like 80% or higher of crypto transactions are either ponzi schemes or money laundering, right?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Skwirl posted:

Okay, so there's people who genuinely treat crypto as an investment vehicle, some of them make money at it and some of them lose money at it, but like 80% or higher of crypto transactions are either ponzi schemes or money laundering, right?

Yes. It's just people funneling money between themselves, while grifters try to get in on it.
https://mobile.twitter.com/emollick/status/1465505077083389960

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The little single hug emoji really makes it

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

RoboRodent posted:

Oh hey I didn't know you were there when I was saying all that

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1484232392676192257

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

dude doesn't have a closet and can't take pictures of things he owns

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
To add an extra layer of stupid on to that tweet, modetn sneakers will literally disintegrate if they are not regularly worn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean that.. is entirely consistent with people who buy expensive trainers as a fashion statement, the primary purpose is to flaunt them to other people, so it doesn't actually matter if it's actual shoes or just a very expensive certificate, as long as it lets you feel special lording it over other people.