Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

PowerBeard posted:

I think it's a performance thing, since so many GAA and Rugby players don't want to get jabbed. Or the rumour of ED.

GAA and Rugby players could do with a bit of Erectile Dysfunction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Ironic since COVID is actually causing erectile dysfunction

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i wouldn't care if i got erectile dysfunction, i'd just do another activity like reading or watching television or going on the computer instead

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
They heard the vaccines might mess with cognition for a little while and assumed it'd gently caress with whatever organ they usually think with

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I prefer to think of it as erectile new game plus.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

crispix posted:

i wouldn't care if i got erectile dysfunction, i'd just do another activity like reading or watching television or going on the computer instead

I mostly just do those things to achieve an erection as well

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
can't say antiques roadshow does that for me but w/e

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
*me finishing my 5th pint and 3rd red bullshit mixer at post match drinks* I heard that the pfizer is bad for your thinking and makes your cock go soft, I won't be letting it anywhere near me.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

crispix posted:

can't say antiques roadshow does that for me but w/e

https://youtu.be/0ipZXYKeoqs

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What are you all doing with your new-found freedoms today? I might go to a restaurant and stay until 8:30 :smug:

I went to a café. There were a bunch of teenagers wearing all black with greasy hair and greasy faces taking up all the big tables, obviously sitting around for hours, conversation exhausted and ordering nothing, with the owner of the place not caring about it a bit. It reminded me that no matter what situation you find yourself, no matter our troubles, there'll always be a small bit of normality somewhere.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That was me 😈😈😈

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/22/two-men-take-corpse-into-irish-post-office-to-claim-dead-mans-pension

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
That was definitely me if you happened to fall into a timewarp to the Gingerbread Cafe, Paul Street, Cork 1997-2002.

(The teenage goth thing, not the corpse desecration)

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I cannot believe they just carried the corpse into the post office. They'd probably have gotten away with it of they'd used a wheelchair, but no, they hoicked a two days dead corpse into a little shop and though putting a coat and mask on it would suffice.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
And they just hosed the body onto the floor, like that's your one big piece of evidence right there.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Shoehead posted:

I'm in work all day and then I have to go see the missuseseses da and his partner in Kildare.

Christ, Lads

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Perfectly normal posting, post restrictions!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Shoehead posted:

Christ, Lads
That bad, eh?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Failed Imagineer posted:

That was definitely me if you happened to fall into a timewarp to the Gingerbread Cafe, Paul Street, Cork 1997-2002.

(The teenage goth thing, not the corpse desecration)

Ah those were the good days :allears: I miss the Gingerbread Cafe, especially the hot donut stand outside on a bitterly cold day. Now there’s just a bottleneck of wanky restaurant tables there and no space for people to walk by without getting pushed into the wall

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Ah those were the good days :allears: I miss the Gingerbread Cafe, especially the hot donut stand outside on a bitterly cold day. Now there’s just a bottleneck of wanky restaurant tables there and no space for people to walk by without getting pushed into the wall

Never colder than a windy city centre with only a paper thin band hoodie and a wallet chain for warmth

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i really hate streets being cluttered up with stuff, it's a hazard :mad:

no thought for wheelchair users and blind people and people w/ bas in buggies

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i always glare in at the offending establishment that's filled the street with tat :mad: like that, such a glare as they've never had, since the last time i walked past

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
like when my back's bad and i'm on the crutch, there, i know there are some streets i can't go down for fear of being knocked over because people have been left with single-file space to walk through BASTARDS JUST BASTARDS :mad:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Last GE a blind guy asked for my help getting to the polling station since it was down an unfamiliar street and suddenly noticing all the obstacles lined up down every pavement was quite shocking. It wasn't even a bin day!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Failed Imagineer posted:

Never colder than a windy city centre with only a paper thin band hoodie and a wallet chain for warmth

Ah the heady days of wearing bootleg Metallica shirts you bought from the guy that sold them on O’Connell Bridge during your occasional trip to Dublin for a concert in the RDS

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Cork city street paths are woeful.
Outside of the central city streets, they degrade until they may as well be Krypton Factor assault courses.
Some streets don't have the same style of path for more than 2 metres.
And after that there's the strategically placed dog poo poo.

I think there is someone who delights in walking in dog poo poo as there can't be that many accidental smears every day.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Driving around cork city a few years ago was a hellish experience. Criss-crossing the bridges all day arghhh

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

happyhippy posted:

Cork city street paths are woeful.
Outside of the central city streets, they degrade until they may as well be Krypton Factor assault courses.
Some streets don't have the same style of path for more than 2 metres.
And after that there's the strategically placed dog poo poo.

I think there is someone who delights in walking in dog poo poo as there can't be that many accidental smears every day.

The sheer amount of pedestrianised streets now that are entirely taken up with outdoor dining areas makes it nearly impossible to walk around safely (are we still supposed to be social distancing? If so, how the gently caress do we do that when there's barely a meter of space to walk between table awnings and building walls?) I've found that since restaurants started reopening that I've had to strategically plan out which streets I'm going down ahead of time to ensure I'll actually be able to make it through them without being shoved off the footpath by too many pedestrians bunched up, restaurant tables taking up all the space, and Deliveroo cyclists being dicks by cycling on the loving footpath instead of in the much wider bicycle lane right next to the footpath.

Wanna walk straight from South Mall to Paul Street? Yep, you gotta go down Marlboro Street, segway onto Princes Street, then down St Peter and Paul Place to not meet any obstacles or have to dance your way around the 75% of street being taken up with giant picnic tables outside the Thomond Bar, or the 50% of Cook Street that's just plain inaccessible with the slow dismantling of the Victoria Hotel that's been happening for what feels like 10 years now

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
if you want a city with well organised roads and streets you want milton keynes, but the problem then is that you're in milton keynes

the keith of towns

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Caoít Staighmór

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bedshaped posted:

Caoít Staighmór

If you went for "Staigmór" it would mean something like "Supergrass", appropriate for the former DPP

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/jasonomahony/status/1485448041394061314

time for another two decades of austerity so we can afford another warship lads

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
What's Denmark fighting the entire Irish Naval Service over?

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

gonadic io posted:

https://twitter.com/jasonomahony/status/1485448041394061314

time for another two decades of austerity so we can afford another warship lads

Almost as if being an island at the arse-end of Europe has strategic advantages (that is, once the dipshits on the neighboring island have been contained).

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The context of this is "the Russians are doing naval live-fire exercises 240 KM south-west of Ireland" and he thinks we should be able to fight the whole drat Russian navy.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Guavanaut posted:

Father Ted for stealing their eurovision song for My Lovely Horse.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

They hosed us out of the Euro qualifiers, reason enough

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Think yesterday was the first day in two years I can remember that RTÉ didn’t report covid numbers on the front page of their homepage.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
well it's zero because there's no testing and covid is over, didn't you hear

quote:

he said “we have weathered the Omicron storm” but accepted the lifting of measures will likely cause a rise in infections in the short term but added that he was confident impact will be limited.

He confirmed that some supports would remain in place for businesses.

“You did what you were asked to do,” he said and told the country “your collective efforts have saved thousands of lives”.

He said he had spoken to Ireland on “many dark days” but said: “today is a good day.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Found the cause of the Dano-Hibernian naval conflict.

https://twitter.com/francisfoley/status/1485560267333410819

If you leave your door unlocked a big Danish ship will get in WITHOUT YOU ACTUALLY SEEING IT.