Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
let's do major reform of the lords except make it as minor, inconsequential, and moralist as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
The lords should be made up of the champions of various sports/competitions, from chess to MMA to LoL.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The lords should be made up of the champions of various sports/competitions, from chess to MMA to LoL.
this should also be their lord name

chess lord, mma lord, fox hunting lord

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

90s Cringe Rock posted:

this should also be their lord name

chess lord, mma lord, fox hunting lord
that's just common sense

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/RhonddaBryant/status/1484920886125805574

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lets see Putin wiggle his way out of this jam.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I know it probably won't escalate that far but it's very unnerving all the same to hear so many centrist types make extremely prelude-to-WW1 noises about fighting Putin over Ukraine. Has everyone just forgotten what nuclear bombs are and why there were no direct conflicts between the great powers since they were invented?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

wow she’s legit vapid

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

No Dignity posted:

I know it probably won't escalate that far but it's very unnerving all the same to hear so many centrist types make extremely prelude-to-WW1 noises about fighting Putin over Ukraine. Has everyone just forgotten what nuclear bombs are and why there were no direct conflicts between the great powers since they were invented?
ah, the hiroshima hoax

and those russians'll fold when they run into some stout army lads with fixed bayonets

we have a carrier

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

No Dignity posted:

yes but have you considered that with the full might of Brexit, the UK is unstoppable

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

No Dignity posted:

the uk press/politicians are so loving horny for a good war didn't you see their reaction to somebody else pulling out of afghanistan. nobody ask how long or why we'd pulled out please.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

No Dignity posted:

https://twitter.com/poppy_haze/status/1485484742233501696?s=20

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gonadic io posted:

the uk press/politicians are so loving horny for a good war didn't you see their reaction to somebody else pulling out of afghanistan. nobody ask how long or why we'd pulled out please.

has there been any furthering of the theory that the brits accidentally enabled the airport bomber

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
The Russians won't even notice our army on their way to Kiev

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

keep punching joe posted:

Lets see Putin wiggle his way out of this jam.

(Putin effortlessly wiggles his way out of the jam.)
ah well. nevertheless,

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Venomous posted:

nb: Yes Minister is an incredibly Tory show and Thatcher loved it

nevertheless, this clip remains true to this day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGscoaUWW2M

thanks for this, I’ll be sure to check out the sun

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

thanks for this, I’ll be sure to check out the sun

You're in for a disappointment

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
is there anything millennials won't cancel*

*: via the means of an astroturfed fake campaign that allowed the sun to grudgingly cut something without its base being mad at them

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

You're in for a disappointment

I’m in the UK, think that goes without saying

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i say swears online posted:

has there been any furthering of the theory that the brits accidentally enabled the airport bomber

no but they found the baby some american gi just punted onto the street when no one was looking

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
In a sane world this should mean something.

https://twitter.com/vivamjm/status/1485390778444701702?s=20

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

The idiots in Washington think that Putin will back down too.

I feel for Ukraine, it sucks poo poo to have a psycho neighbor who doesn't mind kicking your door down when it suits them (see also: Mexico, Ireland).

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Zeroisanumber posted:

I feel for Ukraine, it sucks poo poo to have a psycho neighbor who doesn't mind kicking your door down when it suits them (see also: Mexico, Ireland).

lol the anglosphere are the only ones thinking Russia is going to invade. even ukraine is going “wtf you talking about”

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Zeroisanumber posted:

Ukraine was told that it would be totally respected if they destroyed the nukes the'd inherited from the collapse of the USSR. Turns out that was a bunch of empty words and if Ukraine wanted to be left alone it should have stayed a nuclear state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapons_and_Ukraine#Budapest_Memorandum

quote:

On December 5, 1994 the leaders of Ukraine, Russia, Britain and the United States signed a memorandum to provide Ukraine with security assurances in connection with its accession to the NPT as a non-nuclear weapon state.

This is a lesson learned by North Korea and being hammered home in Iran. If you want the big boys to leave you the gently caress alone, you gotta get your hands on some nukes.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

This is crushingly depressing.
Also hilarious.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

This is so embarrassing. No one ever respects a bootlick, and to lick America's boots of all things. We're a pack of dangerous and stupid people and shouldn't be respected, much less given the Smithers treatment.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Zeroisanumber posted:

This is so embarrassing. No one ever respects a bootlick, and to lick America's boots of all things. We're a pack of dangerous and stupid people and shouldn't be respected, much less given the Smithers treatment.

"I am very powerful nation", says country who is one Rolls-Royce away from complete economic irrelevance

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

The benefit of Brexit for the US is that, uhh, the UK can't push the US agenda at EU level anymore. Uhm, uhh, right, moving on.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the benefit to the us is that they are going to inflict the monstrous us health insurance industry on the uk once the ongoing destruction of the nhs wraps up.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Allowing the British army to run in and get hosed by Russians might calm every party in the conflict down, Vlad will have a big belly laugh and head home, Ukraine can relax, EU will def enjoy it, rest of NATO will have hazing material for generations... really no downsides.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Britain has no independent ability to project force abroad and any assistance we provide to Ukraine will be entirely token. It's just that appearing on the news looking very Serious and Grownup and gravely holding forth on Britain's international credibility and the need to send a "strong message" etc etc is incredibly important to centrist weirdos for some reason.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
I swear food goes off quicker? I wonder if that's a supply chain thing, the amount of times I've gotten home with something for the fridge or a home delivery item and realized I had a day or two to eat it when I was expecting a week.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Grape posted:

Allowing the British army to run in and get hosed by Russians might calm every party in the conflict down, Vlad will have a big belly laugh and head home, Ukraine can relax, EU will def enjoy it, rest of NATO will have hazing material for generations... really no downsides.

I'm only an idiot on the Internet but I think they'll just supply (US) equipment to the friendly Ukranians while Putin continues to supply Russian equipment to the bad Ukranians. Then we'll all watch while the poor bastards blow each other to bits.

In a couple years time Hollywood will start making movies about how sad it is that all the innocent people got murdered.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm gonna need a body language expert to explain that powerful stance.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I'm gonna need a body language expert to explain that powerful stance.

he’s moonwalking

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Pistol_Pete posted:

Britain has no independent ability to project force abroad and any assistance we provide to Ukraine will be entirely token. It's just that appearing on the news looking very Serious and Grownup and gravely holding forth on Britain's international credibility and the need to send a "strong message" etc etc is incredibly important to centrist weirdos for some reason.
You seem to be ignoring the fact that British special forces are training their embassy staff in the use of anti-tank weaponry?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

A Buttery Pastry posted:

You seem to be ignoring the fact that British special forces are training their embassy staff in the use of anti-tank weaponry?

didn’t realise clogging up the tracks with mushed up secretaries counted

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Jel Shaker posted:

didn’t realise clogging up the tracks with mushed up secretaries counted

Tank man.jpg except its actually happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Jose posted:

if you want an actual paper you're out of luck. private eye has some good actual investigative stuff that goes nowhere

I canceled my Private Eye sub because of this. Every issue packed full of incompetence, corruption and crime that nobody could or would do anything about. It was making me angry and depressed. I'd rather just not know.