Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Cleretic posted:

I still want to find out if the entire world uses the Astral/Umbral Era system of dating.

...especially if it turns out Dalmasca's looking at Eorzea and going 'oh, yeah, the Garleans dropping a dragon on you that ran amok for about ten minutes must've been HORRIBLE, definitely worth calling it an earth-shaking Calamity and resetting the calendar, by the way have you seen the Bozjan capital?'

To be fair, the Bozjan Capital was blown up by the Meteor Project and is in fact part of the Moon falling, because it was an attempt to draw the energy of Dalamud (and involved already being tempered by Bahamut).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Cleretic posted:

I still want to find out if the entire world uses the Astral/Umbral Era system of dating.

...especially if it turns out Dalmasca's looking at Eorzea and going 'oh, yeah, the Garleans dropping a dragon on you that ran amok for about ten minutes must've been HORRIBLE, definitely worth calling it an earth-shaking Calamity and resetting the calendar, by the way have you seen the Bozjan capital?'
This is making me imagine an uncharitably written Bozjan NPC who will constantly compare all our past adventures to the the fall of the Bozjan capital.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
If nothing else, Ishgard will probably stay frosty longer than Bozja stays trashed.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Are people who played in 1.0 only 8/14ths since they got teleported to the future before the 7th rejoining happened?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Nessus posted:

This is making me imagine an uncharitably written Bozjan NPC who will constantly compare all our past adventures to the the fall of the Bozjan capital.

I'm now imagining this guy as essentially being the mirror to the Wandering Minstrel for a trial or raid series. Instead of dramaticizing your tale, the Extreme trials are all him hearing our story and going 'oh yeah, must've been REAL fuckin' hard, but let me tell you what a real battle is like'.

For extra comedy, have him also be the contact for the Bozja Ultimate I assume we'll eventually get, and it's framed as him talking up how hard all these fights were without knowing we were actually there for those.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Machai posted:

If there was a nation of horse people they would be up in the thousands of Astral eras because every time they see an ant counts as a calamity.

Oh poor ol' Freckletopian society, thought of ants and collapsed

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Cleretic posted:

I'm now imagining this guy as essentially being the mirror to the Wandering Minstrel for a trial or raid series. Instead of dramaticizing your tale, the Extreme trials are all him hearing our story and going 'oh yeah, must've been REAL fuckin' hard, but let me tell you what a real battle is like'.

For extra comedy, have him also be the contact for the Bozja Ultimate I assume we'll eventually get, and it's framed as him talking up how hard all these fights were without knowing we were actually there for those.

I don't think we're getting Bozja Ultimate. Specifically because the pattern for Ultimates seems pretty set and has a logic to it. Raid Ultimate, then Trial Ultimate. Bahamut, then Ultima, then Alexander, then Thordan/Dragonsong War. Following this pattern would lead to Omega, then Shinryu (which admittedly could be the same fight and the Trial Ultimate becomes Tsukuyomi and the Four Lords), Gaia, then Hades, who knows, then Endsinger.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh man, the thought of Endsinger Ultimate is really appealing. I know it's not that complicated of a mechanic in practice, but smashing planets together and blowing them up just looks and feels really cool.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
The same end, again and again.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The ultimates always bring in a bunch of relevant bosses so I'm a little curious who Endsinger's groupies would be. Hermes? ...Zenos?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

cheetah7071 posted:

The ultimates always bring in a bunch of relevant bosses so I'm a little curious who Endsinger's groupies would be. Hermes? ...Zenos?

Hydaelyn and Zodiark. Zenos definitely. Hermes/Amon/Fandaniel in some capacity.

Since Ultima the Ultimates have had a "musical" name which continues with Thordan (kind of). The Weapon's Refrain, The Epic of Alexander, The Dragonsong War.

To that extent it could be the Dirge of the Final Days (Ultimate) and thus include Hydaelyn/Zodiark and the actual Blasphemies as well.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

cheetah7071 posted:

Maybe Ra-la? Or some blasphemies? The First Beast showing up would be pretty cool, come to think of it.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

No way they wouldn't do some kind of Rejoined Zodiark in the ultimate version of Endwalker story bosses

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Chillgamesh posted:

No way they wouldn't do some kind of Rejoined Zodiark in the ultimate version of Endwalker story bosses

Oh absolutely, the first part would definitely be actual factual martyr to the world final days Zodiark, when you beat him he gets sundered by Hydaelyn.

I'm honestly shocked the actual EX Zodiark doesn't include Zodiark Completed as a second phase.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

I don't think we're getting Bozja Ultimate. Specifically because the pattern for Ultimates seems pretty set and has a logic to it. Raid Ultimate, then Trial Ultimate. Bahamut, then Ultima, then Alexander, then Thordan/Dragonsong War. Following this pattern would lead to Omega, then Shinryu (which admittedly could be the same fight and the Trial Ultimate becomes Tsukuyomi and the Four Lords), Gaia, then Hades, who knows, then Endsinger.

I mean we have only 3 Ulitmates to go off of and a title with no other details of a fourth. There aren't any rules they have to follow; if they think that Bozja or the Weapons would make a better fight than Hades or whatever they could absolutely do that.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
You could just do a Fandaniel Ultimate for how many times we fought him. Syrcus Amon, Aitiascope Amon, Aitiasvope Amon, Hermes, Zodiark. Fit in an Out in the Cold reference somewhere.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If they do break the pattern, I think it'd be neat to have a Lightbringers (ultimate) with Vauthry and Titania headlining, and then an Ascians (ultimate) with Zodiark and Emet-Selch headlining

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

If they do break the pattern, I think it'd be neat to have a Lightbringers (ultimate) with Vauthry and Titania headlining, and then an Ascians (ultimate) with Zodiark and Emet-Selch headlining

Yeah, I'd honestly rather see something like those than Titan round 7 in an Eden fight.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
My unironic hope for an Ultimate, even if I'd never do it, is a Historical Superbosses Ultimate.

Probably in the Stormblood Ultimates cycle, because Stormblood alone offered up Shinryu, Omega, Yiazmat, (Proto-)Ozma and Absolute Virtue.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Cleretic posted:

My unironic hope for an Ultimate, even if I'd never do it, is a Historical Superbosses Ultimate.

Probably in the Stormblood Ultimates cycle, because Stormblood alone offered up Shinryu, Omega, Yiazmat, (Proto-)Ozma and Absolute Virtue.

This would rule.

My personal pet encounter that would never get added is Divine Might from FFXI but with the Cardinal Virtues and a CV-ified Ardbert. I just envision it as an Extreme though

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

WrightOfWay posted:

I mean we have only 3 Ulitmates to go off of and a title with no other details of a fourth. There aren't any rules they have to follow; if they think that Bozja or the Weapons would make a better fight than Hades or whatever they could absolutely do that.

We know that it includes Thordan and Nidhogg, they've outright said as much.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Cleretic posted:

I may be misremembering, but I think it is confirmed in one of the Lore Books that each major part of the world uses its own dating system. the Astral/Umbral era is specifically an Eorzean Scholar calendar/school of thought.

I could be completely misremembering that, though.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

DanielCross posted:

I may be misremembering, but I think it is confirmed in one of the Lore Books that each major part of the world uses its own dating system. the Astral/Umbral era is specifically an Eorzean Scholar calendar/school of thought.

I couldn't remember exactly where I saw it but I definitely remember reading that in game too.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Surfacage continues their comics.
https://twitter.com/surfacage/status/1485747296663109635?t=baZRqkUpfp_m_mSh7xu6xA&s=19
https://twitter.com/surfacage/status/1485750475345776643?t=CKzqx9LrsfCWt3JHSjzwyQ&s=19

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

DanielCross posted:

Veev posted:

I couldn't remember exactly where I saw it but I definitely remember reading that in game too.
Like I said it's in the opening movie:

Hydaelyn -

a vibrant planet blessed by the light of the Crystal.

Amid azure seas, encompassing the westernmost of the three great continents,

there lies a realm embraced by gods and forged by heroes. Her name...Eorzea.

The annals of Eorzean history chart the rise of a succession of great civilizations, each one enjoying an age of peace - the Astral eras

To date, all have proven ephemeral.

Could be mentioned elsewhere too of course, but the scope was set even back then.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

So... wait, do we even know who Elidibus made his promise to? I feel like I've seen people be really confident, but also inconsistent amongst themselves.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/slimyhipster/status/1485765106776649729?s=21

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I want a Four Lords ultimate, because I want to actually fight Kohryu and not just have everyone stick a new cork on the bottle and part themselves on the back.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
kohryu explodes the warrior of light
tataru summons a new warrior of light after kohryu is resealed and everyone present agrees not to talk about it again

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

DPS check where you beat up tenzen before he steals your kill

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

if tezen doesn't at least threaten to use cosmic elucidation I'll quit raiding

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Steelion posted:

I want a Four Lords ultimate, because I want to actually fight Kohryu and not just have everyone stick a new cork on the bottle and part themselves on the back.

Four Lords was great but the ending was the weakest part for the reason you mentioned.

At least let us try to fight the Angry Horse. If only as a RP trial.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 25, 2022

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Unlucky7 posted:

Four Lords was great but the ending was the weakest part for the reason you mentioned.

For real.
We beat the embodiment of nihilistic despair at the edge of the universe, I think we can handle a pissed off demon horse.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Unlucky7 posted:

They didn't even make a model for it, it was just the Kirin mount model not even recolored

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wow, the creature with blue head-wings has a fanatical obsession with death? Who could've--

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

In a completely blink-and-you-miss-it thing, you get to meet Papalymo's dad in a side quest. Poor guy doesn't even get a name.

(I know it's Grandpapalymo though)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fister Roboto posted:

In a completely blink-and-you-miss-it thing, you get to meet Papalymo's dad in a side quest. Poor guy doesn't even get a name.

(I know it's Grandpapalymo though)

Yeah, when I realized who that was, I had to do an :aaaaa:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

the_steve posted:

Yeah, when I realized who that was, I had to do an :aaaaa:

Yeah for me it was "huh that guy looks kinda like Papalymo" and then I started speedclicking through the text. I only stopped because I spotted Louisoix, otherwise I would have completely missed it.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
You can also meet Thancred's mentor, sort of, in another side-quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

:smith: