Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

banjo kazooie is better than mario 64

This is how I felt as a kid and I am looking forward to seeing how right or wrong I was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Bleck posted:

Manufacturing conflict helps some people feel good about themselves.

perhaps the same could be said of all religions . . .

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Can you hide games in the emulator apps? Some of that poo poo I don’t even want to look at. It’s a dumb, picky problem because they’re already bunched down at the bottom of my list. But a ton of the third party stuff is just poo poo.

This is god’s perfect system and I don’t want these false prophets anywhere near the saints.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Johnny Joestar posted:

spyro 1-3 own and the remasters are amazing, i'm sad the devs of them got absorbed into the activision clusterfuck
They are really well done. They were already owned by Activision though. The recent change is that they moved over to Blizzard to work on Diablo II and Diablo IV.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Fly Ricky posted:

Can you hide games in the emulator apps? Some of that poo poo I don’t even want to look at. It’s a dumb, picky problem because they’re already bunched down at the bottom of my list. But a ton of the third party stuff is just poo poo.

This is god’s perfect system and I don’t want these false prophets anywhere near the saints.

a switch without Jelly Boy is no switch at all

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

banjo is good but it's not even close to as fun to play as mario 64. movement in mario is lightyears ahead.

banjo is definitely a ton better to look at tho

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
banjo movement is also great, no idea what any of you are talking about frankly.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's bad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Banjo has a bird that lets him fly. I can't even imagine how Mario would ever fly. He doesn't have a bird that lives on him.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Banjo has a bird that lets him fly. I can't even imagine how Mario would ever fly. He doesn't have a bird that lives on him.

Well, there’s the Tanuki Suit, the Cape, the Flying Squirrel Suit from NSMBU, the Wing Cap from 64, and possibly more I’m forgetting.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Banjo feels stiffer than Mario does, felt like I had to carefully rotate around more to line up jumps in Banjo compared to me playing Mario 64 which is a bit more fluid feeling

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

banjo definitelyf eels a bit clumsier. like it still works and plays fine and good but mario 64's movement is incredible

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
i can control both equally as well

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

that's nice dear

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Volte posted:

Why do people keep saying this like they were rival games? Banjo-Kazooie came out two years later, and only exists because of Mario 64.

"It is ludicrous and indeed impossible to compare the respective merits of two things if they weren't released at the same time" - an idiot

Indeed it's also impossible to compare any fast food burger restaurants to McDonald's, because that came first. Also its madness to compare any sequels to the original films in the series.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I remember being blown away how big a step up graphically BK was over Mario 64, already absolutely top tier graphics for the time. I couldn't tell you which one looked better nowadays they both look so dated. Moore's law rules.

BK has really good textures. Like most games from that era it really shines if you somehow play it on a CRT but playing it on modern tech it's going to look more pixellated and jaggy than it was intended or how it literally looked when you played it in 1998

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Welp, caught Covid for the first time, so I'm laid up at home for a few days. It's thankfully not a severe case, so I've got a chance to work on my Switch backlog. I'm playing Umurangi Generation, BotW, Mario Odyssey, and Genesis Noir.

Larryb posted:

Well, there’s the Tanuki Suit, the Cape, the Flying Squirrel Suit from NSMBU, the Wing Cap from 64, and possibly more I’m forgetting.

Hijack a Lakitu cloud.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

How quickly we forget the P Wing.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Butterfly Valley posted:

"It is ludicrous and indeed impossible to compare the respective merits of two things if they weren't released at the same time" - an idiot

Indeed it's also impossible to compare any fast food burger restaurants to McDonald's, because that came first. Also its madness to compare any sequels to the original films in the series.
"A is better than B" isn't a comparison of the respective merits of anything, it's a declaration of superiority, as in a competition.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Volte posted:

"A is better than B" isn't a comparison of the respective merits of anything, it's a declaration of superiority, as in a competition.

B is much better than A

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Banjo and Mario 64 are both good

Andrast posted:

B is much better than A
Get outta here with that crazy talk

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Banjo is bad, Mario is good.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Banjo will be voiced by Duane the rock Johnson in the upcoming mario movie

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

Welp, caught Covid for the first time, so I'm laid up at home for a few days. It's thankfully not a severe case, so I've got a chance to work on my Switch backlog. I'm playing Umurangi Generation, BotW, Mario Odyssey, and Genesis Noir.

Also the Switch remasters of the Sam and Max games are hella good!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I hope he chokeslams chris pratt into the ground

thus making him unable to voice mario

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Also the Switch remasters of the Sam and Max games are hella good!

Have to check these out

I only played (and loved) Hit the Road

I couldn't get past not liking the 3d look for these games (same monkey island) when they were new

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Takoluka posted:

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE SELLING YOU ROMS FOR $60 AGAIN"

When you think about it, isn't buying any video game paying for a ROM? :thunk:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i finished toem yesterday and it was absolutely lovely. very chill little game about going around cute whimsical sweden and snapping polaroids

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Mario 64 movement feels more fluid to me but also in Banjo I never feel like the camera randomly decides to murder me so each have their good points.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

The Bloop posted:

Have to check these out

I only played (and loved) Hit the Road

I couldn't get past not liking the 3d look for these games (same monkey island) when they were new

The remasters gave Bosco a voice actor who is actually Black (rather than a white guy who was later discovered to really dig his heels in about voicing minority characters). This made chuds very upset.

Looper posted:

i finished toem yesterday and it was absolutely lovely. very chill little game about going around cute whimsical sweden and snapping polaroids

I really want to play this, but it's PS5 only. Wish there was a PS4 version!

Between Umurangi, Pokemon Snap, and BotW, I got plenty of video game photography to do right now and I love it. I believe there's a few more photography games that have come out recently.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

How quickly we forget the P Wing.

I think you could turn into a Boo in one of the Galaxy games as well

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Larryb posted:

I think you could turn into a Boo in one of the Galaxy games as well

yeah and it makes other Boos extremely hot for you

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

The remasters gave Bosco a voice actor who is actually Black (rather than a white guy who was later discovered to really dig his heels in about voicing minority characters). This made chuds very upset.

I really want to play this, but it's PS5 only. Wish there was a PS4 version!

Between Umurangi, Pokemon Snap, and BotW, I got plenty of video game photography to do right now and I love it. I believe there's a few more photography games that have come out recently.

its on switch op.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Stux posted:

its on switch op.

True but I slightly prefer the PS4. :colbert:

How would Toem be to replay? I may just double-dip, I'm not getting a PS5 for another year or more. Too many Switch and PS4 games left to play!

I am looking forward to the new Kirby.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
No one remembers the Red Star from Galaxy 1.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pungry posted:

because it's bad

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Bears vs Italy

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Larryb posted:

Possess a rocket ship through a ghost hat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Pungry posted:

i was going to post this. j

The Bloop posted:

because it's bad

gently caress you