Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

mdemone posted:

upstate NY

One test per box?

Oh, not in Utica, no—it’s an Albany expression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

the sexpest robot factor on this one is high

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

fosborb posted:

why are you quoting wrong lol

Dumb work computer thing. It's fine on my phone like this one!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

What do the instructions say for other regions?

Gotta travel to the midwest or else it isn't a valid result.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I wouldn't trust my life to a kickstarter mask. I'll take an industrial specific NIOSH solution.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

where is this from and where I can see the actual spreadsheet?

Aaron Collins’ master list of mask tests that he’s conducted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M0mdNLpTWEGcluK6hh5LjjcFixwmOG853Ff45d3O-L0/edit

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Everyone needs to start saying “Putin is mild” to see if we can short circuit the media.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Salt Fish posted:

I wouldn't trust my life to a kickstarter mask. I'll take an industrial specific NIOSH solution.

excited to get my masks in 4 years when covid will still be a thing. a nice present from my past self, I'll say

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Coldrice posted:

COVID SIMULATOR is now live on steam!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1871620/Covid_Simulator/

grats to us all :p

:toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot:

:toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Dorma 99

Canopy

lmfao

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Coldrice posted:

+1

congrats

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

"Only 10,000 more admissions per day than last time! mision aclompished!"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Salt Fish posted:

:same:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Grey Fox posted:

I got a letter from the IRS *yesterday* after waiting 7+ months for a $300 refund saying they finally got around to looking at my tax returns and they're unsatisfied with the evidence I've provided that I paid for health insurance in 2020 and that I had 30 days to respond from the date of the letter.

The letter was dated 20 days ago.

wtf I thought the individual mandate is no longer

This is very unsettling

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Salt Fish posted:

I get that, I just really wish there was something out there that is basically the form factor of an Aura that had mostly re-usable components and you just popped in a new filter as needed. The Flo Mask is pretty close to that but as you said not NOISH certified so really I just wish companies like 3M and Honeywell would make Flo Mask competitors.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug

Gonna restart the hex vs square tiles wargaming debate

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Thoguh posted:

And 1% or less of the population is wearing N95s right now. Both of these facts are failures of government, not failures of individuals that are aware that it's stupid.

yes but also a lot of americans are dumbasses that wouldn't wear one no matter what

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Coldrice posted:

Awesome man. Just bought it and want to say it runs flawlessly via proton under linux.

Simulating my workplace now!

(but pretending we're not almost all wfh).

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

wtf I thought the individual mandate is no longer

This is very unsettling
Went back and looked at the letter, and it's for the Health Coverage Tax Credit

also upon re-reading, the letter gave me 20 days to respond, not 30 :v:

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

The endorsement the game sorely needed :)

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

actionjackson posted:

yes but also a lot of americans are dumbasses that wouldn't wear one no matter what

Seriously. The government's incapable of competing with Joe Rogan types on messaging. Covid has proven people are too stupid for democracy and our only hope is a benevolent tyranny.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

This is neat. Even a surgical mask kind of works if you just pinch the drat nose clips or snug it up to your face.

ZHUSHI- Disp. Surgical(as worn) YY0469-2011 Surgical As Worn Blue Earloop 27.8%
ZHUSHI- Disp. Surgical(nose clip pinch) YY0469-2011 Surgical Held to Face Blue Earloop 77.9%

FLTR Surgical Mask Surgical As Worn Blue Earloop 11.1%
FLTR Surgical Mask(held to face) Surgical Held to Face Blue Earloop 91.0%

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Thoguh posted:

I get that, I just really wish there was something out there that is basically the form factor of an Aura that had mostly re-usable components and you just popped in a new filter as needed. The Flo Mask is pretty close to that but as you said not NOISH certified so really I just wish companies like 3M and Honeywell would make Flo Mask competitors.

For the kids version of the Flo Mask, NIOSH won’t rate them so what can you do?

They have no excuse not to submit the adult model, but it’s possible they won’t because they want to be a fly by night Kickstarter company forever.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Hopper posted:

And I think it's gonna be a long, long time
'Til this man sings up on a stage just fine...

It's not as mild as they think at home. No, no, it's COVID man. Burning up my lungs out here alone.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

My parents just called and wanted to know if my fiancé and I wanted tickets to a big gun raffle coming up in a couple weeks and that they were reserving two whole tables (think long like 10ft tables). I told them gently caress no. This is an event that usually gets like 2500+ ppl and has a buffet like for food. My siblings and uncles/aunts will probably go along with a bunch of family friends so they can all share in the latest superspreader event for our county. No social distancing rules or testing requirements etc because do you think for a second the kind of people devoted to a gun raffle would show up otherwise lol

Suck and gently caress is back on the menu for those guns and half a pig, maybe a kayak full of beer too

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Coldrice posted:

went to Steam to buy the game despite already throwing like $10 your way separately and got this captcha, wtf think it knows

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I don't like auras compared to the regular green n95. Doesn't feel as secure.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Joementum posted:

here's the VT hospitalization data split out by boosted status and age

This virus would be worse than the flu even if literally everyone were boosted.

That’s how bad it is.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Platystemon posted:

For the kids version of the Flo Mask, NIOSH won’t rate them so what can you do?

They have no excuse not to submit the adult model, but it’s possible they won’t because they’re afraid of what they’ll find.

They should be able to run their own tests against the standard so they'd know before submitting it if they'll pass or not. So yeah, if they don't submit then either they don't think they'll pass or they don't think the cost (I have no idea how much it costs to get that kind of certification done) is worth what getting certified would get them.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Grey Fox posted:

Went back and looked at the letter, and it's for the Health Coverage Tax Credit

also upon re-reading, the letter gave me 20 days to respond, not 30 :v:

Secretly get an additional 5 days before poo poo starts

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Salt Fish posted:

Envo mask is NIOSH certified!!!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
lmao one of my wife's coworkers had a positive test on Sunday and he's planning on returning to work tomorrow so that he can give a training. An in person training that everyone in her department is expected to attend. hosted by a guy that's almost surely still contagious. lmao. Just lmao.

She's skipping but probably is gonna get written up for it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

This is neat. Even a surgical mask kind of works if you just pinch the drat nose clips or snug it up to your face.

ZHUSHI- Disp. Surgical(as worn) YY0469-2011 Surgical As Worn Blue Earloop 27.8%
ZHUSHI- Disp. Surgical(nose clip pinch) YY0469-2011 Surgical Held to Face Blue Earloop 77.9%

FLTR Surgical Mask Surgical As Worn Blue Earloop 11.1%
FLTR Surgical Mask(held to face) Surgical Held to Face Blue Earloop 91.0%

The spreadsheet entry is vague, but “held to face” means that he used both hands in a pose like the Merkel rhombus, holding the material against his face all the way around.

The media can be O.K., but they’re worthless without mask fitters. Nose clip isn’t enough.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

He totally did, so far in this thread three different goons have gotten three different brands of tests

i still can’t get over how these are all at home tests

they’re sending out a billion at home tests because the results don’t get reported. they have no interest in reporting the results. they want to hide X million positive results for the sake of number.

AHHHHHHHHHH

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Thoguh posted:

Envo mask is kinda small, I wonder if it would fit a kid. I can measure the dimensions for you in a bit

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Failed Imagineer posted:

1 reversible cloth mask=2 masks

protip: when someone’s coughing a lot near you, flip your reversible cloth mask around! that way you can lick up all the crunchy virus particles before they go bad

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

just bought covid simulator on steam :coronatoot: congrats on release day, coldrice!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Envo mask is kinda small, I wonder if it would fit a kid. I can measure the dimensions for you in a bit

no chance it would never seal right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:five: