Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Replace the summoner's book with a carbuncle you hold like a little dog, who is now holding the book for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

people like when number big

playing jobs with higher dps potential also helps you meet enrage checks but no job combination is locked out of clears even on week one - it just gives you a bit more slack to meet that check

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
basically that yes

it's also an issue of PF culture vs. static culture. with a consistent static you have a lot more room to take whatever because you can communicate week to week and adjust things around your weak points. PF is a free-for-all, so they're going to favor more simplistic solutions like just excluding whatever the "bad" job is from the listing rather than taking the effort to screen people for their personal performance, because if you get a meta comp with bad players you just drop group silently and look for another anyway.

I thought we were past this sort of thing in shadowbringers since it wasn't really prevalent then, but it's come back pretty hard in endwalker. wonder why

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

TGLT posted:

Replace the summoner's book with a carbuncle you hold like a little dog, who is now holding the book for you.

I'm listening

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Magres posted:

Is stuff in Savage actually tuned so tightly on the DPS checks that a 9% difference in optimal output matters? I can't imagine it is for anything but World First racing. Like, not yucking anyone's yums - play what you find fun, and if anyone finds it more fun to always play whatever is theoretically the most powerful, have at it. I tend to reactively push back against it just because a lot of randoms will go "REEE SUB OPTIMAL" and kick people for playing the 'wrong' class when the real problem is people parsing grey and putting out less than half the potential damage their class can do.

P4S can be (and probably has been) cleared by parties with DNC/MCH/BRD/SMN as all four DPS. As long as people are playing well, any job works.

If some people are playing mediocre to bad, a 9% difference can make or break a clear run though. Nobody should be kicking for sub optimal job picks, but some folks internalize that anything less than perfect ensures failure so they overcompensate by attacking the wrong issue.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
a party full of bad players but with a meta comp can probably still clear adds in P3S but bad players and a non-meta comp stands no chance

if you're decent at the game then all these buffs will end up meaning is that you skip an extra mechanic on clean runs

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I just remember when we were doing Emerald EX attempts and hitting enrage timer on part 1. The BLM kept talking about replacing the Bard (me) for a melee dps as smokescreen for him dying in every attempt.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Magres posted:

Is stuff in Savage actually tuned so tightly on the DPS checks that a 9% difference in optimal output matters? I can't imagine it is for anything but World First racing. Like, not yucking anyone's yums - play what you find fun, and if anyone finds it more fun to always play whatever is theoretically the most powerful, have at it. I tend to reactively push back against it just because a lot of randoms will go "REEE SUB OPTIMAL" and kick people for playing the 'wrong' class when the real problem is people parsing grey and putting out less than half the potential damage their class can do.

Week 1 final floor tends to be the only time enrages are reasonably tight and even then they tend to demand clean play and good prep more than anything. You’re right in your assessment this gets softened naturally

The damage disparity at the start was the worst it’s been in a long time and that said on a grand scale it wasn’t terrible. Like people have said no combo has really been a lockout. But it’s nice to not have your job just feel like it’s doing worse for no reason and there’s clearly room to improve, and this patch seems like it’s probably gonna be at the very least a good start. The melee and blm look closer now and the two other casters are p close. Ranged phys is still kinda weak but they seem to just want it that way. It’s unlikely these will be the final changes of the xpac either

Thundarr posted:

P4S can be (and probably has been) cleared by parties with DNC/MCH/BRD/SMN as all four DPS. As long as people are playing well, any job works.

If some people are playing mediocre to bad, a 9% difference can make or break a clear run though. Nobody should be kicking for sub optimal job picks, but some folks internalize that anything less than perfect ensures failure so they overcompensate by attacking the wrong issue.

Far as I can tell from a cursory search on FFLogs there no week 1 clears of door boss with that dps comp but also there’s strong self selection at work. hard to imagine the group serious enough to get that far but not bring a melee too. Week 1 clears with a dancer all seem to be double melee even. Again, self selection at work and anecdotally physical ranged players tend to be the most willing to flex on jobs anyways

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Oh I doubt anybody shooting for a week one clear would use that comp. By now though? At least a few groups have probably run it with funsies comps.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Hearing "RDM mobility problems" is fascinating. I raided verse and promise on RDM and keeping uptime was easy then, and its even easier now. Having to be in melee range for your melee combo when mechanics force the ranged dps out (that is, there's room for 4 people around the boss so your melee and tanks get the slots) was the most annoying thing, and that's been heavily mitigated in EW by the mana changes.

The tax for playing a non-BLM ranged class feels like poo poo and I'm swapping to melee next tier if I can

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

I'm not sure how you'd assemble a group with BRD/MCH/DNC given that there seem to be zero people playing those classes in PF.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Oh I doubt anybody shooting for a week one clear would use that comp. By now though? At least a few groups have probably run it with funsies comps.

Oh for sure

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ruzihm posted:

if i cant /pet my party member's carbuncle and have an animation of me crouching down and petting it then i'm gonna riot

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/surfacage/status/1486090591905906688?t=4rdGJyYJ33GP3HiSuIg8Zw&s=19

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Jetrauben posted:

To be fair, a lot of folks who use wheelchairs can get out of them to walk (often painfully) for short stints.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww7WlSPi9gc

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Does anyone know how long the free server transfers will be up for? I'm FOMOing pretty bad here - I don't want to jump the gun and end up on the wrong oceanic server, but I don't know when the window closes!

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Is this... is this the week where Khloe doesn't break my heart?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
No.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Vitamean posted:

I'm curious - since I've spotted a bit of interest here and there about getting through Bozja and the associated raids, is there interest in setting something up? not necessarily a static more than just "around this time a bunch of people join in and we get people through the group raids" type deal. I suspect I'll have more free time now that my savage group's on reclear, so I can organize it if people are jonesing for something to do now that the expansion rush is over.

Primal only, fwiw

That would be nice, yeah.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Meanwhile my last two weeks of catbooks needed like 6-8 shuffles each just to get a single line.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Raised By Birds posted:

Meanwhile my last two weeks of catbooks needed like 6-8 shuffles each just to get a single line.

Same here. Second chance points have been pretty plentiful though

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/MTQcapture/status/1485877397706711041?s=20

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ruzihm posted:

Definitely use duty finder to group up before you queue for DR these days.

Do you mean “party finder” here or am I about to learn something about queuing for DR?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Subjunctive posted:

Do you mean “party finder” here or am I about to learn something about queuing for DR?

you can queue for matchmaking at the entrance can’t you?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

kitten emergency posted:

you can queue for matchmaking at the entrance can’t you?

Yeah but I’m not sure how that would be using duty finder “before queuing for DR”. I may be about to learn!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah but I’m not sure how that would be using duty finder “before queuing for DR”. I may be about to learn!

Oh I think I understand, maybe - you can queue with a party and it’ll still match make? So form up in PF then queue to grab extra people

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

King of Solomon posted:

That would be nice, yeah.

I'm on Primal, but I think you gotta do Ridorana Lighthouse before that? I've been trying for over a year and every group falls apart on that. sigh

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Vitamean posted:

I'm curious - since I've spotted a bit of interest here and there about getting through Bozja and the associated raids, is there interest in setting something up? not necessarily a static more than just "around this time a bunch of people join in and we get people through the group raids" type deal. I suspect I'll have more free time now that my savage group's on reclear, so I can organize it if people are jonesing for something to do now that the expansion rush is over.

Primal only, fwiw

I'd do this

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

same

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Barreft posted:

I'm on Primal, but I think you gotta do Ridorana Lighthouse before that? I've been trying for over a year and every group falls apart on that. sigh

huh, ive never seen a ridorana run fail. ask in your fc if people want to help you do that and orbonne. im always down to carry people through those.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I've gotten Stormblood alliance raids in roulettes almost exclusively for the past week or so.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Awesome! posted:

huh, ive never seen a ridorana run fail. ask in your fc if people want to help you do that and orbonne. im always down to carry people through those.

Actually just got through a run finally lol. Gotta do the next one but it's too late, I'll run it tomorrow.

e: ramza's a fuccboi

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I still need to do Dalriada, lmao stopping Bozja before unlocking Zadnor-3 was possibly the worst place I could have stopped, Zadnor 1 and 2 were ghost towns last time I tried

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Sitting here glad that I'll never have to set foot into CLL/DR/DAL ever again because I finished all of the ShB relics.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Magres posted:

I tend to reactively push back against it just because a lot of randoms will go "REEE SUB OPTIMAL" and kick people for playing the 'wrong' class when the real problem is people parsing grey and putting out less than half the potential damage their class can do.

i dont think anyone really does this near as much as people say they do tbh, also reee is a lovely meme

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/SauceMyNoodle/status/1486039359304392704?s=20

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Do they get special /glow /plunder and /chunder emotes?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
yo anyone know how to transfer character/client settings between DCs? i uploaded character/client settings from my main character on the japanese DC, but those settings dont appear on the OCE DC

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zeruel posted:

yo anyone know how to transfer character/client settings between DCs? i uploaded character/client settings from my main character on the japanese DC, but those settings dont appear on the OCE DC
its a bit of a pain but every character you have has their own individual folder in the ff14 folder on your computer. you can look through your folders for your main's by looking for the most recently modified folder, then going to the subfolder in there called 'log,' and looking for stuff you recently did on your main.combat logs and chat box chatter are stored there, so you should be able to deduce which folder is your main's - if you play more than one character semi-frequently, try doing some specific dungeon and then logging out and looking for the bosses from that dungeon in the log files. then simply copy paste all the .dat files in your main's folder to the new character's folder (discerning that through the same method), overwrite, and it should be completely duplicated.

if you're on ps4/ps5 you might be out of luck though

Endorph fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Magres posted:

fwiw I have seen almost no savage PF groups being picky about classes beyond trying to have a balanced comp (ie at least one melee, one phys dps, one mag, one barrier healer and one non-barrier healer), something which gives direct mechanical benefits.