Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Failed Imagineer posted:

"Will you resign, sir?"

"No"

Forensic stuff here

"Why not?"

"Don't want to."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Kinda hoping the public see this cuntery for what it is. We'll see how the Beeb spin it I guess

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Tesseraction posted:

Amazing insult from Johnson

"He's a lawyer not a leader"

bitch you hid for days over the party poo poo

He wasn't wrong. For once.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Some happier Corbyn news:
https://twitter.com/Shayan86/status/1486299590852857859

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

God the fact that none of these arseholes can tie a tie properly is irrationally annoying.

e: Someone has put new batteries in Truss, she now blinks

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jan 26, 2022

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Jermy crobryn hasn't been leader of the labour party for three years and these pricks are still just openly making up whatever the hell they want about him on the daily for some reason. This guy is so not obsessed he's made a whole rear end podcast dedicated to how much of a poopy turbohitler he was.

https://twitter.com/OzKaterji/status/1486037613937143815?s=20

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

"I'd prefer a lawyer over a liar"

lol

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Eyeball warning - I went to search Twitter using "Travelodge" to learn more about the happy story of the robot vacuum who escaped from travelodge. Apparently the hashtag Travelodge just returns many many tweets of hairy blokes wanking each other off or absolutely blasting each other's backsides. Of course if you're searching for that sort of thing then fill your socks

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

stev posted:

There should be some sort of penalty for pivoting to irrelevant talking points rather than answering a question.

a blaring siren in the form of that "obvious answer" klaxon from QI would be :discourse:

edit: lol

quote:

8m ago 12:38

Richard Burgon (Lab) says a nurse who organied a demonstration against pay cuts was fined £10,000. “For God’s sake resign,” he says.

Johnson says of course the Labour party want him to resign. Labour has nothing to say, he says.

Convex fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jan 26, 2022

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

ooh I'm simple . I've just twigged. it's all centred on Downing Street. Nothing about Chequers

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Tesseraction posted:

Kinda hoping the public see this cuntery for what it is.

Lmao imagine pinning your hopes on the British public

:negative:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Eyeball warning - I went to search Twitter using "Travelodge" to learn more about the happy story of the robot vacuum who escaped from travelodge. Apparently the hashtag Travelodge just returns many many tweets of hairy blokes wanking each other off or absolutely blasting each other's backsides. Of course if you're searching for that sort of thing then fill your socks

lmao

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Lmao imagine pinning your hopes on the British public

:negative:

yes yes, I know, ceterum censeo the people are stupid

I just want something to penetrate their thick skulls

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

In funnier news I was watching the Beeb after PMQs where they had the culture sec (Chris Philp or something) vs. Jon Ashworth and it was pretty funny when the presenter was like "do you still put your faith in the prime minister's words?" and when Philp said yes she then played a clip of Johnson denying he had any involvement in the dog rescue prioritisation in Afghanistan and then it cut back to Laura Pravda reading a just leaked-email detailing Johnson's involvement

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

In other news…

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Failed Imagineer posted:

:britain:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

goddamnedtwisto posted:

However you should carefully interrogate your company about this because *technically* they're supposed to supply you with a chair, desk, and other ergonomic apparatus that abide by the relevant standards, so you might be able to score yourself a nice Aeron or something.
I did consider this, does it still apply if it's a very small company (I think less than 10 people)? TBH I'd probably prefer to pay for something really nice rather than talk them into buying something which technically meets the 'ergonomic' spec but is still a bit naff.

peanut- posted:

If you have the budget for it https://www.2ndhnd.com/ is excellent for good-as-new refurbs of proper office chairs like Steelcase or Herman Miller. I bought a Steelcase Leap off them about 6 years ago and couldn't tell it wasn't factory new, and it's still great now. Still loolking at £350+ from them though.
Looks promising, thanks! Second-hand office supplies sounds like a popular option I hadn't considered.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

65 quid delivered tomorrow

i already have quite a nice prostate massager but thanks

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Tesseraction posted:

In funnier news I was watching the Beeb after PMQs where they had the culture sec (Chris Philp or something) vs. Jon Ashworth and it was pretty funny when the presenter was like "do you still put your faith in the prime minister's words?" and when Philp said yes she then played a clip of Johnson denying he had any involvement in the dog rescue prioritisation in Afghanistan and then it cut back to Laura Pravda reading a just leaked-email detailing Johnson's involvement

Im surprised the Beeb had the guts to do that.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

serious gaylord posted:

Im surprised the Beeb had the guts to do that.

Laura's leaving and the Beeb are having their main source of income chopped, so I hope they start reporting properly and stop issuing tory press releases as if they were facts.

I'm having a heavy day on the 'delete before pressing send' on facebook and twitter today. (Mistake of signing into twitter. Signed out again after my first unsent ranty tweet.)
I think I better go for a walk.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jan 26, 2022

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

smellmycheese posted:

In other news…

Also probably not worth searching on Twitter

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm having a heavy day on the 'delete before pressing send' on facebook and twitter today. (Mistake of signing into twitter. Signed out again after my first unsent ranty tweet.)
I think I better go for a walk.

A recent twitter update has made it that little bit harder to use, and I'm kinda grateful, as it means I look at it less and particularly read far fewer comments (as the new update auto scrolls back to the top when I press back after looking at a set of comments). They just need to keep making it worse and worse until no-one wants to bother with it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Laura's leaving and the Beeb are having their main source of income chopped, so I hope they start reporting properly and stop issuing tory press releases as if they were facts.

Definitely a strategic error to tell the BBC that you're going to axe them and/or sell them to Murdoch when there's an election between now and then. But then, I suspect a lot of the Tory plans right now are being made in the belief that they'll lose the next election anyway so may as well set up some things to criticise Labour for in advance.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1486317393358073861

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Very lazy SCP article writing IMO.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Wow, fierce punches were thrown at PMQs huh https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1486310743809085449?s=21

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
BREAKING: PM to Commons: "You can't make me go. I'm staying. You're all stupid"

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/AnushkaAsthana/status/1486334067842899968
Is it still a Witch Hunt when they have, like 20 different videos of you turning people into toads?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Serious stuff.

Johnson also implied that Ian Blackford was fat. Which is a bit rich to be honest.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

ThomasPaine posted:

I bought an 'office chair' offamazon for about a hundred quid and when it turned up it looked nothing like the photo, but was in fact a bottom rung gamer chair that makes me look like a 14 year old Fortnite player but isn't even very comfortable, so go me I guess. Best of both worlds.
Same but Argos. It's terrible, the foam is cheap and compresses after an hour, and my legs ache after using it as if I've been for a run because of how it presses into the backs of my thighs. I also had to put the 'arms' on upside down because they're set at a really uncomfortable height, but are pretty much structurally required.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

You only make the mistake of buying furniture from Argos once, maybe twice if you can't quite believe they could be quite so consistently terrible (they can).

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

You only make the mistake of buying furniture from Argos once, maybe twice if you can't quite believe they could be quite so consistently terrible (they can).

Yeah they're absolute dogshit. If you have to go cheap your allways better off getting something secondhand and cajoling them into transporting it to you or hiring men with ven

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Otoh we got a very good TV stand from argos for twenty quid so :shrug: you win some you lose some

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/dandouglas/status/1486362440589787136

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I just bought a massive walnut wardrobe and matching dresser from my local charity shop for £110. Both will probably last me for the rest of my life (and are probably already twice as old as me).

New furniture is poo poo.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

it's really loving sad how high these two utter simpletons managed to climb in society

goddamn human civilisation is so hosed

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ThomasPaine posted:

Otoh we got a very good TV stand from argos
:same: their flatpack boxy fake wood stuff can be great but their chairs look a bit bad

keep punching joe posted:

I just bought a massive walnut wardrobe
I just keep them in the kitchen :dadjoke:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Argos chat:

I managed to get a shower tension pole (that doesn't need screwing into the wall) from there for under £3 in a sale. So I bought 2. One lives in the cave under my bed against the day I might need to replace the one I put up.

When I needed one, they were £20 or more in my local hardware store and not far off that from online outlets.
Now, of course, seeing as I have enough shower rods to last me to the apocalypse, you can get them from screwfix for £3.39.

I do have a bad argos furniture story but to tell it would be to doxx me as I posted the details in public on either argos or trustpilot.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Absolutely incredible progress on display here.

I worry about this guy tho, he's open about how his mental health is quite bad and it seems inevitable that one of the redtop rags is gonna publish an article like "nutter makes game where you can minigun Theresa May into gibs" and then he'll be a punching bag for frothy gammons. I know he's said he's making sure the game doesn't allow that to actually happen, but seems like a nuance the Daily Heil would happily overlook for outrage clicks

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

I think I'm starting to despise lib-brained "Sensible Centrists" more than I do Conservatives and the Far Right. At least with the right there's no attempt to co-opt a movement of human rights and progressive values. Libs are despicable opportunist scumbags with no principles whatsoever. Tell me I'm not alone.

EDIT: On Argos, we recently got bunks for my son and it took us a week to assemble them. So from now on I'm stealing all my furniture from antique shops fully assembled.

Prole fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 26, 2022

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Prole posted:

I think I'm starting to despise lib-brained "Sensible Centrists" more than I do Conservatives and the Far Right. At least with the right there's no attempt to co-opt a movement of human rights and progressive values. Libs are despicable opportunist scumbags with no principles whatsoever. Tell me I'm not alone.

Congrats on becoming MLK-pilled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Prole posted:

This should cheer you up (sike it won't).

https://twitter.com/EHRC/status/1486362779451809793?t=SOxJcIepMwsO8qZe7dyVow