Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Also it could be that the 64 gig ones are Q1 and the others are Q2 onwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

PowerBeard posted:

Also it could be that the 64 gig ones are Q1 and the others are Q2 onwards.

My first 5 minutes 512GB pre-order is Q1 2022.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

WTFBEES posted:

Same. It said December 2021 before the delay. All the units are launching on the same day, AFAIK.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i think the primary reason so many people got moved to Q2 is because Q1 is a small window to begin with... it's not like they're gonna be shipping these out on the 1st. probably towards the end of february, so that'd only be like 4-5 weeks of shipments before the start of Q2

i'm expecting mine to show up around late april/early may unless a bunch of people forfeit their preorders or cancel once they realize they actually have to now put down several hundred dollars (or their financial situation has changed, or w/e reason)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

WTFBEES posted:

I got in within like the first 6 min ( maybe 5 ) and I’m Q2 for my 512GB :shrug:

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Could vary by region. I'm in the UK and I managed to order the 512GB within the first few minutes and I'm in the first batch apparently. I assume that Valve isn't sending units internationally, they probably have stock in local warehouses that they're sending out ahead of time.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
In the EU they use a distributor in the Netherlands iirc.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
drat, I'm Q2 2022 after having the site refuse to take my order for a while. My wife managed to get through and is Q1. I'm a little jelly right now.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Same, I'm Q2 after getting the order in at 32-33 mins into the window. Was there in the first couple mins but Firefox's ad blocking prevented the purchase and I had to go run this meeting for the next 30 minutes.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I'm in Q2 as well. Their credit card processing got screwed up and I was stuck in limbo for like 20 minutes. That morning was really annoying.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

My 256gb is at Q2 since I couldn't get it to work for like 45 minutes, whatevs

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

at this point it’s all reading tea leaves and none of them have actually gotten shipped, right?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Declan MacManus posted:

at this point it’s all reading tea leaves and none of them have actually gotten shipped, right?
Right now we're just looking at what tidbits the devs with kits are giving us

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/s9f2eu/successfully_connected_6_bluetooth_controllers_1/

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

Correct, and given the dire global chip situation, eh just be happy if you get yours within a quarter of their estimate.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ah, take that Nintendo! This is how you do local multiplayer!

You guys, get in! C'mon, we can all fit around this couch!

Wait, where are you going?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

To a rooftop party.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 7th Guest posted:

i think the primary reason so many people got moved to Q2 is because Q1 is a small window to begin with... it's not like they're gonna be shipping these out on the 1st. probably towards the end of february, so that'd only be like 4-5 weeks of shipments before the start of Q2
i was on the money

https://twitter.com/Steam/status/1486399148622430209

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Not long now.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
You Q1 bastards are just going to get inundated with "TRY THIS GAME FOR ME AND THIS GAME AND THIS GAME AND THIS GAME AND THIS PROGRAM..." - I almost feel sorry for you.

Should prob just let me take it off your hands, share the load n all that.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

same day as Elden Ring, very cool. I'm still "After Q2 2022" but I'm fine with that.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

"Press review embargo on Steam Deck coverage will lift on February 25th, but keep an eye out for some preview coverage and impressions before that. In the meantime we're working to tie up the last few loose ends and polish some rough edges, and are excited to get these out to you at the end of next month!"

Happy to be juuuuust barely behind the front of the line for this.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Cowman posted:

same day as Elden Ring, very cool. I'm still "After Q2 2022" but I'm fine with that.

Same after changing my order in December to the big money one. Should give plenty of time to check out reviews and decide if it's actually worth it.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Okay, 3 day grace period to the 28th seems reasonable enough. Would have preferred earlier in the month than later.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
The embargo has me a bit nervous.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Kwolok posted:

The embargo has me a bit nervous.

Lots of good products have press embargoes, it keeps all the media outlets from trying to race each other to publish the first article.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FBS posted:

Lots of good products have press embargoes, it keeps all the media outlets from trying to race each other to publish the first article.
yeah, IIRC sites basically had a press blitz the week of the xbox one release, i know polygon had a 24 hour stream or something like that covering the games (and Griffin McElroy was beamed in just to be like "actually I'm just playing Wii U right now")

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
If the Steam deck is as good as Breath of the Wild or Pokemon Legends: Arceus, everyone should be happy

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
Having worked in games press before, embargos are a standard and there isn't a launch without one. It's just unusual for a company to communicate it to the public. Valve being Valve they decided to just share it with people so they don't have to guess.

Like seriously, if you get a preview on hard or software you always have an embargo so outlets don't just poo poo out content because they received it earlier or whatever. Everyone gets a fair shot at testing and summarising their experience, everyone gets to release their articles and compete for readers at the same time.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DourCricket posted:

You Q1 bastards are just going to get inundated with "TRY THIS GAME FOR ME AND THIS GAME AND THIS GAME AND THIS GAME AND THIS PROGRAM..." - I almost feel sorry for you.

Should prob just let me take it off your hands, share the load n all that.

I salute those who managed a Q1, I'm Q2 and it's going to be an awful loving wait.

However I am excited to see all of the video reviews for it and what people get working on it.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

sigher posted:

I salute those who managed a Q1, I'm Q2 and it's going to be an awful loving wait.

However I am excited to see all of the video reviews for it and what people get working on it.
Yeah, I'm Q2 and it's probably for the best as well because everyone's going to work out the kinks, figure out a recommended gamelist without any issues, and have some nice custom software/tricks after a few months.
Same thing applies to getting in a little late with cheap emulation handhelds because of the custom firmwares.

...but like you said, it's going to be torture watching those early videos.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/OnDeck/status/1486453240166174721?s=20

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i just realized from that picture that this thing really looks like a Game Gear

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i just realized from that picture that this thing really looks like a Game Gear

though the resemblance is mostly just "black rectangle with screen and controller"

e: (not my pic)

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
I am not in the waiting list - if i jump in now, when can I expect it?

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

SEKCobra posted:

Having worked in games press before, embargos are a standard and there isn't a launch without one. It's just unusual for a company to communicate it to the public. Valve being Valve they decided to just share it with people so they don't have to guess.

Like seriously, if you get a preview on hard or software you always have an embargo so outlets don't just poo poo out content because they received it earlier or whatever. Everyone gets a fair shot at testing and summarising their experience, everyone gets to release their articles and compete for readers at the same time.

Embargoes are fine but it would be nice if the embargoes ended a week before these things went up for sale but they wouldn't do that because if the reviews are bad they could get cancellations. Fomo and the crazy demand means anyone who got in early need to buy it as soon as they're turn is up and they won't be able to really have an informed decision

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RattiRatto posted:

From valve? 2023

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

RattiRatto posted:

Sometime in the second half of the year, possibly not until Q4.

A significant portion of reservers have their shipping status at "After Q2 2022" so yeah, they're backed up pretty severely.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

RattiRatto posted:

I've heard that new reservations at this point are getting "after Q2 2022" estimates; anything more precise than that is just speculation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Kwolok posted:

Fomo and the crazy demand means anyone who got in early need to buy it as soon as they're turn is up and they won't be able to really have an informed decision
Who cares? If they end up changing their minds they can flip it for twice what they paid for it, easily.