Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I've never played before but I saw some of the SUSD review and it seemed like a game you can just have out during a party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also please be aware that shipping on this is going to be expensive. :siren:

It is a gently caress-off giant sized heavy wooden board.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah I'm holding what's basically a placeholder for Rosewood. I may back out but I'd love a game.

Super worried about shipping tho yup.

e: Oh $49 is less than I was expecting.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 25, 2022

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also for those backing

This is the exact wax you want.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Still staring off into the far distance wondering what my blacklist fantasy minis are up to.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Still staring off into the far distance wondering what my blacklist fantasy minis are up to.
Agreed. They just made a post in the Fantasy Series 2 updates as if everything's going great for that and estimated a (completely unbelievable) August 2022 delivery for those.
In the comments for Series 1, there was some vague hopeful message from the person running the account 8 days ago:

Blacklist Games posted:

Although this is a bit pre-mature, since we are finalizing some very productive news, but because of some of the comments below I wanted to break the silence for a brief moment to let you know that we are almost crossing that finish line where we can give you a substantial update for the month, which includes news that will be a great way to start the new year! But before that happens, I don't want to jump the gun until it's concrete, nor say anything tacky or unproductive like "here's a pre-update" until we're actually there. We have a plan, we're following it through, and no we are not done nor has anything been a scam (still confused as to why anyone would produce all backer accounted product and fulfill every other region if it were? Product exists!) I know it's been rough with the waiting and delays, it's been trying for all of us for various reasons, but in all honesty regardless of snide remarks, accusations, disbelief, anger/hate, calm and collected bias, or creative interpretations, we will continue to focus on what we're currently doing to get these products to you. Just hang tight and before the end of this month (most likely a lot sooner), we'll have an update that should give us all something to look forward to. Unless of course as two backers have recently said to me, they want us destroyed/dead, then no, we don't want that (I wish I was kidding about that so if you know who you are, please stop attacking us personally with these kind of threats. We really do want these products in your hands ASAP and we are in the right direction currently).
From what everyone can gather, they owe Quartermaster Logistics money and the minis will just sit in the Florida warehouse until they can pay for them. Their Hour of Need boardgame is in the same situation in that warehouse.

I just want to get at least a few Blacklist products I have floating out there in the ether. I have like 5 or 6 things in their unfulfilled pipeline that cost a lot altogether.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 25, 2022

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Jimbozig posted:

Well, I just relaunched Ariadne and Bob. I'm doing this as an experiment across three platforms: KS, itch, and IGG. I'm very curious to see how this goes.

It strikes me that the main downside to spreading out like this is that the lower total on any one site could hurt you in the algorithm and perception. So it might limit your upside and potential to break out big. But since this game already failed to make the goal I set the first time around, I don't see that as a big concern.

So I'm going to see if my backers prefer to use an alternative to KS, and if either of the other platforms can attract more people that didn't see it the first time around.

https://kickstarter.com/projects/jimbozig/ariadne-and-bob-second-chances/
https://igg.me/at/AandB
https://jimbozig.itch.io/ariadne-and-bob

If you missed it the first time around, you should check it out! I'm crowdfunding to pay for contributions from our very own Ettin and Vel Mini who you all know and love, and also Jason Pitre (Sig: City of Blades), Nick Butler (Tidebreaker), and Austin Ramsay (Beam Saber). After those are paid for, the money will go to pay for art from Ferrinus, who did this awesome cover art that really shows off the sort of characters you'll play when you play this game:

Backed again!

On the subject of incredibly long-running KickStarters and Austin Ramsay, is this going to be shipped before Beam Saber's physical edition? :v:

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

Agreed. They just made a post in the Fantasy Series 2 updates as if everything's going great for that and estimated a (completely unbelievable) August 2022 delivery for those.
In the comments for Series 1, there was some vague hopeful message from the person running the account 8 days ago:

From what everyone can gather, they owe Quartermaster Logistics money and the minis will just sit in the Florida warehouse until they can pay for them. Their Hour of Need boardgame is in the same situation in that warehouse.

I just want to get at least a few Blacklist products I have floating out there in the ether. I have like 5 or 6 things in their unfulfilled pipeline that cost a lot altogether.

So like, death threats are obviously uncool.

But also, man, they just never say anything concrete. It's all vague handwaving, all the time. I've got a few things in the pipe from them as well and never again.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Jimbozig posted:

If you missed it the first time around, you should check it out! I'm crowdfunding to pay for contributions from our very own Ettin and Vel Mini who you all know and love, and also Jason Pitre (Sig: City of Blades), Nick Butler (Tidebreaker), and Austin Ramsay (Beam Saber). After those are paid for, the money will go to pay for art from Ferrinus, who did this awesome cover art that really shows off the sort of characters you'll play when you play this game:

I backed this as soon as I got the email that it was up. The "one describes weirdness, the other explains that weirdness" piece is fun both in settings where the players are pretty knowledgeable and settings where the players don't know so much, but differently so. In the former, you can kind of nerd out with what you know or think you know about Harry Potter or ancient Rome or whatever, where the latter feels more like world-building.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Shes Not Impressed posted:

JazzFlight posted:

From what everyone can gather, they owe Quartermaster Logistics money and the minis will just sit in the Florida warehouse until they can pay for them.

I know exactly where said warehouse is. How much $$$ are you offering for a heist operation?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

I know exactly where said warehouse is. How much $$$ are you offering for a heist operation?

Time to kickstart a new themed game: Fury of the Longshoreman

What has me even more nervous is that I have to wait for the change of address form since we've bought a house since backing the thing.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Echophonic posted:

Backed again!

On the subject of incredibly long-running KickStarters and Austin Ramsay, is this going to be shipped before Beam Saber's physical edition? :v:

I know you're being tongue-in-cheek, but it relates to something that I think about a lot that I think everyone in this thread has seen examples of when it comes to crowdfunding: "More money more problems."

I've never managed a large team on a game - I had 3 artists on Strike! and one was my wife. I worked with a couple of folks who helped me with templates for layout, but I did most of the grunt work myself. If I ever raise $80,000 for one of my games like Austin did, I'll be in for a whole slew of new problems and challenges. He's dealing with more artists than I was, relying on someone else for a full-on fancy layout job which is obviously very time-consuming. He's doing a real print run, and dealing with shipping and logistics during this time when global logistics are hosed. I've only ever done POD - I send a file to DTRPG and then my work is done. I like that. I like that I can mostly just write and revise the games and don't have to be a "businessman" or an "entrepreneur". I have a day job that I like. Having one of my games explode in popularity would be exciting and great for me, but also terrifying. More money more problems is absolutely real when it comes to publishing.

As a quick example, when I was picking dates for delivery for this Kickstarter, I picked dates that were slightly earlier than I had picked for the first Kickstarter despite the fact that it's ending a month later. That's because on the first one I wasn't sure how much I'd raise and I had to account for the risk that I'd end up raising enough to pay for professional layout and such, which would make the thing take longer to produce both because it's fancier and more work, and also because it would require back-and-forth communication between me and the person doing the layout. Since the first KS gave me a better idea of what I can expect to raise, I'm now expecting to lay the game out myself and have fewer pieces of art, and thus can have a shorter timeline. The easiest way for Ariadne and Bob to be delayed would be for me to end up raising a lot more than I expect.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Thunder Road Vendetta funded in about 5-6 hours, they're around $400K as I write this. Their goal was $300K - the campaign they canceled was $500K (canceled around $280K). They had a $1 "I'll see what happens and do it in Backerkit" pledge on the first campaign and that's probably what people were doing. The miniatures are more detailed/greebly than before but still kinda uninspired. There's supposed to be a stacking mechanic for resolving "slams" so that kind of explains things, but I miss the more unique designs of the old game. That said, I wonder if the old minis will fit in the new game...

This will probably never get to my table but I enjoy Car Wars Sixth Edition and I have a copy of the original Thunder Road so I MIGHT back this one. $50 + $22 US shipping for the base game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This is neat little table bling!

Lets see how much shipping co..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dik_wnOE4dk

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I can buy like 30,000 baggies for that shipping + VAT + customs charge.

However, I solved the problem differently...

Before:

After:

Magic! It helps to have family into woodworking.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Jimbozig posted:

I know you're being tongue-in-cheek, but it relates to something that I think about a lot that I think everyone in this thread has seen examples of when it comes to crowdfunding: "More money more problems."

I've never managed a large team on a game - I had 3 artists on Strike! and one was my wife. I worked with a couple of folks who helped me with templates for layout, but I did most of the grunt work myself. If I ever raise $80,000 for one of my games like Austin did, I'll be in for a whole slew of new problems and challenges. He's dealing with more artists than I was, relying on someone else for a full-on fancy layout job which is obviously very time-consuming. He's doing a real print run, and dealing with shipping and logistics during this time when global logistics are hosed. I've only ever done POD - I send a file to DTRPG and then my work is done. I like that. I like that I can mostly just write and revise the games and don't have to be a "businessman" or an "entrepreneur". I have a day job that I like. Having one of my games explode in popularity would be exciting and great for me, but also terrifying. More money more problems is absolutely real when it comes to publishing.

As a quick example, when I was picking dates for delivery for this Kickstarter, I picked dates that were slightly earlier than I had picked for the first Kickstarter despite the fact that it's ending a month later. That's because on the first one I wasn't sure how much I'd raise and I had to account for the risk that I'd end up raising enough to pay for professional layout and such, which would make the thing take longer to produce both because it's fancier and more work, and also because it would require back-and-forth communication between me and the person doing the layout. Since the first KS gave me a better idea of what I can expect to raise, I'm now expecting to lay the game out myself and have fewer pieces of art, and thus can have a shorter timeline. The easiest way for Ariadne and Bob to be delayed would be for me to end up raising a lot more than I expect.

Yeah, definitely just kidding. It's no Always/Never/Now, a game that I stopped caring about like 2 years before it finally showed up. And that was some tiny game that came in a binder.

Beam Saber seems like it was a perfect storm of compounding problems. First time Kickstarter, a lot of money, relying on one artist, and then the pandemic and supply chain fuckery. Any one of those would be delay city.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

gschmidl posted:

I can buy like 30,000 baggies for that shipping + VAT + customs charge.

However, I solved the problem differently...

Before:

After:

Magic! It helps to have family into woodworking.

That's really slick. I like how the topper has the standoff/wall built into it so the play surface doesn't need it.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The Eyes Have It posted:

That's really slick. I like how the topper has the standoff/wall built into it so the play surface doesn't need it.

We tried a bunch of the ones with the wall at the bottom, but leaning on that thing or craning your neck over it the entire time is hell, plus you need all sorts of extra attachments for drinks, and possibly extra lighting. This solves all that, but does make the top a two-person deal to remove or put on, at least with the quality wood we picked.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

gschmidl posted:

We tried a bunch of the ones with the wall at the bottom, but leaning on that thing or craning your neck over it the entire time is hell, plus you need all sorts of extra attachments for drinks, and possibly extra lighting. This solves all that, but does make the top a two-person deal to remove or put on, at least with the quality wood we picked.

Sounds like you need a separate, lighter table for solo gaming.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Update for Blacklist Miniatures:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blacklistgames/blacklist-miniatures-fantasy-series-1/posts/3415548

Blacklist Games posted:

Happy new year, adventurers!

To start this year off on the best foot forward, we have great news to share! In short, during the past few months, I was able to establish a relationship with an investor to help us grow our company and alleviate some outstanding balances accrued from the gruesome 2020/2021 global shipping crisis. Because of this, we are poised to clear things with QML in full in the next couple of weeks, allowing me to finally be able to green light the final regions (US/CA/ROW) to complete fulfillment.

Since all of the items that haven’t been shipped yet are in the fulfillment warehouse already, things should move quickly after we reach out to QML and they find the next available slot to schedule the fulfillment on their end.

We will be updating you once they let us know what the schedule is looking like at that point. It’s been an overly long journey to say the least, but we’re nearing its end!
I'm cautiously optimistic, but there's still that doubt in the back of my mind until I have these in hand. This still might all be wishful thinking from whoever's writing these updates to string everyone along so the angry mob doesn't burn everything down.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

That's future me's problem

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Jimbozig posted:

Well, I just relaunched Ariadne and Bob. I'm doing this as an experiment across three platforms: KS, itch, and IGG. I'm very curious to see how this goes.

It strikes me that the main downside to spreading out like this is that the lower total on any one site could hurt you in the algorithm and perception. So it might limit your upside and potential to break out big. But since this game already failed to make the goal I set the first time around, I don't see that as a big concern.

So I'm going to see if my backers prefer to use an alternative to KS, and if either of the other platforms can attract more people that didn't see it the first time around.

So it's early days yet and I don't want to mistake a single data point as indicative of larger trends, but so far of the three places that are accepting funding for this project:
Itch.io - $57
Indiegogo - $71
Kickstarter - $946

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Got my copy of Mutants in the Now in the mail yesterday, and it looks great! I'm going to try and make a character or two when I have some time in the next few days. I'm wondering how the GOO-P math shakes out (hoping buying Bipedalism and full object manipulation doesn't end up being a huge tax on weird species), but I figure the best way to figure that out is by doing.

Is MitN getting discussed anywhere on the forums? I'm pretty jazzed about it.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

Kai Tave posted:

So it's early days yet and I don't want to mistake a single data point as indicative of larger trends, but so far of the three places that are accepting funding for this project:
Itch.io - $57
Indiegogo - $71
Kickstarter - $946

Yeah, so far. I don't think this particular campaign can ever be a fair trial between the platforms because the large majority of backers so far have come over from the previous Kickstarter. But I'll be able to compare and cross-reference backer reports to see where existing backers went and where new backers went, and I'll be happy to post the numbers here for anyone curious.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Jimbozig posted:

Yeah, so far. I don't think this particular campaign can ever be a fair trial between the platforms because the large majority of backers so far have come over from the previous Kickstarter. But I'll be able to compare and cross-reference backer reports to see where existing backers went and where new backers went, and I'll be happy to post the numbers here for anyone curious.

I figured the fact that this had been a previous kickstarter might shift things in kickstarter's favor, yeah. I dunno, it's probably going to be a number of months at the earliest before we start to see any real hard data on things, but I admit I'm skeptical at the moment that other platforms can reasonably support small game designers the way kickstarter does and it sucks everyone's now having to run this calculation just to raise some modest funding.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Jimbozig posted:

Sounds like you need a separate, lighter table for solo gaming.

Heh. I never play solo, that's what video games are for.

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.

Jimbozig posted:

As a single data point, I backed on kickstarter initially and then switched to IndieGoGo. Itch is sort of an outlier since it has no option for the physical copy where the other two do.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Antivehicular posted:

Got my copy of Mutants in the Now in the mail yesterday, and it looks great! I'm going to try and make a character or two when I have some time in the next few days. I'm wondering how the GOO-P math shakes out (hoping buying Bipedalism and full object manipulation doesn't end up being a huge tax on weird species), but I figure the best way to figure that out is by doing.

Is MitN getting discussed anywhere on the forums? I'm pretty jazzed about it.

I don't think there's a dedicated thread, but you'd really have to work to get feat taxed for having thumbs and standing upright. From a standard quadruped, getting human hands and bidpedal locomotion will cost you twenty GOOP, total. Tack on five to ten more points if you're a seaslug or whatever.

Most species will give you thirty-ish GOOP to play with by themselves, just as a base rank. A legless, armless species like a garter snake gets 49 points - or just enough to buy humanoid grabbing and walking plus what a more typical species would get.

Thing is, most of your points are going to come from stats, barring a really oddball species roll. Average roll of 4d6 14, having a 14 in a stat gives you 6 GOOP, and you've got eight stats, for a ballpark of around 48 GOOP just for existing, then you add your species on top of that.

Unless you have a really specific high-cost build in mind, and you roll some excellent stats, you're going to have plenty of build points. Plus there's more stat bonuses from things like your skill packages and fighting style. I won't say you're spoiled for choice, but the math is pretty generous.

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
The gently caress you want hands and feet for if you're a sea slug just roll em to death

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I do like the secrets of the goop section, that last reason gave me a good chuckle.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jihad Joe posted:

The gently caress you want hands and feet for if you're a sea slug just roll em to death

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Information on Chip Theory's upcoming Elder Scrolls game here: https://chiptheorygames.com/the-elder-scrolls/

Kinda seems like it's largely going to be Too Many Bones: Elder Scrolls Edition, which although I love the hell out of Too Many Bones, I'm not sure if need

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Going to try and keep things lean and clean this year, as my collection has gotten... sizeable

StarkRavingMad posted:

Information on Chip Theory's upcoming Elder Scrolls game here: https://chiptheorygames.com/the-elder-scrolls/

Kinda seems like it's largely going to be Too Many Bones: Elder Scrolls Edition, which although I love the hell out of Too Many Bones, I'm not sure if need

Goddamit... I've always wanted Too Many Bones, and a standalone set would be great

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Yeah, gently caress. As someone who has been interested in Too Many Bones but wasn’t wild about the aesthetic, this is bad news for my wallet.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I hope they have a character just named Stealth Archer.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So this playthrough I finally did Forgotten City and have been engaged extensively with Legacy of the Dragonborn.

Holy poo poo these are great.

I think I bugged Markarth though. I flew the airship there and ended up in what's probably the not-open-cities Markarth world-space. I fast traveled out of it, and the airship is still up there, but not functional. I've had NPCs like the thieves guild Silversmith refuse to leave their house or ever sleep and I think that's related?

Oh and I'm using JK's Skyrim so the Open Cities hidden "gate" isn't where it should be, to test. :v:

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jan 28, 2022

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

ISS Vanguard just posted the near-final rulebook, which includes this wonderful little troll.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

gschmidl posted:

ISS Vanguard just posted the near-final rulebook, which includes this wonderful little troll.

I assume it's a rickroll?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

armorer posted:

I assume it's a rickroll?

You know the rules, and so do I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

dwarf74 posted:

So this playthrough I finally did Forgotten City and have been engaged extensively with Legacy of the Dragonborn.

Holy poo poo these are great.

I think I bugged Markarth though. I flew the airship there and ended up in what's probably the not-open-cities Markarth world-space. I fast traveled out of it, and the airship is still up there, but not functional. I've had NPCs like the thieves guild Silversmith refuse to leave their house or ever sleep and I think that's related?

Oh and I'm using JK's Skyrim so the Open Cities hidden "gate" isn't where it should be, to test. :v:

Are the forums bleeding together? Have the walls to reality fallen down.