Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Sorry you don't live a lux life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

hatty posted:

I’m just mad my PS3 controller won’t hold a charge anymore and I have to order a sketchy battery from Amazon that I hope won’t explode or leak

Yeah, I have to keep my DS3 plugged in atp. I've switched over to using the DS4 on PS3 if I'm playing classic games exclusively.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Elite Series 2 gets like 2 whole weeks of 2-3hrs gaming a night and thats also powering my headset since I dont have wireless.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP why do you have a hotspring in your head

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

JBP why do you have a hotspring in your head

Idk I don't know anything about 4chan

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

gonna dip my feet in ur noggin lil buddy

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like the Series X controller a lot more than I thought I would but the triggers are a bit thin at the top (and/or I have fat fingers)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I know it's a Bamco joint but with how Japanese it is I feel like drumgame could really use some Yakuza tracks. Call up Sega and make it happen.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

JBP posted:

I'm always confused at the battery life of my Xbox controller since it doesn't really do anything. It also feels nasty to touch but I don't want to start complaining about the controller I'll be here all day!

Try wiping the Dorito nacho cheese residue off

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

And LOL @ DualSense lasting four hours dude it lasts like 10-12 hours

?!!! What?!!! No way

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Escape Goat posted:

Try wiping the Dorito nacho cheese residue off

Isn't that why they went with the disgusting plastic grip finish in the first place? The nacho cheese might make it more comfortable, good suggestion.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

?!!! What?!!! No way

Yeah I get maybe 6 hours playing a game that doesn't use the haptics, but something like Returnal eats it up fast. I don't really have time for long sessions tho so I just plug it in and it never runs out.

JBP fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 27, 2022

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

?!!! What?!!! No way

It lasts for several hours after the low battery thing comes up, maybe that’s confusing you? But yeah I easily get at least 10 hours out of it even when playing haptic-heavy stuff

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Escobarbarian posted:

It lasts for several hours after the low battery thing comes up, maybe that’s confusing you? But yeah I easily get at least 10 hours out of it even when playing haptic-heavy stuff

I think you got one forged by cerny himself

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
i played returnal on my buddy's ps5 and i think 10 hours sounds about right. i was impressed compared to how garbage the ps4 ones were

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The dualsense is big just like the console so it can fit a big batt in there

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah, the early warning for the low bat comes up super early. It's easily still got like 35% left in there upon notification lol

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

elf help book posted:

meglovania, daddy mulk, bad apple, world is mine, hare hare yukai

its a murderers row

poo poo it has Bad Apple? GOTY and it's only January

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Real hurthling! posted:

Their touchpad is a huge power hog that serves no purpose at all

I use it as a controller for my PC gaming and it allows me to do all the things I would do with a mouse and left clicking that I'd normally have to walk over to my computer for, and that an Xbox controller doesn't do, so I launch my games with it, change my sound settings to TV from my headset, etc. Actually really useful and convinced me to get another dualsense to use with my PC instead of an Xbox controller (that and the Xbox controller I bought for PC gaming was giving me all sorts of other problems). I play PC games on my TV way more often now, largely due to the dualsense and the touchpad, than before.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah its great on pc but all it does on ps5 is open the map

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

veni veni veni posted:

I wanna say? And the switch pro is …I dunno I charge it like once a year.
The Switch Pro controller is bluetooth and uses the same 1300mAh battery as the original 3DS and the 2DS. Probably because they already had a good price locked in on getting those made.

The DualShock 4 uses a 1000mAh battery, which is kind of crazy considering the massive difference in how long it and the Switch Pro controller last. DualSense uses a 1560mAh battery, but those triggers do some cool stuff, so at least there's a significant difference there.

Xbox controllers use AA batteries by default. Rechargeable vary by brand/model, but average is around 2000mAh each. So while the Xbox controllers last pretty well on AAs, that's partly because they've got like quadruple the battery power of a DualShock 4 in them.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Robot Hobo posted:

The Switch Pro controller is bluetooth and uses the same 1300mAh battery as the original 3DS and the 2DS. Probably because they already had a good price locked in on getting those made.

The DualShock 4 uses a 1000mAh battery, which is kind of crazy considering the massive difference in how long it and the Switch Pro controller last. DualSense uses a 1560mAh battery, but those triggers do some cool stuff, so at least there's a significant difference there.

Xbox controllers use AA batteries by default. Rechargeable vary by brand/model, but average is around 2000mAh each. So while the Xbox controllers last pretty well on AAs, that's partly because they've got like quadruple the battery power of a DualShock 4 in them.

I'm pretty sure that you can't just compare mAh between different battery chemistries, because lithium-ion batteries run from about 3.7 to 4.2V, and AAs are 1.5v for alkaline or 1.2V for rechargeable.

That would mean that a 1000mAh lithium ion battery would have 50% more watt-hours in it than a 2000mAh rechargeable AA, I think.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
noobs: playing actual songs

bad asses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v0byXDgMXw

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

I just popped the ones that came with the console in. They were Duracell so I figured they’d last longer than two weeks. Thanks for the advice, those who posted some!

And LOL @ DualSense lasting four hours dude it lasts like 10-12 hours which is still not very good admittedly but where tf did you get 4 from

The fact that I have 3 of them and not a single one lasts more than 4 hours.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, the early warning for the low bat comes up super early. It's easily still got like 35% left in there upon notification lol

Actually 4 is probably a bit stingy of me. I’ll usually get maybe 3 hours out of one before the dead battery warning comes up and another 2 before it’s actually dead. Yeah probably 35-40%

Esco calming 10-12 hours is a lol though. I can have a fully charged dualsense I’m not even using that’s just on while I’m watching movies and it will be stone cold dead by the end of the evening.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

are you listening to audio through it

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Twerk from Home posted:

I'm pretty sure that you can't just compare mAh between different battery chemistries, because lithium-ion batteries run from about 3.7 to 4.2V, and AAs are 1.5v for alkaline or 1.2V for rechargeable.

That would mean that a 1000mAh lithium ion battery would have 50% more watt-hours in it than a 2000mAh rechargeable AA, I think.

Is that lower voltage an issue for an Xbox controller? I would assume no, since a brief google says they maintain ~1.2v from full until dead while alkaline trail off to <0.9v as they run.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

FallenGod posted:

Is that lower voltage an issue for an Xbox controller? I would assume no, since a brief google says they maintain ~1.2v from full until dead while alkaline trail off to <0.9v as they run.

The voltage difference doesn't matter at all, rechargeables are great, use rechargeable AA and AAA in anything that consumes batteries faster than a TV remote.

As you noted, battery voltage always falls as they get discharged, so almost all modern electronics will work identically with rechargeables vs alkaline disposables.

The one place you might notice a difference is an old school flashlight or fan, alkaline batteries will make an incandescent bulb brighter or fan spin faster, until they start to lose charge.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

are you listening to audio through it

nope. I do that through wireless headphones connected directly to the PS5.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hadda quit nobody saves the world. I need something more to the combat im falling asleep mashing a over here

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I played up until I got the horse and then bounced off. I like the humor but it plays like a flash game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah thats it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

acksplode posted:

I played up until I got the horse and then bounced off. I like the humor but it plays like a flash game.

I got all the achievements, and yes

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

acksplode posted:

yeah, i was expecting it to be better and it's just not. it lacks the really tight combat of the studio's earlier games and i don't want to spend 30 hours playing it

good thing it's on gamepass

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Forza is fun but the seasonal events constantly changing and moving makes it feel like I will never ever finish anything playing it once a week.

it is frankly impressive how many activities this game shits at you. I have only had to buy a handful of cars I want, everything else is just thrown at you non stop.

They could completely remove the customisation/mod/tuning aspect too because Im never getting enough time in a car to bother. by the time that car feels like it might not be competitive you have a new one or a new category of event to go and do.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I didn’t even realize it was by drinkbox at first, because it’s such step down from the Guacamelee games in both how it feels to play and how it looks.

It grew on me a little once I unlocked a few more forms, but when it opened up I went “eh” and haven’t touched it since.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I bought Eneloop AA's two years ago and have never looked back

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

I learned by playing that I have no rhythm.
My kids thought it was cute but now they want the drum controller.

Rechargeable battery chat: I bought the energizer rechargeable deal from Costco. $20 and came with 4 AA and 4 AAA. Works really well and doesn’t push out the battery for the way the insignia battery pack does.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got my C1 and Forza on this thing is like the most beautiful poo poo I ever saw in my entire life

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Ori 2 and Tetris Effect are both Game Pass games that really show off the beauty of a 4K OLED with HDR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm kinda getting bored of Nobody Saves the World too, but for the opposite reasons. In ARPGs I generally like to find a character build I enjoy and focus on doing that well but the game throws so many gimmick challenges at you that you can't really settle into a build before having to chase more XP.