Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

the one across the road from my house which I thankfully cannot see from my house was vandalised to read "F NOVAK SAVE REFUGEES" using some of the letters from the original billboard and the rest were painted over and re-done.

as of this morning it is a fresh new yellow billboard :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

apparently palmer has gone the good christian angle in nsw? i haven't been privileged to witness it but hear his spokesperson is banging on about good christian family values fair dinkum aussie jesus etc

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

bowmore posted:

He's gone around the country and bought all the billboards again as well

Wish he'd buy the farm tbh

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

In the rest of the country does he include the Nationals in the list of parties you can't trust? It does seem weird that his pitch for power is that people can't trust returning the Liberals, Labor, and Greens to power.

Which certainly is a hell of a coalition.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
the signs vary from place to place - i got to see several variations driving from sydney to brisbane a few weeks ago.

the funniest ones were the one that said "liberals, labor and the greens" followed about a hundred km later by one that only said "the national party"

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
One on the way to work says:
freedom freedom freedom freedom freedom forever

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Zenithe posted:

One on the way to work says:
freedom freedom freedom freedom freedom forever

Mine says this lol

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Senor Tron posted:

In the rest of the country does he include the Nationals in the list of parties you can't trust? It does seem weird that his pitch for power is that people can't trust returning the Liberals, Labor, and Greens to power.

Which certainly is a hell of a coalition.

I happened to be in country NSW a week or so ago, and the Nationals were the only party mentioned on the billboard (which makes sense since I don't think the electorate has ever elected a non National/Country Party member)

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yeah over Xmas we were down at the farm in the North NSW coast and the billboards there are all attacking the Nationals for being for "zero emissions and zero jobs"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Gunna be funny when Clive wins the next election.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Australians are dumb enough to elect Clive

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
WA won't elect Clive, I don't know why he's wasting his money here. The tiniest tiny part of a percent might vote for him, if they vote at all. WA hates him.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Konomex posted:

WA won't elect Clive, I don't know why he's wasting his money here. The tiniest tiny part of a percent might vote for him, if they vote at all. WA hates him.

I get the impression he doesn't actually want to win and instead wants to exert enough influence on the flow of preferences to assist a liberals win.

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

froglet posted:

I get the impression he doesn't actually want to win and instead wants to exert enough influence on the flow of preferences to assist a liberals win.

You mean exactly like last time?

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

That was how it played out in practice but Palmer is unhinged enough that I think he might genuinely believe, inside that big brain of his, that he has a successful political future ahead of him

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
if his goal was simply to elect the liberals he would be doing what he did last time (run a ton of anti-labor ads and not much else)

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

what ever happened to Dio Wang?

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Animal Friend posted:

Got punched in the shin and lost his seat in 2016.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Animal Friend posted:

He spent too long down in the midnight sea

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lube Enthusiast posted:

today's shithead parade had one couple waving the us and trump flags and holding up a UAP sign.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

today's shithead parade had one couple waving the us and trump flags and holding up a UAP sign.

How are they shutting down roads with so few people?
Do they have cops redirecting traffic?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Is that a Lech Walesa Solidatity sign I see?

What do Polish Union leaders of the late 80s have to do with Vaccine Mandates?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

EoinCannon posted:

How are they shutting down roads with so few people?
Do they have cops redirecting traffic?

Yeah, theres cops driving ahead of them and behind them. pity the weather was mostly fine today rather than a heatwave or a thunderstorm.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Lube Enthusiast posted:

C

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

Is that a Lech Walesa Solidatity sign I see?

What do Polish Union leaders of the late 80s have to do with Vaccine Mandates?

its just these losers loving poland because its basically the australia of europe

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

froglet posted:

I get that, and it's probably a valid use of money everywhere else but WA. The hate WA feels for him is something I've never seen before. They don't use his name, just some mix of a derogatory term and the adjective fat. And then we know who we're all talking about.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

What's the "expose pedos" sign in the bottom left meant to be about lol

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

kirbysuperstar posted:

What's the "expose pedos" sign in the bottom left meant to be about lol

[extremely dasha voice] have you heard of pizza gate

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Some q thing i bet

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Loving teardrop twitter at the moment - two stories in two days about MPs misusing their allowances.

First was Tim Wilson:

https://twitter.com/samanthamaiden/status/1486921960164499456?s=21

Then Albo:

https://twitter.com/samanthamaiden/status/1487009279714656259?s=21

That’s bad, right? No, it’s a CONSPIRACY against OUR ALBO instead of two MPs enriching themselves like MPs do.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Animal Friend posted:

he's getting mad on twitter about anti China stuff

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

GoldStandardConure posted:

[extremely dasha voice] have you heard of pizza gate

Synthbuttrange posted:

Some q thing i bet

Oh yeah, duh

adeadcrab
Feb 1, 2006

Objectifying women is cool and normal

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Then Albo:

https://twitter.com/samanthamaiden/status/1487009279714656259?s=21

That’s bad, right? No, it’s a CONSPIRACY against OUR ALBO instead of two MPs enriching themselves like MPs do.

but albo is my mate

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

adeadcrab posted:

but albo is my mate

Good point, adding 💧to my Twitter name now

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I read that article and it sounds like it's all completely legal and commonplace. It sounds like they get a daily travel allowance paid regardless of if they travel or not.

It's weird, but if it's just part of the standard compensation package, who cares.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I couldn't give a gently caress about travel allowances, living away from home allowances or any other similar allowances.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Albo will be taken down by his own federal icac, clearing the way for Kevin ‘27

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Good point, adding 💧to my Twitter name now

The 💧 actually means “I’m mentally deficient due to hydrocephalus” and making fun of these people is extremely ableist

- M💧YB

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

MPs claim their legally allowed allowances. Oh no! Corruption!

Can we focus instead on actual corruption? Like that time Dutton altered the visas of au pairs because his old mate asked him too. Or that time he got caught doing that and so brought big files with the ex-Labor Ministers for that portfolios names on them, refused to table them and then when his Department was asked for those folders the reply was 'we didn't supply the Minister with any documents to go in those files'. So Dutton just wrote their names on these fat files full of people and tried to intimidate Labor MPs with leaking privledged information for funsies?

Or maybe we can focus on all these dead and dying residents of aged care homes, overseen by the Federal government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Solemn Sloth posted:

The 💧 actually means “I’m mentally deficient due to hydrocephalus” and making fun of these people is extremely ableist

- M💧YB

in your case your posts improved though :iiam: