Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Tom Tugendhat

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/28/tom-tugendhat-tory-centrist-loathed-by-boris-johnson-could-be-a-relief

Offering a Tonbridge Tug And Hat is a crime in most countries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he's not remotely centrist but does loving love war

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
they're realizing both rishi and truss have no chance lol and looking for anybody, please literally anybody that's not priti

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

you love to see it

https://twitter.com/MatticusFinch10/status/1487083322144661504?s=20&t=mslKN8_MoDbXZq88q5EYFQ

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

Sue Gray is an interesting one, some woman who decided to quit her job in Civil Service at the height of the Troubles to move to Northern Ireland and run a pub in Newry before returning straight into the Civil Service to go straight up the civil service ladder.

Nothing to see there I'm sure.

sounds like sitcom material, ex civil service manager sent to Norn Iron as a deep cover agent to provide secret institutional support to the loyalist paramilitaries, except she opens a pub and keeps getting distracted with all the japes caused by the locals and the episode finale (a double episode 23&24/24) she accidentally causes a local peace treaty, to the chargrin of her handlers

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Boris played his hand perfectly. The Gray report comes out heavily redacted next week and he can keep declining to comment on anything for weeks since the MET investigation is still ongoing.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
ah well, nevertheless.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Cressida Dick is going to go to Boris and show him the terrorist attacks on him people are planning and how it would be a such a shame if one were to slip through the Mets grasp

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Why do so many freaks want us to go to war in Ukraine? We basically don't have an army

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Why do so many freaks want us to go to war in Ukraine? We basically don't have an army

see also the response to americans pulling out of afghanistan which we had already done years prior

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

cant believe these loving pigs choose to wear those hats lmao

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

I don't know who this guy is but he's blocked me on Twitter lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Liberals finally realising that bad PM's don't get arrested with journalists in the room

https://twitter.com/RichardJMurphy/status/1487142138680942602?t=Y3PkK7xbpNS850XE_ZSmhg&s=19

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

we’re the argentine junta using a foreign excursion to prop up the regime against local criticism

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

The eminent invasion of ukraine is complete fiction, it’s never happening

But if you support the war more than anyone we will give you 20% off coupon on derusting F35s

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Jel Shaker posted:

we’re the argentine junta using a foreign excursion to prop up the regime against local criticism

america_in_2020s.txt

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Jose posted:

Liberals finally realising that bad PM's don't get arrested with journalists in the room

https://twitter.com/RichardJMurphy/status/1487142138680942602?t=Y3PkK7xbpNS850XE_ZSmhg&s=19

love to feel like this for the first time in my life, this month

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jose posted:

Whoa! Consider my mind blown!

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

so anyway let’s get the courts to throw out the brexit result on a flimsy pretext

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Jel Shaker posted:

We aspire to Argentine levels of readiness

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jel Shaker posted:

Fun Fact: The UK probably couldn't pull off the Malvinas operation in 2021 unless you borrowed the French Navy or the Gerald Ford or someshit.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Probably? There is no loving way we could even come close to that level of power projection these days. We have like 5 soldiers and sailors, and 4 boats, and hundreds of admirals and generals.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

butbutbut Britannia rules the waves :britain:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Venomous posted:

butbutbut Britannia rules the waves :britain:

As someone who's read way too many Jack Aubrey novels the state of the Royal Navy is pretty sad.

Also, I watched the Sean Bean "Sharpe" series and your uniform game has gone way, way downhill.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

marktheando posted:

Probably? There is no loving way we could even come close to that level of power projection these days. We have like 5 soldiers and sailors, and 4 boats, and hundreds of admirals and generals.

And the planes we have also keep falling out of the aircraft carrier for some reason

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
At least back then we were evil but our grandeur wasn’t just delusion. we genuinely were a disgustingly powerful evil empire. now it’s gone from horrific to just sad

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Zeroisanumber posted:

As someone who's read way too many Jack Aubrey novels the state of the Royal Navy is pretty sad.

Also, I watched the Sean Bean "Sharpe" series and your uniform game has gone way, way downhill.

I've read the first 6 Aubreys (the American navy just got a steam ship) and no 7 is waiting on the shelf for me to get to it :)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

kind of wild this is the first time i'm hearing about a labour MPs close connection to that documentary

https://twitter.com/PhillipsBarrie/status/1487429168170213378?s=20&t=xUm_qCSc1k08Qtb_WS0kkg

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Jakabite posted:

At least back then we were evil but our grandeur wasn’t just delusion. we genuinely were a disgustingly powerful evil empire. now it’s gone from horrific to just sad

The UK is the toothless almost invalid grampa cannibal in the texas chainsaw massacre.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

:itwaspoo:

https://twitter.com/Kent_Online/status/1487149296608845829?t=qKO4cjAQnDqYREenTimFrA&s=19

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i've eaten at the establishment the news article this gif was taken from

also lol

https://twitter.com/BerylMum/status/1487465359275958272?s=20&t=xyqZWD2ObFRXsUrG0M0WaA

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Jose posted:

how was the poo

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Jose posted:

also lol

https://twitter.com/BerylMum/status/1487465359275958272?s=20&t=xyqZWD2ObFRXsUrG0M0WaA

dog poo pooting in the corner lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Party Boat posted:

how was the poo

this was some time after the news article and it was only once i got home it came to memory. I didn't eat the chocolate ice cream that was the suspect item

https://www.smh.com.au/national/human-excrement-found-in-free-gelato-20081026-gdt0cj.html

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Jel Shaker posted:

dog poo pooting in the corner lol

hahaha it's perfect really

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
its like the jeb bush campaign photo where you can see a hearse going by in the background

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

in case anyone was wondering btw that was 4 days ago

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Grape posted:

The UK is the toothless almost invalid grampa cannibal in the texas chainsaw massacre.

i don't know about that

they've certainly let the actual country rot but the elite still seem pretty powerful and connected

like our military isn't going do anything but our horrific aristocrat class is still out there influencing nations

Regarde Aduck has issued a correction as of 21:45 on Jan 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
We'll see if the Americans follow through on their threat to clean up our banking system for us lol