Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Maya Angelou, a known PC type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I got back in to Jeopardy pretty hard when I was in the hospital and the habit stuck, so I was watching Amy Schneider’s whole (awesome) run just knowing there were a bunch of freepers seething at the nice, super smart trans woman who kicked intellectual rear end for 40 days. I just knew they must be furious about her existing, her success and the fact that she’d be back the next day.

I was not even a little wrong.

Good job, Amy. You loving go girl, go buy that theatre company you always wanted.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I wonder what kind of enraged racist noises the Freepers made in 2017 when the first black woman (an artist's depiction rather than a specific individual) was put on a gold ounce 225th Anniversary coin from the US Mint.

This is one of the most valuable American gold coins of the last couple decades, too.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
Do you remember Hillaryis44.com, folks? Remember how it was pro-Hillary, then very anti-Obama (especially when he beat Hillary in the primaries), then mad at Hillary when she became Secretary of State? Which by then the site had become a massive den of grievance and hatred. And then, surprise twist (not actually surprising), went all in for Trump in 2016, went even loopier on conspiracy theories, and then totally bug gently caress crazy when Trump lost...

They've deleted all the blog posts back to January 17th, 2016, and you can't access the comment section any longer. What's the over/under on one of the forums posters having attended the Jan 6th insurrection, or plain going around the twist and threatening to violently attack their perceived foes/govt officials/that guy down the street they've always hated? Or is it yet another rebrand in waiting? They shifted from "Hillaryis44.com" to "The Trumpet", but now that's all been memory holed.

WBBoei, aka Cumfiesta, none of your predictions ever came true... Lol.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
drat that was a lot of concentrated racism. I unironically like the "kill my landlord" poem though, a true classic that should be taught in schools for generations to come.

Also drat, way to prove me wrong when I said that no Freepers knew that Aunt Jemima was rebranded to Pearl Milling Company. :v:

quote:

I have expressed opposition to holidays named for people.

I 100% guarantee this dude never expressed even the slightest opposition to Jackson-Lee Day or Columbus Day.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Twelve by Pies posted:

I unironically like the "kill my landlord" poem though, a true classic that should be taught in schools for generations to come.

One of Eddie Murphys finest performances.

https://youtu.be/6iCbK3ooekU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Hillaryis44 was awesome and hilarious

It was so bizarre

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is Jeopardy a daily thing? How many games does a 40 day streak represent?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Nihilarian posted:

Is Jeopardy a daily thing? How many games does a 40 day streak represent?

5 days a week. She first got on back in November.

Or well, they're taped in batches secretly so who knows when the actual events happened, but that's when the episodes she was on aired.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
‘Maus’ Sales Surge After Tennessee School District Bans The Holocaust Graphic Novel

quote:

No doubt the teacher's unions, librarians and the usual wokeass suspects will make moral equivocations to banning CRT and tranny propaganda. Allowing such a book with such graphic depictions, to be read especially by pre adolescents should be up to the parents to decide. The magic, rhetorical question, would the woketards allow stories of survival of the Soviet Famine, the Cambodian Killing Fields or other commie atrocities in the public schools?

1 posted on 01/30/2022 4:39:46 PM PST by Impala64ssa
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

Oh... wow... he just came right out and said it, didn't he? :dogstare:

quote:

To: Impala64ssa

You know the holocaust didn’t happen. Right?

3 posted on 01/30/2022 4:47:05 PM PST by HighSierra5 (The only way you know a commie is lying is when they open their pieholes.p)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

:airquote: "Elite"

quote:

I remember when NPR was all over Maus, back before they became a joke of woke. That would have been about 30 years ago.

Art Spiegelman, the author of Maus, won a Guggenheim Fellowship, and was a staff artist for The New Yorker for almost ten years.

Pretty good "elite" credentials there.

4 posted on 01/30/2022 4:48:26 PM PST by Steely Tom ([Voter Fraud] == [Civil War])

quote:

The problem with things like this is some kids can handle it in 8th grade and some can not.

So, homeschool.

Because you know what you kids can take.

5 posted on 01/30/2022 4:49:19 PM PST by Harmless Teddy Bear (add a dab of lavender in milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing with it)

quote:

I suspect that by the 9th grade, those kids have seen every
bit of the human anatomy in our k-12 schools.

What’s this nonsense about nudity? Teaching about two men
playing homo pirate is okay, but in a reciting of history
nudity is repulsive, cursing is out of line?

The schools made kids age appropriate for just about anything
these days. They’re trying to turn the kids into overt
flagrant racists. So this topic is to be off limits?

How many people are aware that nine out of ten college
age kids in a recent polling on the street, were unable
to tell the interviewer who Hitler was.

That’s the real reason this can’t be taught. They don’t
want the kids to know anything about history.

7 posted on 01/30/2022 4:56:55 PM PST by DoughtyOne (I pledge allegience to the flag of the U S of A, and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands.)

quote:

These books are thought-provoking and interesting. It sounds like the kids are not being ordered to read them…they can if they want but it’s not required. Normally if it’s part of a curriculum, the teacher will offer options for kids whose parents don’t want them to read it. I suspect it’s the anti-government message that the district doesn’t like.

Meanwhile, it seems like school districts are fine with trannies, black racism, druggie stuff, etc.

12 posted on 01/30/2022 5:08:55 PM PST by livius

quote:

To: TigerClaws

Meanwhile, TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD was ‘banned’ when a school said it was ‘white savior complex’...

They're not wrong. The liberal white guy has to save the Black (NYT style guide) man from evil southern rednecks. The liberal guy proves his manhood by being the best rifle shot in town. And they (Harper Lee and Truman Capote) add Boo Radley for some good old Southern Gothic flavor. I never liked To Kill a Mockingbird.

30 posted on 01/30/2022 7:00:09 PM PST by Rinnwald
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: HighSierra5

There are many genocides. We are in the midst of an abortion and clot shot genocide now. This one — the holocaust — gets all the attention. As they say - history is written by the winners.

31 posted on 01/30/2022 7:26:22 PM PST by One4Life (It's all about control )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

#NotallPoles

quote:

To: dfwgator

I cannot comment on that per se, since I didn’t do more than browse the book in a book store, back when there were such things.

I will say, I have always admired Poles. But I have wondered about those negative portrayals in many books I have read. I can understand where people would take exception to it.

The truth is, there were many Poles inside the camps who ranged from fat Polish Kapos down to Poles who didn’t know if they were going to survive another hour.

And there were Poles on the outside who helped the Jews where they could, and Poles who openly collaborated with the Nazis. It is a mix.

I presume things were more concentrated in all those things in Poland due to the proximity of so many extermination camps.

But the same can be said for nearly any nationality represented in those camps.

34 posted on 01/30/2022 8:21:58 PM PST by rlmorel (Nothing can foster principles of freedom more effectively than the imposition of tyranny.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

But you know who you really want to watch out for? Those Ukranians!

quote:

To: rlmorel

I always note, that no Poles served as guards in the death camps, plenty of Ukrainians did.

Germans knew better than to give a Pole a rifle, because they knew the Pole would shoot them on the spot if they did.

35 posted on 01/30/2022 8:23:33 PM PST by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

That’s the real reason this can’t be taught. They don’t
want the kids to know anything about history.

quote:

I suspect it’s the anti-government message that the district doesn’t like.

lol look at these two dumbass Freepers who think that the school board is full of liberals. I mean, I know any right winger who does a thing a Freeper doesn't like is called a liberal RINO, but this isn't a matter of "They're making us look bad so we have to say it was the other guys," they just think it's a bunch of Dems doing it.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
...did that guy just "both sides" the holocaust?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

ILL Machina posted:

...did that guy just "both sides" the holocaust?

I had a Polish co-worker try that with me, how the pre-war Jewish merchants and bankers had been preying on poor hardworking Poles, with their nice houses and fancy lifestyles, so really they had been asking for it. But the Germans still were worse.

I just said "this subject will never be mentioned again, clear?" as I didn't know what else to do.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

WATCH: Massive Brawl Breaks Out In Bensalem Golden Corral Over Alleged Steak Shortage

Your daily reminder that liberals are the real racists.

quote:

To: Houserino

Since blacks can’t even seem to sit down and enjoy eating without creating food fights.....is it any wonder people avoid them. I don’t see them ever getting along in mixed crowds.

4 posted on 02/01/2022 4:07:59 AM PST by caww ( )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ronnie raygun

Perhaps they were better off with their own restaurants and places manned by their own people because they sure as heck don’t seem to get on with civil behavior otherwise.

7 posted on 02/01/2022 4:09:41 AM PST by caww ( )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: caww

That doesn’t work. Every time the Democrats whip them into a frenzy by highlighting some perceived slight, they burn them all down.

15 posted on 02/01/2022 4:12:37 AM PST by Yogafist
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

The typical sewage overflow from Philthadelpia.

If only Pennsylvania could get lucky and have a hurricane Katrina (or better yet Hiroshima/Nagasaki) event drop into that town. It would solve so many problems. /spit.

8 posted on 02/01/2022 4:10:32 AM PST by Flavious_Maximus (Fauci is a murderer)

quote:

Looks like black and white to me involved.

Not really, just the usual gaggle of feral gronees.

11 posted on 02/01/2022 4:11:06 AM PST by nesnah (Infringe - act so as to limit or undermine [something]; encroach on)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

To: metmom

If I owned an eating establishment and they came in I’d have an immediate heads up since they’re always creating violence in restaurants ....like ripping off retail stores.

18 posted on 02/01/2022 4:12:52 AM PST by caww ( )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

To: snoringbear

Sometimes I think they’d be happier in Africa perhaps. I’ve listened to some who have moved there and they love it.

25 posted on 02/01/2022 4:18:58 AM PST by caww ( )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

quote:

I’m so sick of the country and the people who run it. They have begun to hide more and more of these brawl videos for obvious reasons, because the whole world sees the problem, but you can’t say it. I avoid restaurants now, especially one like this because you never know when there will be a tantrum, and start trashing the place. How will one of my children survive a world like this who has Autism if we drop dead? it wouldn’t be fair to put this on my eldest child, when I had no idea this country would go down the latrine.

28 posted on 02/01/2022 4:21:48 AM PST by sumuam

quote:

“...Now police are trying to figure out how it started...”

Um, they let the animals in?

That area is the “Fast Food Strip” of the area. Publicity like this will close half those joints.

32 posted on 02/01/2022 4:35:22 AM PST by Born to Conserve

quote:

To: Flavious_Maximus

I live just outside Philly, and I’m fine with it getting nuked by terrorists.

42 posted on 02/01/2022 4:54:49 AM PST by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

To: caww

There is an Afro Heritage minority minority that are actual Americans and they get along in mixed crowds. These citizens transcend Black

72 posted on 02/01/2022 5:40:40 AM PST by bert ( (KE. NP. N.C. +12) Promoting Afro Heritage diversity will destroy the democrats)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Happy Black History Month!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

“Ronnie Raygun” (poster of comment 3) isn’t something I was expecting to see outside of an creepypasta wiki.

https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-095

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Jagged Jim posted:

Not really, just the usual gaggle of feral gronees.

Huh, that's a weird term. Don't think I've seen it before. What's it--

oh no

nope, nope

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Video of the fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFdVM7you_0

It's hard to follow since it's a big scrum of people flailing around but the guys left at the end still throwing chairs are two white dudes.

Also this is all very on brand for Bensalem which is like NE Philly only way shittier.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

That Freeper wishing that a foreign country would nuke a city because black people exist is so strange because if it actually happened they'd all be thirsting for the blood of whatever country did it for daring to attack America.

I also feel like "9/11 was good, actually, but it would have been better if it had been bigger" is an opinion that has been expressed on Freep to some extent because it would have gotten rid of all those darn liberals.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Twelve by Pies posted:

That Freeper wishing that a foreign country would nuke a city because black people exist is so strange because if it actually happened they'd all be thirsting for the blood of whatever country did it for daring to attack America.

I also feel like "9/11 was good, actually, but it would have been better if it had been bigger" is an opinion that has been expressed on Freep to some extent because it would have gotten rid of all those darn liberals.

It's a two birds with one stone situation for them. They'd love for there to be more terrorist attacks against "liberal" cities, they'd get to hoot and holler about 'Merica and do more invasions but also see liberals die.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

It’s an extension of “I hate ISIS, but they’ve got good ideas regarding the gays” that I remember seeing there wayyyy back when.

Somewhere around the time people accused of being gay were being thrown off of rooftops, and probably even worse things that my brain doesn’t want to remember

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Goddamn my account were I posted as a Ron Paul supporter is still working.

I will not touch the poop again.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

Oh this observation has been around for a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WlnSaIwfEg

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 1, 2022

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

One of my favorite "US gets nuked" Freep fantasies was where North Korea nuked DC and the entire federal government - except for Trump because he was in Mar-a-Lago on vacation because of course he was.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

quote:

The typical sewage overflow from Philthadelpia.

If only Pennsylvania could get lucky and have a hurricane Katrina (or better yet Hiroshima/Nagasaki) event drop into that town. It would solve so many problems. /spit.

8 posted on 02/01/2022 4:10:32 AM PST by Flavious_Maximus (Fauci is a murderer)

LET'S NUKE PENNSYLVANIA

tagline - Fauci is a murderer.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
From what I'm hearing the whole fight was because one guy ordered a medium steak and then another guy ordered a rare steak. Rare steak guy naturally got his first even though he ordered second because his steak was rare and that's how cooking steaks works, but the medium guy was upset because he felt that since he ordered first he should get his steak first. So yeah... Bensalem.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

From what I'm hearing the whole fight was because one guy ordered a medium steak and then another guy ordered a rare steak. Rare steak guy naturally got his first even though he ordered second because his steak was rare and that's how cooking steaks works, but the medium guy was upset because he felt that since he ordered first he should get his steak first. So yeah... Bensalem.

My dad took me to Golden Corral once. It’s, uh, as good as you would expect $5 all you can eat steak would be.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Jagged Jim posted:

One of my favorite "US gets nuked" Freep fantasies was where North Korea nuked DC and the entire federal government - except for Trump because he was in Mar-a-Lago on vacation because of course he was.

Can you imagine Trump after surviving this. "My son's are all dead it's tragic they didn't want to vacation with me and now bye bye"

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Murgos posted:

My dad took me to Golden Corral once. It’s, uh, as good as you would expect $5 all you can eat steak would be.

Gotta load up on the roast beef carving, rolls, and ice cream. Salad bar isn't that bad if you can take the ecoli like a boss. Get with it, man, clearly only been once.

I would eat $20 of those rolls for real. Maybe the only decent thing they actually serve. Or at least 20 years ago when my family used to go. Lol my cheap rear end grandparents who had plenty of money would go ten minutes before the senior lunch discount ended and stay for the dinner turnover.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

ILL Machina posted:

Gotta load up on the roast beef carving, rolls, and ice cream. Salad bar isn't that bad if you can take the ecoli like a boss. Get with it, man, clearly only been once.

This. You don't go to Golden Corral for good quality steak, you go for a huge spread of cheap-rear end food which ranges from food poisoning to decent. Same reason you go to any buffet. Maybe I'm just lucky but I've only gotten food poisoning once in my life and it wasn't Golden Corral. I will also maintain that it is far better than the likes of Olive Garden, which is pure bland garbage.

Biscats n Gravy
Jun 13, 2018

Smile.
holy poo poo all the recent freep posts were so racist. but i'm really irked at how they demeaned maya angelou though. they occasionally pretend to like MLK, who she worked with as a coordinator with the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. this is just more proof the longer a black civil rights leader lives into a freeper/republican lifespan the more likely they are to just blatantly openly hate them.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

EUGENE? Where's my fuckin' money, Eugene?

Biscats n Gravy posted:

holy poo poo all the recent freep posts were so racist. but i'm really irked at how they demeaned maya angelou though. they occasionally pretend to like MLK, who she worked with as a coordinator with the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. this is just more proof the longer a black civil rights leader lives into a freeper/republican lifespan the more likely they are to just blatantly openly hate them.

I seem to recall some Freepers claiming he was a rapist and democrats just hide that fact when they worship him.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

quote:

decent patriotic women

BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Much like how Lincoln was a tyrant and a hero of the Republican party simultaneously to the right, MLK is a communist race-baiting womanizer and a hero who ended racism simultaneously. Just depends on what point they're trying to make. If it's how Dems are The Real Racists and trying to use his "I have a dream" speech to attack affirmative action, then MLK is a hero who ended racism and would hate the Dems, if it's anything else, they're going to fall back on how he was a communist and cheated on his wife.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If MLK Jr lived into his 70s, 80s, or 90s he 100% be in the Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson/Islamic Shock club of race baiting soros funded narcissists

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Twelve by Pies posted:

Much like how Lincoln was a tyrant and a hero of the Republican party simultaneously to the right
He had to be both, how else would he have defeated the racist KKK slave states that were all DemonRATS and socialists while at the same time ruthlessly crushing the Confederacy that was all about freedom and states rights?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I've got a degree in history and philosophy.

In my history degree, my emphasis was split between the US War of Succession and Genocide Studies.

I'll never forget sitting down for a family dinner with my conservative side of the family, where I was the only person not way loving right leaning. This was probably early to mid-2000s.

One of my uncles asked,

:freep: - "So, is your school teaching the truth about the Civil War?"

:derptiel: - "I'd like to think so. What are you referencing?"

:freep: - "That the Civil War was about State's Rights, not slavery."

:derptiel: - "Well, sure. It was about State's Rights. But which specific right do you think they fought about?"

Uncle's :freep: expression slowly merged over to :stare: and we ate in silence for a little bit.

(The big published history professors called it The War of Succession for the simple reason that the south was fighting to become a separate entity, whereas a Civil War is a fight to assume control of a government.)

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 6, 2022

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

War of succession sounds more like they were fighting to make their guy king of the US to me.

Or is that supposed to be war of secession?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

OwlFancier posted:

War of succession sounds more like they were fighting to make their guy king of the US to me.

I was gonna make that joke, but refrained.

Fun fact: If the Washingtonian Kingdom was real, depending on the succession laws, Robert E Lee may well have been consort-royal to the third monarch and first queen of the Royal USA.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

OwlFancier posted:

gently caress my phone's autocorrect forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Captain Log posted:

gently caress my phone's autocorrect forever.

I was about to ask 'wouldnt that mean it's a 2nd American revolution if they wanted to succeed the US? '