Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I don't believe you that it's official

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Same. Looks amateur garbage.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Waffleman_ posted:

Teaser poster for Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio

They seemed to of accidentally of exported only one layer of the photoshop file, rather then the whole thing.

Probably should of fixed that before uploading.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Waffleman_ posted:

Is a bird? Has it been planed?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

All I can see is Reginald from Beartato/Nedroid Comics.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

All I can see is Reginald from Beartato/Nedroid Comics.

Same.

Guess Pinocchio has brain problems.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They made a movie about Ragnol?

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Starring Rome as Nathan Drake's dick

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

Looks like he's about to fall into clipart from the 90s representing the world wide web.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Do they know what "Uncharted" means? Pretty sure we charted Rome and Giza a while ago.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Crowetron posted:

Do they know what "Uncharted" means? Pretty sure we charted Rome and Giza a while ago.

Nah he's going to be charting one of those giant green rings. I mean I've never seen them on a map, so he'd be doing the world of cartography a big favor if he can chart those.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I'm sorry but Agra does not hang with the rest of those places.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Okayish idea, overly messy execution.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Lobok posted:

Is a bird? Has it been planed?

Wonderful. Simply, simply wonderful.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

cow tools

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

25 years ago today

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Man I remember being so excited to see those movies. I was in 7th grade and it was my first time seeing star wars in theaters.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Kingtheninja posted:

Man I remember being so excited to see those movies. I was in 7th grade and it was my first time seeing star wars in theaters.

Same. I was so excited to see them. Managed to get to the theater to see the first two, but when it came time to see ROTJ, my sister wanted see Liar Liar instead.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Waffleman_ posted:

25 years ago today

I saw all these with my dad. It was sublime.

Except we were both confused when they added luke screaming like palpatine as he fell in empire

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The terrible thing to realize is that the Special Editions were for the 20th anniversary of the original, and now it's been 25, so 5 years from now is the big 5-0.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_ posted:

The terrible thing to realize is that the Special Editions were for the 20th anniversary of the original, and now it's been 25, so 5 years from now is the big 5-0.

Don't be downhearted. I know it's distressing that Star Wars is still a big thing almost 50 years later, but it won't last forever. Star Wars will eventually stop being such a prominent feature of our pop culture. If we're very lucky, it might even be in our lifetimes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I got the Star Wars original trilogy on 4K UHD in a sale (might've been on Black Friday?), and aside from some of the special edition changes which look like garbage, the original does not look 45 years old. Like holy poo poo, the transfer is so good. It doesn't look new, but it doesn't look its age either.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It's a pizza cutter.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Rageaholic posted:

I got the Star Wars original trilogy on 4K UHD in a sale (might've been on Black Friday?), and aside from some of the special edition changes which look like garbage, the original does not look 45 years old. Like holy poo poo, the transfer is so good. It doesn't look new, but it doesn't look its age either.

RotJ to me looks decidedly like an 80s movie, but yeah there is a weird sense of timelessness to ANH and ESB, outside of maybe the haircuts. A big part of it is the production design, which created a style and a look so clear it was able to spawn a whole network of books and video games. If a TV show that's currently coming out is using the same symbols and cinematic language as a half-century old movie, it makes that movie age rather gracefully.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
RotJ has some TV-rear end blocking and isn't even shot with the Panavision camera from IV & V.

Shame to think I was one of the last batch of the population to be exposed to the originals with the Faces VHS. Chances are if you don't remember 9/11, you don't know anything else except for the lame-rear end CG theme park musical revue added to Jabba's Palace/Photoshop Anakin ghost/Overcluttered Mos Eisley/Greedo getting a chance to shoot instead of being the little bitch he is.

Luckily ESB fared the best out of the Special Editions because all the film scans floating out the of the original version are in rough shape (although I don't get the decision to suck the reverb out of the daddy Vader scene).

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That poster is great and somehow doesn't scratch the surface of the madness of Mad God. It was my favourite movieI saw last year.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Just let me rent or buy the drat movie!!!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

flashy_mcflash posted:

That poster is great and somehow doesn't scratch the surface of the madness of Mad God. It was my favourite movieI saw last year.

Same. Mad God is a masterpiece.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

feedmyleg posted:

Just let me rent or buy the drat movie!!!

For real though when am I gonna be able to get my hands on this thing. I'm totally willing to pay $$$ for a full price blu ray.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I almost bit the bullet for a $100 online festival ticket just to catch it, but the schedule for the rest of the flicks that seemed interesting didn't match up with the free time I had. I still seriously considered it! Easily my most anticipated flick.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Gripweed posted:

Don't be downhearted. I know it's distressing that Star Wars is still a big thing almost 50 years later, but it won't last forever. Star Wars will eventually stop being such a prominent feature of our pop culture. If we're very lucky, it might even be in our lifetimes.

Inshallah

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I found this googling for something completely different, and am intrigued

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Terminator reboot looks weird

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I for one am glad we're getting a new ghost dad movie, hopefully this one won't have a serial rapist.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

I for one am glad we're getting a new ghost dad movie, hopefully this one won't have a serial rapist.

The lad in the suit in the bottom right corner is professional wrestler Tomoaki Honma. He’s had allegations of domestic violence in his past. Not quite rape, but nothing to celebrate either.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

flatluigi posted:

I don't believe you that it's official

EL BROMANCE posted:

Same. Looks amateur garbage.

How quickly you have forgotten the X-Men: First Class posters. These were official too. Once.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Feb 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Really like this poster for a local screening of Event Horizon.