Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

F10's release date was shifted a month from April 7th, 2023 to May 19th, 2023.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Can't believe there hasn't yet been an explosive high-octane edge-of-your-seat post about how Jason Momoa is going to be in Fast 10! Makes sense to add him as a villain because as part of the Dom's crew I feel like he would overshadow Vin Diesel, literally and figuratively.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lobok posted:

Can't believe there hasn't yet been an explosive high-octane edge-of-your-seat post about how Jason Momoa is going to be in Fast 10! Makes sense to add him as a villain because as part of the Dom's crew I feel like he would overshadow Vin Diesel, literally and figuratively.

My fam!

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
He’s got long hair vs diesels no hair. I assume he will love craft beer and have a strict, traditional definition of family.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Mamoa is a natural Fast and Furious guy and always very fun to watch, very excited to see him and Dom slug it out then inevitably join forces to fight Charlize Theron piloting, like, a mech remotely from a hotel room where she recorded all her footage in one day via her iPhone

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
This is actually going to be Fast n Furious: Aquaman 2

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Watch Momoa be a drop in replacement for The Rock, just like Don Cheadle replaced Terrence Howard after the first Iron Man movie.

MacheteZombie posted:

This is actually going to be Fast n Furious: Aquaman 2

Fast Fin Furious.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

actually, I mean they're both universal, and wasn't there a quote from somebody about crossing Fast over with other franchises not being out of the question? He might literally be Aquaman

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Vin vs Fin

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Im going to call it right noe: the tagline for 10 is going to be Fasten your Seatbelts.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Welcome to 4 years ago

edit- oh wow

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 29, 2022

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

David D. Davidson posted:

I'm going to call it right now: the tagline for 10 is going to be Fasten your Sea belts.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

iamsosmrt posted:

Fasten your Sea belts

Lmao

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Mandrel posted:

actually, I mean they're both universal, and wasn't there a quote from somebody about crossing Fast over with other franchises not being out of the question? He might literally be Aquaman

Aquaman is Warner Bros.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Snowman_McK posted:

Aquaman is Warner Bros.

oh right, duh

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Lobok posted:

Wait is it confirmed or is it still just rumor?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Brie Larson just confirmed to be joining F10 via vins Instagram.

Brian’s sister? Or time traveling daughter like a dbz Trunks?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
She's playing Brianna, who is Brian post gender reassignment surgery.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

She’s playing Captain Marvel. The MCU, DCEU, and FFU combining into one massive crossover event

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That's beautiful. Family. I like the headlines about people joining the Fast family. They got family.

Knock on wood, the saga shall never jump the shark, and 11 will get the long overdue awards much like Return of the King did.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

It's a shame the series is going 11 movies otherwise fast 10 could've ended with vin diesel running a quarter mile in a ten second car

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

ilmucche posted:

It's a shame the series is going 11 movies otherwise fast 10 could've ended with vin diesel running a quarter mile in a ten second car

If they would just excise 8 from the canon we can have a nice round number for the franchise.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Fast10: Your Buttholes

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

hobbs and shaw is on tv and wow is it a bad movie

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
As far as I’m concerned the franchise ended with Furious 7. Everything after that has been terrible.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

ilmucche posted:

hobbs and shaw is on tv and wow is it a bad movie

it's one of the only times I've ever been outright bored and checking the time in a movie theater and definitely the only time that's ever happened at a F&F movie

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I enjoyed F8 but after Hobbs and Shaw I realized FF could do with less current version Hobbs/Rock and F9 was better for it

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That movie was disappointing for me as well. Too many cooks in the kitchen, especially the humor style. I really enjoyed 8 and especially 9 though. 8 was surprisingly entertaining, since hero vs hero is played out for me. But they kind of had their own spin on it, with Dom being in duress, and it had some pizazz.

9 was just good times, so bombastic and it really felt like episode 9 of a big budget Fast TV series or something. In a good way. Just unapologetically the next episode in the saga, and more comic booky and nutty than ever. With that heart of furious gold.

Don't skimp on the Kurt Russell though F10 and 11.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Hobbes/Shaw along with having kind of boring CGI action scenes had way too much of my biggest pet peeve in comedy, that thing where every riff goes on way too long to the point that it's interminable. like just letting the actors riff as a substitute for joke writing, then instead of picking one line that's the best one they just keep them all in and the movie loving grinds to a halt while the leads just stand there babbling and trading repetitive one liners for like a solid minute. you usually see it in like, Paul Feig movies, and it rarely works there with actual funny comedians doing it. watching the Rock and Jason Statham do it for like 2 hours was absolutely brutal

that airplane scene with Kevin Hart made me want to die

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I love The Rock but sometimes he gets up his own rear end about thinking people love seeing the family friendly super hero Rock instead of the rear end kicking wrestling heel Rock and Hobbs had the former ramped up to 300%

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1516828299607035915

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

I love The Rock but sometimes he gets up his own rear end about thinking people love seeing the family friendly super hero Rock instead of the rear end kicking wrestling heel Rock and Hobbs had the former ramped up to 300%

I miss heel Rock so much.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If you're having constipation problems then reach for the quick-acting, effective relief of

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Didn't call it Fast10 your seatbelts? What the gently caress.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Maybe cause everyone on the internet ran it into the ground.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Also that’s more of a tag line than a title. And definitely overplayed

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it was never funny, like most puns, and then it was repeated for like a half decade. truly eXcruciating

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I think they are leaning into a surprise xXx crossover event

Welcome to the Family Zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Or maybe a speed racer crossover with racer x finding a new family.