Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I'm glad for the Bengals getting back to the SB. At least for now. But they won't know how to handle being hated by everyone if it keeps up. They'll have a crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Honestly, neither the 49ers nor the Rams are that good. I think the Bengals might be super bowl favorites.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Kawalimus posted:

I'm glad for the Bengals getting back to the SB. At least for now. But they won't know how to handle being hated by everyone if it keeps up. They'll have a crisis.

agreed

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Honestly, neither the 49ers nor the Rams are that good. I think the Bengals might be super bowl favorites.
Their line is so bad though, either Rams or Niners lines should feast, both are way better than KC’s

But the Bengals could win anyway

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/JoeyB/status/966064497155805184

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

It's kind of funny that the Bengals ended up being what the media was hyping the Browns as for 3 years

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sharknado slashfic posted:

It's kind of funny that the Bengals ended up being what the media was hyping the Browns as for 3 years

Brown and Bengals will alternate seasons being the good team and the meltdown team.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

wyoak posted:

Their line is so bad though, either Rams or Niners lines should feast, both are way better than KC’s

But the Bengals could win anyway

To be fair, only the right side is really god awful.

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007
gently caress all you bird suckers and wierdos with with lineman avs.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I also thought that today. I took two top 5 picks and the single most impressive defensive free agency I've ever seen, but they did the worst to first and then some.

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007
I apologize.

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I also thought that today. I took two top 5 picks and the single most impressive defensive free agency I've ever seen, but they did the worst to first and then some.

Nvm

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Titans sacked Burrow 9 times and the Rams have Aaron Donald and Von Miller, not to mention Jalen Ramsey to deal with Chase.

They should beat the 49ers but did lose to them at home this season and the 49ers have this weird magic to them this postseason winning games you never think they'd be contending in.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I cannot believe the Bengals being in the Superbowl is now more than a boyhood memory. What a great world.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

How so? They're built completely differently. Or is it just the Orange Ohio team part?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they got a good qb that's all i guiess. bye

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Oh yeah. larry ogunjobi

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Its extra funny that the Browns spent 20 years with top 5 picks and came away with jack poo poo

Meanwhile the Bengals did a complete franchise transformation in 2 years

Go Bengos. Browns big trash joke franchise forever amen

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I love you guys

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

BrownThunder posted:

Its extra funny that the Browns spent 20 years with top 5 picks and came away with jack poo poo

Meanwhile the Bengals did a complete franchise transformation in 2 years

Go Bengos. Browns big trash joke franchise forever amen

Eventually that's how it happens. Even with inept teams. Eventually you hit on like two megastars and everything becomes easier for a long time. But sometimes it can take a long time to get those exact right guys and it takes luck even with high picks.

The Browns maybe had that guy with Josh Gordon but got unlucky. If Beckham Jr had worked out for them I bet the Browns would've got to the SB last year.

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Titans sacked Burrow 9 times

And the Titans still lost

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
think the bengos would be favorites against the 9ers

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Epic Mount posted:

And the Titans still lost

Only because they forced a hobbled Henry back in as their featured back. They win easily if he didn't play. And still just about lost but got lucky that defended pass floated up. Not taking away from the Bengals as I've been saying they're a reverse fraud all season. But they are beatable with the right guys. And I think the Rams have that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's a real bastard who says them kind of things irght now.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

it's a real bastard who says them kind of things irght now.

I don't know if I want the Bengals to win the SB or not. I'm conflicted especially if the Rams win. If the 49ers win I want Bengals.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Only because they forced a hobbled Henry back in as their featured back. They win easily if he didn't play. And still just about lost but got lucky that defended pass floated up. Not taking away from the Bengals as I've been saying they're a reverse fraud all season. But they are beatable with the right guys. And I think the Rams have that.

They lost because Tannehill exists

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
was wondering how long it would take for kawalimus to make this thread about him

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

They lost because all of this has happened before and will happen again

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in a lot of ways, i don't care about the nfc or super bowl

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

was wondering how long it would take for kawalimus to make this thread about him

I just don't get what this is supposed to mean.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I was pretty happy about the win but after reading this thread am now a bit concerned that they will be so good that they aren't liked. So now I am sort of ambivalent about the victory.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I was pretty happy about the win but after reading this thread am now a bit concerned that they will be so good that they aren't liked. So now I am sort of ambivalent about the victory.

The crown is heavy!! Take it at your own risk :D

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Woozie66 posted:

How so? They're built completely differently. Or is it just the Orange Ohio team part?

Did you miss everyone claiming that the Browns would be the next big thing

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Embrace it, it's fun

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Only but but but.
Stop it

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Epic Mount posted:

Only but but but.
Stop it

No. All I'm saying is they're beatable. Just like most teams. Just like in 2015 people said the Broncos had no chance against the Panthers.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Every team is beatable that's why they play the games

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007

Grem posted:

Every team is beatable that's why they play the games

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i read that the bengals are not beatable by the ravens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

^^You are correct.

Anyway I'm not meaning to crap on the Bengals at all. That's not my intention but I think it's being seen that way. I've been a believer in them all year. I just have my own reasons for possibly not wanting them to win. But I also might. So don't worry about it.