Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I deserve this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Burrow is so cold-blooded he is going to be resting on a rock at the Cincinatti Zoo for the next three days getting warmed up

A Harambe joke in 2022 my goodness

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I'd wondered what kind of halftime adjustment the Cincy DC made, to fluster and contain Mahomes. Apparently at least part of the answer is: act like you're rushing 4, then drop back a DE as a spy. https://mobile.twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1488137340446986249

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It honestly felt like Mahomes was again reverting back to creating his own pressure for no reason.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

OBJ is a ring chasing coward.

Lol yeah! Why didn’t you just continue playing for lovely franchises Odell? What a jerk!

*ignores that nobody claimed him on waivers*

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

That play at the end of the first half was also a big momentum change too. If they kicked the field goal it would have been a different game, but I can see how they thought the touchdown was the better move considering how they were playing until half.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The opening second half drive after missing out on points being 7 yard rush, drop, drop and my first thought was “drat y’all really gonna let them back in this huh?”

Too much Dolphins football I guess.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
is there some type of tangible statistics that prove this is the best playoff season ever? most games coming down to the last play or something?

go the bangos I am fully on the bandwagon

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

bobjr posted:

That play at the end of the first half was also a big momentum change too. If they kicked the field goal it would have been a different game, but I can see how they thought the touchdown was the better move considering how they were playing until half.
They had like enough time to throw to the end zone or throw it away and kick it if they missed. Mahomes just brain wormed himself into throwing in the field of play and he was legitimately bad after that.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

A Harambe joke in 2022 my goodness

No, that was a lizard sunning itself on a rock joke in 2022.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

boop the snoot posted:

is there some type of tangible statistics that prove this is the best playoff season ever? most games coming down to the last play or something?

Eye test.

Don’t forget the Patriots and Steelers eating poo poo were just as good as some of the close games.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

A.o.D. posted:

No, that was a lizard sunning itself on a rock joke in 2022.

I was making the Harambe joke because he is technically cold blooded

fartknocker posted:

Eye test.

Don’t forget the Patriots and Steelers eating poo poo were just as good as some of the close games.

Yeah I was going to point out how bad the Wild Card games, but Big Ben and the Pats getting dick stomped redeemed that weekend.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

solarjetman posted:

I'd wondered what kind of halftime adjustment the Cincy DC made, to fluster and contain Mahomes. Apparently at least part of the answer is: act like you're rushing 4, then drop back a DE as a spy. https://mobile.twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1488137340446986249

Oh man big 12 football is really in the NFL now

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

Lol yeah! Why didn’t you just continue playing for lovely franchises Odell? What a jerk!

*ignores that nobody claimed him on waivers*

everyone saw right through it, yes.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
So glad your team saw through Odell's ploy of being really good on teams that aren't a trash fire, very wise

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

OBJ is a ring chasing coward.

Look at this take.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

OBJ having such a disgusting fetish is a locker room distraction.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

I’m very happy that the bengals are going to the super bowl. I was pretty happy with just winning a playoff game. I never felt like they were the most hopeless or cursed team around since they have fielded competent squads about half the time during the 16 or so years I’ve been watching football, but seven one-and-dones really was a special kind of futility.

Go Bengals! Donate to the Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund. Southeast Ohio loving needs it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Burrow is so cold-blooded he is going to be resting on a rock at the Cincinatti Zoo for the next three days getting warmed up

Does Evan McPherson (PBUH) get his own rock?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1487919411453386756

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Has there literally ever been a tale of two halves for a QB quite like this?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Usually in the reverse where the first lovely QB goes down by 4+ scores then garbage times up a more respectable outcome in the secod half.

That one swing pass to Hill on the goal line and the Chiefs offense just died though.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I can't stop thinking about how the Chefs left 3 points on the field at the end of the first half. They were so ahead and had no good reason to take a risk and they ultimately came up short by that amount. I know the game would have unfolded very differently had they done so but it just sticks out to me as classic hubris mixed with bad strategy.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Eh I don’t hate trying for a TD but man that was a bad playcall for that situation

Also it appeared Mahomes thought they had a timeout too so that’s concerning

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Also it wasn't even 4th down; like yeah only 5 seconds but you can run a quick passing play and still have time for one more if it fails. To call that play at that time in itself just didn't seem very wise

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I can't stop thinking about how the Chefs left 3 points on the field at the end of the first half. They were so ahead and had no good reason to take a risk and they ultimately came up short by that amount. I know the game would have unfolded very differently had they done so but it just sticks out to me as classic hubris mixed with bad strategy.

Eli Apple saved the game

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

wyoak posted:

Eh I don’t hate trying for a TD but man that was a bad playcall for that situation

Also it appeared Mahomes thought they had a timeout too so that’s concerning
Yeah, it's perfectly fine if Mahomes launches it to someone in the end zone or out the back of the endzone within 3 seconds. I understand having a receiver in the flat: how many times do we see defenses overcommit elsewhere and that becomes a walk-in?
But Mahomes needs to know better than to throw to a guy who has two defenders between him and the endzone. I guess he forgot he wasn't playing the Bills.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Random dude picked a good Twitter post to give his thoughts on the legitimacy of passer rating as a stat.

https://twitter.com/johnny_vicars/status/1488009520521650176?s=21

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

boop the snoot posted:

there's never been a superbowl without a 1, 2, or 3 seed in it until now. that's a pretty dope statistic

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, if the Rams win the Super Bowl.

Does that purge the curse of Bobby Layne?

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

MJeff posted:

Absolutely not.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

MJeff posted:

If anything, it furthers it, since Stafford would be winning the very first season he got away from Detroit.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
On one hand I want Stafford to get a ring after languishing in Detroit for all these years.

On the other hand Cincinnati winning is cool as they're not Los Angeles.

It's me, just wanting a fun game.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Android Apocalypse posted:

On one hand I want Stafford to get a ring after languishing in Detroit for all these years.

Rams have a bunch of dudes who I want to win rings, especially Stafford and Donald.

Cincy has Joe Burrow, who is cool as hell. You also get the feeling that this is their one shot, given how tough the AFC is going to be for the foreseeable future, so want them to make the most of it. As good as Burrow is, you can't bank on them being back anytime soon.

I'm definitely happy with either team winning.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Android Apocalypse posted:

For the next two weeks, we are all Rob Lowe

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

If the Bengals don't bring back Icky Woods to do an Icky Shuffle hype video their marketing department is staffed by fools and charlatans.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It honestly felt like Mahomes was again reverting back to creating his own pressure for no reason.

I think Mahomes didn't trust his LT after getting hit a couple times and frankly got the yips for whatever reason and didn't want to throw his normal laser beams into tighter coverage.

The Bengals were smart to drop 8 and spy but it wasn't anything revolutionary that the Chiefs hadn't dealt with. The big difference in the second was moving a safety more into robber so crossers weren't running free and the decisions to throw were no longer brain dead easy. People were still open though, especially with someone who can throw as hard as he can, but the tighter windows made him hesitate and try to do hero ball poo poo in the backfield.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Going for it was the right call. Even the playcall wasn't bad. But Mahomes should have immediately chucked it out of bounds when he saw his receiver would need to break two tackles. It's on him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Professor Funk posted:

Rams have a bunch of dudes who I want to win rings, especially Stafford and Donald.

Cincy has Joe Burrow, who is cool as hell. You also get the feeling that this is their one shot, given how tough the AFC is going to be for the foreseeable future, so want them to make the most of it. As good as Burrow is, you can't bank on them being back anytime soon.

I'm definitely happy with either team winning.

I dunno man, I know the AFC is gonna be a dog fight but if Cincy puts a line in front of Burrow, they're right there for a good long while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

I just learned that Robert Woods nickname is Bobby Trees

it makes sense

bows1 posted:

Eli Apple saved the game

You mean by committing PI in the end zone? Now there's a scary thought. But you're right