Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I saw Mr. Cool Ice recently (from behind, but he's rather distinct) carrying a kid on his shoulders and another on his hand :3:

That was in the city I'll move to soon so every time I visit I'm stoked for another chance at seeing the legend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I really, really need Mr Cool Ice to not be a terrible person

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Wow I always thought those were fake tattoos!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Simply Simon posted:

I saw Mr. Cool Ice recently (from behind, but he's rather distinct) carrying a kid on his shoulders and another on his hand :3:

That was in the city I'll move to soon so every time I visit I'm stoked for another chance at seeing the legend

Please please please don't tell him you're a goon. He'll never respect you.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

venus de lmao posted:

Is he a tattoo artist himself? imagine getting inked by Mr. Cool Ice :allears:

Maybe it's a situation like where if the town has two tattoo artists, you want to go to the one with the lovely tats.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

"Our farther"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

venus de lmao posted:

Is he a tattoo artist himself? imagine getting inked by Mr. Cool Ice :allears:

All he really has to do is learn how to do a Mr. Cool Ice tattoo and he’s set for life.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

canyoneer posted:

"Our farther"

Every day we stray farther…

Simply Simon posted:

He’s just upping his body accoutrement game.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Every day we stray father…

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

New season of Big Mouth looking pretty hosed up.

Chernobyl Princess posted:

she didn't want to spend over $120 on a tattoo.

I just winced. :stonk:

I love this, but I'm redneck trash. :colbert:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

fast food Thanos must not be allowed to collect all the infinity brands

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

At the last concert I attended before pandemic i spotted a guy wearing a hoodie that had all the Mr. Cool Ice tattoos printed on it. I hope that’s really him making money from his own brand as opposed to some internet meme tshirt company selling those without Ice’s knowledge.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

canyoneer posted:

fast food Thanos must not be allowed to collect all the infinity brands

Instead of instantly, it kills with the mighty powers of obesity, heart disease, and the dreaded diabeetus. The diarrhea is the cherry of suffering on top.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I was a die-hard Harry Potter fan and even I don't get why people always get the deathly hallows symbol as a tattoo. Like, why that specifically??

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Because it’s a clean geometric design and those make for pretty straightforward tattoos.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

History Comes Inside! posted:

Because it’s a clean geometric design and those make for pretty straightforward tattoos.

Doobie and a sock would be cooler.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Is that it? Really? I guess I thought it was something deeper than that. It's such a popular design, but it came up pretty last minute in the story as compared to literally anything else that could represent the series as a whole

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They’re not supposed to be cool,

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I guess I'm still stuck in that "tattoos as having meaning rather than just being something cool" mindset.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Happy Landfill posted:

I guess I'm still stuck in that "tattoos as having meaning rather than just being something cool" mindset.

Even if everyone had that mindset think about the kind of stuff that fourteen year olds think is profound and deep, and combine that level of emotional sophistication with a complete lack of aesthetic sense. "Omg I love those books" is about as deep as some people get.

I knew a guy in high school who thought reading was dumb and for losers. Then the first Halo book came out, and he gave it a try because how could it not be cool, it's Halo!1! Then he asked friends if there were books that games like Halo drew from, and next thing I knew he was blitzing through Niven, Asimov, and the like, before branching out to other genres. Turned out he wasn't a moron; he'd just been profoundly failed by the school system and his parents.

Now imagine what kind of tats he'd get if he hadn't been open to new experiences slash curious enough to branch out from Halo books.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Halo tats? Maybe a boba fett tatt to jazz it up?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Praise Sloth Jesus

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
When there was only one set of footprints, that’s when I was hanging from a tree.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

AlbieQuirky posted:

When there was only one set of footprints, that’s when I was hanging from a tree.

The Goonies Sloth. :cmon:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

What the gently caress is this supposed to be?

Besides "infected"

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

whypick1 posted:

Besides "infected"

You know how there's supposed to be a mystic "third eye"?
Well, that's the mystic "second butthole"

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

some hosed up zodiac symbols and uhhhh
infected

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

whypick1 posted:

Besides "infected"

an even more revolting anus

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I doubt it's intentional, but I'm pretty sure the middle part says "moron".

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Scratch Monkey posted:

I would be crushed if Mr. Cool Ice was milkshake ducked

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Even if everyone had that mindset think about the kind of stuff that fourteen year olds think is profound and deep, and combine that level of emotional sophistication with a complete lack of aesthetic sense. "Omg I love those books" is about as deep as some people get.

I knew a guy in high school who thought reading was dumb and for losers. Then the first Halo book came out, and he gave it a try because how could it not be cool, it's Halo!1! Then he asked friends if there were books that games like Halo drew from, and next thing I knew he was blitzing through Niven, Asimov, and the like, before branching out to other genres. Turned out he wasn't a moron; he'd just been profoundly failed by the school system and his parents.

Now imagine what kind of tats he'd get if he hadn't been open to new experiences slash curious enough to branch out from Halo books.

That's a really nice story :) I agree, I feel like teachers push classics on students and are too quick to scoff at modern or popular stuff when often it's the modern and popular stuff that eventually leads kids to the classics if they are so inclined. It's frustrating. See also: graphic novels.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Happy Landfill posted:

That's basically everyone's first tattoo. To badly paraphrase something I read I think on these very forums, your first tattoo is alway like " yeah, I got this skull surrounded by flowers because it represents that our lives are finite and that there's beauty in that and it can be found even in those dark places" or whatever, and then your tenth tattoo is like "it's a salami, and it represents a salami."

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Looks like Skweezy

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

ReidRansom posted:

That's basically everyone's first tattoo. To badly paraphrase something I read I think on these very forums, your first tattoo is alway like " yeah, I got this skull surrounded by flowers because it represents that our lives are finite and that there's beauty in that and it can be found even in those dark places" or whatever, and then your tenth tattoo is like "it's a salami, and it represents a salami."

It was this:

https://twitter.com/danceswithtamis/status/1100963116093825024

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Scratch Monkey posted:

I do, too. Idk why, but if he was a chud, I would legit be pretty sad. Like, he's Mr. Cool Ice, bring a chud isn't icy cool like a skeleton in sunglasses!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

mr cool ice is an aspirational figure

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ah, there you go. Yeah that. I probably did see it here somewhere and didn't remember it being a twiit.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

The Bloop posted:

There's been.... additional developments

Aww, he looks happy :3:

Also this:

Scratch Monkey posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Happy Landfill posted:

Is that it? Really? I guess I thought it was something deeper than that. It's such a popular design, but it came up pretty last minute in the story as compared to literally anything else that could represent the series as a whole

On the more complex side you see a lot of the stag patronus and unfortunately the Death Eaters' wizard nazi logo tattoo-tattoo