Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Casey Finnigan posted:

oh yes these recent events have me chomping at the bit to interact with goons in real life

Champing* at the bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^^^listen here champ,

Gumball Gumption posted:

History teaches you both history and political science. Robbing yourself with your choices.

history teaches you the most important lesson of all: don’t pay taxes you loser, you absolute scrub, peasant rebellions have never failed

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Sounds sort of like Carl Sagan.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smythe posted:

true but im working full time and have a lot of other obligations and i dont think have time to beef out that degree & take that bitch thru grad school. part of choosing this degree is the simplicity of the coursework

quit being a mod and free up some time to get a history degree

there’s at least 10, maybe 20% less pedophiles

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rip Testes posted:

Sounds sort of like Carl Sagan.

time to stick a map of the mineral resources of the kuiper belt on his wall

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the goon love of Carl Sagan is so dang funny. we get it bro the universe is big. wow.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Nichael posted:

also, it's just really loving weird that they pop up in all the photo ops, considering it's an insanely expensive and niche brand. even if there was no epstein connection, it's bizarre.

our own local ice cream brand was in direct competition for favored treat of the democratic establishment but hosed it when bill clinton didn’t like the vegan options. this is 100% true

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Homeless Friend posted:

the goon love of Carl Sagan is so dang funny. we get it bro the universe is big. wow.

smoking weed and looking at the stars is harmless fun

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nichael posted:

also, it's just really loving weird that they pop up in all the photo ops, considering it's an insanely expensive and niche brand. even if there was no epstein connection, it's bizarre.

All of them having the same favorite high end ice cream is just one of the goofy things that shows what a bubble they live in. Pod people poo poo

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

trawling D&D for Jung mouth

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mr. Sharps posted:

our own local ice cream brand was in direct competition for favored treat of the democratic establishment but hosed it when bill clinton didn’t like the vegan options. this is 100% true

maybe the answer is just their vegan flavors taste better, but the epstein connection is real

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Having an "favored [product] of a political party" is kinda odd

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Proud to announce Chevron is the Top Level Sponsor of the DNC in the Energy category. We’re excited to see how they can help us have the Energy to get out the vote in 2022!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Excelzior posted:

"why did you sting me?", asked the voters. "Now we will both drown"

"lol", replied the Dems. "Lmao."

Smythe posted:

curse of the forums. living with these things in your mind unable to find outlet.

this is also the virtue of the sadly nearly extinct goon meet

I remember goon meets, in the before times.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the phrase "young mouth" just reminds me of the Neil Cicierega mashup albums which is relatively fortunate for me

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i remember the niel cicierga helldump thread

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/JakeLahut/status/1488228955568185348?s=20&t=ayNsJvJL7hSwbeh5q25-HA

the Dems need to run this guy in 2024

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Vomik posted:

somehow the DNC got ahold of my email - i've received 15 emails in the past day. i received emails "from"

* Jill Biden
* Doug Emhoff
* JoeBiden.com
* Sen Tammy Duckworth
* Rep Eric Salwell
* Democrats.org
* DNC headquarters

my favorite email so far is probably 3 emails about how "2022 dnc membership cards are going fast so renew now" - i've never had a dnc membership card in my life and honestly it should be bannable to accuse someone of being a democrat

lmao, "going fast" so get one while they last!

otherwise your donation might be rejected!

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Homeless Friend posted:

hey Dumb rear end you're forgetting the second most important thing about sagan, :420:

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

i remember the niel cicierga helldump thread

I don't.

Please explain what this was

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I don't.

Please explain what this was

there was a helldump thread trying to destroy Niel Cicierega many years ago (he posted on this forum as "Triangle" or "Triangular" or something) but there was honestly nothing particularly bad or upsetting about him. in retrospect the thread itself was very embarrassing

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

loquacius posted:

the phrase "young mouth" just reminds me of the Neil Cicierega mashup albums which is relatively fortunate for me

really didnt need the phrase "young mouth mood" in my brain history thanks

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Casey Finnigan posted:

there was a helldump thread trying to destroy Niel Cicierega many years ago (he posted on this forum as "Triangle" or "Triangular" or something) but there was honestly nothing particularly bad or upsetting about him. in retrospect the thread itself was very embarrassing

yeah that's helldump in a nutshell. once the real crazies got found out and run off, it because a series of increasingly desperate attempts to recapture the magic and find someone really hosed up

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

it's okay, i also got a poli sci degree back when bc i found the classes interesting and was kinda dumb and not actually think about things like "the real world" and "employability" and "usefulness" and whatnot

On the upside, doing that is better than what I did and focusing 100% on "the real world" and "employability"* but loving up and choosing a field where the market crashed right as I graduated (finance). At the very least I wish I had done accounting instead; at least that stayed highly employable. Of all the people I know who got high paying jobs, the only one who also had a normal 8-hour work day was my friend who majored in accounting.

Wish I had just majored in cello performance or something fun like that instead, since it wouldn't have been any less relevant to the job I ended up with.

* also the girl I liked at the time was a year above me in the business school and had positive things to say, which probably factored in somewhat (though to be fair the courses were high quality, with the exception of the "international business" course where we had to read Thomas Friedman's "The World is Flat")

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
computer: one mouth, young, warm.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Was he Toblerone Triangle?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

vyelkin posted:

political science is fake

Yes, I heard this at many job interviews

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Azathoth posted:

yeah that's helldump in a nutshell. once the real crazies got found out and run off, it because a series of increasingly desperate attempts to recapture the magic and find someone really hosed up

it's the same with any goon hate thread. goons can't self-regulate and just up the stakes until they're posting psychopathic poo poo like the hot dog guy or the Everest thread or the india thread or the fat hate thread or any numerous examples

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

computer: one mouth, young, warm.

cant decide if this is riker voice or quark voice

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

arm dragon vs back panther

fight!@

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Smythe posted:

true but im working full time and have a lot of other obligations and i dont think have time to beef out that degree & take that bitch thru grad school. part of choosing this degree is the simplicity of the coursework

unfortunately you've stumbled into a west side story-style eternal hell feud between poi sci and history and as a history major i must now challenge you to mortal kombat

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

vyelkin posted:

political science is fake

More real than economics at least

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gumball Gumption posted:

History teaches you both history and political science. Robbing yourself with your choices.

the power of history is that it’s the only discipline left that teaches critical thinking and source analysis

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the power of history is that it’s the only discipline left that teaches critical thinking and source analysis

:hai:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

More real than economics at least

they used to be one discipline called political economy that was actually okay at examining the world because it assumed that politics and economics were inextricably intertwined and you could not explain either one without constant reference to the other

then the numbers side were like "lol gently caress off theorists, we can make more money if we pretend we're a hard science" and thus was born the discipline of economics and the political economy departments all split in two, and the economists went off to study something called The Economy which was complete different from politics and where you get excommunicated if you pretend that politics has any relevance on The Economy whatsoever

then a little while later the people left behind were like man that's a good grift so they started quantifying everything and calling themselves political scientists and now one useful discipline has become two useless ones

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/DannyDeVito/status/1488257544418054145?s=20&t=nPK4hsm486VHqZmpCSmD7A

Biden is gonna killer Peltier with COVID

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

Was he Toblerone Triangle?

Trapezoid I think

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

There is as much science to politics as there is in those high school physics problems where you ignore tons of variables to make the problem solvable

Politics are art

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

assume a perfectly spherical republican...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Nichael posted:

did you wish him a happy birthday
https://i.imgur.com/ygWp487.mp4

wrote him a coded message containing the information leading to the arrest of hillar