Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

resting mitch face posted:

There were so many little details in Team Maddy’s teaser… like Maddy doing the Arrested Development chicken dance. And Deja’s thumbs up was so hilarious to me for some reason. I want to watch THAT show.

I'm stealing "The dancing queen is here. :|"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I've been saying "you uh-guh-lee bitch" to myself for the past three days

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Is OutTV going to have UK vs The World? I don't see anything on Crave. :( I don't mind signing up for OutTV for a month but if there's no legit outlet in Canada I will have to figure something else out. Are they only expecting it to air in US and UK? If so what's the point in having an international cast?

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

graynull posted:

Controversial but brave take incoming: I don't really like bringing the actual literal dress from an iconic look to the runway. It doesn't really tell me anything about you or your interpretation of the source. It's just the literal dress with you in it. Looked good, just didn't do much for me as a viewer.

My favorite was when somebody literally the rewore Raven's Season 2 finale look and the judges just acted like it wasn't happening.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Drimble Wedge posted:

Is OutTV going to have UK vs The World? I don't see anything on Crave. :( I don't mind signing up for OutTV for a month but if there's no legit outlet in Canada I will have to figure something else out. Are they only expecting it to air in US and UK? If so what's the point in having an international cast?

I see it listed tomorrow night on Crave (about 4-5 hours after the release date).

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Poulpe posted:

My favorite was when somebody literally the rewore Raven's Season 2 finale look and the judges just acted like it wasn't happening.

Who, when was this?

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

I think they're referring to Naomi Smalls.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Drag Race UK vs the World has started and I need whatever the gently caress Jimbo’s talent show performance was injected into my veins.

EDIT: Add Pangina Heals to my previous comment.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 1, 2022

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

jimmydalad posted:

Drag Race UK vs the World has started and I need whatever the gently caress Jimbo’s talent show performance was injected into my veins.

EDIT: Add Panjina Heals to my previous comment.

Is it up on Wow Plus? Edit: Yes, it is. Signing back up.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I thought Jimbo’s talent performance was truly awful but I guess it was something different :confused:

This cast is stacked it’s gunna suck seeing any of them go home.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I thought she was okay before, but was never a huge fan like it seemed so many were. Now I'm official on board the Jimbo train.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Dugong posted:

I thought Jimbo’s talent performance was truly awful but I guess it was something different :confused:

that type of humour is extremely ru’s poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N733Ofj2cVQ

great first episode of ukvtw. the correct two queens were top and the right queen won. I thought cheryl and monique both had weaker performances than lemon but I understand the judging. Is jimbo really that bad at lipsyncing? It felt like a throw but she had six-inch stilettos and very little peripheral vision

Anyway. I hope we get to hear Pangina go off and let her guard down a bit because she’s at her best when she’s heated

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
UK v the World thoughts:

The rules: I'm not a fan of All Stars rules. On one hand, it's resulted in queens deserving of the top prize going home early. On the other hand, Ru and production's overhanded reaching dragging undeserving queens to the end for drama has been a bit much lately, but I suppose in theory, an all stars season like this, there shouldn't be any undeserving queens in general.

The UK Girls: Excited to see Bagga back. While I like Cheryl and Blu, I think there were more deserving queens from season 2, and I wonder why none of them were brought on. Bagga's song was funny, Cheryl's wasn't anything special, and Blu's was okay, I was surprised she placed high.

The American Girls: I thought Monique's performance was going to land her in the top, she had a ton of charisma, and gave me Tina Turner, so I was surprised she was merely safe. She's being extra shady though, and I worry that all stars rules will end up sending her home because of her attitude. The legendary Jujubee, delighted to have her back, but was underwhelmed by her performance and her runway. She can bring more.

The Canadian Girls: Jimbo's performance was so weird, uncomfortable, creepy, but also very, very funny. Exactly what I'd expect from him, and it's right up Ru's sense of humor {anyone remember pickle surprise?). Her openly scheming could also result in her going home early, like Shangela. Her lip sync was atrocious, and it was certainly a bad choice to wear a mask for the lip sync. I thought Lemon did well, but it was something we've seen many times before. Doing the splits alone is not talent show worthy. Her runway was ill fitting though. I'm not sure she deserved to be in the bottom two though, let alone going home.

Holland: I was so excited to see Janey again, she was my favorite from her season. But her performance was not good, and the song choice was weird. I was wondering if there was a technical glitch as it seemed like there should be some louder vocals for her to lip sync to, but instead her talent is removing layers of clothing? I'm glad she's still around, she's super talented, she just needs to bring it.

Thailand: I was so worried for Pangina given that she's never competed before, and had never met any of the other queens before. Her performance was a little weird, but she had so much energy and charisma, it was hard not to love it. And that lip sync, a little kitschy, but thoughtful and fun. A very well deserved win.

My top 2 picks to take the crown this season: Pangina and Jujubee.

I'm hopeful for the season, the premiere didn't evoke the drag race exhaustion I was feeling with DRUK3 and Canada 2.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

Let’s be clear:

Lemon was absolutely robbed. I don’t care if they saw a big jump before from Aja. Aja’s talent show was one of the best numbers in the entire run. Lemon’s wasn’t that, but it was way better than Juju, Baga, Cheryl, &c.

I feel like this series is not going to be refreshing in the way that the current mainline season is, and it’s going to be very weird watching the two at the same time.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I'm real sour on this outcome. Lemon wasn't top but there was worse and I thought her song was fun.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

subpar anachronism posted:

I'm real sour on this outcome. Lemon wasn't top but there was worse and I thought her song was fun.

I genuinely feel crushed for her. It wasn't unreasonable for her to think she had a good performance and runway, and then to suddenly find out you're bottom 2... (especially when Baga did... that)

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Put Baga in the bottom before Lemon. Much betta wasn’t funny 2 UK seasons ago and it’s even less funny now. There was way too much singing and lip syncing but at least Lemon had a stunt.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

I think it is also worth pointing out that Lemon’s lipsync (just as a lipsync) was much harder than everyone’s other than Pangina’s. (though Blu’s was still very entertaining)

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

this is Jimbo's world we're just living in it

edit - my favorite moment of the weeks drag races so far:

alf_pogs fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Feb 2, 2022

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I've never seen Drag Race Thailand before but I'm instantly captivated by Pangina. Her and Jimbo being the winners seems right cause everyone else was bringing a weird tense energy to the show. And I'm saying this after Jimbo dropped bologna out of her pussy.

Haven't seen one second of Janey Jackie's drag before so it's disappointing she didn't leave over Lemon.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Shneak posted:

I've never seen Drag Race Thailand before but I'm instantly captivated by Pangina. Her and Jimbo being the winners seems right cause everyone else was bringing a weird tense energy to the show. And I'm saying this after Jimbo dropped bologna out of her pussy.

Haven't seen one second of Janey Jackie's drag before so it's disappointing she didn't leave over Lemon.

I've sang this song a lot but Drag Race Thailand Season 2 is one of the strongest drag race seasons. 1 is good, 2 is up there with All Stars 2. If you need more drag race (lol) give it a shot. Kudalakorn did a better job than wowpresents.

CalamityKate
Dec 4, 2004

UKvTW: Ru descending from the rafters on the BBC's finest scissor lift is still killing me.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Shneak posted:

Haven't seen one second of Janey Jackie's drag before so it's disappointing she didn't leave over Lemon.[/spoiler]

Holland: She came in second place in her season, and was very talented.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Wrong person went home and the safe v bottoms were… baffling.

Blu’s performance was so unexpected and fun, so glad she’s more comfortable with herself and her drag!!

Pangina’s experience as a judge rather than a competitor in the past will absolutely make for some fascinating perspective and I’m truly looking forward to that.

Monique IMMEDIATELY loving up the vibe makes me home she’s out sooner than later for drat sure.

What’s the timeline on how long we’re waiting on for when we can openly discuss things, by the way? this page looks like a CIA document.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I’m gonna bite the bullet.

Pangina came into that talent show and just destroyed the competition. Only Jimbo was close and I’m glad Ru seemed to get the type of show Jimbo was going for.

To the sad surprise of no one, Pangina is already getting death threats for her decision. I don’t know what it is about drag race that inspires such vitriol.

I just want Pangina to win. So badly.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

the escape goat posted:

What’s the timeline on how long we’re waiting on for when we can openly discuss things, by the way? this page looks like a CIA document.

We've never really settled on a hard and fast rule. The last couple of years everything pretty much aired on Thursdays, so we generally kept things in spoiler tags roughly until Saturday, but if you wandered in here and got yourself spoiled even knowing there was an episode you hadn't watched yet, it was kind of your own fault.

With UKvWorld airing on Tuesdays and Drag Race OG airing on Fridays, it's harder.

I think maybe we should be mindful of spoiler tags for the first 24 hours or so of the episode airing just in case someone forgot that there was a new episode, but we should also hold that responsibility up to those who haven't seen it, and if they get spoiled, then shrug.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

UKvWorld: when I found out ~~~Jimbo~~~ was going to be on, I thought they'd either be a superstar or go over like a lead balloon; very happy to see it's the former (so far).

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

The talent show's audio was definitely mixed super weird. Janey Jackie's lipsync was mixed super low so it felt low energy. Other queens that sang had their guide tracks with their own vocals mixed way too high so it sounded weird as well. I don't know if it was because they weren't able to provide stems (multitrack recording with drums, bass, synths/guitars and vocals separated out, super common for TV) for each queens track, or they did but they mixed in the vocals for some dumb reason? Wasn't an issue so far in S13 / S14 so I have no idea wtf.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Drimble Wedge posted:

UKvWorld: when I found out ~~~Jimbo~~~ was going to be on, I thought they'd either be a superstar or go over like a lead balloon; very happy to see it's the former (so far).

Yes, it's either a total hit or the worst flop possible. No grey area, no room for doubt, it's one or the other.

GrandmaParty posted:

I've sang this song a lot but Drag Race Thailand Season 2 is one of the strongest drag race seasons. 1 is good, 2 is up there with All Stars 2. If you need more drag race (lol) give it a shot. Kudalakorn did a better job than wowpresents.

You're doing yourself a disservice if you haven't watched Thailand, it's wonderful and the Kudalakorn subtitles really explain the cultural references.

angerbot fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 3, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/rpdr_thingssss/status/1488620889050595336

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I’m loving pissed off. What a bullshit elimination. The safes were generally FAR worse.

Like - ofc Jujubee isn’t going home. But gently caress - at least put them in the bottom for the boring rear end song. The boring rear end runway. Then eliminate whoever is paired - which should have been Holland!! Lemons thing was good and exciting vs EVERYONE else tonight who did the lip sync bit.

Jimbo ruled, Blu was funny, Baga was hilarious but the rest? Zzzzz Even Pangina who was safe at best. Jimbo and Baga tops this week.

If the rest of the season is this amount of insanity I’m already out.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 3, 2022

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Baga top? Pangina safe? Hell no. Are we watching the same show?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I’ve never watched DR Thailand so I’m not fanboying. She was safe this episode IMO. Baga’s talent performance was like a crazy drunken drag show and toppled over to so bad it’s good. Pure camp. Even the runway.

Safe isn’t bad.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Baga Chips' performance being judged so well is further evidence I will never understand British Humour and you know what I'm fine with that

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Since this is technically a UK season, then this would be the 4th one. If we still don't get a Kate Bush lip sync after 4 seasons, I will lose all hope today.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
What Kate Bush songs would make the best drag race lipsync songs?

I'll go and say This Woman's Work, because what emotional range you could get with it and I love a drag ballad performance.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

angerbeet posted:

You're doing yourself a disservice if you haven't watched Thailand, it's wonderful and the Kudalakorn subtitles really explain the cultural references.

I watched the first few episodes of season 1 when you could only watch it with fan subtitles. I need to go back and watch it now that it's on WowPlus.

Eej posted:

Baga Chips' performance being judged so well is further evidence I will never understand British Humour and you know what I'm fine with that

Not British humor, just repeating a memorable catch phrase over and over from her first season. Sometimes people like a cheap laugh, and Ru is one of them.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'll just miss seeing the beautiful Lemon on my tv. :(

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Jimbo watching the talent show is a visualization of my depression watching me live my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

Oh, that gives me an excuse to post Sasha Velour's "This Woman's Work" act that was a tribute to her mom. Makes me tear up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIm9mp5eiVs